Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I Can't Hold On, With Thoughts Of Failure Sinking In (PM To Join)

@[member="Circe Savan"]

What was this planet called again? Bah, he forgot. Regardless, even though he had become Grandmaster, missions weren't below him. Taking a mission on a planet he hadn't been on before was a learning experience, and he took a breath as he wiped his hands of his handiwork. Before he'd head back to Coruscant however, he decided to grab himself a drink at the local cantina.

Flipping his hood over his head, the Grandmaster walked in, taking a breath as he took a seat, ordering a drink.

In Umbris Potestas Est
Bonadan. That was the name of the planet Circe had come to. An industrial world out in the very corner of space, once dominated by the Corporate Alliance and its plethora of ex-CIS ships and droids. All Sith tooling, Seinar and Subach, had been transported here from the Sith factory worlds, in an attempt to keep it from falling into the hands of the enemy while not ruining the planets' industries by destroying the factories. And it was for that reason that Circe had come here, factories on Bonadan soon being under Subach control. The insurance money from the destruction of the facilities and all their tooling was quite substantial, and would certainly allow for enough factories to be built elsewhere in order to replace the facilities destroyed at the hands of the CIS and Fel Imperium. A soft sigh crossed her lips as she turned, noticing a familiar face. She'd heard he'd made chief position a while back.

"Congratulations, Josh."

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

His gaze turned back to the familiar voice. Oh boy, here we go. This would be interesting.

"Appreciated, Master Savan... Or is it Lord Savan now? I heard the Sith had some re-tooling" he quipped, a smirk crossing his face. The Grandmaster seemed... More stone cold, serious, then Circe would be used to. Seems responsibility could change a man, even after just a few short days.

What was the Sith Plant doing here now? He pondered this to himself as he cracked his neck, raising his glass to the Sith Lord before taking a drink.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
"I suppose it's Lady Savan. I never did find that a masculine pronoun fit me." She smirked. "Anyways... I haven't been feeling too good. Not physically, mind you - I'm still intact and doing well - but emotionally." She sighed. "Especially with the crime that the CIS and Fel Imperium just perpetuated. The deaths they caused of thousands of my employees for no reason whatsoever's really gotten to me." She paused, reaching over to take his hand.

"And I need help."

"Eh, I don't give a pootookie about the term you call it" he said with a chuckle. And then she took his hand and he eyed her.

"I'm not helping you, Circe" he said calmly. "I'm not going to help your stupid businesses, I'm not going to help you with the CIS or the Fel. You dug your own grave, now you can lie in it" he said, taking his hand away and shaking his head.

He sighed and went back to his drink.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
"No no... You don't understand. I'm not here asking you for help with my company. I'm here asking for help of a more personal nature. I want to straighten myself out, since the years of sexual abuse and slavery I experienced on Nar Kreeta have taken their toll. Why do I do what I do? it's because I have deep issues, and all of that can relate to my previous experiences." She sighed.

"I've never gotten help. But with my lover dead, my company in shambles, and me being at risk of being hunted for the sixth time, I figure now's the best time to ask for it."

And for the first time, the Grandmaster let out a hearty laugh. Not a hysterical, immature one that would involve him rolling on the floor. It was obvious again that the Josh that Circe knew was almost gone. Swept up by responsibility and being forced to grow up to face the world in front of him.

"Lord Savan, how can I know this isn't a trick?" he finally asked, looking the plant dead in the eyes. While it was merely a question, looking into his eyes would see ones fierce, battle scarred and intimidating behind them. The blonde locks and movie star good looks were a charade, that was easy to tell as he stared into her eyes with a gaze that would make a rancor second guess.

"You DO have a history of backstabbing after all" he reminded her flatly, a small smirk crossing his face.

@[member="Circe Savan"]

In Umbris Potestas Est
"Do you think I'd have come up to talk to the Grandmaster of the Jedi Order if that was the case?" She crossed her arms. "I don't want to continue on with this unless I'm forced into it. No one's forced me to do anything, so this is my decision." She sighed, looking him over. Her eyes, though they appeared strong, had a hint of weakness in them. But what was the weakness?

Regret.

"Ah, Circe, Circe... You patronize me" the Grandmaster chided with a chuckle. "How long ago was it that I was a simple Padawan, standing beside you and Jak at your wedding? Not a thought in the world of what you truly were. Trust in you like a sister, faith in you like a close friend. On Dagobah, even when it was obvious where your true allegiances lie, and your only reason for helping Aleidis and Codi being just so you could cash in on them at a later point when your plans as a Sith had begun... I still trusted you. I shouldn't have, I should have had you locked up before you could cause anyone harm. But I was too compassionate and trusting then, Lord Savan. I was naive. How could I have known that such a sweet woman could turn out to be such an evil, conniving, murderous, manipulative witch?"

"I watched you manipulate everyone around you, Circe... And most of all, I watched you manipulate my best friend like a toy, before tossing him like garbage. You ruined his life, Circe. Omega Pyre wants him dead because of you. And how do you repay him, Circe? Do you repent for your sins and stop this madness when he gave you a chance to throw it aside and be the wife you could have been? No... You throw him to the wolves for a couple of brownie points with an Emperor that soon would be King Nothing...."

"You always have an agenda, Circe. It's how you've always been. Trusting you is trusting a mutant rancor not to eat me when I turn around" he chided, shaking his head.

"But I disgress... If redemption, if help... Is what you truly seek... The Jedi are your salvation"

He sighed. "You remember Tracyn Ordo, correct? A very close friend of mine, before your blasted Sith Poison turned him into something I didn't even recognize anymore"

He shook his head. "We were able to plunge your poison from his body. We worked tirelessly to help him. In the end, no, the poison had worked it's magic, Tracyn was off on a path we couldn't stop..."

He sighed, staring dead into her eyes. "You killed him, Circe. Even if you didn't deal the killing blow, you set him on a path toward his demise. One of my best friends is dead because of you. The other one doesn't have direction"

He chuckled a bit. "You're lucky, then.. If I were not the man I was, I'd cut off your head before you could say a word... Avenge Jak... Avenge Tracyn... But... The Jedi are about forgiveness. The point stands, Circe. Even in his darkest hour, the Jedi worked tirelessly to give him peace, to erase his demons. And when he went loose, we went after him. We tried to turn him back, even if your poison's effects kept him from seeing the reason"

There was no conflict in his mind. Merely a small twinkle, a shimmer, that wondered... Would it be the right thing to help this monster... Or cut off her head now and avenge Tracyn, and save the innocence and lives of hundreds more?

But that was not how Josh acted... Even now, he acted with compassion. It was the Jedi way.

"Go to Coruscant, Circe" he said calmly. "Surrender to the Jedi's custody and ask for help. They will give it. If they do not believe you when they say it was my advice, I will back it up" he said.

He got up then, finishing his drink. It was time to go.

"But... One thing, Lord Savan..." he said, looking back at her.

"If we do this... You can no longer fight against us. No aiding our enemies. No kidnapping on Coruscant... While you will likely not be allowed in Republic space for quite some time due to your past, at least until it is seen fit down the road that you are redeemed... No attacking people, no crimes... Nothing against us. While I doubt you can be made a member of the Republic, we will no longer hunt you if you stay away once this is over if you redeem yourself... Of course, if it turns out you haven't been redeemed and you continue your nonsense against, say, our allies... Then we will be inclined to get involved regardless. This is your one chance to get help from an Order that you have wronged so many times... Don't squander it"

"Oh and Circe...." he began, looking back at her with a smirk. "If you dare stab us in the back, during or after this ordeal... The consequences will be far more severe then you can imagine. We do not like having our trust abused" he warned. "This is your golden ticket. Abuse it, and you may not live to talk about it"

That was more harsh (Even a tad bit surprisingly vicious) then what normally came from Josh, but Circe needed to be handled sternly... And with that, he paid for his drink and walked out. It was time to head back to Coruscant...

References: @[member="Tracyn Ordo"], @[member="Jak Sandrow"]

@[member="Circe Savan"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom