Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Skirmish Eclipse | Jedi vs. Sith

VVVDHjr.png

ECLIPSE
~inhale, in hell there's heaven~

GEAR: In bio
TAG: Efret Farr Efret Farr

qXu9Rp6.png

JEDHA CITY, JEDHA, TERRABE SECTOR, MID RIM TERRITORIES

The Jedi launched another attack, drawing from the Force to pounce and swing her lightsaber. I managed to parry her saber with mine, kyber powered blades hissing against one another in the dim and humid room. The attack cornered me even further on the heavy cabinet, but not before I tapped into the Force, calling back my beloved Dagger, hopefully either slashing her hips, or distracting her enough for me to make a move on its way back.

Either way, I saw an opening and tried to latch my hand on her, leveraging my much longer limbs. If I managed to grab her by the neck of her robe, I spun myself to slam her against the cabinet, swiping the advantageous position right from under her nose, eyeing the artifacts as I can feel it getting closer.

We're in the fourth inning and I am beyond ecstatic to deliver the killshot.

qXu9Rp6.png

Post #9

universe entire with-you
PIdJSJ7.png

She didn't sense it coming this time. One of the sides of the dagger split another stretch of cloth and skin at her hip underneath her layered leather belts. A pained cry came from her underused vocal cords.

Her consciousness gave way to the dagger's will all over again. The Force drained out of her vision and what she could still perceived morphed into an unrecognizable environment. She felt a fear not her own. She felt the queasiness of blood loss but strangely also pride. The voice of the Sith whose eyes she relived this memory through unraveled telepathically through her mind. Full of molten lead—hot and heavy and hateful—it imparted a message she could hear but not understand.

Malva'ikh grabbed her by the neck of her robe. As he spun her around, the momentum also flung her from the dagger's mental control. Her lightsaber, too, deactivated and flew across the room.

The expected slam of flesh into the cabinet did not come. He had certainly pressed her face into it, but no matter how much harder he tried to force her head forward it did not budge.

Tutaminis flowed through her, dissipating all the kinetic energy he had produced.

She rolled over, trying to free herself from his grasp. If she could, she'd duck down before making the Force fling open one of the cabinet doors, hoping to catch him in the side of the face.

wjujCZT.png
"Truly if you wanted a gentleman, the man you had hold your arm was far from what I would consider one,"

The little dig to Makko Vyres Makko Vyres had her temper flaring. Cora quickly brought it back into check with a sharp exhale.

"Gentlemen are never really gentle men, are they?" She clicked her tongue. "I do feel sorry for the poor young lady at your side on Naboo. The one who ran out crying."

Between her father, the royal husband she'd defenestrated, and various interactions with the Ukatian aristocracy, Cora was fast developing a distaste for noblemen.

The heavy stone altar noisily crashed noisily through wooden pews. The sound itself felt sacrilegious in a way.

Then, the Force bent around Malum, condensing into an imperceptible spear of dark-sided energy. The very same technique he'd used to try and drive her from Thule, the very same technique that Darth Carnifex Darth Carnifex had used to carve a new scar across her face.

He spoke of his duel with Valery Noble Valery Noble , of how he'd surpassed his Master - had she? Cora suppressed an unladylike snort at that question, keeping her focus on the darkshear.

Does there exist a modern Jedi who had the potential to surpass Valery Noble?

The spear loosened on her direction, and her light-footed dodge wasn't as narrow as it had been last time.

"No. I suppose I have further to climb than you’ve ever had."

The wreckage behind Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr trembled in place, then shot forward in a hail of wooden splinters and broken beams, angled to keep the bulk of the assault on him and not her.
Dc6pDtW.png

Last edited:
"You Jedi have lip, don't you? Has our eternal war become a joke to you while you rest in times of peace?"- Moonstrider

Sazo snorted, tightening her grip on Talionis. "On the contrary, I take the Sith very seriously. I take Bogan that, roughly every generation for as long as anybody remembers, rise up like a pestilence from the filth and squalor, murdering, reaving, and tormenting everyone in their path, very seriously. I take the death, misery, and destruction they leave in their wake very seriously."

She began to channel the Force through her body, augmenting it, strengthening it. "Because I'm a Jedi. And it's our job to purge your blight from the galaxy, and to send you back into your squalor, where you'll fight amongst yourselves, until one Bogan claws his way to the top, gets delusions of grandeur about rising above his station, and kills billions behind whatever rationale y'all use to be miserable sentients. And you'll lose. And the cycle will repeat."

Sazo took a deep breath, feeling the Force flow through her, strengthening her. She felt her muscles bulge. "As a matter of fact, I take you so seriously, I'm going to be like something very un-Jedi like. I'm not going to sit here and wax philosophical about your nonsense Sith Code, or your nonsense rationale for why you're apparently an unrepentant murderer, and why that's actually okay, or how it makes you strong. I'm not going to appeal to your better angels. No. I'm going to kill you. Right here. Right now. And I'm going to repeat the process for every one of your diseased friends. I'm going to pull you all out, root and stem."

Sazo moved with preternatural speed, strafing to the side, before launching into air like a deadly whirling dervish, her eyes promising no mercy.

Sorren Moonstrider Sorren Moonstrider

Last edited:
Kaleb pressed his attack, his strength not matching Thal’s but his speed picking up. Thal however, pressed onward, forcing the Sith against the wall of the cave.

He then felt the Sith fall beside him, and the deactivation of the blade causing him to fall forward.

But not enough.

He stopped.

Kaleb had engulfed Thal in some kind of hold, a stun. His eyes rapidly shifted, but his body was slow, like he was moving through thick water. He could barely move anywhere.

That made him angry.

So.

Very.

Angry.

And despite the Siths hold on him, he curled his fist. Lightning struck out around him, raw, unfiltered rage. He grit his teeth and turned his head, and more lightning arced over his body. Thal moved at a snails pace, but defied the Siths hold- and his lightsaber flickered with the force lightning emanating from his body.

He began to walk towards the Sith, and lightning started to move closer, less sporadically than around Thal… and moved closer to the Sith.

The hatred between them grew.

The Sith may have undone Thal Mantis- may have finally broken him.

His words, and rationale stirred some darkness in her, unable to find her reason to justify her actions, she was following her master's orders to defend the palace that had been seized. Malum had his reasons and she trusted them, while it was not an ideal time, it would send a message.

She would send a message. The dark apprentice had allowed them the mercy of retaining most parts aside from their hands, so they would not be able to wield weaponry. She had expected for them to stay down, to accept their defeat, but instead, they had taken advantage of her attention now diverted away, some seizing the chance to run. Of course, she would not let them.

Raphael did not take to it well. Stun shots were fired, half a dozen at least. She could feel the electricity in the air as the projectiles accelerated towards her. Falentra knew her old friend well, his aim was on point. Moist aimed above her torso, a simple flick it took for her to deflect, all but one that struck, on her thigh, sending bolts of electricity in the area and conducting through the water within her suit.

She let out a groan through gritted teeth as she knelt on the leg, her muscles tensing reflexively from the electricity. She growled, simmering as she recuperated "They should have accept defeat and stay down. They're only going to get themselves killed otherwise."

She took a deep breath, momentarily closing her eyes as she listened, and calm down, cutting herself off from the cries around. But she heard them. In his head. "I hear them, Raphael. You're running from your potential." That darkness.... all he had told her about. If only she could find a way to trigger it.

Her eyes darkened, in a burst of speed she lunged at him. Her the palm extended open as fingers of her left hand curled to throw a palm heel strike targeted at his solar plexus, right below his sternum. The teen wasn't the strongest by any means, but her previous training under a wookie had garnered her impressive strength for her size and short stature, and but propelled by force speed, it could cause some intense impact if it struck.

Raphael Gallustrade Raphael Gallustrade

Last edited:
As the sun sets over the harsh desert landscape of Jakku, casting long shadows across the dunes, the silence of the wasteland is shattered by the ominous hum of Dark Empire starships descending from the blood-red sky. Soon a battle ensues, lightsaber blades clashing, as the Champions of the Light come to meet the Harbingers of the Dark in combat.

Amidst the chaos and the clashing of light and dark, a lone figure descends from the sky in a sleek, black shuttle. The hatch opens, and with a measured, menacing grace, Darth Apophion emerges. His black cape billows behind him as he steps onto the sandy battlefield, his armor gleaming ominously under the dying light. His eyes, glowing with a fierce, malevolent red, survey the chaos before him with cold amusement. He strides forward, the sands of Jakku whispering beneath his boots, untouched by the pandemonium around him. As he approaches the front lines, his presence alone shifts the air—a dark, powerful aura extending from him, suffusing the ground and sky with palpable dread.

As Darth Apophion advances towards the heart of the battle, his eyes fix on a cluster of Jedi near the Kyber Temple. The ground beneath his boots remains undisturbed by the surrounding chaos, a silent testament to the foreboding aura that emanates from him. His approach is almost ceremonial as if each step is part of an ancient ritual.

Amidst the clashing of lightsabers and the cries of combatants, one Jedi breaks ranks, charging towards Apophion with a determined glare. The Jedi's lightsaber, a vibrant blue, arcs through the air, aiming to strike a decisive blow against the dark lord. However, Apophion's reaction is swift and unforgiving. With a fluid motion, Apophion parries the incoming attack with his Vermillion lightsaber, the clash emitting a harsh screech that pierces the din of battle. He counters with a series of precise, powerful strikes, pushing the Jedi back step by step. The Jedi's defense becomes increasingly desperate, sweat and sand mixing on his brow under the relentless assault.

Apophion's final move is both elegant and brutal. With a quick twist of his wrist, he disarms the Jedi, sending the blue lightsaber spiraling away into the sand. The Jedi stands defenseless, breath ragged, as Apophion raises his lightsaber for the last time. With a swift, clean stroke, he cuts the Jedi down, the fallen warrior collapsing onto the sandy ground, his robe settling around him like a shroud. The Sith Lord stands over his vanquished foe for a moment, his lightsaber still humming with dark energy. His gaze fell upon several other Jedi, a silent invitation to challenge him.

The question of the amulet was put on the back burner, as hot as it blazed against his chest, as all the teasing left his features, as the mask of one who felt absolutely nothing, as one who showed absolutely nothing fell over his face. For one who knew so little, she certainly spoke confidently of so much, as the relic of his Mistress stirred in the back of his mind, seemingly readying for his will to be executed... or some other grand design.

"You are quick to enfeoff judgment upon the only one to render you aid, unsurprising, your entire Order has been all too swift to do that for millenia," Malum scoffed, nonpulsed at how agilely she was able to avoid the spear, he should have taken this more seriously.

A single spear? When she had faced such simple opposition at least twice before?

When he had the capability to skewer her with the fury of porcupine needles.

Why was he fighting with a hand tied behind his back?

When this battle had only but a single way to end.

They both knew that, and she... would certainly kill him if given the chance.

Could he say the same of her?

Without eyes looking away from her, he raised his hand to his rear, feeling the Force swirl about his fingers, as his ring was made aglow.

And then a brilliant flash of crimson, rapidly heating and burning to orange, white, and then a pale blue, a great cacophony of flame and smoke, all that was launched toward him was incinerated without a care in the world, without regard for all that would be destroyed. How he hated it so, that they would fight here.

That she had chosen for their confrontation to be here.

The great flaming inferno was his stage, as he stood, nonchalant, uncaring, yet brimming, simmering, knowing, there was no more time to play games.

"Tell me, Lady von Ascania," Crimson orbs asked azure, "How does it feel," He readied his Sith Sword, the beskar pommel heavy in his hands, its flames spluttering along the blade, extending out to the hissing red plasma, "To always be inferior, subordinate," His eyes blazed awake with emotion, both many, and great, as he felt his feet flash him forward, as he readied a swing, "To a relic of a bygone age," He swung to cut, he swung to tear, miss, blocked, or parried, he'd swing again, he'd stab, unrelenting, he would push her back, a dance much like the one they shared, as he took control, "How does it feel, to feel yet have your own Order tell you to suppress it, how does it feel to go against the natural order, to fear what you are," Every movement carried into the other, almost as if the momentum was accelerating him, "How does it feel, to have your full potential stolen from you."

The amulet burned hotly against his chest.

Yet Malum was too far gone now to heed its call.

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

VVVDHjr.png

ECLIPSE

qXu9Rp6.png

The Dagger once again slashed her flesh open to a myriad of ghoulish nightmares that has haunted my existence ever since it came into my possession. Kaggaths, blood rituals, alchemy experiments gone wrong, and the shadowy advances of the group I eventually learnt to be known as the Sepulchral Priests.

Addicting nightmares those are, enough to make one dive deep into an unrelenting chase of the truth. Almost makes me want to not finish the Jedi's life. Yet that's not my decision to make, but the Force.

And it seems like the Force instantly answers my thoughts. The slam didn't result in the outcome that was intended. The Jedi is strong in the Force and even in a peril managed to save herself from a skull-crushing ending.

That was enough of a surprise to let her escape my grasp, pushing her way away, rolling to find a distance and unleashing the Force at the cabinet doors, which I quickly reacted to, slashing my saber upwards at the door’s hinge, cutting the door off from the cabinet, flying in the air, while my other hand holds the door in the air with the Force, absorbing the kinetic force it was launched at my direction.

Something that could knock her out. So I used the Force to push the flying, metallic door at the Jedi, hoping that it could be the beginning of the end of this battle.

qXu9Rp6.png

Post #10

The Smoke Demons Astrid pentoghast Astrid pentoghast summoned made him back flip away from their blows, as they came rapidly, green lightning erupting from his hands to carefully overwhelm and weaken one.

The blow from the other caught him on the shoulder, sending him flying. It didn't help that they resembled the two people he despised the most, which threw him off his game as he rose, the second blow rushing. In the process of defending himself against the familiar looking constructs, he inadvertently let another memory slip.

The Memory of his own original death.

A stronger burst of green lightning took them both out. Nathan scowled at her, his damaged shoulder useless, and retaliated by a more subtle use of the Force.

He stepped in front of a sharp splinter created by their fight so she wouldn't see it vanish, guarding with his blade, but there was no denying she had done some damage and teleported it, point downward, rushing for the top of her skull.

He then lunged with his blade for her chest...

universe entire with-you
PIdJSJ7.png

The safety of the open room didn’t feel like the sanctuary it had a moment ago. This was only going to end one way, wasn’t it? Apathy flicked across her mind, almost too quickly for her to understand what it meant. For a split second she considered not blocking, allowing this to be over.

But she didn’t yield to the small part of her that wanted that. Relief could come later. It would come later. Maybe on Bogano with Elias Edo Elias Edo . Despite her current circumstances, a single butterfly of warm, hopeful anticipation fluttered in her heart.

Yes, that’d be nice.

She pulled another Force barrier up, as if out of the floor in an arch, albeit a larger one than either time before. The metal door made an awful thud against the curved barrier, cracking the blue metaphysical wall. She had just enough time to roll again as the barrier gave way.

She was getting tired. It had been too thin for the door’s mass and speed.

She squinted at the nephilim, spotting a large planter behind him. Ruins of artifacts were scattered on the floor around the pot and even in the soil, but the vines themselves had been untouched by the onslaught so far. If she could manage to disarm him, she might be able to effectively restrain him long enough to get away. She refused to kill him even if she could—which she wasn't convinced she could.

She closed her eyes shortly, biding the plant to grow taller but not to ensnare yet.

In the next moment, her lightsaber flew to her, she ignited it, and sprung to her feet. This was really a dance and they were back to step one. This time, she gave a series of strikes, intending to ultimately link her hands grasping her hilt with his. If she could, she’d leverage all she could with her body and the Force she could muster to wrench his saber to one side while staying out of its reach.

bbeCkpO.png

vKSkm56.png

"Destroy me, and then what?" She asked, watching the barrier tear under the physical assault. "These are your memories...and this day still haunts you! You're dead set on cutting through anything that doesn't serve you...and your rage may get you to the location you desire, the future...but it won't be the future you truly want."

She took in the sight of the bodies, recalling the day she discovered them. She and Dagon had built out Darkmeld in the wake of the raid on the Jakku Enclave. After its sacking, she struggled with the idea of assembling and teaching students again...this was the opportunity for the formula to change...this cabal would be trained as agents, vigilantes in a sense...less centralized than the overall order, and sent to weed out members of the Brotherhood.

It was the answer to her failure. This cohort was gifted, many troubled, but she thought provided them this purpose and structure would circumvent some of their life's troubles.

Discovering the bodies sent her into deep phase of discouragement; she killed the program entirely.

"My choice is to save you..."

Sinestra Sinestra

Last edited:

wjujCZT.png
The mood shifted, harsh and sudden.

Cora and Malum had been trading verbal blows, but one of her barbs seemed to catch something tender.

"The only one?"

She lofted a brow, but quickly lowered it. There was a storm coming, and she wouldn't temper its fury by listing out how Nwul had been the predominant barrier between herself and a grisly death, how though she'd appreciated Malum’s kindness, he didn't get a gold star for not killing her.

A blinding flash of crimson heated the room, combusting the wooden projectiles and reducing them to ash before they could reach Malum.

Wide as it was, the hall they were in suddenly felt like an oven. Cora grimaced and raised an arm to shield her face from the intense heat, inwardly bemoaning what it would do to her skin if she made it out of here alive.

Wreathed in flame and seeped in silent fury, Malum surged forward with a flurry of strikes. Faster than she'd expected, Cora only had time to narrowly sidestep a slash that would've cleaved her in two. She was nimble, but he put her on the defensive, gradually pushing her back with every stroke of his strangely glowing sword.

"Not everyone was meant to lead." She hissed, grunting through a parry. "Not everyone was meant to…rule."

He was so very unlike the man she'd danced with on Thule, and yet - exactly same, somehow.

They clashed, blue against crimson, Cora squinting from the sting of the heat.

"Do you think I'm inferior, Malum?"

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr

Dc6pDtW.png

Had I hit a nerve? Seemed so. I could only scoff.

The feeling of hatred in the Jedi was strong. It all made sense. My Lord had told me when he took me under his wing, that the Jedi feared more than anyone, and they feared the Sith more than anything. Our mere presence on Jedha had sent them into a frenzy, and though they called it righteousness, every Sith that would die tonight would drive the successful Jedi further to the darkness.

"DO IT THEN!" My voice roared across the rooftop, the challenge barely reaching her before she was upon me. Using the force to reach me that quickly, I was screwed. No sooner was aware of her careening down upon me than I held my blade up in a weak block, but surely her strike would simply knock it aside.

Sazo Vass Sazo Vass

He grimaced at the beginning of her words, time seeming to pause mid-swing as if the accusation had brought time to a standstill, or at the very least his own perception of it. He knew it was not true, many had helped her on her own journey, many he would never meet, many who likely had made such a small contribution to her story, such that she herself may have forgotten.

Yet.

He was the only one who had wanted, needed her to leave Thule.

For her, he had broken all pacts and agreements that he had held of Jedi.

Convert or die.

The Jedi were not his foes, as much as all of galactic history would disagree with him, they were simply their long-lost brothers and sisters, separated by millennia of war by that power which wielded them as puppets and fools. They would be shown the truth, they could witness it, and be left with no other course.

Yet.

If they could not see.

If they ripped out their eyes rather than see reason.

What did it leave him apart from iron in his heart, to do what was necessary, to save his people from being butchered by the blue, green, and purple blades, of those too blind to the truth?

He had broken that rule with Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania , he had broken that rule far before that too, but that was when he was but an apprentice.

What excuse did he have on Thule?

So long since... he still did not have a satisfying answer.

He had not been lying when he had once called her the most Jedi-like of her Order, the one which had... made him believe that there was something of worth within that antiquated structure, she was not aloof, not arrogant, not quick to anger, nor swift to battle. She was so... unlike, all which he had known from their kind.

Was it that?

The amulet still burned hot against his chest... had it burned on Thule? Perhaps in the ballroom, after all, with his parents, and his sisters, assembled in one place, there was no absence of Marr blood.

Yet.

On the balcony.

In the gardens.

Had it burned then?

He...

He could not quite remember.

He simply knew that it burned now.

And it only burned for a singular reason.

A reason he could not countenance, a reason he knew, unlike all other times, like with Mariah of House Marr Mariah of House Marr , like with Lily Rhodes Lily Rhodes , like with Koto Demascón Koto Demascón , like with Carthus of House Marr Carthus of House Marr , and like with Revna Revna it could not be.

House von Ascania was a noble house in its own right.

He would know if there was a degree of relation that would have raised the amulet's attention.

So why did it burn, as he milliseconds passed, as time was beginning to spin once more, and the distance between red and blue eyes narrowed further?

"I did all I could in my position, do you not think I wish I could do more?" Malum hissed, as his blade made a slash, that was deftly if barely dodged, continuing on, placing her on the defensive, a death knell to most, "For reasons I could not fathom, even as I was only recently cleaned from the crime of treason to the empire and to the emperor, there I was, betraying again, for a Jedi." His next swing was parried away, Malum using the momentum to turn and strike back again, never giving her a moment to breathe, to recover, unrelenting, pushing her further and further back, until she had no room to manoeuvre.

"I did all I could in my station, for all I do not know why I did it, I know I wanted to, if only I had more power... if only I had more strength... I could have done more than to simply chase you away, to give you warning, yet still am I weak," The admission only brought up a surge of new energy, as he found himself bursting forth in more vigour, the steel of sword coated in flames locking with the blue plasma of sabre, their orbs meeting through the hues, as he let out a grunt of frustration, she yet still resisted.

As if he had expected any different.

"Not everyone was meant to lead, not everyone was meant to rule, yet I must," He admitted, his grip against the beskar pommel hardening, as he pressed against her guard, feeling the exertion in his muscles, mended by how quick his heart was racing, crimson eyes burning, "For I must see the galaxy freed."

For all of them.

Not simply himself.

For all he had thought of before now.

For Ali Darth Strosius Darth Strosius .

For Trayze Tesar Trayze Tesar .

For Mia Monroe Mia Monroe

For Caecia of House Marr Caecia of House Marr , for Elise of House Marr Elise of House Marr , for Sophia of House Marr Sophia of House Marr , for Julia of House Marr.

For Ansisa Ansisa .

For Elise Ahana-Gwyneira Elise Ahana-Gwyneira .

"You believe you were not meant to lead? You believe you were not meant to rule? More the pity for all the followers that will not have you, pity for Ukatis that you saved, pity for the Jedi which you are the best of. You ask if I think you are inferior, Corazona?" Malum breathed, their locked blades hissing, as any misstep now, would certainly spell doom, "I think that, I think you are a coward too for hiding away from what you were meant to be."

He blinked, to her a blink like any other.

To him a question.

Why had he said all this?

Crowds funneled away as the enemy attacked. Panic was quelled by those few Jedi who used their abilities to blanket the crowd with calm and purpose. The number of Jedi multiplied as the sky grew red. They defended the crowds with laser swords in hand. Blaster bolts flew. Dark side practitioners revealed themselves and combat began. In a moment she was transported back to every battlefield she'd ever fought. She paused for a brief second, but couldn't afford to. A child's scream set her in motion.

Ran protected the pilgrims fervently. She swatted away blaster fire, and shielded the crowd with the force. "I will not allow you to violate this pilgrimage or any other," She shouted at the invaders.

As soon as the area was clear of innocents, Ran leaped from darksider to darksider. She disarmed, distracted, and dispatched any soul unlucky enough to cross her path. She was a green tornado as she crossed sandy alleys and squares. She would not be contained until she'd met an enemy who could contain her.

The Sith Lord stood before her and over a fallen comrade. Ran stared daggers through the man. She sensed the danger of him. As did the other Jedi at her side. One of them attempted to charge him prematurely. Ran stuck her saber out before the young man. "No." She commanded. "You and you," She picked out two of the Jedi. She could smell their inevitable death at the hands of the Sith Lord. "Continue after the crowd. Make sure there are no stragglers." Ran ordered.

The two Jedi glanced back at the villain. They seemed almost scared to look his way. "We will handle him." Ran assured. The two Jedi nodded, gulped the lump in their throats and ran after the crowd. Another two Jedi remained at her side. Master Odo, a well respected member of the order from Sullust, and their former padawan, the Thradian Jedi Knight Imda Hoal.

"Together in concert!" Master Odo announced. They rushed him. Odo and Imda made an attempt to pincer the Sith Lord, they approached from either side of him in an aim to split his attention, and unfocus him. Ran would add more pressure with her saber and the second she saw an opening, she'd go in for an incapacitating strike with her brutish strength and precise blade work.

wjujCZT.png
He wanted to do more?

For the second time, Cora had been caught off guard by Malum's earnestness. He never quite fit the picture of the other Sith she'd fought; the majority had been bloodthirsty, cruel, and violent. That wasn't to say that he couldn't be capable of the very same, but why-

Why did he care at all?

There had been no shared trials, nothing to link them personally that she'd been aware of. They'd first met on the battlefield, both apprentices in the respective disciplines. Now they found themselves here - Jedi Knight and Sith Lord, respectively - locked in a battle that seemed to be more about their sour, confusing feelings than a galactic conflict that was bigger than them both. Which begged the question again; why did either of them care at all?

It seemed that Malum didn't know, either.

Maybe they saw themselves in eachother. Both scions of noble houses, both living under weighty expectations that they were hesitant to embrace fully.

The next clash left her face, grim as it was, bathed in oscillating flickers of blue and crimson. Her eyes lidded, her voice somber, almost gentle.

"You don't need to carry the weight of the galaxy on your shoulders, Malum. Who told you that you needed to?"

She couldn't yet tell if it was arrogance or his version nobelisse oblige. That thought collapsed as he broke her guard, forcing her several, stumbling paces back. A sheared blonde lock floated between them, alight in flame from Malum's Sith sword. It drifted to the ground moments later, a crinkled, blackened husk.

Inferior. A coward.

He'd finally hit a true sore spot - not necessarily the insults to her character, but Ukatis. Her jaw clenched, teeth gritting together behind sealed lips.

"All my life, noblemen have insisted on what I was meant to be."

The Force shifted around Cora as she drew in a heavy breath and steadied herself. A practiced serenity neutralized her features. Ukatis had simultaneously been what drove her forward and what held her back. Like a cruel lover, she couldn't leave. It was an obsession.

Her free hand rose, palm outward, cradling a ray of light. A sunbeam in the dark, tortured atmosphere of the hall.

"What gives you the right, Malum of House Marr?"

A wash of concentrated Light burst towards the noble Sith, unrelenting, seeking to burn away the Dark.

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr
Dc6pDtW.png

VVVDHjr.png

ECLIPSE

qXu9Rp6.png

This fight is truly a clash of Ashla and Bogan. Every barrage the Nephilim had thrown has been thwarted by the Jedi, and every attempt the Jedi has made to slow down the Nephilim has been in vain. Such as the struggle of the Light and the Dark, a never ending dance of polar opposites.

It's almost like the Force doesn't want it to end, and the path has been weaved within the stars. I almost wanted to submerge myself in the will of the Force, let it flow through my veins and go on a blind rampage.

Yet that's not what I'm here for, if there's ever been a reason for my appearance in this holy city. The Force takes me here, the Force affords me of what happens here. No more, no less. It's all written in the stars.

Maybe one day.

So when the Jedi had so closely avoided a direct hit from the door I threw just a few seconds prior, I immediately followed my instinct, welcoming her saber strike with mine. Clashes of quick strikes and powerful parry within the oppressive barrier of walls and low ceiling.

And when she wrenched my saber to one side, my other hand quickly grabbed my Dagger once again, slicing up wildly at her upper abdomen, leaving parts of my body defenseless. An eye for an eye. If she wants to trap me with her Force power, she can. If she wants to escape, she can. Even if she wants to finish the Nephilim, she probably can. But like Ashla and Bogan, one cannot live with the other, thus one would never dare to end the other. How can she?

I've left my marks on her, and she will be back yearning for more.

qXu9Rp6.png

Post #11

Nathan Bloodscrawl Nathan Bloodscrawl

Astrid watched Nathan fight still scanning his mind he had an interesting life from the few memories she had seen from his mind he had died once. And was brought back didn't seem natural in her eyes of course empyrean wasn't natural himself basically a rotting corpse with sentience as she focus shifted back onto the fight. She studied the way nathan fought and defended himself and as he destroyed her two smoke demons she activated the lightsaber in her hand to defend herself as she blocked his Saber she sensed the splinter to late as it pierced her eye causing her to fill with rage as she directed a scream at nathan capable of shattering eardrums and teeth.

Astrid then teleported far away as she forced herself to pull the splinter out and begin healing herself through nightsister magic. Cleaning the wound a similar way as the eye began coming back together.

There it was. She stopped for a moment, her face contorting a bit. He'd gotten to her, and he hadn't meant too. It annoyed him that he had gotten to her, that he'd been able to get under her skin. It was... Had she not solidified her though process? Could she not justify it, even to herself? Raphael took another breath, as he readied himself for anything further. He didn't know quite what it was that she was going to be doing.

Each movement was lost and locked in the dark. There was a strange feeling as the pollution of the world around him began to close in on the Temple. This wasn't just... It was a continuous war of conversion; though, perhaps, that was all war really was. The proving of one's doctrine to be superior. The issue was the sith doctrine. He'd learned it well: conquest, control. The two things that always abandoned those that seemed best at them. It was why one could not "conquer" their darkness. One need to acknowledge it and accept it. Though, he wasn't much of one to talk. He was pretty sure that confronting Adeline would end up being his "trial of spirit".

She finally took a hit, falling to her knees as the stun round conducted through her suit. He sighed, in disappointment at her outburst. What had happened? What had driven her this way?

"Accept defeat and stay down? That's, uh, that's kinda... the whole point of "retreating". You got beat." Then she mentioned them, the screams. He took a breath, forcing them down again. "I'm not running from any pot--"

He felt the impact. She'd hit him, with either her fist or an open palm? He wasn't sure, she'd just used her speed to push herself to the utmost and, as he was hit, he was sent flying back. His weapon went flying from his hand, he'd hit the back wall... He blinked, trying to right himself, while also taking a few breaths getting to his feet and then coughed once.

"I'm not... not running from any potential..."

Falentra Falentra

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom