Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bug Images on Phone

Evening!

Here’s a fun issue I’m having on my iPhone. I rarely access Chaos on my phone so it’s not the most major issue but it’s mildly annoying. I’ve tried clearing cookies and the cache etc and it’s not fixed the issue. Images are just not loading and instead showing as a ?

I’ve attached a screenshot so you can see what I mean easier.

Short Description: Images are just not loading and instead showing as a ?
Browser: Chrome
Severity: All of my characters only when using my phone.
Description: Images are just not loading and instead showing as a ?. I can't offer much more than that unfortunately. It's every image on Chaos. I've tried clearing cookies and the cache etc and it's not fixed the issue.
Screenshots: See attached.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_0158.png
    IMG_0158.png
    471.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
link to a thread where this is happening

Every thread I go into where images are used. A great example is the character page of Kaivaan Kaivaan where it literally all just appears as question marks as seen below.

That biography can be found here. The original example I used was here. The factory and codex in general are also great examples as a lot of pictures are used in most threads down there and I can see precisely none of them.

Tefka Tefka

Attachments

• IMG_0154.jpg
    IMG_0154.jpg
    438.2 KB · Views: 4
Morning!

To add onto this, I’ve just been clearing through my @‘d messages on my phone whilst I had chaos open and I’ve come across a codex submission which appears to be half working, with some images showing however a lot of them still not.

It’s all very odd and I’ll link that thread here with a quick screenshot attached of the issue as per the rest of my posts.

EDIT - I’ve also just been informed by a third party that potentially Dresden Dresden is having this same issue however I’ve been unable to confirm for certain if this is the case.

Tefka Tefka

Attachments

• IMG_0160.png
    IMG_0160.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Yeah, this is the first thing I tried cause it’s normally the fix to most problems.

At least you’ve been able to recreate it on iPhone. Good luck fixing it, hope it’s not too difficult or annoying!

I’ll be real, I had seen it before, so I knew it wasnt just you. The only thing I know right now, the issue follows Chrome. The issue did not replicate on my iphone on Firefox.

But I too am a Chrome boi. I dunno, this one’s got me puzzled.

I’ll be real, I had seen it before, so I knew it wasnt just you. The only thing I know right now, the issue follows Chrome. The issue did not replicate on my iphone on Firefox.

But I too am a Chrome boi. I dunno, this one’s got me puzzled.

Yeah I can't replicate it on any other browser. Nor on any other device. I'm half tempted to break out my iPad and try it on that but it works absolutely fine on Chrome and Safari on my Macbook and Chrome on my partners Windows PC.

Weird one. Has Chrome updated recently at all maybe?

It’s been doing it to be on Safari mobile for a while. I thought it was just old discord images that lost their hosting but I’m guessing now it’s not. :/

Well, all three browsers have updated recently, and imgur has a history of messing around and blocking stuff. I notice most of the images im seeing are .png, i would advise using jpegs when you can…

For now ill give the issue some time, probably a couple of weeks. We didn’t change anything. Doesn’t seem like its us blocking it - the image, when opened directly in chrome on iphone, also does not display. This rules out Chaos as the culprit.

They’re probably trying to pull a Discord, but I dont think they’ll find it possible to do so. Either way, it seems like its not my problem to solve.

I think you are right because I’m trying to read about mantilla veiling on a different website and the images are just “?” there too. I don’t think it’s Chaos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom