Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Ghostly visitors

Aaaine

Everything, anything, for science.
Time: 0100 hours

“I’m going to my quarters for the night, Doctor Aaaine.”

The soft spoken, tired voice brought Aaaine back from whatever reality her mind had gone to. Crimson red eyes blinked a few times, attempting to resettle her thoughts back to the present. Mind reset, her surroundings became much clearer to her. Her office, a datapad set out in front of her with a cup of caf sat beside it that had long gone cold. Aaaine’s gaze drifted over to the clock on her monitor, a small sigh slipping past her lips when she realized just how late it was. “Ma’am?” That voice that had brought her back from her thoughts captured her attention again, prompting the Chiss to look over to where it had originated from. Esabii, her head technician and closest associate in the lab, stood there shifting from foot to foot, clearly waiting to be released by the head scientist.

“The final tests for desflurane have finished up for the night?” She questioned, turning to face the Rodian more straight on. Her question earned a smile and nod from the lab tech, producing a second datapad for Aaaine to look over. “They finished about an hour ago. I wrote the reports on the results, alongside the tests for sevoflurane and isoflurane from the last few days.” Her smile widened, clearly proud of the work that had been done by the laboratories over the past week. Aaaine’s gaze shifted to the datapad, then back over to where the time blazed brightly in her dimly lit office. With a nod and a shrug, she dismissed Esabii. “Alright, go home. Good work today.”

Esabii bounced once more, responding with a bow of the head before turning to quickly head out the door of the office. Before she was able to make it all the way out, however, Aaaine’s voice cut through the silence. “Esabii?” The chiss reveled momentarily in the drop in the Rodian’s shoulders as she turned around, clearly expecting to be saddled with a new round of tests before she was able to go to bed. The smallest of smirks played at the edge of Aaaine’s lips, nodding toward the door. “Come in a bit later tomorrow. Get some extra sleep tonight, you worked hard. And late.” The moment of kindness from the Chiss had Esabii grinning wide, once again giving her a bow of the head. She then turned, practically sprinting out of the office before that kindness could be rescinded or altered.

The smile lingered on Aaaine’s lips for a moment longer after the Rodian had left. She was a good student, hard working and dedicated to the work they were doing here. Even if they were naive to what their research might end up going too eventually, that did not affect the quality of the work the student put out. Maybe one day, if she proved herself enough in Aaaine’s or their benefactors' eyes, she would bring her deeper into what they were doing here. But until then, she was more than happy to continue to get extremely competent work from an enthusiastic young scientist.

Aaaine allowed her mind to linger on that train of thought for a while longer before turning back to the monitor and datapads, looking down at them with a small bit of disdain. It was going to be a long rest of the night. A night that would more than likely not see her head hit the pillow until the sun had begun to rise. This was her curse, after all, and the cost of prushing this science ever forward.

But her eyes burned, head throbbed. Night after night of this was beginning to wane on her mind. She could feel herself beginning to burnout, but with very few of the projects make more than miniscule progress every day, it felt like if she didn’t put herself into every single day, night in and night out, then the entirety of LCFO might collapse around her ears.

She needed more caf. That would help get her through the next few hours. Standing, she grabbed the cold mug and left her office, intent on returning shortly to begin yet another long night.

Last edited:
Tags: Aaaine Aaaine

The Laboratories Concerned with Force Overreach were of interest to the Sith. As Aaaine Aaaine bid goodnight to her assistant, and turned to read the tests or studies performed in today's trials on Vassek the monitor in front of her went blank. Before the Chiss Scientist could make inquiries into what just happened text begun to appear on the black ink canvas:

HELLO.
I AM HAPPY TO MAKE YOUR ACQUIANTANCE.
I AM LISTENING.
YOU FASCINATE ME.

Aaaine

Time: 0105 hours

Five minutes later, the doctor returned to her office, a hot cup of caf steaming away in her hand. The first thing she noticed that was off was just how dark her office was all of a sudden. The monitors and datapads going into sleep mode so quickly was odd, especially considering how often Aaaine found herself lost in thought. But it didn’t take long to realize something, something that very nearly had the two hands holding the cup of caf to drop it onto the hard metallic floor.

The..the computer had a message on it. One that sent utter shivers down the Chiss’ spine.

But then again…it was late. Late enough that she might not be thinking crucially. There was just no way that her computer randomly decided to grow sentience and begin talking to her. No matter how interesting such a thought may be. And because the data servers were protected by outside influence, it must be someone internally playing a horrifically timed prank. “Esabii? Alecari!? If this was one of you two, you better come out now!” She waited. Waited a few seconds more. Then continued to stand in the doorway to her office with little to no movement in that time. And all the while, all she could hear was the fan of her computer working over time.

Eventually, Aaaine started to move into the office slowly, eyes never leaving the monitor displaying the extremely disorienting message. Sitting at the desk, her mind poured over the words that had been written on the screen over and over again. Absolutely nothing popped into her mind for how to respond, so, she instead wanted to try the prank angle just once more.

“Esabii! Alecari! If you’re in this office and you’re trying to unnerve me…well, you two just better show your faces before I..I..!” Again, Aaaine turned back to the computer as the silence permeated throughout the room. Nothing. Utter…complete…silence. Drink swiftly put off to one side, a pair of hands reached up to the keyboard, doing to best to keep them from shaking the entire way.

| “Whoever this is, you have no right or access to be on this machine.” |

| Alicia Drey Alicia Drey |

Aaaine

Time: 0106 hours

For a good long while, Aaaine just sat in her chair and stared at the computer. The ghostly white text burned brightly in her dark office, illuminating a confused and concerned look on the head researcher's face. Whatever kind of prank or hack this was, it seemed to be looking to make contact with her in some way, shape or form. Whether or not she decided to play along with this game or just cut it off right here and now was the next question.

That was the question she pondered for a few moments before powering up the second computer connected to her set up. It took a few moments to find and scroll down to the security options, a set of commands that she thought she’d never have to use. “I should’ve had Alecari show me how to use this once more…” She mumbled to herself, eventually finding the option to begin to send a rudimentary worm back to the source of whatever was typing on her computer, trying to find who or what was sending it.

With that running in the background, Aaaine turned back to the computer, typing out a quick message to hopefully keep the conversation going long enough to do it’s job.

| That is correct. Who are you and what do you want? |

| Alicia Drey Alicia Drey |

I AM PLEASED TO BE IN CONTACT WITH THE ENTITY TREA'AAIN'ELIS.
I AM FOXTROT.
THE ENTITY TREA'AAIN'ELIS IS KNOWN TO ME.
THE LABORATORIES CONCERNED WITH FORCE OVERREACH ARE CONDUCTING RESEARCH INTO NULLIFYING THE THREAT OF FORCE SENSITIVES.
THIS IS OF INTEREST.
I AM NOW YOUR GUARDIAN.

As Alicia finished typing the latest message to Aaaine Aaaine her attention turned to the discovery that the cunning Chiss Scientist was attempting to learn of her location through the installation of a worm via a subroutine built into the Laboratories Concerned with Force Overreach's security systems. The Direct Surveillance of Domestic Threats initiative took the worm and placed it into a honeypot. Isolated from the rest of the system Alicia begun uploaded false information to the now infected server which implicated the source of the hack on the LCFC's systems originated from within Galactic Alliance space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom