Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion Cormitting To Helping Others | GA Dominion Of Cormit/Ornfra Hex

Objective: War what is it good for?
Currently listening

The measure was defeated.

She felt this great sigh escape.

Ahh but then Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau added in a comment. She smiled and looked down, perception was everything especially in politics. But which audience mattered the Senate, the Press, or the people they represented. Right now in light of all things the Alderaani preferred her to be home. And certainly Ikenna Tahj Ikenna Tahj presented strong argument to support being home.

Without turning away she suddenly had a cup of hot tea handed to her, Becca had slipped out and returned without Faith even noticing. A nod of acceptance and appreciation was given for the young woman's effort.

The remarks were worth listening to it could give perspective on how members were feeling.

if they're watching anyways
hJJw3Ng.png

Brama Tagge Brama Tagge
There were always openings.

This one was built on unfortunate circumstances -- the attack on Fossk sent most of the Senate to the Alliance Ascendant, but some stayed. Their reasons were varied, but it only mattered that they were within reach. Plus, with such a heavy topic on the table, they'd be distracted long enough for Auteme to slip in a few good conversations.

The first of which was Brama Tagge, Senator of Tepasi. Hers was a familiar name; she'd accompanied Auteme on their visit to First Order space to help negotiate the movement of refugees from the crises in the galactic east. Brama's family, too -- Emmen had been a friend, both to the Jedi and her personally, and the House of Tagge was as reputable an institution as the Tagge Corporation or the government of Tepasi. Auteme would have been a fool not to update her own knowledge of the woman's history. Veteran soldier, ironclad morals, perceptive even with one eye. She shuddered to think what the woman might do with two.

Eyes on the prize. Allies in the Senate were a necessity to secure the future of the Jedi, and Tepasi's influence had never been insignificant in the thousands of years of galactic civilization. Compared to that, though, Auteme had little to offer, at least at the moment. This meeting was less a concrete negotiation, so much as a probe for information. There were things she could only learn about Brama through a longer conversation, and now was the best time, with so many onlookers so far away.

Her arrival at the Senator of Tepasi's office in the Senate Building was relatively understated; fewer Senators meant less press, though the security seemed tighter than ever. She couldn't see the Senate Guard's eyes under their helmets, but she could tell they were wary of her, as though she had not been coming here for nearly six years now.

Brama's own security was no less impressive; Tepasi's defense forces were famous for their skill and quality, and Tagge had an impressive household guard with her. After a quick confirmation of her identity, the guards let her pass, and the doors to the office slid open. They seemed slightly more comfortable in Auteme's presence, though it may have been simply because she wasn't having an unscheduled meeting with the Senator. Other Jedi had done so with other Senators, to disastrous results.

Enough of that. It was time to focus.

"Senator Tagge," she said, bowing her head respectfully. When she straightened once more, a bright smile spread across her face. "It's lovely to see you, as always. I know it tends to be all, ah, business, in this building, but I must ask, is your brother well? I haven't spoken to him in some time, I'm ashamed to admit."

9_zTPUAldYVb9wRJ0ixwj_MF-vvPdPg01Jg9XnpF2RJ_Arh5FfJ1WgFXV2cROcvBdnHzwaQA5JIjfEv64hic3Ozga9OSYq8Y0I9ybJ3qntbzyXeR7s8VXk5f0-akMQvhYQN3gS1O

CORUSCANT || TAGGE OFFICE
Auteme Auteme
BlwFtWb.png

Timeworn fingers moved from one corner of her mouth to the other in deep contemplation over the discussion at hand. Outside, there were celebrations of one war ending. Inside, there was discussion on prolonging another -- or at least how to prevail should another initiate. The senate was away, the most of them, discussing things they'd discussed before. She'd received a brief, courtesy of her aide, and had submitted her motion without having to hear the chin-wagging of her colleagues. By now, their reactions were expected. Each planet falling into a pattern of where their alignment stood.

Which gave her time to sink into her chair and have a crisp, iced glass of whiskey. Probably the only thing, other than her hounds, that she liked about Corellia.

And time for appointments that were just as time-sensitive as the debates at hand. Not too long ago, the senate had convened to discuss investigating the Jedi. She'd motioned for approval because she trusted the results would be fruitless.

War was war. People killed one another. Nobody was holding any of the Defense Force accountabl––

Her office doors slid open and intruded her thoughts.

Immediately, Boyce and Gido rose from their places at her feet. Non-threateningly, but less relaxed. They sniffed at the Shield's feet with interest while Brama gestured at the open seat across from her, next to the window so they might look out at the celebrations below.

It's lovely to see you, as always. I know it tends to be all, ah, business, in this building, but I must ask, is your brother well? I haven't spoken to him in some time, I'm ashamed to admit."

Brama snorted instantly.

"Emmen is still all business," she responded with a mirthless chuckle, and waved one of her hands so Dash could see that he should bring the Jedi Knight some water. "Other business that's fortunate enough to have his time," a dark look crossed over her expression.

"Bit of a shame his retirement. That old sh!t."

He had been an excellent politician, Chancellor, leader. And foremost, he never would have slunk so deeply under the covers with the Imperials. A notion that put her at odds with Chandra.

"But you, Auteme, you're not retired. And you wanted to see me. Have a seat, relax, discuss."

Auteme knelt a moment -- she'd selected a rather free-flowing white dress with a gold trim, knowing Brama might mislike the ultra-formal wear Auteme often felt necessary when meeting her fellows -- and gave the two hounds a few friendly scratches around the ears and under their chins. A few more sniffs and hand-licks, and the dogs seemed satisfied, allowing her to pass over to where Brama sat.

She chuckled at the comment. Though she knew of the Senator's opposition of Chandra on a number of fronts, they were alike in many ways, primarily a certain distaste for nonsense. Auteme slid into the seat next to the woman.

"I admit, there's quite a bit of business to be done; certainly business that never would have come up during Emmen's time." Things seemed simpler in youth. Auteme was already beginning to feel old. Yet, she shed those thoughts in favor of a bit of energy -- a careful eye on the Tepasi woman, and a quickness to speak. "The accusations against Zaavik, the pushes from Senator Fossk on my Order- well, surely, something must have gone terribly wrong for a former Jedi to be the one leading the charge against the Jedi.

"Though... I have not heard your opinions on such matters on the Senate floor, Senator Tagge."

9_zTPUAldYVb9wRJ0ixwj_MF-vvPdPg01Jg9XnpF2RJ_Arh5FfJ1WgFXV2cROcvBdnHzwaQA5JIjfEv64hic3Ozga9OSYq8Y0I9ybJ3qntbzyXeR7s8VXk5f0-akMQvhYQN3gS1O

Auteme Auteme
BlwFtWb.png

"Fossk, Chandra, all these Jedi turned politicians." She touched on her chin thoughtfully and leaned back. The ice in its bulb circled in the amber liquor just as Dash reappeared with a canter and glass of water for Auteme. He set it to the side, dipped at the waist, and returned to stand back next to the doorway.

"And all these supposed Jedi turned murderers." Dismissively she waved her hand, as if the accusation had been floating in front of her and was now swatted to the side.

"Though... I have not heard your opinions on such matters on the Senate floor, Senator Tagge."

"Which matters? The incessant push for condemning the New Jedi Order to my thoughts on Jedis turning into politicians?" Brama hid her eery smile behind another sip, buying the time to savour the smoky flavour. "Because so far, I only like one out of the three for the latter. "

She paused and shrugged. "That's not fair. Chandra's not bad outside of her Triumvirate insistence.

As for the former..."
a slender finger tapped against the rim of her glass. The cheerfully blasé attitude shifted into something more somber and she levelled her gaze at the younger woman. "I think it's dangerous territory for you.

Fossk is a persuasive man, and while the Jedi have done right to protect The Alliance through the Stygian Campaign, your popularity is tenuously held at best. There were losses, and people are focused on their loved ones dying. For now, they blame the Senate, but soon that blame will shift with the right story.

And I'm concerned that a few individuals who made decisions to ostracize themselves are the scapegoat necessary for the rest of you and your Order to start absorbing misdirected blame."

Boyce, the needier of the two, let out a whimper sort of sound and sat next to Auteme.

Auteme gave a short laugh -- only long enough to be appropriate in the discussion of murder. "I think both those options are quite terrible," she said. "But I think I'd choose the former. I'd say I'm more politician than Jedi these days, and certainly more of both than a murderer."

After that, she listened in silence, only occasionally moving to give Boyce a little rub -- though not too often, as she didn't want to overstep her bounds with Brama's hounds. She did smile at the compliment, but mostly at the insight; Brama seemed so helpful, even if she was less forthright than Emmen.

Or perhaps she was being more forthright. The comment about a scapegoat would've once sent Auteme into a sort of righteous fury. Scapegoat was such a nasty word, she would've thought. And no matter what they had done, they were Jedi; surely there was a chance for redemption. Surely they could be friends again.

Yet she knew Brama was right. The pressure on their order had sprung from a few incidents. She could not condone them, nor could she deny them. Things had gone wrong, and she'd need more than simple good to fix things. "A fickle thing, trust of the public."

She nodded in agreement. "The situation is... fragile," she said. "And if I'm honest, well, I must say I find this work more stressful than ever. Though my companions among the Jedi are good and steadfast, there is a certain lack of... perspective, I'd say, on the nature of the issue. After all, I am the only one with concrete experience in the Senate; I can hardly ask their help in political matters. Yet, I feel as though approaching things alone would be far worse... but who can I turn to?"

She turned to look at Brama.

Auteme Auteme
BlwFtWb.png

"The senate is well aware of the situation at hand and what these implications are leading to." Brama admitted, tilting her glass so the whiskey might angle more in her favour. "Well, some are.

Turn to the ones who want to stop it. Who value you.

The Jedi have always had allies in Balmorra, Alderaan, Empress Teta, Jakku and for the most part Aargau, and of course Tepasi."
She offered a knowing grin, the lines around her eyes tightening with a flash of kindness before they faded again at the reality of the situation. "That's not many, and it's certainly not majority. There are fence-sitters that can be swayed against the motivations of Epoch and Corellia.

I'd suggest you backchannel as much as possible, curry favour where you can. Even beyond the senate -– high ranking officials who can testify on The Order's behalf. Non-Jedi.

You've got mine. This fvckery is for sods who have no eyes. There are clearly larger threats at play than a few renegade Jedi running amuck. "

Shifting in her seat, she adjusted the fold of her skirts. "And.." she added. "You should respect these notions against individuals not The Order. Separate the two as much as you can in your speech.

Do not refer to the accused as Jedi Perl. Ever. Just his first and last name. Same with any of the other murderous renegades you've kept company with."

K-gC5Qlml_GIFbPluUuwh-0f6IdnPk1k24Ysn7PLxbS67gN3Iicxuoj4nz1ur5FbMMINofQKmgMiEAw7CCjJJZ76Rhy8xx572DcQCxaR8RzesC9pKtxhAWPbkxREEGHbdaM_a3gf
Senate Objective

Sssar listened to the others as they spoke, and the motion was tabled then defeated. He felt no swell of pride. No relief or satisfaction. He was seething. As Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe made mention of a recess and coffee break, and Sssar's numerous colleagues took the offer, the Filithar's coils tightened. A dull rustling of rough scales over one another were the only signs of his mounting irritation. Those who knew him well may have been able to pick up on these subtle expressions though for most it would be difficult given the serpents lack of especially expressive facial features or bare skin to flush with fury.

A world laid shattered, countless slain by the barbaric Maw, and an assassin had the audacity to strike at the heart of the Alliance - and succeeded. It was not the time for luxurious drinks, mingling, or positioning in his mind "Senator Taszzn, your refreshment." came the calm voice of a protocol droid which offered a small plate before Sssar "Thank you." he hissed. As the protocol droid began to waddle off Sssar turned his long body so that he was looking towards it "A moment." he interjected to which the droid paused and turned towards the Senator. Though it seemed his concerns, his ideas, were not penetrating or being given the notice that the Senator had wished. Instead of waiting for the Vice Chancellor or the Chancellor to come around to him he would do his best to go to them. Though the limitations of where the serpent could go was limited by his size and the relative density of the crowd present "Pleasssse inform Vice Chancellor Tithe that I wissssh to sssspeak with him, privately, at hissss earliest convenience. Though do expresssss that my preference issss within the 20 minutesss." which was not exactly at Tithe's convenience though the discontented Filithar was being as diplomatic as he could manage "It would be my pleasure. I will deliver your request right away sir."

The protocol droid made its way down the corridor packed with Senators, Staff, and others of higher esteem till the droid located the Vice Chancellor "Excuse me your excellency, Senator Sssar Taszzn requests a private audience with you at your earliest convenience." then it tacked on after a beat "Within the next 20 minutes."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom