Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Dark academia

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

Location | Yalara Academy

Tag | Mariah of House Marr Mariah of House Marr

From the very moment her lone shuttle entered orbit.. She could feel it, how this place held a tightened grip around you as it tried its best to drag you as deep as it could. Glancing around it was clear that not a single other soul took this trip, it had been Mariah who had been selected some handful of moons ago by the Headmaster. A woman going by the name Adeline... Many knew her by the woman's Darth name, yet strangely.. For as much buzz as there was about this undead planet and its strange owner, her intentions and mind remained a mystery.

As the shuttle started to land, making its slow descent into the unknown below, your mind recalls the simple yet fancy letter that had been sent to you..

"Your curiosity intrigues my own, you have been selected to attended the Yalara academy of illogical logic. A week from now your room will be prepared for you, congratulations on this opportunity.."

- Adeline Noctua

No phone, no directions... Just a simple "See you in a week." was all that was given. Perhaps that was the goal? To stimulate your mind to speculate all manner of things, to let you use your own mind to get here?

Alas, the shuttle lands with a mild thud. Stepping out shows that no one else was docked at this time, Mariah left to explore this place as the doors of the shuttle closed behind her.

The air.. So potent and vile with darkness it assaulted your very senses, this was a place of power indeed.

A group of small bats watched the woman as a massive gate opened by itself for her, the steps leading up to an equally massive and elaborate looking door.

Nothing said she had to walk the path paved out for her so soon... There was another gate to her left that had been left cracked open just enough to permit entry, blackened vines riddled with thorns and white flowers seemed to be all over the fence and part of the gate. Dead trees in the distance as well, a garden perhaps?

The right held a gate as well, yet it seemed to be shut at this time? Oddly, each time you look past the bars you can't seem to see anything, yet you swear you remember seeing something... What was it again? Your thoughts clouded, you remember trying to remember... The spectacle seeming to grant you a memory of an eye. Within a blink the gate was a wall, was there even a gate on the right anyway?

A strange welcome to an equally strange place.

The world of sith still had her thoroughly uncomfortable. The fact she was working with them at all was so too. But she had to learn, everything was open to her now. Whatever reservations or fears she may or may not have, had to be stored away, until at least she had enough knowledge and experience to handle things herself. To really decide where she stood. For now, she just hoped nobody wanted her specifically dead for some reason. She doubted it would hold any political advantage, and as of yet, she was no ones rival. Worst case, some sith found her unworthy, or felt she disrespected them. Or wanted her necklace.

She was already starting to learn, though most of her use of the force was limited to meditation or was otherwise not very effective. But, she had at least made a lightsaber. That however was a rather easy task, it was technology. And technology was something she was very proficient in, though she knew she'd have to work on more personal equipment than what she was used to. Maybe some way to decrease the weight of her Sarlaac's reach. Right now she wore one of those devices, a set of huge duraplast arms that extended from the harness, two of them being used as she walked to lighten the load at least a little. And just hoping that the droid alongside her, White, and her own abilities would be sufficient. She'd brought more with her, including the Sarlaac's reach. Some luggage, just in case. But she hoped to not use it. She was here to study. And she brought plenty of ways to take notes.

And she was, in truth, still terrified. When a Jedi was vague, it was mostly just vagueness. When the sith were vague, it might be just vague, it could also be because they were going to kill you. She kept her hands empty, even of the saber at her side. Trying desperately to maintain the appearance of preparation. The lack of her own ship being used wasn't helping either. But she had to learn. And it was important she had more than just the tutors of the House of Marr to do so. The issues with the way the sorrounding area effected her mind was not unnoticed, and only further unnerved her. "Describe what you see." she told her droid, White-5, while she waited for an answer she'd start slowly moving towards the open gate, keeping her eyes open, but also activating her gauntlet. It was a tool, not a weapon, and it was equipped with a number of sensory equipment. Among which was a Lifeform_scanner, Radiation Sensor, Bioscanner, Portable scanner, and gps systems. And attempted to use them to test her sorroundings, as White-5 would do the same. He had less intense sensory equipment, audio and photo receptors, though he did also have a Dedicated Energy Receptor.

She was wary, very wary. And her eyes, her feelings in the force, simply could not be trusted. She had to double check every emotion, every sense (however unpleasant), everything. It had to all be doubted. Even in these moments, perhaps there was something to learn.

Adeline Noctua Adeline Noctua
ITEMS:
mariahs-necklace (worn)
mariahs-gauntlet (worn)
orestiad-flight-suit
Sarlaac's reach
repulsor-board (stored)
Initiation (lightsaber)
A wide range of tools and equipment for technological repairs and creations in a bag.

WEAPONS:
bar-58-blaster-pistol

DROIDS:
White-5 (Using 1 IR-1, 1 sunfury, 1 bar-58. The Initiation blade)

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

The scans showed no signs of radiation or foul play, the results showed that there was indeed life around them. Most of this information came from the garden, with small moving pings showed the many little bats that either were watching the newest arrival or resting in the shade.

Interestingly the harder the scanner searched the harder it clogged up with information... There were indeed thousands, if not millions of moving dots both within and deeper in the academy. Scans had a hard time determining if any of it was alive.

Audio scans only could go so far, giving distorted feedback and faint whispers. You couldn't understand a single word as it seemed like many voices started to speak to you, prying open the surface had resulted in something staring right back.

The main gate had fully opened, with the large door up the obsidian stairs starting to open for the newest arrival akin to a welcoming maw.

Nothing worthwhile, at least so far, that the data could hint at a warning. Aside from that looming concern and lack of information was, itself, threatening to her. She did not like not knowing, and she especially did not like having to put herself somewhere while in that situation. At the very least, the scans seemed to suggest not everything she saw was faked. But perhaps they knew the more especially capable illussions, or were combining it with technopathy.

Well...if the latter was the case, she was probably screwed. Technology was all she had to truly protect herself safely. It was too late to change anything now if that was the case. She took in a deep breath, trying to keep herself from her tendency of twitching. It mostly happened when she was put on a spot of possibly lying, but, this was an intense situation to be in. Despite her fear, she pressed onwards.

Her guard was up, obviously. Constantly. Those long duraplast arms were at least some comfort as she progressed, she preffered the model with six like she used now, or 4. But she'd chosen six due to the nature of the situation. Two being used to keep the weight off her back, and the other four could still be effective for any other tasks. They were a great aid really, even outside of combat. Not delicate, but highly effective for moving large objects or traversing extremely difficult terrain.

She followed the stairs, White was behind her, not in front. She hoped that was the right decision. It was strange that she could actually feel him in the force, or, it. It wasn't like it had any soul, or force connection, to latch onto. But she could sense his existence, likely because she had grown so used to him and the drones and her own ship that perhaps even prior to her awakening to the force properly, there was some kind of imprint in the force her new senses could recognize.

Deciding she wasn't sure if she was supposed to continue or if there was some other test, she chose to speak even as she continued to ascend the steps, "I am Mariah, I was selected for attendance." she spoke loudly, formally, followed by a quick question, "Am I heard?" given the odd nature of the place, she wandered if only introducing herself would give a response even if someone was listening. Perhaps tagging on that final bit, would at least get an answer. If someone would give an answer to anything for the time being.

ITEMS:
mariahs-necklace (worn)
mariahs-gauntlet (worn)
orestiad-flight-suit
Sarlaac's reach
repulsor-board (stored)
Initiation (lightsaber)
A wide range of tools and equipment for technological repairs and creations in a bag.

WEAPONS:
bar-58-blaster-pistol

DROIDS:

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

At first she would get no answer, just the same silence as the path stayed open for her to walk it. But alas, a response would be given, just not in the direction that was expected.

"Yes my dear you are heard, allow me to help you in."

The soft voice came from right behind, upon turning around she would be met with a strange looking woman.. Petite in build with rather odd ears adorning her head, followed by a formal suit and a smug smile.

Hello.png

"If you are through inching about, I would figure we could get you officially written down."

She offers a pale hand to her newest guest, if they took it or not didn't halt the woman from walking onward. As they entered a room ment for processing new students she continued on to speak.

"I of course know your mind hungers for more, but do tell... What are you seeking? What classes? What skills? Given time I can satisfy that hunger."

Seems the inside of the place was more active, with undead and robed figures walked about, no doubt servants and students.

Gently, Adeline takes one of the large fancy books as she readies to log the newest student.

If there was an answer, Mariah half expected it to come from the walls themselves. Yet the fact that it came from immediately behind her made her jump a moment, instinctively for programming reasons, White stepped between the two of them. His plastoid face inexpressive and simple only awaiting further instruction or threat, not even raising his weapon.

Mariah tried to collect herself and face the woman, moving her droid aside. She kept one hand behind her back, squeezing it tight in a fist concentrating on that as a focus on all her anxiety over all this. Sith were terrifying enough without doing stuff like this. It reminded her too firmly of what she knew about sith tombs, reminders of both mortality and immortality at once.

She tried to force a brief polite smile and nod, obviously one not hiding that it was just a greeting. She doubted that in her situation as she was she could hide her true feelings in the situation. Fear, desire for knowledge, and will to do so. The woman before her was odd visually, for a sith in particular, she seemed more like what one might find if searching for a witch living in a distant mansion on a forest planet where the sky above never changed from night. A very specific sense.

The new sith of the order took the hand, unsure of if there was any customs she needed to accommodate her with other than a bow of the head. And would then follow. The fear lingered, but she would not let her mixture of fear and disgust of what she saw cloud her intellect. That needed to remain active and present. And so, she let her curiosity of the oddities before her also go loose.

At the woman's question though, this time Mariah finally had something she could say something about, "In theory, in the long term, everything. But the most pressing at the moment are these, I seek further efficiency in skills like familiars, phantoms, dark energy traps, more precise utilizations of telepathy and alchemy, as well as mechu deru. And those are in order of importance. I know some things about all of them, in theory, I might even be able to learn them on my own....but that may take far longer than I'd like." her voice was shaking, and her fist felt strained from constantly being held tight, but at least she got the words out.

ITEMS:
mariahs-necklace (worn)
mariahs-gauntlet (worn)
orestiad-flight-suit
Sarlaac's reach
repulsor-board
Initiation (lightsaber)

WEAPONS:
bar-58-blaster-pistol

DROIDS:

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

"Everything? Dear... The void always hungers for the greediest minds, but at the same time I also welcome them. Call it a little project of mine if you desire, I enjoy seeing what happens."

Only a half truth, she had much more use for the curious or greedy then just watching what happens... Entertaining as it is..

"I will see what I can do when it comes to getting you into a class, for now I would like to get you all moved in. Make sure you are comfortable of course, the room should suit you."

Casually, the strange woman snaps her finger, the two of them now in a nice looking room. Everything you could ask for really, and fancy looking to boot.

"If the furniture sours the mood you may ask me to switch it out, every room is outfitted with the basics like a kitchen or bathroom.. But I also give work stations to practice your alchemy, space to enter a dark meditation.. And so on."

Said furniture seemed to be made of a dark wood, the fabrics around the place shades of a royal dark red wine.

"I trust everything is satisfactory dear?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom