Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Species Review Centerra Draconis

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create the Draconis species, enriching the lore of Centerra with dragons.
  • Image Credit: N/A
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: Centerra
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Draconis
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Origins: Centerra
  • Average Lifespan: 800-1000 years
  • Estimated Population: Planetary (A Large Concentration on a single world or system, rarely found off-world),
  • Description: Draconis, or Dracons / Dragons, are a diverse species on Centerra known for their immense size and elemental abilities. They include subtypes. Each subtype has unique adaptations to their environment. Though primarily solitary, rare interbreeding can produce hybrid Draconis with mixed traits. They play significant roles in Centerran lore as symbols of natural forces.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type 1
  • Average Height of Adults: 15-20 meters at the shoulder
  • Average Length of Adults: 30-40 meters including tail
  • Skin color: Varies
  • Hair color: Varies
  • Distinctions: Typical distinctions but may vary
Frostwings (Ice)

Scales
: Glacial blue, iridescent
Eyes: Deep sapphire
Horns: Icicle-like
Breath Weapon: Frostbite Breath (icy wind)
Tail: Ice-like spikes
Pyroclasts (Lava)

Scales
: Obsidian with glowing magma veins
Eyes: Molten lava
Horns: Volcanic rock-like
Breath Weapon: Inferno Breath (molten lava)
Tail: Spiked club
Tidescales (Water)

Scales: Shimmering blue-green, iridescent
Eyes: Turquoise
Horns: Coral-like
Breath Weapon: Tsunami Blast (pressurized water)
Tail: Finned
Stormclaws (Lightning)

Scales
: Silver and blue, static
Eyes: Electric blue
Horns: Lightning bolt-shaped
Breath Weapon: Thunderstrike (lightning bolt)
Tail: Whip-like, electric shocks
Geostones (Earth/Gem)

Scales
: Rock-like with gemstones
Eyes: Emerald green
Horns: Crystal-like
Breath Weapon: Earthquake Breath (rock shards)
Tail: Mace-like, solid rock
Galecrests (Wind)

Scales
: Light and feathery, airy appearance
Eyes: Pale blue
Horns: Streamlined, aerodynamic
Breath Weapon: Gale Force (powerful wind gusts)
Tail: Long and flexible, aiding in flight maneuverability
  • Races: Frostwings (ice), Pyroclasts (lava/fire), Tidescales (water), Stormclaws (lightning), Galecrests (Wind), and Geotalons (earth/gem)
  • Force Sensitivity: All
Strengths: They all have an elemental breath associated with their type.
Frostwings (Ice):

• Ice Manipulation: Control over ice and snow.
  • Camouflage: Blend into icy environments.
Pyroclasts (Lava):

• Lava Manipulation: Control over lava and volcanic activity.
  • Heat Resistance: Impervious to extreme heat and fire.
Tidescales (Water):

• Water Manipulation: Control over water currents.
  • Aquatic Adaptation: Excellent swimmers, can breathe underwater.
Stormclaws (Lightning):

• Electric Manipulation: Control over lightning and storms.
  • Storm Riding: Enhanced speed in storms.
Geostones (Earth/Gem):

• Earth Manipulation: Control over earth and rock.
  • Enhanced Durability: Their rock-like scales provide exceptional physical defense against attacks.
Galecrests (Wind):

• Wind Manipulation: Control over wind and air currents.
  • Aerial Agility: Exceptional flyers with high maneuverability.
Weaknesses:
Frostwings (Ice):

• Heat Vulnerability: Weakened by extreme heat.
  • Limited Mobility: Slower in warm climates.
Pyroclasts (Lava):

• Water Vulnerability: Weakened by water and cold environments.
  • Slow Movement: Large size reduces speed.
Tidescales (Water):

• Dehydration: Weakened without access to water.
  • Limited Land Mobility: Less agile on land.
Stormclaws (Lightning):

• Grounding: Vulnerable to grounding attacks.
  • Unstable Powers: Electric abilities can be unpredictable.
Geostones (Earth/Gem):

• Heavy Build: Slower due to their mass.
  • Limited Range: Their earth-based abilities are less effective in environments with little to no solid ground, such as open water or air.
Galecrests (Wind):

• Ground Combat: Less effective on the ground.
  • Weak Against Earth: Vulnerable to earth-based attacks.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Omnivore. Draconis diet prefrences vary by subtype:
    • Frostwings: Large mammals, frozen prey.
    • Pyroclasts: Minerals, metals, cooked prey.
    • Tidescales: Fish, marine mammals.
    • Stormclaws: Large birds, mammals.
    • Geostones: Minerals, large creatures.
    • Galecrests: Small to medium animals, birds.
  • Communication: Telepathy and oration. Roars, body language, elemental signaling. Their vocalizations, known as Dragon Song, consist of guttural and wailing sounds, similar to the melodic, haunting calls used by large aquatic mammals for communication over long distances. These sounds can vary in pitch and duration, creating complex and resonant melodies.
  • Technology level: Low (Natural animalistic creatures, do not use technology). Some times they may interact with various items from other sentient beings they work with but mostly in the forms of weapons and armor.
  • Religion/Beliefs: Shaman like. Seen as descendants of elemental spirits or gods. Each subtype has lore tying them to specific natural forces.
  • General Behavior:
    • Family Life: Mostly solitary, territorial. Rarely form family units except during mating.
    • Values: Survival, mastery of elemental abilities.
    • Raising Young: Offspring are typically left to fend for themselves after a certain age.
    • Interaction: typically minimal interaction with other species; territorial disputes are common. Some forge pacts and bonds with certain other sentient races in exchange of things they desire.
    • Activities: Hunting, patrolling territories, engaging in elemental displays.
    • Nocturnal/Diurnal: Activity patterns vary by subtype (e.g., Tidescales are active day and night, Stormclaws are more active during storms).
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Draconis species, often referred to as dragons, are ancient beings deeply woven into the history and mythology of Centerra. Believed to be descendants of powerful elemental spirits, Draconis subtypes adapted to various environments, giving rise to Frostwings, Pyroclasts, Tidescales, Stormclaws, Galecrests, and Geostones. Throughout history, they have been revered as guardians of nature's forces, playing crucial roles in shaping the planet's landscapes and ecosystems. Rare interbreeding among subtypes has led to the emergence of hybrid Draconis, further enriching their lore and mystique.

Last edited:
:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Matthew of Valendale Matthew of Valendale

A couple of things…

1. Most notable reading through this submission it reads a lot like something I would read from a dragon rider book as opposed to Star Wars. I believe the best way to address this is in the history. Expand on it, and rather than talk about elemental spirits work the force into it.

After all, in Star Wars we have the force.

2. Geostones: everywhere you mention them you say earth. Per codex guidelines this is not permissible.

Don't use specific Earth references as shorthand instead of explaining something. Ex. 'Japanese culture,' 'Medieval Europe', etc.

Earth is about as Earth as it gets. Rock, Mountain, Soil, Stone, would all be acceptable replacements.

Thanks! Let me know when this is ready.

Hi Judah,

Thank you for your feedback. I understand your point about my submission reading more like a dragon rider book than a typical Star Wars story. I'd like to address that by explaining further.

Dragons and dragon riders are integral to Centerra's culture and history, and the concept of spirits and esoteric interpretations of the Force is well-established in the Star Wars universe already. Here are some examples that illustrate the use of "Spirits" in Star Wars lore:
They even have a neat book about seekers titled towards similar naming conventions:
Additionally, dragons also have their place in the Star Wars universe:
And here are examples of dragon riders:
Regarding the use of "earth" versus "Earth," I appreciate the clarification on Codex guidelines. In my submission, I'm referring to "earth" in the context of soil, rock, and stone, not the planet Earth. For example:
"earth" is also mentioned in "Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords." in game script.

I hope this helps clarify my intent and inspirational references. Would you like me to include these links as references for additional context?

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Matthew of Valendale Matthew of Valendale

The earth bit I definitely am nitpicking on, so ignore that request.

As I suggested above adding more to the historical information should help clarify the issues I have.

I believe the best way to address this is in the history. Expand on it…

Tell me how and why they are part of the planet lore. The history just tells me they are, then gets into potential evolutionary information and other facts mostly addressed in the sections above.

I also get the impression that people on the planet interact with dragons or have. Tell more about that!

I hope this helps you better understand what I’m looking for here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom