Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Enchanting, Bewitching and Mystical - A Witch on Coruscant

Companion: Grisial
Outfit: Jedi Attire
Equipment: Lightsaber
Tag: Open

Enchantments were becoming more of an interest to Dreidi as she learned more about Magick.

Imbuing charms and trinkets with her Magick in order to offer simple protection, akin to energy shields and their like. Nothing powerful for now but something Dreidi wanted to harness more. If she could develop the skills to make powerful enchantments then she could offer them to friends and close ones to give protection in the war that was clearly on the horizons. Her mind was deep in concern for those that she was close with and wanting to make sure that she had something she could offer in order to keep them safe.

Grisial was sat watching her as Dreidi was deep in her thoughts. He was being calm and unusually patient, but he could tell that Dreidi needed the time to think and space to attempt these incantations once again.

As she began her incantations, Dreidi felt the connection to her ancestral home, her people as she poured the Magick into the wooden charm that she had whittled. Dreidi focused on enchanting a spell that would offer minor protection from blaster shots.

The energy surrounding her was intense and swirls of green energies moved around Dreidi and slowly poured into the small charm as Dreidi focused intensely.

Last edited:

Gear: Jedi robes , lightsaber, Echo Stone
Opponent: Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic
sEwcZXB.png

Tigris' stay on Coruscant had been extended, much to her chagrin. She missed the quiet and closeness of the Jakku Enclave. But the conflicts erupting had lead to the direction that she remain at the temple on Coruscant, ready to be dispatched if needed. She had already had to defend a local transmission facility from sabateurs.

So, still unacquainted with most of the Jedi in the Temple, and that mostly by her design, Tigris wandered the halls. Her quiet steps eluded much attention, and she explored mostly unhindered. It was on such a walk about that she passed an open door. The soft mutterings of an unfamiliar language catching her attention. They were rhythmic, in patterns, like a poem or chant. Curiosity got the best of her, and with practices stealth, she drew closer to the door.

Within she saw a rather remarkable woman. She worked some mysterious art, green energy whirling around her, whether by Force, or even magic, Tigris could not discern, but the fanged, tattooed woman was clearly imbuing a small item with whatever power she wielded. Neaby, a curious creature observed as well.

Tigris remained silent. Only after the emerald swirls dissipated did she move or speak. "I have never seen anything like that before." The ex-Seyugi assassin's curiosity pushing aside any form of formal greeting or polite interruption.

sEwcZXB.png

Tag: Tigris Tigris

Focused on her incantation, Dreidi sensed the presence of someone nearby but did not acknowledge as she continued to pour her energies into the charm. It was clear that the other person was being stealthy and skilled in that way, but Dreidi had trained herself to be attuned to everything going on around her. It also helped that Grisial provided his sight and thoughts while Dreidi was working.

When she finished the spell, her eyes shifted from a solid white to the intense, sharp gold eyes that were indicative of her race. Dreidi gazed over to the stranger and gave a polite nod of her head in greeting.

"That was not the Force, most of those you will meet in these temples are Jedi so they don't usually have the ability to practice what I was doing." Dreidi stated as she rose to her feet, "I was practising Magick, connecting to my ancestors from Dathomir to assist me in enchanting this charm."

Holding the charm the wooden charm's etched lettering glowed with a dim green glow to show the Magick was within. "I don't believe I have seen you around before. I am Dreidi Xeraic, Jedi Knight. Pleasure to meet you."

sEwcZXB.png

Seeing the greeting as an invitation, Tigris took several steps forward into the room. She stood strait, clad in robes designed to allow the freedom of movement her Seyugi martial arts required. Sleeveless and slit up both sides, the robes exposed slender but muscular arms covered in tattoos, not unlike the woman in the room. Hints of other tattoos were visible on her chest and legs. A simple lightsaber dangled from her sash, made of unfinished metal and a hilt wrapped in leather.

Tigris studied the woman even as she began to explain what she was doing. The mysterious woman was a lovely being that Tigris guessed was about her age, though not knowing the stranger's race, that was only a guess. The girl's tattooed physique was much like Tigris', slender and small but clearly fit and well kept. Tigris couldn't tell exactly the woman's rank among the Jedi, but her guess was she was no padawan.

While most curious about the 'magick' and the mention of Dathomir, Tigris responded to the introduction, which clarified the woman's station. "Tigirs, I'm a padawan at Jakku." Now knowing she was in the presence of a superior, Tigris continued a demeanor of respect, and bowed slightly. Tigris' position was a bit unique, in that among the Seyugi Dervishes of the Clone Wars era, she had been a Force user equal to a knight in power, but of the dark side. She had abandoned the dark side to learn the ways of the light. and was now an apprentice as she learned the Jedi way.

Dathomir was a place familiar to Tigris, if only in relation to the most infamous Nightsisters. The Nightsisters of Dathomir had met near extinction about the same time as the Seyugi. Tigris' cult was destroyed by the Jedi, Dreidri's by Count Dooku and General Greivous. While the Nightsisters managed to rise again, the Seyugi Dervishes did not. Tigris found it very strange that someone from Dathomir was allowed to practice magick as a Jedi, and epsecially in the temple.

Tigris, who's interest in the more mystical aspects of the Force had bloomed since turning to the Light, was most intrigued. "This magick, it's not of the Force?" The dark-haired apprentice inquired, looking at the wooden charm in Dreidi's hand.

sEwcZXB.png

Dreidi smiled and nodded her head, "a pleasure to meet you Tigris. I hope that your visit to Coruscant is informative and enjoyable. I'm sure things here are quite different to the Jakku Enclave." Dreidi hadn't really interacted with the enclaves so didn't have too much reference to how they would be. But Dreidi knew there would be different vibes to how Coruscant was, the temple was very busy and had one of the largest archives around. The knowledge here was irreplaceable. The chances to meet plenty of new Jedi was something to seek out as well, there were plenty of wise Masters as well as fellow Padawans, of a range of ages.

"Well, Magick... It behaves differently to the way that Jedi and Sith use the Force. A Witch of Dathomir can perform Magick to do acts that Force Users can only dream of. Sometimes it is things that are dark, evil acts that brings harm. Other times, it can be amazing, mythical acts that can be shocking." Dreidi commented, thinking about the things she can do and the fact that she needed improve her skills so that she could be one of the Witches that can powerful and mind blowing in the acts that she can do. It was daunting but Dreidi wanted to the best that she could be and currently she was falling short of that standard.

Looking at Tigris, "I like your tattoos. Not common to see other Jedi with a lot of tattoos." Dreidi chuckled, most of her tattoos were Dathomirian in nature and she wanted to get more covered if possible.

sEwcZXB.png

The knight was friendly enough, as Tigris found most Jedi at the temple to be. Knight Dreidri didn't seem offended at the apprentice's curiosity, but encouraged it. While Tigris had an existing skillset and connections to the Force that offered the Jedi a resource for more stealthy endeavors, Tigris's studies of late had leaned towards more mystical pursuits in the Force. Sensing, seeing and such. This is why the reformed darksider found Dreidi's magick so intriguing. Dreidi's colorful description of her magick only drew Tigris closer. The magic of the Dathomir was well-know, and known to be dark. Trigris had never considered that magick could be anything but evil.

At the mention of her own tattoos, Tigris looked down at her bared arms. They were covered in ink, designs and shapes, mostly innocuous, with a few related to the extinct Seyugi cult that most would not know. "Thank you. These I got before I became a Jedi." She replied. In her mid-twenties, it was not a stretch to assume Tigris had a life before becoming a padawan. It was true, though that life existed nearly nine centuries earlier.

Tigris had already admired the knight's tattoos, and now felt it was alright for her to study them more obviously. Her dark eyes moved along each slender, muscled arm of the jedi, and across her chest. The tattoos were of designs that did not seem connected to the Jedi, and some seemed like they were dark. Overall, Tigris found them very interesting and attractive. "Yours are fascinating." Tigris admitted. "They seem to have meaning, or meanings." Tigris commented boldly, as her curiosity about this apparent Jedi Witch grew.
sEwcZXB.png

Nodding her head, "are they something cultural related, personal or just something you liked?" Dreidi asked, curious since there were hundreds of reasons why a person got a tattoo and Dreidi's were ones that came from her culture and the idea of tattoos were always something that Dreidi had wanted when she was a teenager. "My tattoos are connected to the Dathomirian culture, many Nightsisters and witches tend to have tattoos and I wanted to represent my lineage, especially since my appearance leans more into the Zorren half than the Dathomirian." Dreidi explained as she gestured to her pointed ears.

Grisial moved from his position and sat nearby Dreidi, looking over to the Jedi Padawan. "This is Grisial, he is my companion, sometimes I call him my familiar if I want to sound even more witchy than normal." Dreidi giggled slightly as she petted the crystal fox who leaned into her touch, "he can communicate through the Force with other Force Users and demonstrates higher intelligence than other Vulptex. Likely due to the Force Bond that we share." Dreidi informed Tigris, in case the Padawan was curious about her companion.

"How are you finding the Jedi training?" Dreidi asked, curious how someone older starting as a Padawan found it. She had been born into a family of Jedi so was trained from a young age in the Jedi teachings.

sEwcZXB.png

At Dreidi's inquiry, Tigris again looked at her arms idly. "Some are cultural, some are personal. Places I've visited, things that I have seen in those places". Many of her tattoos were forms of badges, commemorating certain rites of passage, such as first assassination and mastery of certain nefarious skills in the Force. Others were designs, flora or fauna from worlds she had worked on, many as an assassin.

The knight witch's unapologetic confession of having Dathmori blood was somewhat of a surprise to Tigris. She took made it a point to conceal the fact that she was part of a dark side cult of assassins. From her experiences, Tigris knew that the Nightsisters were not viewed as lightsiders in any way. She found it encouraging that Dreidi was not ashamed, but embraced her Dathomiri heritage.

The strange vulpine creature drew near to Dreidi. After the witch explained more about Grisial, Tigris realized it was not just a pet. She gave the creature a small nod of her head. Then turned again to Dreidi and her question.

How was it going? Tigris paused, deciding whether this was a polite conversation or one in which she could be honest. Knight Xeriac had been very open about her magic, perhaps Tigris could trust her with some of her own personal life.

"It is quite good, in some ways. Challenging in others. I... I was a Seyugi Dervish, before the Clone Wars." It was a big jump. The Clone Wars were nearly a thousand years in the past, and she wondered if anyone knew what a Seyugi was. But it was out there. "I was frozen in carbonite until a short time ago." Tigris confessed. "So, while I have a strong connection to the Force, and much training in using...the dark side... I have turned from it to learn the ways of the Light. Its hard because I am not like most of the other padawans."

sEwcZXB.png

Nodding her head, "that is nice. It is good to have a mix of connection to the tattoos." Dreidi mentioned as she smiled warmly, thinking about what potential experiences that Tigris could have had with the many tattoos she has decorating her body. Especially with the variety of styles and themes that were decorating the arms.

"Seyugi Dervish? I have not heard of that before, do you mind telling me about it?" Dreidi asked as she was always curious about the many non-Jedi and Sith cultures surrounding the Force. That had been what initially drew her to the Dathomiri ways and it was why she became a witch and why she promotes it. Especially why she worked hard to ensure that she would not allow the framing of the witches of Dathomir being focused on the Nightsisters and some of those working with Sith and causing harm. Dreidi saw Magick differently and saw it as important as her connection to the Force.

Nodding her head, "it is hard but at least you are trying to turn a new leaf. It is brave to step towards the Light when raised in a very different way. I was grown surrounded by Sith, trained along Sith and those who did not believe the Jedi way was correct. It made it difficult to understand the New Jedi Order when I moved here initially. I was much more callous and cold when fighting, believing the ends justified the means and was much harsher. Adapting the Jedi mindset was a struggle so I understand why you might be struggling but keep at it and you will see why this way of life is important."

Dreidi petted Grisial as she looked over to Tigris, "was there anything you wished to learn from me?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom