Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Fight or Flight

Pamarthe
HAIuSyi.png

Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Blasters | Lightsabers

"Yeah, I suppose you're right," Valery said with a chuckle. There was no point in worrying about something that was out of their control now. She had done her best to present facts, and details and explain why they couldn't just sit tight and fight. She was truly convinced it was a reasonable case with sound arguments. But pride and a sense of home were peculiar things — people didn't want to leave, and she understood that.

But how much were they willing to sacrifice to try and preserve it? She knew it couldn't be preserved unless they were willing to retreat and call in help.

For now, Valery pushed all those thoughts aside and focused on Katria, "A drink sounds nice." She smirked and left the building to get some fresh air first. That alone already felt immensely calming, but some liquid courage wouldn't hurt either. As long as she didn't push it too far.

Her tolerance for alcohol wasn't that high.

"Where to?" Valery assumed Katria's ship, but maybe she had something else in mind. Either way, she'd follow after Katria, ready to wind down and relax after exposure to politics.

Pamarthe
K39nyuh.png

A smirk tugged at her lips as the other woman accepted her invitation and made her way outside into the fresh air they'd been denied for their duration of the meeting. Taking a few moments to observe the other woman as she let the far more relaxing atmosphere wash over her, she herself took to giving a few of her muscles a good stretch as she drew in and exhaled a deep breath. Pulling one arm across her front to stretch her shoulder and then switching to the other, she felt a small margin of the aggravation that politics brought her start to bleed away.

"My ship's just down at the spaceport," she gave in answer to the woman's question as she started to make her way down a set of stairs and as far away from the city's political center as she possibly could. She knew it was likely what the other woman expected but she knew that, with her choice to let June have a few days off while she let the on-line computer handle a few travel computations, it was where they'd be the most comfortable away from the prying eyes of others while they kicked back. "Standard of a Corellian type that she is, she serves her purpose and we're less likely to have to deal with any local drunks."

Admittedly she wasn't worried about that last part for the aspect she'd mentioned, but it was the most casual way of saying she'd rather spend some time have a more private conversation than deal with potential eavesdroppers. Which was the notion hanging on her mind as she guided the other woman to the Vekarr's Pride, tapped a few prompts on her vambrace and opened the docking ramp so they could board. It wasn't a high-end transport ship, but it was home.

"I'll go grab the whiskey, make yourself at home. I don't suppose you know your way around a YT-3000, but the main hold is just down the hall to the left. You can't miss it." She explained, leaning against one of the ramp supports as she spoke before disappearing into the ship to hunt for the elusive beverage.

Outfit: Clothes | Taozin Amulet | Gloves & Boots | Arms
Weapons: Sword | Sidearms | Bow

"A bit sore from the meeting?" Valery joked when she turned to see the other woman stretching. In truth, she felt her own body aching a little as well. Mostly because of the drain these meetings tended to have, but luckily it wouldn't last. for long With some fresh air, good company and a drink, she'd be back to feeling energetic in no time. The spaceport also wasn't too far away, so once she nodded in agreement to going there, Valery followed along and looked around.

"Good, some peace and quiet will be nice. As for the ship itself, I'm fond of the more typical designs," Valery said. Her favorite fighter was still an X-wing, a fairly standard model fighter, and few ships really compared to the classic Corellian models. There was a reason why they were still being built today, even if they had been retrofitted and upgraded countless times.

The classics still appealed most to people.

Soon enough, the two reached the hangar where Katria had her ship parked, and Valery spent just a moment looking it over before heading inside. It wasn't anything too special perhaps, but it was Katria's home. Having lived on a freighter herself for some time, Valery knew what that feeling was like.

"I'll find it, don't worry." Valery snickered and gave Katria one final look before she made her way down the hallway. Once she found the lounge in the main hold, Valery plopped down and relaxed a little.

Finally, she could just be herself.

Pamarthe
K39nyuh.png

"The stretching just makes me feel better," she explained before disappearing further into the ship. It wasn't something she'd expected to have attention drawn to, but the question had lingered on her brain most of their walk to the spaceport. And it lingered even just a bit longer so as she searched her cargo holds for the beverage she'd promised her guest. While Corellian whiskey wasn't her typical go-to, her preference more along the lines of something closer to an ale that was far more common, it had been some time since she'd been to the core long enough to collect a new reserve for her travels.

After some time, the sounds of rummaging, and occasionally something crashing amidst curses, she reemerged holding two bottles and a pair of glasses. Taking a moment to smirk to herself at the sight of the other woman making herself comfortable after their arduous word battle with the Pamarthe politicians, she wondered to herself just how often this Jedi got the chance to really relax when the galaxy itself was practically on fire every other day; a notion her brain lingered on as she set the bottles and glasses down on the cargo crate of a table in front of the other woman.

"I'd apologize for the mess, but the amount of time it stays like this would just undermine the sentiment." She mused half to herself as she moved to seat herself on the only other cushioned seat near where Valery had sat. While she'd at one point had the hold far more decorated and comfortable her time abroad from the Confederacy of Independent Systems had left her with less company and far more isolation. As such a great deal of her furniture wound up as additions to the credits lining her pocket while the ships crew and personal quarters remained the only real reminder that she still had refined tastes.

"So tell me, Valery, what should we drink to?" She asked, filling each glass to her personal preference before sliding one to the other woman. "Optimism for the people of Pamarthe or," she paused and drained her glass. "Or to the chance to relax?"

"Don't worry about it. My ship was always a mess, too." She used to blame it on having very little time to clean up between assignments. The reality was that she could be quite chaotic, at least in her personal space. It had changed a lot ever since she became a Mother, but in some aspects of her life, Valery was still the same chaotic Jedi she once was. Not that she'd tell as much to her new friend.

Plenty of people already teased her about it.

Valery then leaned forward and carefully picked her glass up from the table. She leaned back with her fingers curled around it, and tucked back the hair that had shifted forward, in front of her face, "Why don't we drink to both?" Valery asked before she followed suit and drained her glass as well. It was strong and Valery wasn't quite used to it, but she held up and put down her glass for a refill.

"For Pamarthe, for some time off and to new friends." Valery crossed one leg over the other and relaxed into the seat. The liquid courage was already loosening her up and she felt like she was in the zone. "Do you have some music, perhaps?" She asked after a moment. Music, drinks, and good company together would make for a most wonderful evening.

Now, she could hopefully learn more about Katria.

Pamarthe
K39nyuh.png

"You're full of surprises, I'll give you that." She muttered as she watched the Jedi drain her glass, finding herself at a loss for more words as she failed to account for the other woman's disposition. While she couldn't say she didn't anticipate the relaxed response, there was a casual air to the exchange that she hadn't quite ascertained her grasp on. Jedi were a dime a dozen in the current climate of the galaxy, and yet she seemed to have found herself a rather perplexing one; not that she was complaining.

No sooner the other woman given her answer, an answer that brought a small smirk to her lips, did she drain her glass and rest it for more. A notion that wouldn't Katria didn't leave unanswered as she generously refilled the glass while refilling her own.

"Kriffin' hell what I'd give for time off," she sighed as she let herself sink a bit more comfortably into her seat, letting her stress bleed away gradually enough that she could still remain on her edge. Even in the presence of friends she wasn't a fan of letting her guard down completely, or at least carelessly, though she was known to make the occasional exception for the right company. Being robotic was an absolute buzz kill.

An opportunity to be the opposite of that thought presented itself, however, as the other woman brought up a rather fine idea.
"I've got plenty of music," she explained as she tapped a few images on her vambrace to link it up to the ship and cycle through the collection of music she kept on hand; casually going through a piece at a time just long enough for the other woman to stop her when something she fancied struck her.

"I've even got a few classics you don't hear very often, if that's more your taste."

"Time off is something that's taken, not given," Valery smirked and leaned forward to take her glass after Katria refilled it again. She knew from her own busy life that if she didn't allow herself time off, she would never actually take it. Once upon a time, a dear friend had needed to force her to take a break to understand, and even now, she wasn't one to really take much time off.

Having children did change that a little, but it still wasn't always enough.

Valery then relaxed back into her seat and raised the glasd up to her lips. Her fiery gaze shifted to Katria again and while she sipped, Valery allowed herself to be at peace.

"As long as the music isn't too loud or busy, it'll be nice. It's just to set the right mood." Valery smirked and drew in a short breath. The alcohol was already keeping her relaxed, and now she wished to spend some time in good company. With a new friend.

"Say, what are your plans now that this whole adventure is over?"

Pamarthe
K39nyuh.png

"I'll see what I can do." She returned to the other woman's explanation of her preference in music, interpreting what she'd said by founding her conclusion evidenced by the way she'd made herself comfortable. She didn't want to set to paced or slack of a mood, but it wouldn't hurt to find something smooth that gave just enough jolt to stimulate deeper conversation. A notion she would usher into reality as she flicked a few images on her vambrace and let the speakers of in the hold hum to life with the sounds of a something vibrantly casual.

.While she wasn't one to tone herself to the simpler sides of music, she wasn't about to disappoint her company. She did nothing if not please her audience, a trait that often bore fruit when she sought something in return.

"Uh," she uttered haphazardly as the subject of the future brought itself into the atmosphere of the room. While it was a fairly simple conversation to be had, and one that could have resulted in a great deal of answers, it struck her like a hammerhead to the broadside of a destroyer. It raised a fairly pertinent question as to whether or not she'd really considered that question since her departure from the Confederacy of Independent Systems.

A question that would remain unanswered for a few moments more until she was able to down another gulp of the whiskey in front of her and burn away the bubbling awkwardness.

"I honestly couldn't tell you." she breathed as calmly as possible as she scrunched her brow and cast her gaze to the floor. It was in that moment that an itch she'd forgotten existed began to tickle at the back of her brain. Then the question as to just what the Jedi was up to by asking such a question that she once knew to be rather controversial. A moment later and she dismissed those thoughts in favor of allowing the itch to bubble to the surface as she filled their glasses once more.

"I suppose I'll just keep doing what I've been doing." She explained nonchalantly though the occasional glance to the other woman's face told her that was hardly a sufficient answer. "I got really good at gathering information over the years. I'd probably just stick with what I know."

"This is perfect," Valery said, completely relaxed on the sofa while music played in the background. The entire meeting was already off her mind and she wasn't at all thinking about her duties tomorrow either. She had reserved several days on Pamarthe, so unless something else happened that she needed to address, she'd have some time off. Perhaps an opportunity to go to one of the famous water races, or maybe she'd just take some time to rest.

Hopefully, all in good company.

Valery then watched Katria after asking a question about the future. While innocent in nature, it seemed to spark some deeper thought. She could see Katria's brows furrow and something told her that she struggled with offering an answer. The reason for it was beyond her, but she wasn't going to pry. This was meant to be a relaxing moment, so regardless of her answer, Valery would accept it and keep the mood bright.

"Nothing wrong with that," Valery said with a smile. "But do you allow yourself some time off, too? This whole situation on Pamarthe could last days, and I have a feeling it'll be a lot of waiting."

"Any plans for how you'd like to spend that time?"

Pamarthe
K39nyuh.png

"Good." She stated a mite flatly as she watched the Jedi make herself comfortable in tune with the beat of the music. Hanging a bit on watching the woman sink into the makeshift couch and relax following the trying events of the day. A sight that reminded her just why she hated politics as much as she did, and why she had preferred to stick with an intelligence position for so many years within the Confederacy when she had so many years ago. Politics were exhausting.

What the other woman said next, in response to her answer to the others previous question, brought another another more contemplative furrow to her brow. Before allowing herself to delve into her thoughts, however, she chose to relax her brow and sink into her seat to acknowledge the full breadth of the inquiry and subsequent concept of time that the previous question hadn't fully accounted for.

"Time off is something I find very subjective." She explained as she tilted her head against the back of the couch she'd seated herself in and gave a studying look to the other woman. Wondering to herself just what the intent behind the question was in light of the mention of their current situation. Contemplation on why she'd asked a question about the future before bouncing back to the present and the time that was assumed to be spent here until the delegates had decided on some kind of decision regarding their situation.

"I really hadn't put much thought into it, honestly. I don't often account for my time outside of acting in the moment. Something I got really used to back in my old job. War isn't exactly kind to those who plan too carefully." She gave as the start of her answer before tilting her head back, prying her eyes away from the other woman as she did so. "When you ask though, I'm guessing you have something in mind for your own time? Frankly, I think I was going to be content to dig through old data and pay a visit to the local bar."

Even as she spoke a pause gripped her after she spoke, her head tilting again to study the other woman's eyes and expression.

"Did you have plans?" She asked with a raise of her brow that was accompanied characteristically by a playfully inquisitive curve to her lips. "What are your plans for your time here?"

Valery began to chuckle. A simple question about her plans seemed to have sparked a lot of deep thought, and Valery couldn't really blame her for it. She likely thought there was some underlying reason to it, but in truth, Valery was mostly just curious about the other woman. They were going to be stuck here on Pamarthe until the local authorities reached a decision, so it only made sense to spend a little bit of time together, right?

"Well, I didn't have plans until after that meeting just ended. They gave me the feeling that it's going to take a while, so I was thinking about what I could do to pass the time. Just catching up on paperwork sounds too dull, you know?" Valery smirked and briefly closed her eyes. She drew in a deep breath, focused on the feeling of her whole body being relaxed, and opened her eyes again to look at Katria.

She was in the zone now.

"So, my plans." Valery slapped her hands on her own knees and grinned, "I might go see a race tomorrow. Visit the beach and go for lunch there. Maybe a local bar along the beach in the evening, when the sun is going down." She had plenty more ideas, but she wasn't sharing it all just yet.

"You're free to join me if you'd like."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom