Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Eye of the Tiger

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

The Jedi Temple
Beholding the Eye of Valery Noble

TddmRqj.png
-

Zaiya nervously fidgeted with her thumbs, her fingers twisting and intertwining in a repetitive pattern. The usual luminescence of her skin was absent, replaced by a worried silver hue. The patterns on her face quivered between shades of dove grey flecked with yellow, betraying her anxiety.

Had she been too confident in thinking she could handle this on her own? In hindsight, she realized she was usually accompanied by someone -- either Aris Noble, Braze, or Loomi -- or they would meet her. When she ventured out alone at the temple, she always wore the cute training robes Aris and Braze helped her select, hoping they would help her blend in with the other padawans. Despite her eccentric touches -- like jewelry, bangles, and tiered earrings -- and her tendency to shift colors and glow, she figured there were plenty of other Force-sensitive individuals with unique traits.

Unfortunately, it seemed her ruse was up.

A statuesque woman with flowing brunette locks up in a pony tail and a lithe, muscular frame strode confidently into view, commanding Zaiya's attention. Yet, it wasn't her imposing stature that caught Zaiya's eye, but rather the fiery orange hue of her gaze. One of her eyes was obscured by a prominent scar that trailed down the side of her face. Curiosity and intrigue sparked over Zaiya's patterns, dancing a vibrant orange color in an iridescent shimmer, meeting Valery's gaze despite her color-shifting vacillating between soft greys and pale yellows in abashed worry.

The color of her eyes was very pretty, reminiscent of someone Zaiya couldn't quite place. Before the Lovalla teenager could ponder further, Valery Noble Valery Noble , with an air of authority, posed a question.

"Who do we have here?"

"Um, hi there, I'm Zaiya Ceti," she introduced herself, uncertainty lacing her words. In a nervous gesture, she dipped her knees slightly, almost like a clumsy curtsy, her cheeks flushing as her colorful patterns shifted to a bright coral hue.

"It's nice to meet you," she added, a nervous smile playing on her lips as she fidgeted with her thumbs, the telltale sign of her unease. Maybe I should comm Aris Noble Aris Noble or Braze Braze ?

That was the biggest tell. That Zaiya had absolutely no clue whatsoever who stood before her. Everyone within the New Jedi Order knew who Valery was, the Grandmaster of the New Jedi Order, wife to the Shield, mother to Aris, Colette Colette , Vera Noble Vera Noble , the triplets, and their newest addition, baby Eryx.

The young, glowing, anxious teenager's lack of recognition would only mean one thing: she was not part of the Order and certainly didn't belong in here unaccompanied.

━━━━━━ ≪❈≫ ━━━━━━

Gear | Robe and cool jewelry | BCA - Solid State Hologram Tool Band | Aris's Aural Dampener to give to him | Holocomm​
qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Last edited:

HAIuSyi.png

Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring

When Zaiya spoke, Valery perked a brow and quietly looked at the young girl. She was no Padawan here. The New Jedi Order was too big for her to know every face, but Valery made a conscious effort to recognize most Jedi, and she hadn't seen Zaiya before. To add to it, her entire presence showed a nervousness in the Force that went beyond just running into a Jedi Knight or Master.

She knew she was caught where she shouldn't be.

Given the situation with the Dark Empire, security in the Temple had been increased for a veey good reason, and every breach was taken extremely seriously. But as Valery looked down at the young girl and felt the innocent nature of her heart, she finally offered a smile, "It's nice to meet you too, Zaiya. I'm Jedi Master Valery Noble. The guards likely told you already but you shouldn't be here." Perhaps it would have been different if the times hadn't been so intense, but she could not take any risks.

One mistake and the Jedi could lose everything.

"The Temple is very closely monitored because of the new threat in the core. So we can't just let people we don't know walk in." Valery did her best to offer a comforting smile and dipped her head to the guards. They knew what she meant, and left to give Valery a moment alone with Zaiya.

"That said, I can feel you don't have bad intentions. So, why are you here?"

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

The Jedi Temple
Beholding the Eye of Valery Noble

TddmRqj.png
-

The anxious ripple of soft, iridescent greys, yellows, and contemplative ambers would dance over Zaiya's patters at Valery Noble Valery Noble 's query. She could say that she came to visit her friends Braze Braze , Loomi Loomi , and Aris Noble Aris Noble . Or that she had heard that Shan Pavond Shan Pavond 's knighting ceremony would take place, so she wanted to see how that would go. She could even say that Colette Colette had said she would train her at the gym to get stronger. However, if she did, would her friends get in trouble? She didn't want them to get in trouble.

Biting her lip, Zaiya pondered how to answer, each second that ticked passed dampening her hues in growing anxiety. Until finally, she said, "I came to see what a knighting ceremony was all about." which was the case.

"I was told to learn more about what it was to be a Jedi of the Order, so I was curious about what that entailed when one became a knight." this was the truth; Aris had told her to come and learn all about the Jedi to see if she wanted to join. She did now and was trying to convince her guardian, Dr. Isak, but the Cerean still had doubts. He wanted to come personally to ask questions regarding the matter.

Wait, Noble. Valery Noble?

A sudden frown and a vibrant shimmer of curious bright orange hues rippled over Zaiya's face, "Wait, Noble? Are you related to Aris and Vera?"

━━━━━━ ≪❈≫ ━━━━━━

Gear | Robe and cool jewelry | BCA - Solid State Hologram Tool Band | Aris's Aural Dampener to give to him | Holocomm​
qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

HAIuSyi.png

She wanted to see a Knighting Ceremony?

Valery pursed her lips in thought and watched the girl curiously. She could feel that Zaiya was telling the truth, but the fact she was aware of there being a knighting ceremony, suggested she knew people inside the Temple. These ceremonies were not made public and it was unlikely she had strolled into the Temple on the right day by pure coincidence.

So how did she know? Who told her?

"Wait, Noble? Are you related to Aris and Vera?"

Valery blinked and knew she had her answer, "Oh yes," she said with a chuckle. "I'm their Mother. Did they invite you to come see the Knighting ceremony?" She wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Her kids, just like any other Padawan, would want to bring friends to learn more about the Jedi. Especially if they had the ability to become one as well.

They likely just wanted to help her.

"It's very unusual for someone outside the Order to be here, let alone attend a ceremony. But if you want to learn about the Jedi and your friends are in there, I'll go with you." That way, the guards wouldn't try to stop her, and Valery could keep an eye out, just in case.

"Then we talk more after the ceremony, alright?"

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

"Wait, you're their mother?" Zaiya's surprise was palpable, her golden skin momentarily paling to a silver hue. Her bioluminescent spots and patterns flickered with alarm, and her blue eyes widened in disbelief.

Of all the luck... oh, blast!

"Oh, oh! Umm, nice to meet you... again. Aris talks a lot about his family, so it's great to meet his mom... please don't be mad at him or Vera; he's only been helping me figure out where I want to go to learn more about the Force." Zaiya pleaded, biting her lower lip in worry even though Valery Noble Valery Noble had already offered to go with her to Shan Pavond Shan Pavond 's knighting celebration. Her hands began to wring again, concerned that perhaps she might have gotten her friends in trouble with their mother for her being here without approval.

"He hasn't taken me anywhere that wasn't allowed," She lifted her hand as if to say Andorian Ranger scout's honor.

I think...

"And he's been super helpful in answering my questions. Well, the questions he could answer, there were some he wasn't able to, and Shan didn't know either," Now she was babbling in her nervousness. If Aris was here, he’d either flick her forehead gently again or nudge her to calm down. Of all the first impressions of Aris's and Vera's mom, she hadn't wanted it to get caught at the temple without proper approval.

What if she won't let me come visit Aris at Niv Hani?!

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Last edited:

HAIuSyi.png

"Well, I hope you didn't think I was their grandmother," Valery joked with a grin, but she doubted this joke would really help put the girl's mind at ease. Zaiya began to ramble, clearly worried that she had gotten her friends in trouble, or that something bad was going to happen because of all this. It was a genuinely heartwarming thing to see and listen to, but Valery wasn't going to leave the girl this worried for long.

There was no reason to be.

"It's alright," Valery said, as she crouched down a little and placed her hands atop Zaiya's shoulders. "Vera and Aris aren't in trouble, and neither are the other Jedi you met. They know that they need to be careful, so I'm only going to ask them to tell me next time they want to bring someone here." Clearly, the Padawans all had a good read on people, but she still wanted to be aware of outsiders visiting the Temple.

It was highly unusual and in these dangerous times, everything was a risk. Even if Zaiya herself had a pure heart, people with evil intentions could try to use her to learn more about what happened inside.

Or worse, target her as well.

"I'm also glad that Aris has been so kind to you. He did mention a friend to me once, who he wanted to bring home for a visit. I have a feeling I know who that is now." Valery winked and beamed an even warmer smile. "Why don't we go see the knighting ceremony? After that, maybe I can talk to you even more about the Jedi and when we're done, you come with me and we surprise visit Aris and Vera at our home?"

"I'll be making dinner and my husband can make the best dessert."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

"Oh no, you don't look like a grandmother," Zaiya quickly reassured Valery Noble Valery Noble , her hands gesturing as if to dispel any concern. "You don't look a day over early fifties," she added with a warm smile. It wasn't meant to offend; after all, Lovalla typically lived to nearly two hundred years, so Zaiya meant to convey that Valery appeared youthful by her standards.

With a sigh of relief, Zaiya noticed that Vera Noble Vera Noble and Aris Noble Aris Noble weren't in trouble. Her complexion regained its rosy golden hue, and her iridescent markings glowed brightly in a burnished golden aura. She made a mental note to keep Colette Colette , Loomi Loomi , Braze Braze , Astri Elyse Astri Elyse , and the others out of the conversation for now, just to be safe. Valery could feel the relief emanating from the Lovalla, a subtle hint at Zaiya's empathic nature.

When Aris's mother mentioned that he had already inquired about inviting a friend over for dinner, Zaiya's excitement was palpable. Her skin lit up with a luminous glow, her patterns shimmering in vibrant blue hues of joy and anticipation. So he had already mentioned it?

As her face flushed with embarrassment at Valery's wink, Zaiya couldn't help but smile shyly and lower her gaze, rocking back and forth on her feet, a sign that she suspected she just might be the friend Aris had mentioned. However, her excitement peaked when Valery extended the invitation for dinner and offered to discuss the Jedi with her after Shan's Knighting ceremony celebration.

"Wait, really, really?" Zaiya's excitement was evident as she practically bounced on her toes. The confirmation sent waves of vibrant colors cascading across her skin, a dazzling display of prismatic delight. "Oh, please! That would be absolutely amazing!" she exclaimed eagerly.
qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Last edited:

HAIuSyi.png

Early fifties?

Valery reached up to touch her cheek to feel the softness of her skin, then brushed her long hair over her shoulder and felt its volume. Some people had mistaken her to be Vera's older sister before, and people rarely guessed her above the age of 30. What had changed?

She blinked, then remembered that not all people aged at the same rates.

...that could have been awkward.

"I'm glad you think so," Valery said instead, feeling quite good about herself now. To make it even better, Valery got to see just how wonderfully excited Zaiya seemed to be at the idea of coming over for dinner and learning about the Jedi. It was the most adorable thing, and that motherly side of her made it impossible not to smile.

Her kids were making good friends

"Yes, really," Valery said with a very warm expression for the young girl, "Just don't tell Aris or Vera yet. We'll make it a fun surprise." Valery smirked, stood back up and raised a hand to gesture down the hallway, "First, let's show some support to Shan at the ceremony, alright?"

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Zaiya's face lit up with a giddy grin, and she couldn't resist giving a joyful clap of her hands in agreement.

"Okay!" she exclaimed, her skin regaining its vibrant color and luminosity in a kaleidoscopic display. Even her eyes shimmered with an iridescent hue, reflecting her excitement at the prospect of surprising Aris Noble Aris Noble and Vera Noble Vera Noble at dinner. Little did Zaiya know, the Colette Colette she had met earlier was actually Aris's older sister, the 'mate' of the recently knighted Shan Pavond Shan Pavond , whom the Lovalla teen had been eager to meet.

With another bounce in her step, Zaiya's excitement overtook her awareness of personal boundaries as she reached out to grasp Valery Noble's hand, intending to tug her along toward Shan's Knighting ceremony. If the Jedi Master allowed it, Valery would immediately feel the waves of joyful, thrilled emotions emanating from the teen, an empathic connection tickling through the contact via the Force. For someone like Valery, it would be evident that the Force desired to interweave and join with her in the desire for connection. Zaiya was unknowingly projecting the first tendrils of a bond.

"Let's go then!" Zaiya sang out joyfully, although she had no idea where to go next.

"Oh! You might know then, what goes on in a Knighting ceremony?" she added, her curiosity bubbling over in a mesmerizing display of vibrant bright citrine hues with teal flecks over the patterns of her face.
qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Last edited:

HAIuSyi.png

"Okay!"

Valery smiled at the girl's excitement. It reminded her of Vera and how excitable she could be over just about anything. Or even the triplets and their endless amounts of energy. It wasn't ever really tiring to her. Sure, sometimes she felt knocked out at the end of a long day with the kids, but she wouldn't have it any other way.

She loved it when kids were happy.

Zaiya then reached for her hand, and Valery accepted it without thinking twice. But as their hands touched, she felt something quite interesting. Valery looked down at the girl for a moment, wondering if she was aware at all of the shared empathy and bonds she formed this way. Was it her connection to the Force? Vera had a special connection with visions, and Aris was unique in his own way, too.

Or was it something else?

"So," Valery began with a sing-song tone of her own, "At the end of a Jedi's time as a Padawan, they have to complete a series of trials. They test if you're ready to be a Jedi Knight, and once you've completed them all, the Council will officially declare you one. At this ceremony, we handle just that — we make it official. But we also spend time to remember the journey to get there, and surround ourselves with the Jedi who have helped us make it possible."

"It's almost like a party to celebrate a very big accomplishment."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
The resonance worked both ways, so unless Valery Noble Valery Noble used her techniques to block off the connection, Zaiya would start to feel the Jedi Master's curiosity and contemplation. While Zaiya may have an innate ability to mimic her species's creation of bonds with the Force, she had no training other than what Loomi Loomi and Braze Braze taught her to spread her senses out into the Force while meditating or how they told her to build a mental barrier by focusing on something else, but that would take years to build up. It was the same way Zaiya had been able to read off Aris Noble Aris Noble Kyber crystal, and every time they touched or held hands, the connection would grow just a little stronger, fed by Zaiya's desire to be close to her best friend.

However, Zaiya's attention immediately went to the mention of the trials. Braze Braze had explained these to her, and it seemed so confusing and concerning how some trials were done. Now would be a great time to ask Valery Noble Valery Noble why it was so?

"Oh, okay, well, maybe you can answer my question. I had asked my friend, but maybe you can elaborate on it," she began, tugging Valery along -- the Lovalla was just going to wander where she thought she had to go unless Valery corrected her. It was evident there was enough familiarity to the Jedi temple layout that Zaiya knew of, but not fully. She had been here enough to grasp that much at least.

"Why does the trial of the flesh mean that someone has to get hurt to pass it? Why would you want anyone to get hurt or get their arm chopped off to pass a test?"

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Last edited:

HAIuSyi.png

"I'd be happy to answer your questions," Valery said sincerely. If they were going to attend the ceremony, it'd be good for her to understand just what it meant. The Trials were not easy to pass and many had failed them throughout history. In some circumstances, a Jedi had even passed them and still not been deemed ready to be a Jedi Knight. To fully grasp why these things were possible, one had to understand them at a deeper level.

Zaiya seemed more than curious enough to want to learn.

"The Trial of Flesh does not require that," Valery was quick to correct. "The trial is about overcoming great physical pain, hardship, or even loss. So it can be physical, but it can be emotional as well." This didn't necessarily make it sound any better, but not being required to get severely hurt was probably already an improvement.

"The reason for this trial is that a Jedi's duty is extremely difficult. We're confronted with the worst sides of this Galaxy and for most of us, it's only a matter of time until we are affected by it ourselves. But even through pain, loss, or incredible hardship, we have to be able to push ourselves forward and complete our tasks. Not just for the sake of our own lives, but in most of these situations, other people depend on us and if we crack when we get hurt or when something pains our hearts, then people could die." She wasn't going to sugarcoat that, but she did gently squeeze on the girl's hand to offer comfort if she needed it.

"The Trials are meant to expose us to what Jedi will realistically confront, and test whether or not you're ready to handle it without the constant oversight of your Master."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Zaiya pondered this carefully, slowing down her steps as she mulled over what Valery Noble Valery Noble said. Relief visibly swept over her in a shimmer of golden-edged turquoise over her skin, replacing the pale gray and yellow tones of concern she had been marinating on. The Lovalla teen gave a small exhale that she had been visibly holding in.

"Oh, okay, that's good to hear. I was very concerned that people had to be hurt to pass that test. I wouldn't want Aris, Vera, Braze, or Loomi or Colette to get hurt. Astri too. Braze said most Knights or Masters won't tell you what they had to go through but if it was so traumatic that they couldn't tell you then that made it sound so scary." Zaiya explained, unconsciously revealing who else the teenager knew in the temple.

"So, is it true only Masters get to decide what counts as a Trial of Flesh? It sounds very subjective and personal to each person, so how can another person know if someone went through it successfully when it isn't them who had to experience it?"

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

HAIuSyi.png

She has definitely been here a few times before. Valery perked a brow as Zaiya tugged her along — she seemed to know the general way through the Temple and only needed a few changes in direction to get towards the ceremony hall. A curious little thing, but Valery decided to focus on their conversation about the Trials. It was something a lot of Padawans worried about, so she imagined someone with potential interest in the Jedi would be just as interested.

"They're not always traumatic, but they're personal," Valery explained, while she also took mental note of the other Jedi she had already met. "Some Knights or Masters might also choose to keep it secretive for other reasons. Maybe they want their students to go into the Trials without knowing too much. People tend to change their behavior if they know there are certain expectations. Even if that behavior contradicts who they really are."

Back in her own time, that was one of the reasons she had been kept in the Dark about the Trials.

"It's usually the Master, the Padawan, and the Council. The process isn't perfect — no process is — but a Master bonds with their Padawan over many years of working together. They will know when their student has gone through something that captures the essence of the trial. The Council is there to help them make that assessment."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

The more Valery cleared up Zaiya's misconceptions, the more at ease the Lovalla teen began to feel. Okay, so I would have a voice on the matter, thinking to herself, unknowingly already making mental decisions that she wanted to join the Order.

The intrigued intonation would convey through their hands, and Zaiya's skin would slowly start to resonate with Valery Noble Valery Noble 's emotions as well. Picking up on it, Zaiya felt her face flush in a sheepish sense of awareness she was asking a lot of questions. While she could feel the emotions, she couldn't read thoughts.

"Sorry.... I know I have a lot of questions." Zaiya apologized, only to suddenly frown and her colorful head cant to the side as she looked up at Valery.

A padawan bonds with their Master?

"Bonds? Like with a parent?" was her first thought, only for her eyes to suddenly widen, "Oh wait, you mean bond like a mate?!" Again, Zaiya was only thinking and perceviing things on her worldview and what she knew of bonds and how they worked.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

HAIuSyi.png

"You don't have to apologize for it. You ask good questions," Valery encouraged with another gentle little squeeze of the girl's hand. If there was anything she wished to convey to her through touch, it was warmth and comfort. A sign that she could be open with her questions and worries and that they'd be taken seriously. This was her chance to throw out anything she wanted at someone who likely had the right answers to those questions.

She wanted Zaiya to know that.

"Bonds? Like with a parent?"

Valery blinked.

"Oh wait, you mean bond like a mate?!"

Valery blinked twice, and smiled sheepishly, "Not quite, no," she responded with a chuckle. "We do certainly form bonds with our parents and with mates as well. But if you have a connection to the Force, you can develop what we call a Force bond with someone who also has that connection. It can happen between friends, lovers, and family but a very common Force-bond is the one between a Master and Padawan."

Valery smiled, as she thought about her own Master for a moment. Even after her time in stasis, he had offered her support once, and because of how much he meant to her, Valery had named her firstborn son after him.

Adam.

"They're hard to explain, but they bring you closer to someone else through the Force. You can feel if the other is alright or not, even across the stars. You understand each other on a more fundamental level, and no matter where you are, you always feel as if you carry a part of them with you." The strongest example for Valery was her Dyad with her husband — an even more unique bond that had brought them closer together than anything else ever could.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

The comfort and assurance that radiated from Valery Noble Valery Noble sent a shimmer of relieved glowing bioluminescence throughout the edges of Zaiya's patterns, tracing her face, neck, and arms. "Okay, great!" she exclaimed, her spirits lifted by Valery's words.

But it was when Valery began to delve into the bond between a Master and their padawan, explaining the role of the Force, that Zaiya's interest sparked into an excited glow. Her skin emitted a soft, pearly luminance, and the vibrancy of her colors ignited in an enthusiastic display that shimmered even in the UV spectrum. Now, this was a topic that truly captivated Zaiya.

"Oh! Oh! I heard about those!!!" Zaiya bounced with excitement, her energy bubbling over like a bird fluttering about with newfound freedom. A surge of the Force bloomed within her.

"Can you tell me more about them? Braze and Loomi said they share a super special bond and connection to the point that Loomi can see his dreams!" Zaiya eagerly shared with Valery. "My kind builds connections with their parents and also with mates, but not with any other species, so when I started to feel the same connection with Aris and others the longer I spent time with them, I got super excited thinking that perhaps I'll be able to have those connections again! I haven't felt them since I felt my parents passed, so it really means a lot if that means I can make connections again."

Although a faint note of melancholy lingered, it wasn't as poignant. Zaiya had made friends now. Aris, Braze, Loomi, Colette, Astri, and Shan. She wasn't alone anymore. Aris Noble Aris Noble had told her as well that he would make sure she never felt alone.

"It is... just really nice to not feel so alone anymore," she expressed, her shimmering resonance conveying the depth of her relief and hope for connection, belonging, and home.

"and have friends," She grinned, giving a delighted, glowing shoulder shimmy, her bangles jingling with the motion.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

HAIuSyi.png

Oh, now she was excited.

Valery briefly paused and looked at the girl with a very bright smile. Zaiya's energy was contagious and her interest in Force bonds was especially endearing. Most Jedi didn't care about them until they discovered they had developed one with someone else, and usually, that meant they had experienced something intense. So, Valery began to wonder why Zaiya cared so much about them, and before she could even hope to ask the question, the girl explained why.

"Well, you're never going to feel alone here, Zaiya." Valery placed a hand on her shoulder and briefly pulled the young girl to her side. She knew what it was like to feel alone. She had gone through terrible pain when she believed that Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble had sacrificed himself for her. At the time, if it hadn't been for Vera needing her Mother, Valery wasn't sure if she had gotten through it all.

Or worse, she wasn't sure if she'd have wanted to move forward.

"Force Bonds will always remain a somewhat mysterious thing. What you mentioned between Braze and Loomi exists between my husband and me as well. We have what's called a Dyad — a very unique bond that essentially makes us one and the same in the Force. We can travel to each other in an instant, no matter how far apart we are. We can feel each other's emotions, hear each other's thoughts, and share everything about ourselves without having to utter a word." She chuckled and couldn't help but feel a blush touching her own cheek.

What she had with Kahlil was special.

"Most Force Bonds aren't that intense, and they do take time to develop. But they do bring people closer together."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
Zaiya let herself be tugged against Valery Noble Valery Noble 's side. Without prompting, the young teenager would come to a halt and then wrap her arms around the Jedi Master. She remembered Shan Pavond Shan Pavond 's advice about asking for consent before hugging or holding hands, but Valery's gesture seemed to invite the embrace, right?

Zaiya hoped so.

With a mixture of hope and gratitude, Zaiya leaned into the hug, feeling the warmth of Valery's presence, the jingle of her half dozen bangles and bracelets tinkling as she drew her in tight and hugged her. It felt nice. Valery smelled like flowers, but not the delicate kind – but a more robust scent. A deep, rich aroma that was slightly sweet and floral with a hint of spice. These scents, combined with Valery's steadfast strength and emotive embrace, seemed to envelop Zaiya in a warm embrace that resonated with the Jedi Master's guidance, comfort, and strength. It tugged at a memory, reminding her of the love and support her own mother had once shown.

It made Zaiya miss her mom all at once again.

Bittersweet melancholy dampened the vibrancy of her skin as dark grey tones carved over it in remembrance, but within the swash of grey lay the delicate brush of hopeful golden-edged turquoise that relayed that Zaiya was ever so grateful for that affirmation.

Zaiya listened quietly as Valery continued to explain how Force bonds worked, only pulling back once she felt it was okay to continue. As if, in hindsight, she also flushed in mild embarrassment to reach out for a hug like that. No no, she immediately told herself, reminding herself what Aris told her. Stop overthinking things.

After a slow nod and a thoughtful expression, Zaiya gave Valery a small smile as if to relay she was okay, then added, "Okay... so it is kinda like the same bond my kind have for a mate... but it sounds like this isn't only specifically for mates with the Force then?"

A thoughtful look of concern shone over her face and rippled in tones of bright orange and dove grey, "Do those Force bonds just happen or does one purposely have to create one? Or is it the Force that is making that decision?" she wasn't sure how it all worked, but she also didn't want to end up accidentally putting someone in a situation they didn't want to be in.

"I... don't know how to control how I feel or what I do when I'm with someone else. For my kind it just happens after being with someone for a long time too, but... I don't want to accidentally do anything that would make anyone else uncomfortable."

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

HAIuSyi.png

"It is... just really nice to not feel so alone anymore,"

Those words echoed through Valery's mind when Zaiya wrapped her arms around her. She didn't quite understand every color that she saw in the girl's skin yet, and what it meant as they changed, swirled, and transitioned. But Valery was more than empathic enough to know what it was like to lose someone, and then feel that connection again with someone else. Even if it was but a shimmer of the old bonds that were lost.

Valery wasn't her Mom, but she could still offer some comfort.

With her arms gently wrapping around the girl, Valery returned the hug and allowed it to linger as long as she wanted. All that mattered was that Zaiya felt safe and cared for, "I think a bond with a mate will always be a bit stronger, but I'm sure it overlaps in some ways." Especially the way emotions were shared along the currents of the Force. But the emotions that existed between friends would always be different than those that echoed between partners.

Especially soulmates, if one believed in that.

"These Force Bonds tend to just happen, but they follow our hearts. You won't develop a bond with someone you barely know, but if you have a friend or someone you care about, it'll likely form with them. So that also means they have to feel that way about you. With these bonds, the Force is an extension of our hearts and soul, and a bridge can only form when it's steady and strong on both ends."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom