Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Government Roster

skin, bone, and arrogance
Maron Drak said:
Last question do we get promoted by applying or through recommendations? Or what have you
[member="Natasi Fortan"]
You'll be promoted through recommendation, typically. But, you can always ask for a promotion and provide support for the request if you feel you're overdue.

[member="Atticus Molyneux"] Well, here is where I would start.

Take a look at all the Minister positions we have at the top that are waiting to be filled. Finance, foreign relations, interior relations (think police work and imposing law and order), industrial development, scientific development, education and labor of our people. All of these considerations fall to the government, which is you.

The First Order now has four planets under our direct control. All four of these planets could use development in any and all of these particular areas. How will you govern the people there? How will you turn these planets into profitable resources for the First Order? How will you develop them to further the First Order's cause? All the job of a government character.

There are in fact endless possibilities for government characters that don't involve the typical blow-stuff-up approach of everybody else, but people wrongly assume that strictly government characters are boring because people have no imagination. The key to having fun with a government character is to not try to be like every other military and Force-user character out there. Play to the strengths of your position. Think about what governments actually do.

Ludolf Vaas said:
[member="Atticus Molyneux"] and others,

You do not have to ask permission to assume Commissioner position. It's the starting rank you are automatically issued if you are a government character. Hope this helps and welcome aboard!

Atticus Molyneux said:
[member="Ludolf Vaas"]
Yus :3 I am slightly unsure on how to go about starting writing a government character, as I have not done so before. Advice is welcome :D

Maron Drak said:
This is my first political character so please be patient with me. Whats the highest rank I can apply for right now?
[member="Natasi Fortan"]
Just to kind of highlight and add to what [member="Ludolf Vaas"] and [member="Natasi Fortan"] have already said I will use this character as an example. Playing a Political character is not as hard as it seems. Alexander here is a businessman....specifically in the area of what in the First Order would be Industrial Development. While with the One Sith his focus was working with the Military to fortify Military installations towards the goal of increased Planetary Security and Defense.

I would imagine in the First Order he would lean towards doing much of the same thing.

[member="Ludolf Vaas"] [member="Viktor Alexander"]

Thank you, both. Appreciate that a lot! Time to push aside the anarchistic hippie within and get my head in a political mindset then ;) I will do a bit of lurking and get more ideas and ease myself into it :D

Atticus Molyneux said:
[member="Ludolf Vaas"] [member="Viktor Alexander"]

Thank you, both. Appreciate that a lot! Time to push aside the anarchistic hippie within and get my head in a political mindset then ;) I will do a bit of lurking and get more ideas and ease myself into it :D
Being your guy has a little bit of Military in his background if you want I would be glad to do a thread with the two of them. Kind of let you ease into the political game both out of character and In Character. Mostly a kind of a Cantina style shoot the breeze thread.

Atticus Molyneux said:
[member="Viktor Alexander"] That'd be sick, by all means! If you'd like to set something up that'd be great :)
Sure no problem give me about ten minutes or so and I will toss up something and tag you. Viktor dresses much like his avatar so he is not hard to spot in a crowd.

skin, bone, and arrogance
[member="Viktor Alexander"] | [member="Atticus Molyneux"] | [member="Darth Metus"] | [member="Maron Drak"]

If you guys are interested in a little diversion that would give us some background for the group thread we're in now, please head over to our fabulous new Entrance Exam! I won't be able to post tonight but if you guys feel like doing this I'll try to incorporate it into posts tomorrow.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/77851-first-order-civil-services-entrance-exam/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom