Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Deals with Devils

Aaaine

Everything, anything, for science.
Time: 2321 Hours

Giving the Zabrak a task, that also seemed to be something that excited Zenva, at least partially. That was also something that Aaaine would keep in mind moving forward. Little tasks, or big ones, in this case, anything to keep Zenva’s attention so that she could slip in other things that she needed. “Perhaps a ship or station of some sort. I don’t know if you have the facilities to build something like that, but I would be more than happy to help with the planning at a future date.” She responded, nodding along to what the Zabrak was looking for. There had been little to no engineering ever taken by her during her time in college, but maybe she could at least help with the brainstorming process.

The credits that Zenva spoke of, she understood. She expected it, honestly. That would be a portion that her benefactor would have to start negotiating personally with the Blood matron, though Aaaine was in a position to work up to a certain credit amount without oversight. That was, of course, if it within her budget. But for a project like this one, the benefactor would almost certainly want to be a part. And within good reason, Aaaine didn’t disagree.

It was the next sentence that began to worry the Chiss. Of course, it made sense. The harder to get too contacts, or the more groundwork that got put in, the more expensive it would be for Aaaine. This wasn’t something that could be disputed in any way. It was the insinutation behind it, that the thing that would be asked for wouldn’t necessarily be minute credits, that worried her. What more could this zabrak want? She thought that the only things that ran through these criminal type’s bloodstream was liquidifed currency.

Aaaine licked her lips, shifting for a moment in her seat. She could always back out. Leave this place with Alecari and find someone else that could do this for her. But there was something about this Zabrak. Something hypnotic. She absolutely couldn’t trust her, but for now, she was willing to play the little game that had been started the moment that her feet fell into this room.

“Fine. Fair. But I expect clear and concise communication and requirements so that I can inform you if what you request is possible or not.” Leaning back in her chair, she gave a sidelong, sad glance at her empty cup for a moment before returning her attention to Zenva. “How shall we notarize this contract of ours?”

A smile curled Zenva's lips as Aaaine weighed in on the topic of military facilities. A laugh boiled from her when the Chiss questioned her ability to facilitate any need Aaaine, or the organizations she represented, might have. "I assure you, Doctor, I'm more than capable of providing you with all that you desire." She paused, flashing serrated teeth in a grin. "I'll be sure to plan something nice for our future date." She lifted her drink in a mock toast, finished it in single swallow, and set the glass aside.

The Zabrak's attention returned to the datapad, still scrolling slowly with a single crimson digit. She spoke briefly in that harsh language of hers once again. From the side of the room, her Droid chirped out an affirmative and immediately set about making new drinks for the ladies as they spoke. The longer Zenva examined the documents Aaaine had provided, the more confident her smile became. There was very little that her personal collection of companies could not directly manufacture for this so called Collective. If she found something she wasn't able to provide, she would have been surprised, and likely forced to "aquire" a new facility.

As she read, Zenva reclined deeper into her throne like chair, one foot bobbing in the air. The sharp stiletto she wore hung from her toes as she bounced her foot. When Aaaine finally agreed to her conditions of payment she didn't move beyond her eyes darting up to look at the Chiss from under her brow. Zenva was silent for a time, so long in fact, her Droid returned with new drinks for them. She remained there, silent and still, even her foot had stopped moving as the Droid handed Aaaine a new drink.

Only when her Droid held out her new drink did the Zabrak finally react. Taking her drink and a sip, her gaze fixed on her Chiss guest the entire time. Zenva finally straightened, a long, slow exhale escaping her as she looked Aaaine full in face. "I don't see how I have been anything except clear and concise. You seem rather aware of who, and what I am, Aaaine." She turned to look at her Droid, "F-three, begin a new contract for our guest. The standard agreement is fine."

Again the Zabrak paused, sipping her drink before continuing. "In the documents F-three is preparing, you'll find several secured lines of communication to reach me directly. You'll find account details for any transfer of credits that you'll have to make. As well as a frankly vague description of what constitutes a favor to me. You do understand by now that I really don't give a chit about your money, don't you, Doctor?"

Zenva's right hand came up to gesture around them, "I have credits. I could retire yesterday, and live on the best meat and drink in the galaxy for the rest of my days. Only, that would be boring." She took another swallow of her drink, setting it aside without ever taking her eyes away from the blue woman across from her. "I want things, Aaaine, just as you want things. You have me at a disadvantage. You're desires are already in my hand, neatly listed for me to pick and choose from. I don't yet know what desires you can satisfy for me. So for now, you will owe me favors. Access to your research and any practical application of it for example. Introductions to benefactors and important persons belonging to this Laboratory Collective against the Force, or whatever it's name was. Things of this nature are so much more important to me than further lining my pocketbook, Darling."

Aaaine Aaaine

Aaaine

Everything, anything, for science.
Time: 2321 Hours

Deep red eyes bounced from the droid, to the stiletto bouncing on the Zabrak’s foot, to the women that stared absolute daggers in her direction and finally back to the droids that came in hand from the droid. Her gaze eventually settled into Zenva’s keeping and holding that stare while she took her new drink from the droid, bringing it up to her navy blue lips and sipping it silently. The silence that flowed through the room was thick, heavy, as if either of the women were waiting for their dance partner to make the next move.

Upon hearing the woman speak again to the droid, Aaaine’s gaze shifted to watch as the droid brought over a new holotab, one that she assumed contained this standard agreement, whatever something like that meant. “Vague descriptions fill me with very little confidence you will not abuse the terms of our relationship, my searoten'i. She let the chiss filled venom drip from her tongue with the last word, settling back into her chair to begin to read over every detail of the contract. “I understand that my money has very little meaning to you at this point. My point in hitting on that was to show you I was serious about our relationship. Though agreeing to these…favors would also seem to be good enough for you.”

She returned to the datapad, continuing to read down the contract. Aaaine allowed the other woman to speak, at least until she heard what the woman said in regards to her research. The crimson gaze slowly shifted upward, a cocked brow following as the scientist began to speak. “Access to my research..I can agree to. With stipulations.” She placed the datapad on her lap, followed by taking a sip of her drink. “I will grant you access to our database outside of a list of projects that I will create. Those projects you must receive my verbal agreement to access too, either through holo or while I am in the same room. This list can be updated to take off or add additional projects, with a 24 hour window for me to tell you of these updates.” Pausing, she licked her lips to attempt to calm any anger that had flared in her chest at the gall of the Zabrak to just assume she would get access to all of her research. Perhaps that had been something that Aaaine had said, or given off, but she was extremely protective of what she had created.

“If we can..agree on that point, I will sign your contract, and we can spend the rest of the night celebrating or however you wish to commiserate our partnership. I am protective of my research, dear matron. I just want that to be respected and accounted for in our relationship.” Leaning forward, her eyes cast deeply into the gaze of the intimidating woman. Her head tilted to the side, taking a sip from the drink, while she awaited the response from the one she had just tried to stand up to.

The Sapphire and Ruby skinned aliens stared at one another for a time. Behind the glowing deaths head, the Zabrak's sharp features were held in a careful mask. No hint of a smile, no scowl beyond the narrowing of her caustic yellow-red eyes. In silence she studied the Chiss, unconsciously mimicking her movements as they sipped their new drinks.

Behind those corrosive eyes gears turned, and scenarios played themselves out. She needed to be sure of Aaaine, her cause, her sanity. The difference between mad scientist and genius doctor was a small thing, and sometimes easily overlooked. If Aaaine was right, and actually sane while being so, then this was real. A cure for the sickness infecting the galaxy, plaguing the minds of it's people.

Plaguing her mind. The unending noise of the galaxy around her, like the constant droning of running water, or someone's breathe on her neck. Her entire life she had been manipulated and abused by those who could touch the energy of the Force. Ever aware of the ebb and flow of the galaxy around her, yet never able to touch it. If this was real, if Aaaine could find a way to cure someone of this plague, then Zenva needed that medication.

When Aaaine answered she dropped a word in another language, unfamiliar and dripping with toxicity. Oh, such spine, Zenva mused as she looked to her Droid for a translation. The Droid looked back and forth between the two women a few times before turning to the Chiss. "Lady Trea'aain'elis, is there perhaps a more respectful term."

Laughter interrupted the Droid's question, vibrant, and ringing with amusement. Zenva's fingers flicked at the air, dismissing her Droid. "I knew I liked you, Aaaine." Still chuckling, Zenva sipped her drink again before continuing. "You're very sharp. That contract is very much designed to let me abuse it's terms and conditions." She said with a smug smirk curling her lips. "Credits at times are needful, your list of desires is expensive, but I do prefer my methods when appropriate. Don't fret, Doctor, I intend to prove just how seriously I take our relationship."

Aaaine continued after a few moments of reading through the documents F-three had provided for her. She immediately set conditions regarding access to her research. Doing well, in Zenva's opinion, to protect herself with careful wording. Again, that inner fire betrayed the Chiss, anger or something near to it, melting through that cold demeanor. By the end her conviction had her leaning forward, almost daring the Zabrak to argue with her.

Slowly the Zabrak inclined her head, an air of seriousness settling over her for a moment. "Believe me, or don't, but you do have my respect, Doctor. Of course I agree to your terms." Zenva smiled deeply a moment later, serrated teeth gleaming between her full lips. "I anticipated access to these, and perhaps a little more. Instead you're giving me access to nearly your entire database. How very generous of you. You should sign. I already have ideas to help prove my intentions."

Aaaine Aaaine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom