Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech CTOii | Neuroctet 'Octopus' Bio-Implant Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.
rafe-johnson-brain-5.jpg
rafe-johnson-brain-2.jpg
rafe-johnson-brain-1.jpg
marek-madej-netrunning-port-01-madej.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Neurocranial
  • Size: Small
  • Weight: Very Light
  • Resistances (Optional): Average
    • Energy/Electrical: High
    • Kinetic: High
    • Lightsabers: None
    • EMP\Ion: Average
    • Sonic: Average
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • CPU and NPU Cooling System - Ventilation to avoid system overheating from usage and harsh environments
  • Sodium-ion based Power Generator - A generator connected to user's gills and bloodstream to generate power from sodium ions
  • Modified Aegis Sh13ld Anti-Malware, Firewalls & Security System
  • Expansive Data Storage and Rapid Processor
  • Modified Hubris Reed Remote Entry and Exploitation Device - System works for centralised data accessing and command, connecting to devices around allowing the ability to control by entering the right code structure and commands.
  • Reality/Pain Disassociation System - Disassociates through the modified Silkie Implant AR and disconnecting one from their peripheral sensory nerve endings until grounded back to reality.
  • Voltage Dependent Resistors and Rectifiers - Silicon carbide varistors and self-healing selenium rectifiers absorbs, redirects and diffuses spikes in voltage away from brain gradually throughout the body in static and releasing charge build up when user is in water.
STRENGTHS
  • Waterproof Exterior
  • Protection against Internal Head Trauma
  • Central and Remote Data Control
  • Emergency Shutdown System and Override Protocols
  • Power-surge Resistant - Varistors and druetium shielding across the device allow withstanding of EMP/Ion and electrical disruptions. However, may trigger an emergency shutdown protocol a/o reboot.
WEAKNESSES
  • Intensive Brain Surgery and Near-permanent Installation
  • Constant Low Hum of Processors, such is low enough only to be noticeable by the user, although ventilation can get loud from prolong use
  • Commodore Helix a/o Mariah of House Marr invasion of privacy - users have executive command access over device.
  • Semi-powerhungry systems, vulnerable to hyponatremia due to the power derived from sodium ions in blood and through gills.
  • Emergency Shutdown System and Override Protocols
  • Prototype, chance of malfunctioning > 0
  • Unable to utilise practical knowledge efficiently without the adequate physical conditioning or practice, such as skills involving combat.

DESCRIPTION
At only 17, Falentra, a recently fallen padawan had realised that there was vast knowledge and skills to acquire in her new life in the darkside. She set the standards high for herself, while she was not disappointing with her already remarkable set of abilities for her age, she wanted to make her new master proud - to impress. There was so much to learn, but if anything, the teen was impatient. There was much potential in bionic, cybernetics, and the brain augmentations she was fascinated much about it. Young, dumb and rather broke, she approached Mariah of House Marr and Commodore Helix asking if they could create one for her, thereby also offering herself as a test subject for the new tech. They were more than willing with the prospect.

The droid Helix and the scientist Mariah, in a project that remained disclosed only between the three within the underwater labs of TSK-9i, they designed and engineered the rather groundbreaking technological device. It was dubbed the name Octopus, in part of Falentra's unique biology and due to the fact the cephalopods have 8 brains aligned with their central one, capable of central and localised control, denoting to the multiple connection points of the CTOii device and its abilities. After many test and trials, the device was finally ready for installation which involved a 16-hour long neurosurgery - an awake craniotomy as with the cervical spine - utilising neurosurgical robots to carry out. After the device had been implanted, Falentra was put through intensive healing including some use of alchemisation to expedite her recovery.

CTOii was only activated after recovery. The stimuli and information processing was initially overwhelming for the sentient brain in the first few days, but very soon, Falentra had adapted remarkably well to the systems and uses. Under a scientific apprenticeship under Mariah of House Marr, they would learn how to utilise and use the device more efficiently. The CTOii device allows the rapid learning of skills and knowledge in a scale that is not possible with the sentient brain alone, a pairing that has arguably more potential than artificial intelligence systems. It acts as a powerful mobile computer and data storage, able to hack remotely, compromise defenses and disrupt systems from within networks.

Last edited:
M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
Falentra Falentra

I will be your Factory Judge for this submission. If you have any questions about my judgement, please ask away if you require further information. Lets get this underway shall we?

• Manufacturer: Helix Solutions, Marr Tech
  • Affiliation: Helix Solutions, The House of Marr, Tsis'Kaar, Tsis'Raki.
Please link the House of Marr, and affiliations.

Secondly, can you link your character profile underneath the Affiliations. As you do mention in the intent that it is for this character.

Third, Unique Submissions can only be affilated to one individual. Not a company. However, if the idea of this being a blueprint for the companies involved then please specify that the Blueprint technological aspectes can be used by those companies. Something along the lines of this.

Affiliation:
Object | Character
Blueprint | the Companies.

Currently, the Hubris Reed and the Silkie Implant are marked as Closed Market. Can you please provide me a source of Permissions to use technology, or provide where the character had received such technology?

STRENGTHS
  • Waterproof Exterior
  • Power-surge Resistant
  • Protection against Internal Head Trauma
  • Central and Remote Data Control
  • Emergency Override Protocols
WEAKNESSES
  • Intensive Brain Surgery and Near-permanent Installation
  • Constant Low Hum of Processors
  • Commodore Helix invasion of privacy
  • Semi-powerhungry systems, vulnerable to hyponatremia due to the power derived from sodium ions in blood and through gills.
  • Emergency Override Protocols
  • Prototype, >0 chance of malfunctioning
  • Unable to utilise practical knowledge efficiently without the adequate physical conditioning
A couple things with the strengths and weaknesses I would like to see expanded. I have Bolded and Highlighted them in my Reply notation.

You state "Power-Surge" resistant. Is this an implication that it can resist EMP/Ion weaponry that could be used? or is this just that other electrical systems that this could be connected to won't send the surge to the brain? I'd like a little more of an explanation on what you mean by "Power-Surge"

The Constant Low hum, Is that meaning other people can hear this humming, or is it an internal humming that is present in the individual this is implanted into? There is a big difference in just causing mild personal problems, and that of other people hearing it.

First, Utilize is spelled incorrectly. The "S" should be a "Z". Secondly, What is this practical knowledge provided by the Implant that would require conditioning for?

Semi-powerhungry systems, vulnerable to hyponatremia due to the power derived from sodium ions in blood and through gills.
While I do know what Hyponatremia is, Not many people may know what it means. Can you please provide a link to what it is for ease of access.

DESCRIPTION
Falentra want brain implant, Mariah of House Marr and Helix said yes. Together, they designed and engineered one for her.
With this kind of submission, I would like to see more of an explanation of why the character would want this. What kind of process and surgery would the character need to undergo. Explain the processes in which this implant would be used for.

EDITED RESPONSE FOR CLARIFICATION.

Last edited:
im unable to get permission for the hubris reed as the creator of the tech is awol.

thank you for taking your time to review this but could you bring this sub to the wip forum as i wait for the permission.

M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
Falentra Falentra

I apologize for not responding to this sooner. I thought I had.

If I were to move it to the Pre-factory, I will not be able to pull it back into the Technology Creation as per the rules of requiring the individual to repost the submission. So here is what we can do.

You can remove the item for now, fix what I have already asked of you, and we can get this approved. At a later date, it can be added via Modification Requests.

OR

Fix the requested edits, I can then move it into the Pre-factory where then you can repost it at your leisure.

Which would you like to do? I'm willing to do either with you because I want you to be able to play with your toy here. It has a lot of merit and a cool idea. So I recommend the first option. As you can always come back and edit it later.

Vora Kaar Vora Kaar i have made changes. I have added Voltage Dependent Resistors feature and explained more for powersurge resistance trait in strengths. dont touch fal, else massive static electric shock XD - she is the metal to your winter.

i have elaborated more on the other points. added much more on the description.

and i have silkie implant permission from dms.

i am not changing my S-ses to Z-ses. sorry not sorry. : /

Last edited:
M O N O L I T H
Factory Judge
Falentra Falentra

Thank you very much for the edits. You have come up with a lot of what was presented, and added SO MUCH more to the description. Which is what we are looking for. Rational, and the ideas behind it instead of just a sentence or two.

This is so much more fleshed out and I feel its much better. Thank you for working with me despite the Closed Market conundrum we had.

APPROVED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom