Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Myra Elspeth Arceneau Myra Elspeth Arceneau

Frozen, he was huddled inside the half-collapsed refinery with Persephone. He was reviewing reports pouring in from a location about five kilometers away with the exciting discovery on agrocite. Agrocite was extremely rare, it could be used as a fuel source or enhancing beamed items ; lights or in some cases, laser weapons. Makai gave the orders to continue the testing and to start mapping out the veins of agrocite, any amount would be worth pulling in and prying out of the ground. Thirty-Seven was with the survey crew and Makai trusted the droid to gather an insane amount of information to relay back to him.

The barren, slushy nature was working in his favor. No one was landing here to stretch their legs and poke around looking for valuable minerals and ores anytime soon.

"Some good news, valuable ore located not to far from here. Once we finish here for Ellie perhaps we can fly over and check it out. With something so rare, even a small deposit or vein is worth checking out or mining. You won't always know if something is rare or worth it...I mean, this isn't your passion, obviously. This is why you trust the experts and droids. A droid programmed like Thirty-Seven will be invaluable in guiding you."

Persie scrunched her face, looking up at Makky. His eyes were moving between the screen and herself, as if checking to see if she was paying attention. She was ; there wasn't much else to do. She doubted the half-Galan would appreciate her pulling out her new comm and taking selfies with the wreckage as if she was in a mini holo shoot.

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Why not? Its important you learn a few things now. You might be interested in working with one of the companies in six or seven years."

"Yeah...but why? I don't even know if I'm staying."

"Oh." A small pause. "Ellie and I already decided you're staying. Remember? I told you...introducing you as my little sister and heiress to Salacia. I've already taken care of the legalities."

"You're sure?"

"We're sure."

Comm buzzed and he paused the conversation and Persephone mulled over his words. It was Ellie, speaking of. Shiver racked through him as the wind changed direction and blew more into the makeshift shelter they had taken. Makai was hoping the next planet was a bit more balmy.

(( Hey - everything is basically destroyed here. Best to scrap and salvage and start from the ground up. Persie is looking fashionable, which is both hilarious and adorable. I think she has more fun with you than me. ))

Last edited:
(( Hey - everything is basically destroyed here. Best to scrap and salvage and start from the ground up. Persie is looking fashionable, which is both hilarious and adorable. I think she has more fun with you than me. ))

Myra's comm buzzed, and the heiress looked down. The corner of her mouth perked, and she chuckled. Lana heard the noise, but she focused on the details of her datapad. There were schematics to draw up. Much like Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell , after reviewing, it had been determined it would be best to salvage what they could and start from the ground up. At least this way, they could build as needed and continue from there.

Thumbs flying over her comm, Myra sent a message back.

{{ Yeah, Lana and I were thinking the same thing. Also trying to determine which world would be best suited for a headquarters location. Have you thought about that yet? Also, not surprised about Persie. She very effectively found ways to encourage me to buy a few outfits for her. All top haute couture too. It made me laugh because I was going to do it anyway. }}

"Let's continue our review. At the very least, we can plan the schematics for the fueling stations and the mining sites. Once the entirely of the world is mapped, it would be easier to see how we can work with Salacia for the salvage portion."

Trudging through slush, Makai and Persephone reboarded the transport, heading off to see the argocite veins and what was going on. Makai wanted to see with his own eyes, to see how far the crews thought the veins ran and just a lay of the land. Landscape had a lot to do with mining, it can be a help or a hindrance.

The ship was warm and Makai sat in the pilots chair while the vessel 'warmed up' as well, knowing the engines didn't need to warm, it was just an excuse to thaw out a little.

"Makky?"

"Yes?"

"Can I go make caf before our next stop?"

Makai wasn't sure the protocol of a near thirteen year old having caf. Didn't it stunt their growth? To be fair, Persie's growth was already fairly stunted from malnutrition, reminding him a bit of Ellie. Then again, he and Ellie would sneak off for caf around this age, and he turned out just fine. Must be one of those old housewife tales. Or the fact parents didn't want kids bouncing off the walls.

"Sure, go ahead. Put me one in a travel container too."

The girl bounced off, leaving little slush prints all over the decking as she ran off to the galley. Makai took the time to respond to the comm message that had buzzed, before their next slush-stop.

{{ Yeah, Lana and I were thinking the same thing. Also trying to determine which world would be best suited for a headquarters location. Have you thought about that yet? Also, not surprised about Persie. She very effectively found ways to encourage me to buy a few outfits for her. All top haute couture too. It made me laugh because I was going to do it anyway. }}

(( Erilnar is what I was thinking so far. Used to the the old capital here.Tons of lakes, they used to get around on monorails. Its on the Cadma Conduit hyperlane, that connects to super-hyperlane Triellus Trade Route, so moving people and resources should make it a quick attraction. ))

A small laugh at the next part, of course Ellie was already going to buy them for her.

(( Haute couture, she's taking after you. I hope you used my credcard. If you didn't, use my credcard, its only a matter of time before she sees something else and loops you in to buy it. No objections, glad to see shes enjoying herself and getting more comfortable with the both of us. She's definitely concerned we're going to be sending her away still. ))

(( Also, we drank caf at her age, didn't we? I feel like we did.))

(( Erilnar is what I was thinking so far. Used to the the old capital here.Tons of lakes, they used to get around on monorails. Its on the Cadma Conduit hyperlane, that connects to super-hyperlane Triellus Trade Route, so moving people and resources should make it a quick attraction. ))

Erilnar. Hmm, Myra mused. That was a good idea. If they could reconstruct the monorails and perhaps even get a small center going, an increase in traffic and the like would invite other companies and refugees to return.

{{ Erilnar is a great idea. Do you think we should try to reconstruct the monorail system? Might be a good way to have Laravan Corp move from the speeder industry towards transportation. }}}

Lara led Myra inside the temporary facility. Thankfully, it was warmer here. This was a temporary set-up while plans for a more permanent location for the mining and refineries were identified.

(( Haute couture, she's taking after you. I hope you used my credcard. If you didn't, use my credcard, its only a matter of time before she sees something else and loops you in to buy it. No objections, glad to see shes enjoying herself and getting more comfortable with the both of us. She's definitely concerned we're going to be sending her away still. ))

(( Also, we drank caf at her age, didn't we? I feel like we did.))

Myra gave another laugh again, the doors sliding shut behind her. As Lara led her into a conference room, Myra quickly typed back to Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell .

{{ What does it matter whose credcard was used? I can afford it. Not that it matters once we are married. As for the caf, haha, yes, only it was more like a latte than actual caf. I think my daddy added some chocolate and a little bit of caf to steamed milk just to sate my desire to feel as if I was part of the cool caf crowd. Though I think Judah just let you drink whatever. }}

{{ Erilnar is a great idea. Do you think we should try to reconstruct the monorail system? Might be a good way to have Laravan Corp move from the speeder industry towards transportation. }}}

(( Reconstructing the monorail system sounds like a great idea. We can go ahead and build a central hub and some lines of the monorail system out. Credits can continue to flow in once the planet expands, companies can pay Laravan to push the monorail to their locations. ))

Makai looked at the next message and rolled his eyes slightly. It mattered to him ; Persie would bleed all of Ellie's discretionary budget for the month dry if she could. Neither himself or Ellie were too big or flashy spenders, Makai was certain most of his non-essential budget had gone to hotel rooms, dinners, and getaways since they had been together. However, there was a need for Persie to get up to speed and fit in with the family. If high-end core fashions helped, then it helped.

(( No it doesn't matter. I would have bought it for her too. Also, I know we said not to spoil our kids but if its this hard with Persie I can't imagine telling Ellie Junior no. ))

He chuckled at that. The half-Galan had expressed his desire for all girls at one point, frustrated at all of these third sons like Casteel and Hugo having some chip on his shoulder. However, if such was to come to fruition, he was going to need another company just to be able to afford the lastest in High Core fashion. That wasn't even including the makeup. Lucky for them, Persie had only discovered nailpolish and lipstick thus far.

(( Yeah, Judah Dashiell wasn't big on regulating the caf. Single father running haggard, guess it didn't matter at that point. So if Persie is bouncing off the walls tonight, you'll have me to blame. ))

Putting the comm away, he started the small jaunt over the the agrocite find.

Lana pulled out a chair for the heiress, and Myra offered her thanks with a nod.

"I'll fetch something warm to drink. How about honeyed lemon tea?" Lana suggested, busying herself with setting up the holo array for a schematic upload.

"Yes, please," Myra replied with a nod, her attention returning to her comm with a small chuckle. Lana turned on the holo array and then pulled up the schematics. Once she was done, she left to grab the tea.

{{ We are not spoiling any children, Makai! Besides, getting a few sets of pretty clothing isn't spoiling. Just good taste. Also, I'm sure Persie will be fine. Just distract her with the latest fashion show holo-channel.}}

A pause came, and Myra mused over her latest holomessage with Judah. After a few more seconds, Myra added.

{{ Got a message from your pa. He said he would be leaving the nunnery to potentially go somewhere else. He said he was still working on figuring things out but not to worry; he would be back in time for the wedding. He even was glad that we were still going forward with the wedding! }}

Vessel was brought down, a small flight over to view the veins. Makai wanted to see how great the find was ; and potential mining start dates. Vessels could be brought in to orbit in the atmosphere until something permanent could be set up, if they wanted a permanent set up that was. Credits and amount of ores and minerals here would dictate such a thing. They had only begun to scratch the surface and making decisions without all the facts was unwise.

Comm buzzed in his pocket and he finished settling the vessel in before looking at the messages. A small chuckle at the mention of not spoiling any children. From his angle a 'few sets of good clothing' for Persephone would easily turn into a weekly ask. The girl was smart and once she figured something out she was dangerous. However, he was equally willing to indulge the now young heiress.

(( She's going to need a closet bigger than our bedroom at this point. ))

A dream for Persie without question.

The next message made him grimace, happy Ellie chose to relay the news in text form rather than face to face. His fiancee would immediately know something was wrong and begin questioning his reaction. He still hadn't gotten over the argument back on the Farm, the entire series of events had just stung and it was going to take some time to get over.

Reading the message again, the half-Galan shook his head. I don't believe a word of what he wrote. It seemed Ellie did though. She tended to have better footing with his father lately than himself though.

(( Go somewhere other than the Nunnery? Odd. Every man has his own journey though. Nice to know he's going to make it to the wedding and he's...excited? Pleased? Come to terms with it? Accepting the inevitable? I'm sure we will both know more in the coming weeks. ))

"Makky, here's your caf."

Persie pulled him from falling too far into that pit of wondering about his father. He accepted the drink, taking a sip, surprised. It was overly sweet, like any teenage girl would make caf. Makai loved his on the sweet side but this was going to give him a cavity. Instead he smiled and took another sip as he stood.

"Tastes great, thank you. Ready to hit the slush again?"

"Nothing I would rather do then stare at boring rocks. "
Sarcasm dripped from every word as she followed him back out into the cold.

While Myra awaited Makai's response, the heiress took the time to overview the schematics for the mining facilities. As the ore that they would be mining was extremely hazardous, they would need to think of redundant safety measures to ensure not only the safety of the miners, but also of the facility itself. An icy world like this one meant that even though it received plenty of light, energy would need to be utilized to heat the facilities and the mining locations itself.

The goal was to be self-sustainable without having to utilize materials that would damage the environment. They could utilize solarium glasteel globes to try and capture as much solar energy they need, but perhaps there was an option for geothermal energy?

With that thought in place, the heiress brought her datatablet up and began a message to Cseis Fa, the Chiss overseer for the green energy division of Mara Tibx. Perhaps he will have some ideas. At the very least, a geothermal scan for any activity that could provide an additional source of energy would be good to have.

Her comm buzzed once more, and Myra picked it up. While Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell did his best to keep his tone neutral, Myra could read between the lines, especially after recalling how stressed and affected he'd been by how Judah had taken the news of their engagement. It had really hurt him.

The sarcasm was strong.

{{ Just have to take it a day at a time. He went through a lot Makai, and I'm sure he's trying to figure things out. It took us six years, we can give him the grace of a few months. }}

Standing in the slush, iced blue eyes took in the landscape. Same barren wasteland it was where they had just left. Landscape wasn't going to be an issue, it was going to be the weather. Idly, he wondered how the droids and equipment would hold up under such conditions. Immediately he saw concerns with maintenance and equipment going down sooner than its typical life cycle.

"So, Persie, when considering these sites, its important to take in things holistically. Landscape, cost versus benefits, equipment concerns, labor concerns...I know it seems boring now but these are decisions that might circle back and hang on your shoulders. Even if you don't apply this to mining, think of this as lessons for the future regardless."

"So's, if I had a fashion line....you mean to tell me I'd have the same problem?"

"Most likely so. Labor is always a concern. Cost and company benefits. Distribution. How stores are displaying your fashions...much of what I have to teach you can be applied to what you'd like to do or have an idea to do. Listen closely, you're smart but in business someone is trying to always screw the other guy over. I personally have the approach of everyone wants to make credits....others don't always feel the same."

"So's you gotta screw them before they screw you?"

Makai chuckled.

"In simplistic terms...sometimes? More like establishing a firm line in the sand,so to speak."

Comm buzzed and he tilted his watch to read the message. Another sigh. The half-Galan was editing himself frequently around the subject. There was no need to express his feelings on the issue ; his words would be for his father alone upon reuniting. There was a great skepticism that his father had changed his mind so quickly about the marriage. Time would tell.

(( Of course, I haven't said anything to the contrary. He's more than welcome to take all the time needed. ))

(( Of course, I haven't said anything to the contrary. He's more than welcome to take all the time needed. ))

"Hmm..." reading Makai's message made Myra muse if she was reading too much into what he wrote. He might have indicated that Judah is more than welcomed to take all the time he needs to get to a better state of mind, but Myra knew how much Makai had been hurt regarding the entire matter.

{{ Okay. I also told him that Persie will be staying with us and that we are trying to get her situated in a more stable enviroment. He thought it would be strange for a newly married couple to take care of a teenager, but I said we can discuss it futher once he's feeling more settled. }}

With a sigh, Myra set down her comm and went back to the schematics. Geothermal energy would help with energy consumption, especially on days where the Solarium Glasteel would not be able to pick up as much light for charges with these snow storms. Then there was the extreme weather wear on gear, the buildings, droids, and the staff themselves.

Hazard pay would likely have to be put into the consideration. As large as Arceneau Trade was with Mara Tibx as its mining and refining arm, they could pay better than others, but even then, they had to leverage other benefits such as medical, dental, and fringe benefits such as fueling and bulk store discounts.

"Hmm... maybe we should open larger bulk warehouses where people can by items in bulk...." what to call it though?

"ATCo, ATCClube?" food for thought.

{{ Okay. I also told him that Persie will be staying with us and that we are trying to get her situated in a more stable enviroment. He thought it would be strange for a newly married couple to take care of a teenager, but I said we can discuss it futher once he's feeling more settled. }}

(( To be fair, it is strange for newlyweds to be tossed into taking care of a teenage girl. However, it is us and we're a bit of an unusual case to begin with. I'm not concerned with having to take care of her. She's older. Not like we're getting tossed into taking care of a young baby. We can talk about it with him but she's making great progress. ))

Comm put back away, Makai and Persie starting slushing towards where several technicians were already mapping the veins. Datapad was handed off to Makai and he took it, looking at what was starting to stream in. Persie was looking over his arm and the half-Galan angled the datapad so the teenager could see it as well.

"We've mapped about seventy percent of the veins as you can see. Looking at roughly four to five years worth of material, plus there's a suggestion of priorite as well. Unknown now but we will continue to map and test. I will call in for an orbital scan, we will know more soon enough. Maybe within the next two weeks."

"I concur. Let's get with the mining manager in this sector and start planning for a mine to open within the next month and half. I think we can turn around quickly."

"Understood Sir."

(( Where are you at? Doing anything fun? We're wrapping up here.))

Myra took a few minutes to write down her thoughts regarding a geothermal survey and a new idea for a bulk warehouse trade port for folk to buy in bulk and have some savings in doing so.

Her comm gave another buzz, prompting her to set down her stylus. Another half smile grew over her lips as she read the message.

(( To be fair, it is strange for newlyweds to be tossed into taking care of a teenage girl. However, it is us and we're a bit of an unusual case to begin with. I'm not concerned with having to take care of her. She's older. Not like we're getting tossed into taking care of a young baby. We can talk about it with him but she's making great progress. ))

With deft fingers, she sent back another reply.

{{ Yeah, well, not like we are not used to having to live around a teenager and a preteen. I think we did enough practice sneaking around as kids to be able to avoid teenager detection. }}

Lana returned to let her know everything was ready. "Good," the heiress replied. A few more hours and the rest of the world would be surveyed. All they had to do now was just wait for those results on the remaining refining facilities, research slicing into the databank, and what else they would have to work with.

Another buzz and Myra peered down.

(( Where are you at? Doing anything fun? We're wrapping up here.))

{{ Ready to go actually. Want to head home and make dinner or go out to eat? }}

Out in the slush, Makai assisted the survey crew in signing off and stamping approval for work to begin on the mines immediately. Their timing would be coordinated with the arrival of salvage and construction and crews.

Tearing down the old gas refineries and collection points and putting up new. Makai placed orders to ensure some pieces would be brought in prefabricated to reduce time spent in the cold.

It was going to be difficult to keep miners and workers in the area long term. He had a team reaching out to refugees, putting out the word of rebuilding and potential training for those displaced and wanting to return. It was easier for all companies involved. Currently Salacia and Aina were spending a small fortune housing everyone needed to work in the area.

Signature on the datapad, comm buzzed again.

{{ Yeah, well, not like we are not used to having to live around a teenager and a preteen. I think we did enough practice sneaking around as kids to be able to avoid teenager detection. }}

(( I told your Ma about our sneaking around recently. Don't think her and Dad are appreciative of all our time sneaking around when we were Persie's age. ))

"You ready to go home Persie?"

An odd thing to say. Since getting back together, he and Ellie had lived largely apart and on the run with work. Now they were home together nearly every night, there had been a few days where they had to travel to other regions. It was definitely spoiling him, after the wedding he was certain they would go back to being separate more often.

"Yeah, I wanna see if my smiley face boots arrived. Suppose'ta come today."

Of course Persie would be concerned about her latest fashion haul. There was something arriving to the penthouse at least once a week.

"Come on then."

Comm was back in hand as he walked.

(( I can cook, I don't mind. Maybe a pasta dish? Gives me a chance to show the girls a few things, we can catch Danger up as I cook.))

(( I told your Ma about our sneaking around recently. Don't think her and Dad are appreciative of all our time sneaking around when we were Persie's age. ))

Wrapping things up, Myra gave an internal groan reading Makai’s message.

{{ Why would you do that? She now probably told your pa too. Anyways I’m always happy to eat whatever you are making. Maybe Persie or Rue start to enjoy it too. I know mama’s been busy with what is going on with the war in the Core Worlds but I’m sure she’ll have time to join us for dinner.}}

Lana returned. An update from El-Three. More than fifty percent of the survey is done.

“Have a crew do an orbital survey of any geothermal activity. I’d like to know if that’s a venue we can pursue for energy.”

{{ okay. Finishing up. See you home shortly. }}

{{ Why would you do that? She now probably told your pa too. Anyways I’m always happy to eat whatever you are making. Maybe Persie or Rue start to enjoy it too. I know mama’s been busy with what is going on with the war in the Core Worlds but I’m sure she’ll have time to join us for dinner.}}

(( What is she going to do us Ellie? Ground us? We're adults. They will just have to live with the fact we didn't get caught and frankly, outsmarted them. Now, just hoping Persie doesn't do that to us, although its going to be a little more difficult on a space station. See you soon. ))

Chuckling, he boarded the vessel back to Huila Station. In his opinion, he had spent too much time on the slushy planet today. There was still work to be done but it wasn't nothing he couldn't do sitting on the couch this evening ; various approvals for orders to get the ball rolling on getting the extraction equipment and mines dug and open. An important first foothold.

Not too long later, Makai had literally rolled up his sleeve for another project : dinner.

Rue was up on a small step-stool, wielding a knife. In front of her was a salted,cured meat that he was helping her get started cutting into cubes. Should a small child have such a knife? He didn't see much of an issue so long as her fingers stayed out of the way. He leaned over her, guiding for the first few cuts before stepping away.

"Okay, don't cut your fingers off.I'll never hear the end of it. The entire thing in little cubes."

Whisking together eggs and a fancy hard cheese, Persie seemed offended he had used so much of the product already. It meant she was going to have to grate more at the end of the kitchen island. Not a glamorous task ; why couldn't she just stand around with a wisk?

"Thinking of traveling out to Oseon soon. Spacers are reporting some violent mynocks though, apparently they decided to nest along that trade route. Not sure if I know of any pest removal out this far.... Going to have to think of something though, I'd like to restore the mining hub out that way."

"I can contact the Beast Hunter Guild, they may have someone this far out here that may be willing to take on the job," Myra replied, moving with a yawn over to plant Makai a kiss on his scruffy cheek. End of the day and a little bit of scruff darkened the line of his swarthy jaw. She let her fingers run through his hair in a loving cafune, before turning amused gray eyes over towards Persie.

"So, how did you enjoy your time out looking over the mining sites?" Myra asked, moving to see what she could help with. She wasn't the cook in the family, but she could set plates and the flatware.

"Cold, and Makky told me that I have to screw over people before they screw me." the teen said, a scowl on her face as she went on to grate more cheese under protest. The only good thing was that her smiley boots did arrive as expected -- and shown - as she wore them precisely right now.

The look that went panning over towards Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell was telling. "Oh did he?"

Sometimes, Makai wasn't as oblivious as others made him out to be. This was one of those times. He could easily tell his significant other wasn't exactly pleased with his business talk with Persephone earlier. He always knew a bit of charm could make the situation smooth over...hopefully. Besides, he didn't quite say the words to Persie in such a context. However, he was also smart enough to realize not to argue schematics.

Boyish grin was thrown in the direction of Ellie.

"Not quite, I was telling Persie more to have a firm line in the sand when it comes to business, not to screw people over."

"Makky." Rue had picked up Persie's nickname for him. "What's screw people over?"

Makai rubbed the back of his neck, struggling how to put the terms together for Rue. Much younger and much,much more innocent than Persephone.

"Uhh....think of it as making the first move before the other guy does in order to get an advantage. Don't uh...don't use that phrase around your Ma okay? Its a little crude.Save it for when you're older, then you can say it all you want."

"How older?"

"Fifteen, after that go nuts."

Noticing the meat had been cut, Makai helped Rue off the step stool and moved it to the stove. The little redhead wanted to help and Makai was going to let her help. Pasta was already boiling off on the one corner and Rue was more than smart enough not to touch anything hot. She wasn't that young. Makai dumped the diced meat into the skillet and handed Rue a wooden spoon.

Makai went back to a safer topic.

"Beast Guild? Contact them for me if you don't mind. Credits won't be an issue, we just need the spacelane clear or its going to clog up business for all of us."

"Uh huh," Myra gave Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell a level look, her eyes narrowed down as if saying, uh huh, I know what you are trying to do. Of course, by then, Rue had asked what screwing someone over meant. The snort chuckle that came afterward as Makai did his best to explain what that meant to Rue had to be muffled.

Either way, the pasta was done, and Makai assisted Rue with cooking the meat on the pan. Myra moved to set the table, calling over her shoulder, "Alright I'll get that done."

While Makai helped Rue, Myra cast a glance over in his direction. His little boy smiles that he'd shined on her managed to stoke her own secretive slow smile. It's funny how they were now able to have little conversations just by each other's expressions or the look in their eyes.

"How far of a spread on the hyperspace lanes are you looking that you'll need to be cleared out?"

Another knowing grin before she turned her back to set the table. Makai knew well he was pushing his luck but in front of the girls and they both couldn't trade the barbs they really wanted to. All in good, teasing fun. Perhaps later they'd pick up where they were having to leave off.

"I need the Cadma Conduit and Falko Run cleared. Not sure how deep or far the mynock nesting sites go but it can't hurt to check out both trade runs at this point. Just in case, last I need is mining ships stopping short in the lanes, causing problem after problems. This region has enough problems without towing ships out."

He was at a critical juncture mixing egg yolk, pasta water, and grease from the meat together to form a sauce. Odd, but delicious. The half-Galan was just focused on not turning their sauce for the pasta into scrambled eggs. It was more or less about timing and keeping the whisk moving.

"Oh, and the asteroids too. I plan in mining those and prefer not to have any critters or predators milling about attacking us. Not how I plan on dying, mynock accident. Appreciate you helping out. Anything I can do on the Arceneau front? Any warehouses full of toilet paper I need to visit to ensure things are running smoothly?"

A joke from his childhood and Danger mentioning the goods Arceneau Trade moved. Toilet paper had made his younger self giggle at the time and in true immature humor, stuck in his mind.

Myra Elspeth Arceneau Myra Elspeth Arceneau

"Toilet paper? Why do you have warehouses full of toilet paper?" Persie commented as if the thought was silly. Rue, of course, being younger and since the topic revolved around refreshers and sonics, began a silly giggle. Myra however, took it all in stride, coming over towards the pair as Makai focused on making sure the carbonara sauce didn't separate.

"Well, reckon you need toilet paper whenever you go to the sonic, right Persie?" Myra asked, leaning against the counter. She managed to steal a cooked sliver of pasta for herself, catching Makai's watchful oceanic gaze and that little boy grin again.

Oh he was sooo doing that on purpose. With the way his dress sleeves were rolled back, revealing the handsome contrast of his tan against the white. Those long, blunt-tipped fingers whisking the bowl of sauce and - -

"What does me havin' to take a shit and using toilet paper matter in this?" Ah, Persie, ever so eloquent. It was good she felt comfortable around Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell and Myra, but still, the language...

"Well, if you need to use toilet paper to clean your tush, reckon there are other species who also need to. Which means...." Myra let her grey gaze look over at Persie to see if she would figure it out.

"Means if everyone needs to shit, they also need to wipe... so... guaranteed sales?" the girl was trying to leverage what she learned from Makai regarding supply and demand.

"Bingo!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom