Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Full Leather Jacket

Beneath pale moonlight that crept between the canopy of trees still standing, two warriors faced each other. A few steps forward and Drane’s blade could take her head if she failed to defend. Yet he waited, he listened, his red swords growling by his sides like two hounds hungry for another round with the dragon.

The amount of concentration required for her weapons aside, she was clearly skilled and experienced. This was no kitten pitted against Drane, but a master and a foe to be reckoned with as proven. A hunter with a hunger. A thirst. Like any other creature.

However, a challenge was exactly what the Thyrsian wanted. Conflict was just as much the Sith’s purpose of existence. His promise. War was the warrior's religion. If this woman was once Sith then he knew she could not entirely deny that same taste of violence. It surely burned within the blood that pumped in her veins. And here was one man whose blades offered it in spades.

“If we both stay alive then it’s going to be quite a long night. Though I suppose we could roast marshmallows instead.” It wasn’t a bad campsite under the circumstances. Plenty of tinder and kindling already, courtesy of the grey lady. Only no marshmallows, sadly. “Then again, you said you were bored with my order, yet you deny enjoying this moment. Why?”

He stepped toward his opponent. “Why do you hide in the light?”

Salis Salis

A brief moment of mere communication. A moment to recollect, He said something about marshmallows, she wasn't entirely sure he was serious. Though the thought amused her. "I'm sure there's something available. I wouldn't eat them of course, just in case of poison." she said with a shrug. Poison was never her preffered method, it was dull, and boring. It worked, it was fine. A kill was a kill. But she had grown too fond of the violence to think of it as the ideal. Death alone wasn't what she usually wanted. That was too simple.

Then he asked her why she denied the enjoyment, a reasonable question. And then why she hid in the light, a misunderstanding.
"I don't hide. I'm using it for the same reason I was leaving the order. Because eventually, it is going to get boring. Eventually the violence will go from a thrill, to nothing more than a day to day task. It took most of my life to get far enough before I even realized there was a slight diminishing of that enjoyment. The same way I tired of the politics, the lack of action. A sith in the military cannot fight constantly because they put the strategy at risk. A mercenary, a hunter, or an assassin however. Can move from one fight to the next." she shrugged again as her feet lightly touched the ground. Her voice had taken on a casual tone, almost a careless one, though there was never a moment that she wasn't using every bit of her senses in wait for the fight, "It's an investment in my future. The light side is simply more reliable, it's not as fun. But it won't grow old if used correctly. But in order to do that, I need to learn to practice restraint in a fight as well. Maybe not every time, but I should try."

Drane T'keen Drane T'keen
The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider
Hope and Security (lightsabers)

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
501-Z_police_droid with MK II paladin blaster rifle Zepher
Z65_patrol_droid
MK_II_Paladin_blaster_rifle

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Wrist_link with up to date commlink and chrono that also connects to head piece.
Often carries extra commlinks on her.
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves
-Several phrik throwing knives

He had stepped forward. It wouldn’t take many steps for Drane to cover the distance but he was more interested in what his opponent was saying. So he listened. He waited. Curious creature. Quaint. She maybe had a thing for things that got boring too quickly. Spoken like a true Sith indeed.

It wasn’t even his business, granted, not really. He was just another combatant if this was a tournament. Life? Death? That remained to be seen. At the moment, Drane was content with studying. This woman was…interesting..to say the least.

She mentioned tiring of the violence, the politics, choosing the light side instead of the darkness—as if she wasn’t already a lone wolf to play with. Was she simply a beast tormented by a history of violence? Or a being who had actually chosen the light because the dark grew to be too boring?

“Practice makes perfect.” On that simple statement, Drane agreed. “We are not so different, truthfully.” He stood where he was, almost within reach of swinging his blade at her head, but not yet. “The dark side might be fun but I rely on who I am, not who my predecessors were.”

A Thyrsian like him was a warrior first, a Sith second. “I do not give myself to order,” he spoke with conviction, if just as casually as his opponent. “Nor to chaos.” Another step forward toward her in his silent seance. The forest, under a spell of darkness, was suddenly quiet. “I choose violence. Maybe not every time…but tonight…well…care to change my mind?”

Salis Salis

No violence still, not yet. He got closer, but she'd avoid starting things again. He wasn't bad, but if forced, she could move very, very fast. But for now, she didn't.

She chuckled a little at the suggestion they weren't so different, "I don't doubt it." she admitted. Her love for a fight was only superseded by her practicality of her future enjoyment. She could delay fights in the fast, for the sake of a better one, or not dying to an enemy she could not beat. To ensure she had more fun in the long run. She wasn't doing any different now, she wasn't a Philosopher who had come to some grand conclusion. She was rational about it. That was all.

He had his own thoughts too. He relied on the darkside, nor on his predecessors. Another kinship there. It was merely a tool, an extraordinarily powerful tool, but a tool. No to order or chaos. TO be fair, she couldn't disagree with that either. The light for her wasn't about if there was chaos or not. Such was merely the way of life, and of violence. But likewise, so was order, it was inevitable that each would go back and forth. In either, was somehow the other.

She let him speak, not interrupting him, or threatening him to stay back. Only tilting her head at his finished question, "My normal preference too. But, we can try new things. If you have something specific, I'm listening." she answered quite genuinely. Of course, 'let him take the thing' was not an easy option. But she didn't have so many reservations about a lot of other things. She might be trying to be a light sider. But after decades as a hedonistic dark sider, mercenary, and military leader. Her sense of what counted for what wasn't quite on the table.

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Wrist_link with up to date commlink and chrono that also connects to head piece.
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

He asked a question and she answered it the next moment. Only it wasn’t what he had expected. She was supposed to change his mind, a Sith of conflict and a Thyrsian of violence, not the other way around. Does it matter anyhow?
Drane debated his own question as he slowed his walk down to a stop. What was it about her? There was obviously something about her character worth attacking over, such as her powerful lightsaber, her pearls, her uniform born for war like a wolf in a forest.

Steady now… It wasn’t as if he had a thing for beasts, or that he truly considered this being to be a canine creature, but a warrior like him could not help but get his blood up as he watched her. Then it dawned on him. What is she after?
He could attack her again, and maybe one of them would die within moments, and such was life, but Drane would not gain his artifact. Or her name. There it was. Like ash in dust. Curiosity. This woman was no Sith. No Jedi. She was something entirely…different…and that was enough for him.

It was a break anyway; an eye in the storm for this forest and this fight.

“My name is Drane,” he stated simply. His crimson blades hummed beside him, ever hungry, casting shadows in the wildwood, but at the moment he didn’t listen to them. “Drane T’keen. I am searching for an object in a mountain and, by extension, a hermit who is supposedly versed on where to find it.”

He had two good hands. Might four be better for the voyage? He could always kill her afterwards. “And who are you,” the man of midnight said to the grey ghost. “That I might bow so low in defeat, let me at least know the name of my enemy, how she found me, and what she seeks.”

Salis Salis

She watched him carefully, ever waiting for something. And he came to a rather equally fascinating conclusion as to how to continue. She couldn't help but feel a bit of amusement at the whole situation and all the ups and downs. Was this how jedi interacted? No, jedi probably weren't so interested in the violence and death of it. No were they so open to taking steps backwards if it suited the circumstances sufficiently. Afterall it was practice of the lightside, not of combat. And sometimes you had to take breaks in practicing.

So, he gave his name, a full name, assuming it was the real one. And stating his intents, an object in a mountain, and the hermit who knows where. And asked for her own introduction, she couldn't help the somewhat dramatic instinct in offering an overly exaggerated bow/curtsy. "Salis Marai V'Trechen." she gave her full, genuine, name. Not that there would be that much difficulty finding it was he the investigative type. She was no Darth Carnifex or grand emperor, but she was on record as a mercenary, bounty hunter, major, and at one point a head of military for a Bespin planet. And maybe in some databases a sith knight. If long ago. "As for how I found you, mostly the same way you got here I imagine. Asking questions. I was seeking, I assume, the object you are after too. Your ruckus lead me to this direction, and your presence in the force made it easier to hone in on you. For more pleasant means I'm sure, at least, for the general populace. Stop it from causing too much destruction, you know, that sort of self righteous nonsense." she let out a bit of a chuckle. It wasn't entirely false but, it wasn't exactly out of as much care for others as her own attempts to be light sided for her own sake.

"Not gonna tout at you about morals or anything like that, I've certainly got far too much of a record to try and lay claim to moral superiority if that's even a thing that exists." she commented, "Just doing what hopefully works for me I guess."

Her pose remained utterly casual, folding her hands in front of her and leaning to one side slightly, even if the weapons were still easily at hand, and her body could prance away at a moments notice. But both of those things were just in her nature.

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

Salis. Marai. V’Trechen. He reflected each word and syllable within his head, as if chewing on morsels of meat; delicacies to savor with each bloody heartbeat. Only this wasn’t so unnatural for Drane T’keen. War, battle, combat—this was not mindless violence to the Thyrsian. Conflict was a bit of a religion to him even before the Sith.

To exchange names, to know his enemy, it was more than mere formality. It was life. It was death. It was why the guy fights day and night. Drane…Drane…Drane… Souls may cry from the grave, and he would welcome their call as he stands tall before them all. Someday.

Truthfully, he was not simply some tropey blood knight who would fight every being that crosses his path. He had not even attacked her first. It was her Force that fell the trees in this forest, of course, before he had even swung his sword.

Salis. He didn’t recognize her, whether he should or shouldn’t. Granted, not every name in a database with a reputation in weight was known by everybody. He didn’t think about that though. Behind his helmet, he smiled, as much from his opponent’s curtsy as her speech. Foxy little beast. She certainly had teeth.

“I must admit, I am far more curious about your character at this moment than I am eager to slay you.” Drane spoke as casually as she stood. He really didn’t go out of his way for stealth in his mission. He could have just as well but he had no concerns about being attacked. Till now, perhaps? Ha.

“Moral superiority is something a Sith might attribute to a Jedi. Whereas doing what works for you is what a Jedi might attribute to a Sith.” He shrugged off these concerns as well, as if flicking a fly from his shoulder. “Between these trees, let’s be neither. Just a man. Just a woman. Just two fighters.”

He took a step closer, blades pointed to the forest floor, but went no further. “Here is my proposal, Salis, and I do not mean your hand in marriage.” That would yet be just as curious if it came to be. “Help me find this hermit and this object and then we shall see who leaves with it. Agreed?”

Apart from a parley there was logic to this. Drane did not doubt himself, nor his opponent, but he did not want some drawn-out duel to delay him from his target. Once obtained, well, their blades could yet again swing away…

Salis Salis

Last edited:
She chuckled at the interest over her character over trying to kill her. Well, she supposed that was what she was supposed to try for now. If it resulted in peace that was considered the acceptable result, if not the entertaining one. Then moral superiority. Well, she wasn't quite a jedi. She wasn't going to pretend to be one, she wasn't a sith anymore either, even if she could be quite the dark sider and had the training of one.

His blades still activated, and a step closer, she remained neutral, mostly. Prepared, but non-aggressive or defensive just yet. He offered a 'proposal' with a bit of amusing wordplay. Find the object, then see who leaves. She let out a hum of thought, "K" she answered simply, the comms in her suit was set off, just the audio so her droid Zepher could hear what she was saying to Drane without having to visibly talk to Zepher, "We can head off to find it, plus if it turns out not to be of any truly negative consequence, the sabers will get to end their first encounter non-lethally. I guess that's probably a good thing." her voice was still pretty cheerful about it, even if there was almost a hint of a child disappointed they couldn't play with a new toy just yet.

The bladeswoman gestured to his two blades,
"You want to put those away for now then or just walk around menacingly?" she continued with a bit of a laugh, her phrik daggers hovering around her like tiny starfighters on patrol, not as an actual threat, just as an amused comparison to him approaching with them still activated.

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

"K" a simple enough answer to serve as acceptance to his offer. She couldn’t see the amusement on his lips, couldn’t witness them twist as he considered whether his treasure would indeed be of any negative consequence; and, if not, would that even matter to begin with? Yet he didn’t respond to her initial talk.

Drane wasn’t a slave to his own emotions, yet even if they found nothing as a temporary team of two, well, their little duel was entertaining enough so far. Would it be a waste to not reengage their blades either way when it came to their claim of discovery? I already have her name...

Tabling the thought, their fight was paused, despite his lightsabers not being turned off. He had stepped closer, as if to provoke her, but she stood solid as a rock. Rigid. Just as well. His approach was as much to test her answer after they fought, but she wasn’t so itchy for the trigger.

“Look at me.” Spoken less as a command and as casually as her stance. “I like to think I’m menacing just with my outfit and helmet. Don't you agree?” At that, his lightsabers -hiss-snapped!- or whatever back into their handles.

He pocketed both hilts, and maybe she might surprise him by attacking him still. He was close enough for her to move in for the kill, whatever her holier spiel. “A hermit by a river.” Drane wondered what one would make of these two when they enter his room. “That’s who we’re after first. Want to lead the way?”

Salis Salis

She tilted her head as he said to look at him and asking about if he was more menacing with his helmet and outfit, she shrugged and chuckled, "Oh yes, terrifying." she said in a light hearted and somewhat sarcastic tone. It was kind of hard to find most people menacing without actively trying to employ menace, and she was far too used to the aesthetics of sith to consider that an active form of it.

She kept all her things now put away, daggers returned to their places and used the force to direct her speeder a bit closer whether or not they planned to walk or ride there.
"Right, because there's no way you'd just jab me in the spine is there?" she answered with a raised brow, though still smiling, "You first, or alongside, either way."

Salis was only so casual about these things. He was good enough that even if she could sense it coming she'd rather not take unnecessary risk while attentive. Going first was an unnecessary risk with no real benefits to her. So why even bother?

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

It was Drane’s turn to chuckle. Well, he could jape about his borderline biker attire being menacing for a Sith in a bid to amuse himself, but she could be just as amusing. She was no idiot. Whatever she was, whoever he was, she knew to not put a darksider behind her. Then again, you didn’t have to be a Sith to be a backstabber.

“What a rather equitable counter offer.” It was questionable whether Drane intended to stab her in the back either way but he could appreciate equality. “Side by side it is. Let me grab my bike.” He didn’t take his eyes off her either as his bike came to him and Drane hopped back on it. After all, he had only gotten off of it because he had been interrupted to begin with. But she proved to be an amusing distraction at least.

“River shouldn’t be much further. I am not sure where precisely this little hermit is supposed to hail from but look for a little hut or something. I imagine hermits don’t live in mansions.” He wasn't being terribly sarcastic.

Despite his previous statement of agreement to ride side by side, Drane didn’t dillydally or delay. He kicked his bike into gear and made his way toward the river, whether he’d lead the way anyway or engage in a bit of conversation. To him it was whatever.

“Your sword.” He spoke into his helmet as they both rode. “The yellow one. I like it.”

Salis Salis

She hopped into her speeder as he responded and get his own bike. Her rough rider was more of a land-speeder type as she was used to having to use it for additional purposes than just travel, a strange departure from her usual preference of sheer blinding speed in vehicles and combat styles. Even if she'd differed from that after her turn.

"You never know, I probably would. Not much of a hermit though." she shrugged. That was definitely true, she'd obviously spent plenty of time traveling alone. As long as her droid Zepher didn't count. For a droid, he was very intelligent, but he was still just a droid when it came to considering who is a 'people' exactly. But she never really thought of herself as a loner either.

She'd keep up, stay closer to the side as reasonably possible or at least along the same axis. Naturally she let out a quick laugh at the comment of the yellow one,
"Oh what a shock, the duelist likes the powerful blade." she responded with cheerful sarcasm, "They both serve their purposes. Bit of a change of focus from my former one but I did retain the base concept of a dual sabers with saberstaff format. Changed some other factors to be a bit less chaotic, just a way to try and restrain my tendencies still."

Salis shrugged, "Not so sure that'd actually work if I bothered to indulge myself again but it was the thought. The yellow one uses a krayt dragon pearl, hence the scream, and the power behind it. It's an effective weapon certainly." a grin, "Named them too, decided to go full cheesy on that. Hope and Security."

"Anyway, what is the choice with the mask anyway?"
She changed topics.

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

“Undoubtedly,” came Drane’s response but not so as to break his counterpart’s part in the conversation. He let her finish her sentences. The duelist likes the powerful blade… Why does that line have such a sweet ring to it? “Well your technique certainly showed in those trees.”
There was admittedly no telling where their little duel would have gone, how it would have ended, given that it had actually ended before it had even begun, but she seemed a capable opponent already.

“Wait wait wait krayt dragon!?” He might sound more excited than surprised. “I completely missed connecting it with the scream. Shame on me. Absolutely fantastic!” Unfortunately Drane’s own blade didn’t really scream the same way.

“Hope and Security…”
He repeated her words but not mindlessly, not oblivious to her question, just delaying it for the moment as they navigated between trees. “Some would say only idiots name their weapons but I disagree. I just have yet to name mine.”

There was a reason for that but he didn’t get into it. “As for my mask, why? Don’t you like it?” He spared an instant to glance at her so she could take it in again; metallic black, gold visor-eyes, black gold like his leather jacket. The helmet had tendrils, quills, like hair but not quite, and symbols of one language or another, along with claw marks. Krayt dragon? Maybe, maybe not.

“Like I said, I think it makes me look menacing. A predator should look scary before its prey, wouldn’t you say?”

Salis Salis

"As did yours," she responded with a nod. Then another grin at the origin of the crystal, "It's quite the intimidation technique of course too. But I won't deny the power behind it is...energizing. Hence why I would normally avoid using it."

She kept her awareness open for Zephers location, considering how long it would take him to reach her should an emergency arise. And whether or not that would be wise, the right amount of power meant bringing a ship into play was a threat to the ship, not a solution to end a fight. He did seem more of a swordsman, but then again, specialty did not exempt one from other skills.

"I named my droid, my ships, never my saber. I imagine because it didn't have any more personality to me than my daggers." she hovered the phrik blades a moment as demonstration, "I would have gotten quite tired of the names with that."

Salis looked to his mask again in thought, it wasn't like she needed to actually see where she was going. "Yeah it's pretty good. Not so sure I would use one, but there's lots of things I don't use myself." she acknowledged humming in thought.

AH yes, menacing. They had similarities here or there, but not all of them.
"If that's the goal, sure. I think their fear wasn't really so important to me most of the time. I was either looking for just a good fight or some blood." Salis leaned back in the seat of her speeder as she moved around some trees and back in to speak more, "Actually, wouldn't seeming menacing be more of a prey thing anyway? Or maybe a pack animal scaring it's inferiors into obedience. Seems a little closer to how you've used it so far?"

It wasn't necessarily a criticism exactly. She didn't much mind how he used it. But the discussion was a thing of it's own, she didn't feel like just agreeing on that one without considering it.

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

Blades. Lightsabers. Daggers. Those pearl grenades of hers too. This was a woman who knew how to move, how to swing, offense and defense, as she had surely proven it to him within the span of instants. He had to admit it: he looked forward already to dueling her again, if the occasion calls for it.

To be fair, Drane was just as much playing about his ‘menacing appearance’. He knew he sported the attire, from jacket to helmet, of a biker. Though most folks would feel the fear that emanated from his presence when he allowed the darkness within to seep from the surface of his skin and permeate him from boots to helmet. It was fun. He had to admit it.

“Hmmm…” She definitely gave him something to think about. “I had not considered that take. To appear as prey and this giving fear. Making my enemies quake after they make the mistake.” He offered a minor chuckle. “Granted, I don’t look like much trouble to begin with, though I know you haven’t seen my face. Yet.”

Their conversation ensued as they zoomed between trees, their speed of bikes in contrast to their tongues. It was an amicable discussion under the circumstances. It captured Drane T’keen’s character perfectly, he considered.

“I guess I just generally prefer the notion of looking mean as opposed to someone or something who you wouldn’t expect to be.”

Whatever her response, Drane nodded into the distance ahead. “You hear that?” Water. The river? Closer and closer.

Salis Salis

"No, not yet. Promise I'll take a look if I have to kill you though." she assured him with a grin, she found such casualness despite the imminent possibility of death rather entertaining. She always did. Why be so serious about what was inevitable, why take doom grimly. It had yet to be her doom, but that fact wasn't put into consideration generally.

"Look as you wish. If you wish to give off what you are, give it off. If you want to hide it for some personal or tactical advantage, that's to you as well." Salis answered just as before, "It's all mostly preference isn't it? Unless you're planning to be an assassin I don't see enough reason to believe one side is superior enough to another beyond personal taste and ability."

She tended towards taking casualness in things, and that had a sort of menace to it on its own. But only against the weak. The ones she really wanted to fight would likely not avoid conflict just because of it. In a way, it sifted out more of her unwanted wastes of time, but left those real fights available to her still. Not an intentional strategy but it had worked.

He mentioned the sound of the water closer in and she hummed,
"Excellent." She said simply beginning to stand up in her seat simply using the force to handle the vehicles controls so she had a better view ahead, leaning against the wind, "Let's see what's around."

She reached out with her senses in the force, searching for any presences that would distinguish themselves from the animals. Be it of a living being, or some artifact. And seeking out structures that were more than just a standard formation of the trees. She did keep a thought out for formation of trees that could be a home, or the cutting out of tree or stone to make one that seemed hidden, but that of course was harder to pinpoint while both on the move, and searching for presences, and controlling her speeder. So was far less certain a way to locate something.

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

From the corner of his eye, and despite the water nearby, Drane had to grin as his companion stood up into the wind. In another sight, in another scene, it reminded him of someone riding a swoop bike. Though he knew already that this woman was no carefree biker. But she certainly had her unique beliefs.
While Drane just stayed in his seat, hopefully their efforts would be combined as both man and woman reached out into the wind, throughout the trees, feeling the Force surrounding everything. He heard those trees, the beasts in between, birds chirping and insects chittering. He came up short as before.

“Supposedly this hermit of sorts lives right by the river. I wonder if that is as close to the water as I think it might be. Let's see.”

It would make sense. Would offer this person closer access to water and a soothing sound to wake up to every morning or go to bed to in the evening. Drane paused his bike moments later, signaling for his partner to do the same, so they could get a better sense of direction.

“That way,” he pointed into the distance then sped ahead. Their efforts paid off in the end. At least, they found the river, if not the hermit yet. It wasn’t so little, wasn't so big, definitely bigger than a stream, and blue white beneath the moonlight where it shined over the ripples.

“Here we are.” The lights on Drane’s bike illuminated either side of the river but there was no hut or hermit in sight. “What do you think? Venture one way or the other or split up left and right?”

Salis Salis

She shrugged at his comment about how close to the water as he thought it might be, "I admit I assumed it was very close. Would have likely searched further out only after doing the river and the edges." she answered

Then off they went, not too long before the river itself of course. Not a very impressive one but it was something at least. She hummed in thought, looking around them, with her eyes, and with the force. Seeking into the distance, trying to attune herself to the relic or sapient life other than her and Drane.
"Probably the direction further from the city. Can always backtrack if need be." she offered.

Meanwhile, she'd send a silent message to have Zepher take the Lance, her light freighter, and scout the river from the other direction using visuals and sensor readings. Making sure to keep a healthy distance from her so he could do so without disrupting their own tracking.
"Have you ever tried mercenary work? It's a rather convenient way to do a lot of things you may do anyway, and just get paid for it." she asked. It wasn't actually suggesting that he do it, but she was curious. It had been her go to. Mercenary, assassin, bounty hunter. They all did what a sith knight did. Kill and fight. But this time, she got paid for it specifically, and didn't have to bother with doing anything except that. Of course sometimes she had to track down the target, but sometimes that could also be it's own kind of fun.

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

They decided in unison to not split up in the end but instead venture ahead together as one. In retrospect, potentially for the best, given that their trust in one another was suspect, subject only to their lack of animosity at the moment. True, their conflict of weapons had ended, but their conflict of intentions remained as did the blades in their possession.

“Mercenary work?” Drane repeated as their vehicles purred alongside the river at one bank, flanked by water and forest. “I must admit that I haven’t considered it. At least nothing permanent. Sure, I’ve taken on a job to make sure this person gets home safely as an escort of sorts, hijack that shipment as a pirate of sorts, kill this person as an assassin of sorts, annihilate that group as a soldier of fortune of sorts, but I guess it does beckon the question…”

The Thyrsian trailed off for a moment, probably not long enough for his companion to interject unless she really wished to do it, while the pair of them navigated into the wind and to the rushing of crisp river.

“...What the heck do other Sith do to make a living? Come to think of it, I don’t remember anything stipulating any stipend when it came to placing my name on the Sith Order contract. Unless there’s some routine payment in a bank account I don’t know of, it’s a wonder how I pay my way anyway… How do you pay your way these days?”

Salis Salis

She raised a brow as he tried to explain that he'd not considered it...and proceeded to describe mercenary work. Then shrugging at his question about how sith make a living, "The Jen'ari paid me if I remember right but I was a mercenary pretty soon, stayed that way for awhile until I became a military head, then by choice dropped down to major when my husbands faction joined a bigger one. I never really spent much money so..." she trailed off slightly trying to actually think up how much she still had.

"Well I probably won't ever have to worry about working again." Salis hummed in thought, "I'll probably take bounty hunter jobs here or there for the sake of it. I always did that before, take small job I can complete in a day but get good money for when I stop on a planet, or that happens to be in the area you can just do and cash in, gets enough money for anything there and some extra, move on. Or just find someone rich or dangerous to kill and take their stuff for use or sale. Done that too."

She furrowed her brow and looked at him, "What, you work for sith and they don't pay? What do they even do? Just teach? I guess it's still something until you're good enough to learn it on your own."

The Lance
Dvasia

ITEMS:

All Terrain Rough Rider

-Basic Astromech droid.
Wanderer_Scout_Surveyor
Z65_patrol_droid

2 Model_Kylan-3
XAD_Omnisight
Stun Pearls
-Salis's Armor
-Sith_gloves

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom