Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech [Galactic Alliance] IA|GA-HBC-01 Blaster Carbine

Status
Not open for further replies.
E_BR-55.png
Out Of Character Details
Image Source: Dundjinni Forums
Intent: To create a Blaster Carbine for the Galactic Alliance.
Development Thread: If required.

Product Information
Manufacturer: The Galactic Alliance, I'att Armament (Nationalized)
Model: IA|GA-HBC-01
Affiliation: The Galactic Alliance
Modularity: Yes; Various Tactical Attachments and Underslung Accessories.
Production: Mass-produced
Material: Blaster Components, Spill-sealed Tibanna gas, Duranium, Dallorian Alloy.

Technical Specifications
Classification: Bullpup Blaster Carbine
Size: Handheld/ Two-handed.
Length: 90 cm / 35.4 inches
Weight: 3.76 Kg / 8.5 lbs
Ammunition Type: Plasma Cartridge / Power Cell
Ammunition Capacity: Four Hundred Particle Bolts Per Magazine (Plasma Cartridge). Eighty Particle Bolts Per Powercell. Two Thousand Eight-Hundred Bolts Per Gas Canister.
Effective Range: 150 meters (Optimum Range.) 300 meters (Maximum Range.)
Rate of Fire: Marksmen (Single Shot), Three-Round Burst, Semi-Automatic, and Fully-Automatic.

Special Features
  • Firing Selector: The Carbine can easily switch between multiple firing modes, allowing the bearer to adapt to various situations that he/she/it may be presented with. These modes include: Marksmen (Single Shot), Three-Round Burst, Semi-Automatic, and Fully-Automatic.
  • Power Setting: In keeping with the standard modern specifications of Blaster weaponry, this Carbine boasts two versatile settings (Stun and Lethal) that can be altered by the bearer at any time.
  • Universal Rail mounting System: Four attachment rails were affixed to the Carbine, on either side of the barrel's casing, above the weapon's center of gravity, and the underslung portion of the barrel. While the top railing fits only targeting scopes, the side mountings allow for various attachments to be exchanged to that the rifle can be used by both Left and Right-handed Soldiers.
Strengths
  • Powerful: With the success of their previously approved Blaster pistol, the technicians at I'att Armament were able to apply the same tightly coiled idea to their newest generation of weapons. To this end, it makes the blaster carbine marginally stronger than the standard rifle, but sacrifices a significant portion of a typical power cell/ plasma cartridge to compensate for the heavy draw.
  • Versatile: Having the ability to swap through various rates of fire, and able to mount several additional combat attachments, the IA|GA-HBC-01 can allow the bearer to adapt to any situation - confident that his weapon won't fail him in the line of duty.
Weakness
  • Center of Gravity: Due to the overall design of the weapon, much of it's weight lies heavily in the rear, where the bearer would find the input housing that contains the plasma cartridge and spun-sealed tibanna gas canister. With much of the balance resting on the Soldier's shoulder during operation, it has been noted to manifest as a higher muzzle rise as the weapon continuously fires. (A weakness within the weapon, that a Soldier could counter after several hours of training on Federation-approved firing ranges.)
Description: Designed by the remnants of I'att Armament, the IA|GA-HBC-01 Blaster Carbine was created for use by the Galactic Alliance Marine Corps and was in the running to become their standard issue armament during the revitalization/reorganization of the Federation's Military. Following the success of their Heavy blaster pistol, the technician's of I'att Armament had begun applying the same technique to their newest product, which resulted in a more stable particle bolt (Thus able to retain cohesion over longer ranges, and pack a heavier punch in close quarters.) but had suffered from a heavier draw due to the additional galven coils/circuitry tightly wound within the barrel. Meaning that from a standard power cell/ plasma cartridge, the supply of ammunition would be significantly diminished when compared to standard rifles.

Due to the Bullpup design, reloading the weapon on the fly would be a simple act, proving to be an efficient use of the soldier's time and energy. However, with such an advantage, comes the caveat. With a shortened barrel and the centre of balance located towards the shoulder, the longer the weapon is fired and the faster the particle bolts are discharged, the more errant and erratic the spread/ accuracy becomes.

To compensate for such a flaw, the fore-grip can be removed and replaced with various underslung attachments, ranging from Scatterguns, Grenade Launchers (Anti-Personnel/Anti-Armor), Flamethrowers, Sonic Pulse Generators, etc. In addition to the underslung accessories, two rails were mounted on either side of the weapon's forward casing to allow a Soldier to attach military compact laser sight(s) and flashlight(s), with a fourth and final rail affixed to the top of the weapon to permit the inclusion of a combat scope.

Primary Source: IA|GA-HBS-01 Heavy Blaster Pistol

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Gideon Raith"]

I'm not seeing rate of fire. Can you go through your customized template and make sure it reflects all the fields of the standard template?

Also, what's the rationale for the massive ammo count? Got any handy precedents?

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

Well that's embarrassing. I could've sworn it was in there - Anyways I've edited in.

As for the High Ammo count, I was basing it off the E-11 Blaster Rifle and before someone edited the Wiki page the Westar M5 Blaster Rifle. Both listed a massively high ammo count, and with the advent of the Battlefront game, they've gone into a bit more by explaining that there were two types of cartridges. I've gone ahead and added that in with the same modifier that I've applied to the cartridge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom