Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Chicken of the Sea

Kirima | Jael City
Laphisto Laphisto
It was freezing.

Why? Who in their right mind settled on a planet with a cool climate?

Apparently some fringe group called the Lilaste Order.

Makai didn't know anything about them. Thankfully, Thirty-Seven was able to deep dive and give him a series of notes and highlights he would need to at least navigate issues on the planet. A government centered around the Force but the idea of using both the Light and Dark of said Force. It seemed more neutral ; less war torn and more focused on its civilians and the surrounding star systems. A bit isolated, but he easily understood the need to keep to yourself, sometimes it was more rewarding to watch the Jedi and Sith kill one another and pick up the remaining pieces.

Despite wearing a suit, he had his rather unformal brown jacket on, one he typically reserved for non-working hours. It didn't matter today, Makai did not do well in cold temperatures. As such ; he already saw issues ahead with the temperature. He wasn't sure how much colder the planet got, but already he was thinking they needed to move production more indoors or controlled. Aquaculture could easily happen in controlled pools of water that were warmed. Sure, fish can grow in cooler waters and often were bigger, but warm water made them mature faster. A mixture of both could be beneficial in the future ; according to the government they were looking at being more self-sufficient and less reliant on the 'verse at large.

Made sense. He would have to inquire if there was a department of natural resources, Aina didn't need a fine on their first venture into agriculture.

Iced azure eyes squinted as he looked up into the sky, holding a hand to his eyes to take in the ice-capped mountains. Definitely cold. Perhaps contracts for massive greenhouse shields could be in order ; Makai had a loose idea on how they would work and Laravan could easily produce them. A thought for the governmental official he would be meeting.

High Commander of the Lilaste Order
Laphisto knew that the visitor would be arriving soon, but he, unfortunately, was running late. With a slight rumble pushing from his throat, he soon descended to the landing zone in a LAET/I MKII gunship. The door opened before the vessel touched down, and the large Dragon-like humanoid stepped forward. dressed only in his armor." My apologies for my late arrival; I hadn't meant to keep you waiting. i take it you have been informed about our task at hand?"

He didn't think the planet would be able to be hospitable for agriculture. but it was the only system that could be thoroughly protected by the order, especially considering that the station the order made into their HQ was present in this system it was the easiest to preserve and supply, not to mention there would be no worry about cargo being intercepted. So it had to do; it had to be here everywhere.

shaking his head softly he crossed his arms over his chest, eyes looking down at the man before him as he squinted at them - or was he glairing?- his eyes shifting to a soft teal blue before peering into them through the force drawing out their alignment as he spoke " i was told your the best at this sort of thing, i hope your reputation proceeds you, and you can help turn this wasteland into something valuable for the order" he looked around frowning softly to himself at his own usage of words. granted to him the place was a wasteland but to the inhabitants? well this was home a place they deemed of great importance. shaking his head he cleared the though. best not to dwell on it, but he made a mental note to be more mindful of his words.

Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell

Gunship? Was this a contested zone or were gunships the only way to get around? Perhaps since his contact was important in the Order there was a worry about assassination and bounties. Wouldn't be the first time he worked with an overly cautious client.

Makai had to crane his neck up to look at the humanoid. At this point, the half-Galan was starting to feel short rather than what he had previously considered an average height. He was going to have to invest in muscle rub for his neck.

"Oh, I don't mind waiting, gave me a chance to look around."

Hand came out of his pocket and he offered it in greeting. The man seemed all about business but Makai still had to remember his manners in order to keep this potential business relationship cordial.

"Makai Dashiell, a pleasure. This is my protocol droid, Thirty-Seven."

[ Greetings Sir. ]

"I have been briefed. I did a little research on my own as well. I wouldn't so much call this a wasteland. Just challenging when it comes to agriculture and feeding an entire system and beyond. This planet is very cold, but I do understand your logistical challenges."

Makai looked back at the landscape.

"I have several ideas and potential products or solutions in mind. Do you have a sentient work force to help assist or will this all need to be automated? Obviously droids will do the most back breaking portions but in order to be successful you will need someone that understands nuance."

"I think with time we could even grow more exotic foodstuffs and create and new venue of profit for your government as well. What are your thoughts? I'm afraid I only know what my droid has told me."

Laphisto Laphisto

He looked down at the offered hand, his glair - or squinting, it was a bit hard to tell - still persistent on his face before looking up at the man. reaching out and shaking the offered hand." Ah, where are my manners? It seems I was lost in business. Laphisto Div'atori Gix, High commander of the Lilaste order. It a pleasure to make your acquaintance"

He looked over at the droid, giving it a simple nod and not really paying the machine much notice. "Yes, each planet has its own pros and cons, and this one just so happens to be a frozen world. But there is still life here, be it in the citizens we protect or in the wildlife that roams the world's surface. One of the reasons we hope to achieve agriculture in this world is to give both the order and the people of this world a self-sufficient food supply that can sustain the locals and our forces."

When the man spoke of droid labor, he snorted, shaking his head softly. The soldiers in the gunship have stepped out and followed up behind the commander by this point: " Droids, while they have their uses, can be. Disloyal, or even to some degree faulty, we have sentient willing to put in work for the order. but we request an absence from the droid workforce." Laphisto had a high distrust of droids. Mainly because their coding didn't allow them to think freely, and the lack of sentience bothered him; machines stuck in a code always seemed to cause some distress in one way or another, and in some cases, the last of empathy they could show caused the lives of many soldiers under his command during the Mandalorian wars. If he could figure out how Toltec Toltec and his people became sentient, then droids would have more value in his eyes.

He seemed momentarily lost in thought before one of his men cleared his throat. He momentarily flicked his gaze up and around before settling back upon the man before him. Causing him to clear his throat and shake his head. "My apologies, where were we?" he thought briefly, not giving the man enough time to answer before answering his question:" Right agricultural development. well we hope to be able to construct some habital zones perhaps, maybe terraform some locations for agrarian growth in domes, like they used to use on Mandalore."

As he spoke of the planet, he unconsciously frowned, a hand reaching up and brushing against the sigel of clan ordo on his shoulder, as he remembered the world destroyed and turned from a lush green and vibrant world to a dust ball. Pillaged and destroyed

"I can ask this guy to wait inside the ship, if you want."

Makai hooked a thumb back towards Thirty-Seven. His protocol droid was wisely quiet for a change, as if understanding in this moment regarding business and commerce he should stay quiet for the good of the company. He was used to his own father wanting a wide berth around inorganics, so it would be nothing for the protocol droid to wait on him.

His knowledge of sentient leaning products would fair well here. Biodomes would be easy enough to construct. They would just be massive and would have to be planned quite far in advance in order to ensure the size worked. Personally, Makai could see the project occur in phases, but he wasn't the one in charge here, the client was.

"I am unaware of what they used on Mandalore but I am certain I get the jist. Given you have a smaller government, I think biodomes with geothermal power would be wise.Under my fathers company, there are geothermal units and ocean energy generators that could provide cheap energy to the biodomes...otherwise given how cold it is, food is going to be too expensive for people to afford. Or for your government to subsidize."

"I do agree the planet needs to be protected, which is why I suggest we do this cleanly and with thought. Really a closed loop system could be created. Fish manure from aquaculture or livestock manure composted, used for the plants, plants nourish the people and livestock and land....rinse, wash, repeat."

"Question is how big are you thinking? A trial period so to speak or are you all in?"

Laphisto Laphisto

he shook his head softly at the offer "While it's appreciated, it's not needed; droids are a part of the galaxy at large; just because I don't trust them as much as I would an organic doesn't mean I should be catered to. "

he listened to the man's suggestions and ideas on how to go about creating areas capable of producing the necessary energy and fuel source to maintain and operate these biodomes for agriculture. everything sounded like a nice idea, though he wasn't well adverse on the field. He nodded along until the man asked him a question, to which he looked over towards them. "Well, my father always told me. if you are going to commit to something, you commit fully, there is no such thing as half-committed"

reaching out to one of the soldiers that were accompanying him, he looked back to the man and offered a datapad his way. "Draft up the plans, and I'll have my men get to work. you have any and all resources of the order at your disposal for this endeavor"

"My father isn't a huge fan of droids, so accommodations are fine with me."

Makai made a small mental note not to bring Thirty-Seven next time he visited the Order or to merely leave the droid inside his personal vessel. In future business, making sure he sent a sentient representative in his place was also high on the list. It seemed work would be a bit slower too ; typically his operations used droid and sentient labor but it seemed the Order would prefer sentient. Not an issue.

"Sounds like we're all in."

Makai offered his hand to shake to shake to seal the deal.

"I can draft the plans and have something submitted very shortly. Uh, one question about the soldiers....are you anticipating any issues? I noticed you came in a gunship? Should I hire security to ensure things run smoothly or will your Order be fine? There are major concerns out in this region?"

Laphisto Laphisto

Laphisto raised a brow, looking up towards the gunship he arrived in, and gave a small chuckle, softly shaking his head and clearing his throat." Other than some pirate trouble, a few systems up north, no, the order is a military-based organization. We pride ourselves on our warfare, so we adopted a ship doctrine to match. from civilian jobs to the military. the order can be considered a Specialized stratocracy. every citizen of the order holds a military rank, and in turn everyone is trained for warfare should the need for a full planetary defence, the entire population can and will take up arms to defend their homes"

the man spoke with pride in the conditions he had laid out over twenty years ago. an entire generation devised and trained to be soldiers all while keeping normal citizen operations on planet Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell

"Citizen soldiers. Militia basically. I was just curious how stable the area is. Not that it matters for an oversized greenhouse, in the simplest terms. However, I feel in the past opposing forces would target agricultural centers for good reason. I suppose there would be no reason to include defenses in the plans, although I do suggest a planetary shield or some type of shielding as a fail safe in the future."

Ideas had already come to mind. A closed loop system, Makai figured the government could use aquaculture to feed the plants needed to feed the entire planet. It was going to have to be massive, even then it was just a drop in the bucket at large. He had no say but thought the government could try this out and then expand further. Perhaps not with himself but even another company ; or on their own. According to their leader the citizens seemed resourceful, surely other planets had to have a better temperature.

Maybe even old fashioned backyard gardening programs to reduce some of the burden on the local government resources. Again, he wasn't a politician or governmental man. Just ideas formed while he looked at the landscape.

Hand shook Laphisto Laphisto 's once more, sealing the deal.

"I have a few things in mind. I'll send you the plans and then we can get underway, I predict if the project is fast tracked two months from now the structure will be built and planting can begin. I only say two months due to the galaxy being in upheaval. Space lanes and trade routes can get clogged quickly with refugees, I don't want to overpromise and underdeliver."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom