Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction I'll Try Spinning | NJO Piloting Social

I'LL TRY SPINNING
ship_thread_banner.png

NJO PILOTING SOCIAL

div-goldiguess.png
The gears of fate continue to turn in the galaxy. Not one to be lulled by an era of peace, Jasper Kai'el, Sentinel of Harmony of the New Jedi Order's council, set out to design a vessel for the every day Jedi. A ship that would be well suited for travel and exploration, but also one which could applied to the next age of conflict when the time finally came. For now, however, the occasion is one of high spirits. The Epo-1 Delta-class Light Interceptor, developed by Valkeri Enterprises in collaboration with the young councilmember, is ready to be tested. A course has been prepared on the moon of Ord Providence, Sellia II, where an old Jedi Praxeum has found new life in the training of aspiring ace pilots. The course is open to all Jedi and their vessels, but participants are encouraged to test out the brand new interceptors to display their capabilities. The best time through the course is also eligible for an unspecified prize, which has garnered a great deal of chatter amongst the youth of the Order. While pilots gather to try test their skills, a social event at the Sellian Praxeum has been arranged, where members of the order can spectate the proceedings...
div-goldiguess.png

OBJECTIVE 1 | HIGH FLYING

MOSHED-2023-6-11-23-38-41.jpg

The Sellian Training Course is open for pilots from across the New Jedi Order and her sister branches for an informal race. The schedule is loose, and pilots may come at any time they please to make an attempt to complete the run in the fastest time they can, with availability until the evening hours. The fastest time is to receive a prize, though it is not yet known what this elusive item may be. With the debut of the Epo-1 being the catalyst for this event, participants are encouraged to utilize the new vessel, though they are not prohibited from attending with their own starfighters.

Oh boy, isn't this exciting. I got a lil race thing here with an elusive prize Both 1st and 2nd place get a new droid friend and 1st gets a Force Crystal, ooooo. Just real quick I wanna give a shout out to Jax Thio Jax Thio cause I'm doing something heavily inspired by his podrace thread set up for the rules. Anyways, here we go.

• 4 Laps, 4 Rolls
  • Rolling a 1 = a wreck.
  • Locations have add or subtract from your performance depending on how difficult they are to pass. The subtraction from your roll does not count as a critical fail, so moving down to a 1 does not count as a wreck.
    • Hanging Grotto: -1 (A grotto of hanging vines. Requires some extra focus to weave between.)
    • Vinetree Tangle: N/A (A forest of vinetrees, tree like extensions of the vines that cover the planet. There is a very clear path through this portion, so passing should not be difficult)
    • Arco's Pass: -2 (A section where vines have grown between two of the larger foundation vines. Space in between them is tight, requiring a higher level of skill)
    • Final Stretch: +1 (A flat clearing which should be a breeze to get through. This will be the fastest part of the run)
  • Highest score = fastest time. If there's a tie, the winners will both receive the 1st place prize. This is more for high scores rather than an outright race.
  • The time is flexible, so turns aren't set. Go at your own pace.

With that all out of the way, here's the map drawn poorly by me. Have fun
MOSHED-2023-6-12-9-57-29.jpg

OBJECTIVE 2 | BUCKETS AND FEATHERS

MOSHED-2023-5-22-10-42-14.jpg

Catering has been prepared for those who have traveled to the Sellian Jedi Praxeum to watch as various pilots attempt to complete the Sellian Training Course as fast as they can. Jedi are encouraged to enjoy themselves and engage in conversation with the local peoples. The Sellites, a people reverent to the military doctrine of the old Republic, have agreed to provide security for the event, and the immigrant Rishii flock from the nearby Sellia I have decided to attend. Attendees will get the opportunity to interact with the settlers of both moons, should they choose, to better their understanding of the history and culture of the area.

Last edited:

Sellian Training Course
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Tag:
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Closed

They wouldn't be Nobles if they didn't take an opportunity like this to compete against each other.

Side-by-side, both Jedi Masters waited in the new interceptors that were to be tested at the starting line of the race. These were more than likely going to be faster than their X-wings, so Valery's inner adrenaline junkie was already looking forward to feeling the g-forces pulling her into her seat. For now, they were waiting on the countdown to begin, so she spent a moment looking ahead, both with her eyes and with the Force.

This track was going to be a fun little challenge for both of them.

<This is my domain, babe. You sure you wanna do this?> Valery teased all smugly, as she glanced through the side window in the direction of her husband. She loved these little games with him, and this time the whole family was here to watch too. Vera and the triplets were in the stands, guarded by Temple Guards Valery had dragged along, as well as the nanny droid. They'd love watching their parents go at each other in a race like this.

Vera especially.

"Yay mommy! Yay daddy!" Vera grinned and bounced up and down.

<So, what do I get if I win? A massage maybe? Or breakfast in bed for a week?> she asked, right before the final checks were being made. It was almost go-time.

Last edited:

Sellia II
Tags: Open

bird_boi_sig.png

Goldwing, Epo-1, R5-T399

"Alright, here we go."

Shem was eagerly bouncing in the cockpit of his ship as he raced towards the first legs of the Sellian Training Course. He was no ace pilot, but the fledgling was here to give it his best shot. After all, his father was present today. Yulon Spinner, chieftain of the Rishii flock that had recently immigrated to Sellia I, was to be present today. Maybe he wouldn't win anything, but Shem was at least going to put on a good showing for the man he so highly looked up to.

"Move power to the engines, Tepp," he instructed, directed at his astromech companion.

The R5-unit beeped out a nervous affirmation, and before long his Epo-1 had picked up greatly in speed. It was a fast ship, one that was difficult to control without Jedi instincts. That aspect really got the adrenaline pumping in the padawan's system. He couldn't resist the thrill of flying such an wild ship.

His skill would be put to the test though. Before long, as he got to the vine that marked out the course, the first obstacle came into view. Smaller hanging vines that clung to a large vine that passed overhead, swaying in the breeze. they were spread out, but large enough to do significant damage to the vessel should contact be made. This first stretch would be a make or break moment, and Shem couldn't contain his excitement.

"Let's do this!"

Roll 1: 7 (-1 for Hanging Grotto)

Total: 6

Wearing: robes (red twi'lek not blue)
Tags: Shem Spinner Shem Spinner | Shem Spinner Shem Spinner
Side kick: racyon kit "pip" (will sub later if that's alright or required)
Ryana had practiced ship flying in her free time while under igrattas thumb being one of his more prized possessions she got more luxuries than most but not many one of which was training to fly partially Incase something happened to his pilots and Because she wanted to learn how. She wasn't a crack shot pilot like most here but she could hold her own as she walked up to the pilot seat there sat pip he looked at her as she gave him an angry motherly look.

She was sure she left him with one of the temple guards that was around how he got in let alone beat her here confused her as he sat there she picked him up and as she sat down she st him on her lap and strapped him to her "no squirming pip I'll need to concentrate" she said as she took off the young racyon kit squealed almost sounding happy as they came up to the first bend she took it smoothly she felt her blood race as she hit the throttle as she got onto the vine that marked the start as she noticed the smaller vines hanging up above that swing with the breeze she noticed another speeder just above as she began swerving through vines.
Roll 1: 8(minus 1 for hanging grotto) Total:7

Last edited:

// Padawan Lowe //
//
Sellia II //
//
Objective // Win the Race //
//
Focus // OPEN //

The young Echani's pale eyes bloomed as the ship descended from the atmosphere into the writhing vines that made up the surface of Sellia, long strands of brown and green weaving in and out of clouds and stone. Ayra had always been accustomed to the sight and sound of cities and metal throughout her travels, only occasionally escaping temporarily for some reason or another.

On a technical level this was no different, she supposed.

Part of the young Jedi wondered why she was here, she was hardly the most competitive of her peers and lacked any grandiose plans of living up to past Jedi pilots like Master Skywalker. Coming to a random planet to test out a new ship hadn't been the most thrilling idea. But the sight of the world quickly changed that, outlining the vines with the movement of her finger as a smile slowly crept along her face.

It didn't take much beyond that for her to arrive at her racer, one of Jasper Kai'el's new test ships. Ayra wasn't overly familiar with Jedi interceptor's, but her upbringing in the Lowe Estate prepared her well enough to have a decent idea of what she was in for.

"Alright let's do this." Ayra addressed to the astromech in the back, an impatient whirring the only response she would receive.

Pressing into the throttle, the vessel bolted forward as she was thrown back in the seat. The power of it took the girl by surprise, but luckily she had enough time to adjust before she hit the course's first obstacle, a drape of hanging vines. Her blue eyes darted around, hoping to find a path of least resistance.

Racing.png
  • Sellia II
  • Sellia Training Course
  • Tags — Lao-ta Lao-ta | [ _CLOSED| ]
Niynx caught himself clenching as the Epo-1 Starfighter's transparisteel canopy vacuum sealed around him, confining him to the ship's cockpit. Keying the main power-line with an initiation sequence, the interceptor's holographic interface flickered to life around him and began running through a series of automatic pre-flight checks. Repulsorlift engines came online with a hum, lurching his stomach with the adjoining shift in gravity.
"Flight controls, rear stabilizers," he mumbled to himself, locating each device within arm's length.
"Those'll be useful," he knew, considering the differences between atmospheric flight and the same thing in space.

Rerouting all power ordinarily reserved for ship-wide offensive capabilities and rear shielding, he elected to flush it instead toward all front-facing shields, a pilots trick to reduce atmospheric drag and improve maneuverability.
"Alright," he thought aloud.
"I can do this!"

Keying the comms to Lao-ta's own starship, behind his, Niynx grinned with a confidence he only half felt.

<< Comms check. 'Lucky Underdog' to the 'Burnout,' do you read me? Burnout, do you read me? Over—! kKkkkzz >>

Sellia II
Sellia Training Course
Closed

Lao-ta Unbari powered up the EPO-1 and took a moment to appreciate the hum of the engines before engaging the repulsorlifts and taking to the air. She smiled as the voice of her padawan came across the comms. She sighed and rolled her eyes before responding.
<<Lucky Underdog this is Burnout approaching the starting point. Count us down when you're ready.>>

Burnout? Was he implying she worked too much? She knew how to have fun. She'd show him how to really fly.

Niynx Ioune Niynx Ioune

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

A new ship to be tested out. Kahlil hummed a little as he went over the controls, fixed up the seat, got himself comfortable. He was much taller than the average person, so he had to do a little finagling. Thankfully not much. He raised a brow curiously though as he glanced towards the nearby ship where Valery currently was piloting. Was she trash talking him? He laughed, glancing briefly towards where Vera and the triplets were.

<You shouldn't talk like that in front of Vera. When you loose you'll just look more like a fool.>

Then the race started. He didn't waste any time, pushing forward on his controls to take off like a bullet towards the Hanging Grotto. An obsitcle course right away, before they could get a real feeling for the ships? That only made this more difficult.

Good.

He didn't slow, instead spinning through and leaning on his own instincts. This was going to be fun.

Roll 1: 4 (-1 for Grotto)
Total: 3

Sellia II
Tags: Open

Loomi_divider.png

Loomi wasn't engaging very much with the social event at the Sellian Praxeum. She had already decided against participating in the pseudo-race that was intended to test the order's new starfighter. Her reasoning? Nerves, really. Her master was still in and out of the halls of healing, and it seemed that her own fragile mind kept being pushed in ways it shouldn't. She just needed some time to relax.

But here she was, gazing out at the Sellian Training Course from the Praxeum's balcony with nobody to talk to. The Godoan used to have no trouble introducing herself, or at least when she first arrived at the temple on Coruscant that was the case. Slowly she seemed to shy away from people, becoming more and more self-conscious about how she may appear to others. What would people think of her if they knew? Loomi had been so eager for her memories to return, but now she wished they hadn't. The context shifted everything about her, making her original amnesiac state seem almost disingenuous. A shell of a person.

"I've not been to many social events in my life, but most of them were usually lively."

A new voice had arrived. Loomi did a bit of a startled turn, her eye settling on a large bird-man with brown plumage and an ornate blue cape.

"Ah, apologies," the Rishii added with a bow. "I suppose I didn't make my intentions clear. You seemed a bit lost in thought. I find letting thoughts fester in silence can be... unhealthy. My name is Yulon. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Loomi wanted to protest what he had said, but the man spoke in such a calming manner she couldn't bring herself to. She sighed, turning back to the course.

"I'm Loomi," she introduced herself. "You're... one of the Rishii flock, right?"

"I am indeed," Yulon nodded. "I'm their leader, actually, though it's more a formality than anything. We don't usually travel, but the Jedi have been greatly helpful in our migration to Sellia I, and..." The bird turned out to the course as well, his blue eyes narrowing on something in the distance that Loomi couldn't quite see herself. "My son is out there today."

Son? Something about the mention of family made him seem more approachable. Why? Loomi never had a family, not one that she remembered.

"That sounds lovely," the Godoan remarked. "I'm sure your son is thrilled."

He certainly seemed a caring father.

• Padawan Pavond
  • Sellia II
  • Outfit (ignore the saber)

Shan watched from the side up in the balcony, watching the other Jedi climbing into the ships. Part of him was debating why he had even came. He didn't know the first thing about piloting a ship, which would probably have made his parents disappointed in him...Though Shan never really did talk to them after he had left Nar Shaddaa.

It wasn't like he didn't have something else to do right now. The young Padawan could be off training or meditating to try and learn something new but he had to remind himself that life wasn't just about learning. Sometimes you need to take a break and that's what he was doing now. Standing back to watch the pilots and the race, allowing himself some time to relax.

His eyes travelled over the area around him to see what he could notice about the people around him whilst he was waiting for the race to properly get started. It seemed like a nice enough gathering though that didn't mean Shan was going to attempt to be social. Just watching as various people talked away to each other, though doing his best not to eavesdrop on any of the conversations. He wasn't going to be that rude as he turned his attention back over towards the ships, leaning against the balcony as he focused on his own thoughts.

Sellian Training Course
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Tag:
Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Closed

<The kids can't hear us, so I'll talk smack as much as I want~> she said with another smug grin meant just for him. All that Vera and the Triplets could see were their parents ready to compete in a spectacular race, and all they could hear were the engines roaring and the ships flying by.

They loved it, like the true Nobles that they are.

The countdown then started, and much like Kahlil, Valery blasted off like a bullet, hoping to already gain some distance from him at the very start. It was likely that if this race began with obstacles, that the rest of the track would be even more challenging. The quicker she could gain an advantage, the better.

<Hey babe? Can you inspect my exhaust port when I overtake you? Have to be quick though, cus I'm leaving you behind~> Valery said with a smirk as pushed down on the accelerator just a little more, while she spun and maneuvered to not crash at the very beginning already.

Meanwhile.

"Woah! They're going so fast!" Vera called out, as she bounced in her seat. The triplets just laughed, squealed and flailed along to the joy of their big sister, and Vera was very proud of them for it. The sooner they'd start appreciating pure Noble chaos, the better, after all.

But as Vera looked around for a moment, she spotted other Jedi she had seen in the Temple. Why weren't they going participate in the races, she wondered? With that question, she briefly left her siblings alone with the guards, and approached Shan Pavond Shan Pavond . She offered him a wave, and giggled, "Hello! I'm Vera! Uh... Initiate Noble!" she said, her multi-colored eyes staring straight into his soul.

"Why are you not racing?"

Roll: 10 but -1 for first part (9)
Current total: 9

• Padawan Pavond
  • Sellia II
  • Outfit (ignore the saber)

A small voice snapped Shan out of his thoughts, glancing over towards Vera and raising an eyebrow ever so slightly in her direction. Her eyes made her ever so slightly intimidating to Shan before she mentioned initiate Noble. "Noble? Like...Master Valery and Master Kahlil? And I'm...Padawan Pavond, but you can call me Shan if you want." He hadn't expected that, though it was an interesting event if he thought about it. Meeting more of the Noble family wasn't something he had expected whilst watching the pilots, but then she asked why he wasn't racing and the Padawan just gave a small awkward chuckle.

"I don't know the first thing about flying a ship. Apart from the fact that you want to go forward, and not backwards. I'd probably end up crashing and I would rather not do that right now. I'm just happy to stand here and watch other people having fun. Since at the end of the day that's what's important, making sure other people are happy." He shrugged his shoulders and just kept a little grin on his face.

Shan just went quiet for a moment...before shaking his head at his thought, smiling back down at the Initiate. "It's always nicer to me to take a step back anyway. It lets you take in more information than just being in the middle of things. So whilst I don't know how to pilot myself, I can still how capable the ships are from watching and how fast they can go." Part of him hoped that he wasn't talking too much for Vera. He wasn't exactly...great at speaking to those younger than himself after all.

Sellia II
Tags: Shan Pavond Shan Pavond , Valery Noble Valery Noble

Loomi_divider.png

"He was quite excited when I arrived," Yulon confirmed. "I haven't been able to see him recently I'm afraid. Migrating our flock has taken up much of my time."

The Rishii cocked his head, glancing over at a nearby interaction, and Loomi's gaze naturally followed. It was the Noble's eldest daughter. Vera, right? She had met Master Noble, who was a very kind woman from what she could tell. That didn't raise her confidence to go introduce herself though.

"You're quite alright to go talk to them," the Rishii insisted. "I am a rather uninteresting fellow I'm afraid..."

"I... well..." Loomi began, struggling to find a protest.

"Connections are vital for survival," the chieftain explained. "Not just for the body, but the mind and spirit. Come. I'll go with you."

"Y-yeah," the padawan nodded. "Okay."

At least she wasn't going alone, and the gentle nature of the Rishii chieftain was certainly reassuring. It made sense why his flock chose to follow him, at least if his apparent wisdom was anything to go off of. The man seemed almost Jedi-like. Perhaps he could have been one in another life, just like his son. Regardless, the two did make their way over to the Mirialan boy and the daughter of Valery.

"It lets you take in more information than just being in the middle of things. So whilst I don't know how to pilot myself, I can still how capable the ships are from watching and how fast they can go."

"Perhaps that's true for some instances," Yulon was quick to add, "But there's also merit to applying one's self to something unfamiliar. The greatest lessons are those often thrust upon us in the moment." Before long, the Rishii warrior let out a chuckle. "Sorry, I should've introduced myself first. You'd think I'm nearing elderhood. I'm Yulon, and my friend here is..."

The bird gave a nudge, to which Loomi stepped forward, still rather flustered.

"Loomi," she introduced. "I don't think I've met either of you before."

"This is all new to myself as well," the Rishii shrugged. "I'm afraid that all this Jedi business is a bit beyond my comprehension... Perhaps I am getting old..."

Racing.png
  • Sellia II
  • Sellia Training Course
Niynx snickered from the confines of his own cockpit as his small fingers danced through all final adjustments. Slowly, he began to exaggerate the thruster module, bringing ship engines into prime readiness and sliding forward towards the hangar's exit.

<< Roger that! >> Niynx said, re-opening the comms and still animated by the playfulness of giggles.
<< Initiating count down. 3... 2... 1! >>

Niynx punched the engines and was nearly plastered to his seat for doing so. G-force nearly crushed him, and he let out a shriek of private excitement. Sellia II's wide open air looked even more beautiful from out here than it had in the hangar's observational ports, massive lengths of vegetation crawling and spiraling across his vision. Keying navigation and dragging an overlay with sensor data, he began to locate the course's main obstacles. First checkpoint, the Hanging Grotto.

At blistering speeds, he dashed offward and upwards, the Epo-1 dancing through a series of preliminary, albeit showy, loops and twirls. He was no Ace, never had been, but in such a wide open space with nothing but open air around him, and with a ship like this one besides? No, it wouldn't do to merely fly straight.

Tag: open
Dress: robes
Ryana smiled as pip squealed happily in her lap as she drove through the first hurdle without much problem as she mad it to the second part of the course she began driving through. When a vine she didn't see caught the wing of her plane and she spun out no other pilots where around gladly as the fighter began to crash she wrapped herself around the racyon as they crashed she slammed into the console breaking her arm otherwise no further injuries to report she saw a medical team coming quickly. As she opened the cockpit the racyon was fine as she unbuckled herself and the racyon who was shaking but unhurt she walked out holding the little guy in her one arm as her other arm hung there she was escorted to the local medical facilities.

Last edited:

// Padawan Lowe //
//
Sellia II //
//
Objective // Win the Race //
//
Focus // OPEN //

Even though Ayra was hardly an experienced pilot, she knew that her time through the vines wouldn't turn any heads. Trusting in the force as much as she could, it was difficult to believe in something she couldn't see when the hanging vines rushed towards her seemed a touch more real in the moment. The Echani eased up on the speed to ensure her safety more than any record-setting times.

Teeth chewed at her lips as she cleared the brush, frustrated as her own restraint.

The Padawan's competitiveness had begun a slow burn as her previous thoughts of apathy towards the result was atrophied by frustration at her performance. Luckily enough the hanging vines that caused her issues grew thicker, but more sparse. Room obvious enough to lead to a path where she could put the throttle of the newly constructed Jedi Interceptor.

First Roll: 5 (6 - 1)
Second Roll: 16

Total: 21

Sellia II
Tags: Ryana mina Ryana mina , Open

bird_boi_sig.png

Goldwing, Epo-1, R5-T399

"See?" Shem called back to his astromech. "We're fiiiine. I got it all under control."

They cleared the Hanging Grotto, though Tepp was quick to point out that the fledgling had been cutting it close in a few sections. Shem, of course, knew this was true. What mattered was that he was through, even if he wasn't making the best time. The boy was no ace pilot after all. He was just here to put on a good showing.

"Relax a little," the boy continued. "I need you're head in the game here. We're coming up on the Vinetree Tangle."

A more forested section of the run, tree like vines growing out of the larger vine that marked the course. All of the plant life was strange here, unlike anything that Shem had ever seen before. It was really cool, and the fledgling figured he'd want to explore the place a little bit more when he got the time. The path ahead was far more clear. He was ready to go for the second leg.

He could feel his father even now, off at the Jedi Praxeum. That was enough to give the boy a boost of motivation.

Roll 1: 7 (-1 for Hanging Grotto)

Roll 2: 4

Total: 11

Sellia II
Sellia Training Course
Closed

<< Initiating count down. 3... 2... 1! >>
Lao-ta opened the throttle and felt her weight pushed back into her seat. She felt a familiar thrill as the craft vibrated from the atmospheric resistance.
She rolled the small craft through two tight loops before banking towards the grotto. The interceptor dipped and swerved as she maneuvered it to dodge the massive vines. Racing was always exhilarating. She noticed Niynx had begun to pull ahead.
<<Lucky underdog is right, but don't let it go to your head. Watch your left.>> Lao-ta adjusted slightly in an attempt to pass the padawan.

Roll 1 (Hanging Grotto -1): 18

Last edited:
Racing.png
  • Sellia II
  • Sellia Training Course
"Hahaaaa— yipppeeee— uhhwhoa—!?!" Niynx's Epo-1 jigged right in a sudden and abrasive maneuver. He clipped vines and hanging debris. Swiveling nevertheless, he burst free from the Hanging Grotto and sent a shower of small vines and twigs exploding outward with him. He keyed comms.

<< Yes, Master! >> He admitted.
<< Good call, Master. >>

Before them lay the Vinetree Tangle. Glancing over his dashboard, he checked that all systems were showing green and smiled. Behind him, Master Lao-ta was keeping a tight shadow, ducking and weaving with a sense of grace Niynx could only pretend at. The Order's Jedi Aces were thought to be nothing short of miraculous in the cockpit of a starfighter, and he could see why.
"Nothing to it then," he mumbled to himself, clenching his jaw.
"Let's see how you like... this!"

Sellia II
Sellia Training Course
Niynx Ioune Niynx Ioune
Closed

Lao-ta eased off as it became clear she wouldn't make the pass. Niynx was holding her off surprisingly well. She couldn't quite edge her way past.
<<Great job! But the race isn't over!>> As they approached Vinetree tangle she pushed her fighter to the opposite side of the other Epo-1 and made to pass again. If the padawan was going to win this she wanted to sure he had to work for it.

Roll 1 (Hanging Grotto -1): 18
Roll 2 (Vinetree Tangle +0): 9
Total: 27

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom