Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Dark Clouds Come Rolling By

M977SXg.png

"A.. Tracking seal."

Kahlil took a breath before raising a hand. Just in case. One of his own runes formed, just to identify anything that might still be lingering. There wasn't anything that he could find, thankfully. Though now he had to raise is brow again.

"That.. Depends, really, on what she might have taught you."

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Valery Noble Valery Noble

HAIuSyi.png

Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Double-Bladed Lightsaber

And now she was worried.

Even after many years, she still remembered what it was like when Kahlil walked around with an alchemical mark made by his father. How it had nearly torn them apart before they could even start a family. A tracker was perhaps different, but it came with similar risks. A Jedi tracked by a Sith would endanger anybody else around them, and there was no way to know when it would become a problem.

Luckily, he believed the tracker to be gone, but she felt no relief until after Kahlil confirmed it with his use of runes.

She felt it through their bond.

"What did you learn, Shan?" She asked, more worried than anything.

Shan blinked at how the pair seemed to be worried about what he had learned. There was a part of him that felt hurt over that. But he shook his head, to shove that down where he wouldn't have to think about it. They were completely in the right to be worried. Yeah. Of course.

"Erh...I dunno how to explain it properly. I just...wanted to prove her wrong, when she said that the Jedi let people get comfortable with being weak." The Mirialan raised his hand to the back of his neck, sighing slightly. Now he was just trying to overthink everything he had done once again. Shaking his head once more to just try and focus on his explanation.

"And so...when I freed the slaves there, I used the Force to try and give them hope. Raise their morale and everything and help them realise they can defend themselves. That they can fight to protect themselves and their loved ones. That they had strength..."

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Valery Noble Valery Noble

HAIuSyi.png

"It does sound like Battle Meditation." While not a skill Valery used herself, she had known plenty of Jedi who were able to assist their allies with it. She had been under the influence of it before though, and the boost in fighting morale it caused was significant. In some cases, potent enough to change the entire course of the battle.

What Shan had used it for was a very good start.

"Have you learned about the risks of Battle Meditation as well?" Valery asked in addition to Kahlil's question. A huge part of how she was taught various skills with the Force revolved not just around learning how to perform them, but also to learn and think about their limitations.

Their weaknesses and potential risks.

"Not yet. I thought it would be best to discuss it with someone, before I even thought about using it again." Though Shan nodded in Kahlil's direction about tapping into it himself. "Yeah. I'm...a bit capable at figuring out how to do things from other powers. Like figuring out how to use Beast Trick, from learning how to protect my mind." He rubbed the back of his neck in thought, trying to give Valery's question some thought...

"...I suppose one risk is taking too much pressure on myself. Spreading myself too thin to try and help people could cause me to crack...But I suppose there's also another risk of well...Do they still have their own free will, if I'm supporting them?" The Mirialan tilted his head at that thought, resting his chin on his knuckles afterwards.

"Like how healing crystals can help enhance someone's healing potential...but if you rely on them too much, then if you get the crystal taken away, you'll be in a worse place. So if I use Battle Meditation too much, people would have...problems, if I wasn't around to use it?"
Though speaking of healing crystals...Shan made a mental note to talk to Kahlil and Valery about a potential new recruit for the Order.

M977SXg.png

"It's not addictive, thankfully, but you are right to worry that they might feel less when you're not around. But.. You're not giving them feelings they don't already have. It's more.. Supporting the feelings they do. They want to fight, but they're scared, so you're helping them overcome that fear." It wasn't a mind trick that allowed a Jedi to influence weak minds, at least as much as Kahlil understood it.

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Shan Pavond Shan Pavond

HAIuSyi.png

"He's right," Valery said with a smile for her husband. "I've guided several Jedi who learned and Mastered the technique. You don't take away free will with it at all. You give them a morale boost and support the intent they already have. There is a darker side to Battle Meditation that the Sith use, though. They don't just support their own, but they also try to get in the minds of their enemies and instill fear into their hearts."

"Avoid that at all cost."
It was a very quick path into the Dark Side.

"Another risk is for yourself. Classic Battle Meditation puts you in a deep state of focus, so you're quite vulnerable when you use it. Maintain a safe distance from whoever you're trying to help and allow the Force to carry your support."

Maintain a safe distance. "Alright. That...all makes sense to me." That was going to be the part that was key for Shan. Making a mental note not to rush into help when it came to times he actually was going to try and use that power. There was also the part about the dark side and as much as Shan wanted to instantly respond with the thought that he'd never go down that path, he knew it was that kind of thinking that could lead someone down the dark side. Insisting that he couldn't do anything evil, would just mean he'd end up excusing anything evil he does. That was one thing he was going to need to also keep his mind open to.

Though Shan shook his head, deciding to move onto something else. There was still a topic he wanted to talk to Kahlil and Valery about, and well...he had both of them in the same place, so that might be the perfect time. He glanced between Kahlil and Valery, breaking out into a small smile as the Mirialan was trying to figure out how exactly word the situation.

"Oh. Before I forget, I have to talk to you about someone. There's a friend of mine, and Aris' who's Force Sensitive. She's called Zaiya. I tried to help teach her a bit about healing through the Force. I kinda want to see if we can...give her a trial of being part of the Order if that's alright? She lives at the University of Commenor. She was asking how someone would join...and how she'd apply for a visa."

Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

M977SXg.png

Kahlil hummed in thought. Not about the Battle meditation. Valery would have an easier time explaining that than he would, since he couldn't really form bonds like that. It was similar to having him fly with wings. He couldn't flex a muscle he didn't have to begin with. Epicanthix just naturally didn't have much for mentalism without really reaching into it.

Instead, he was more curious about this Force Sensitive.

"Her parents or guardian would have to sign off on it, but the Temple is always open for those who wish to to learn more about the Force. We'll have to make sure she's not a Sith trying to sneak her way in given everything that's going on, but I don't think that's an actual problem. Commenor has long standing ties with he Jedi as it is, so that should make that part easier."

The last ruler of the planet had been the Jedi who brought Kahlil in, after all.

"Just have her guardian get in contact with us. But it sounds like you're looking to get yourself a Padawan already, hmm?"

Shan Pavond Shan Pavond | Valery Noble Valery Noble

HAIuSyi.png

It was Valery's turn to be a nerd, for once.

She realized as much when she caught herself rambling about Battle Meditation, while her husband of all people remained quiet about the subject. These types of abilities weren't his thing, she knew, but to have him completely quiet about some rather unique and potent Force ability was definitely new.

Though, he focused on something equally as important.

"That's about it, yes. If someone's Force-sensitive and underage, we just want to make sure her parents or guardian are aware and agree to it. If that's all settled, she can start her lessons at the Temple." She did agree about checking to make sure that new recruits weren't secretly Sith, but she doubted even the Sith would set up an infiltration attempt and have it rely on a child to work out for them.

"We're also getting close to our destination. Are you two ready?"

Shan nodded. That made sense. He'd have to make a mental note to check on Zaiya so she could ask...whoever was looking after her about coming to the Order. An awkward little smile on his face at Kahlil's comment, shaking his head in his master's direction.

"Well...Not purposefully. No. Just teaching her how to heal reminded me of when Amani took me on a healing mission...Except they didn't have to deal with getting shot at. Which is good."

It was true. Shan wouldn't have been too happy if Zaiya had to dodge blaster bolts...and he presumed Aris wouldn't have been too happy if his friend had been put in danger by Shan. The Mirialan shook his head slightly to focus on the task at hand, looking over towards Valery and Kahlil. It was going to be time to help people evacuate.

"Aye aye! I was born ready!"

Okay. Maybe that was a bit of an exaggeration, but he was ready. Even if it was going to be stressful, Shan would just have to keep focus on getting people out of here. His whole hero complex and having to sacrifice himself had went away...At least slightly.

Valery Noble Valery Noble Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

M977SXg.png

"Teaching someone how to teach is something I will eventually be doing. But it helps when you've already made your own attempts and feel comfortable to do so. I'm proud of you, for it. .. Just don't be teaching anything too drastic yet without letting me know, mm? Can't have you teaching someone how to build a lightsaber or how to swing it just yet."

Actually, Shan was more than trustworthy enough for those sorts of things, but Kahlil had a feeling the boy himself didn't feel ready. He wasn't long now before he'd end up a Knight, given his growth. Maybe Kahlil was being a little selfish in not wanting to jump fully into all the different lessons it'd involve. Especially with Shan's desire to go into medicine.

"I'm ready, yeah. Let's try and be subtle."

HAIuSyi.png

Valery squinted at her husband, "Subtle, huh? I'm the former Shadow here, and you're the giant." She snickered and pulled the ship from Hyperspace with quite the grin tugging at her lips. Being subtle was something she had learned a long time ago, and even aboard a shuttle like this, she knew what to do to maintain their safety through stealth.

She kept power at a minimum and held the jammers at the ready.

Upon entry of the system, the chaos immediately struck the three Jedi. Dozens of emergency calls flooded their systems, some from ships that had already perished, and others from people still in need of help. Some were adrift in space, likely to be forgotten, and some were down on the surface of a small moon.

Either crashed or because they couldn't run any further.

"...where do we begin?"

Shan nodded at the pair of them. He was somewhat proud of the job that he had done with Zaiya...Even if he hadn't actually taught her much. The lesson having been interrupted by a rather rude soldier. But hey. They could continue the lesson another day. If Zaiya was actually able to come to the temple, he might take her to the halls of healing so she could see how Shan did it.

But for now, he had to focus on the situation at hand. All of the chaos that was around them. Take a moment. Breathe. Clear his mind. As much as he'd want to help everyone...Shan knew there was a time limit for how many people they'd be able to get to. Treat the situation like a mass casualty event, because that's practically what it was. Triage. Who were the most likely to survive? Who were the most likely to be in danger the longer they waited...

"...The people on the moon will be the biggest target for when the Dark Empire eventually does show up. But if we take too long rescuing people adrift in their shuttles, they won't be able to last long. Do any of the other shuttles out there seem pilotable? One of us might be able to take it and start ferrying people adrift, back down to the moon for us to pick up here."

It was a bit of an idealistic plan. But at the same time, there was no way Shan was going to just pick one group over the other. This wasn't some kind of trolley problem. If he had been by himself, maybe it would have been.

M977SXg.png

"Divide and conquer might be the best idea here, yeah."

Kahlil nodded his head in slight agreement, glancing specifically to Valery. If they spread out their efforts, it'd be more likely they'd be caught. It wasn't an issue for him of course. Let them know, he'd handle it as he always did. The bigger problem of course was that they'd likely target those they were trying to save. It was a painful handicap, but they'd always accept it.

"I'll head to the surface. Even if we don't ferry them off world right away, it'd be good to get the refugees gathered."

HAIuSyi.png

"Shan should join you," Valery encouraged with a nod of agreement. "You two should take this shuttle because it's big enough for the people down on the moon. Drop me off at one of the derelicts and I'll handle the rest." She wasn't the best at piloting light-freighters, but she was fast and would never buckle under pressure. The moon was also likely to attract more enemy attention, so having two Jedi there would be beneficial.

She was also used to working alone as a Shadow.

"I'll be at the ramp to immediately board the first operational shuttle we find." Valery stood up from the pilot seat and surrendered it to either Kahlil or Shan. They'd need it to get to the moon, and if they flew her to one of the other shuttles, she'd be quicker about picking it up.

Time was of the essence.

Part of Shan was willing to be the one who stayed off the moon, but the more reasonable side of him decided it would be make more sense for him to stick with Kahlil. Both Valery and Kahlil had plenty more piloting experience than what Shan had. That would be for the best. That didn't mean he wasn't going to sit back though, heading over towards the controls as soon as Valery had stood up. He had to do something after all, otherwise he might as well just be dead weight in this situation.

"We'll have to be careful with bunching all of the refugees in one place either way. It'll be like getting fish in a barrel."

He never understood that phrase. But it wasn't important to dwell on. What was important was finding one of the derelict ships that was actually operational. Focus. Sense. Feel the gentle nudges of the Force, and let it direct him towards one of the derelict ships. It would guide him, as long as he trusted in it. Slowly bringing the shuttle in towards one of the derelict ships. No time for him to relax now, which was fine by him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom