Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Infamy on The Holo

I've heard something about Infamy on The Holo? What is this?
Infamy on The Holo, or IOTH, is a way for writers to track the exploits of their characters on the more illegal side of the Holonet. All characters start with 0 infamy, and can reach up to 100, where they are considered to be an extremely high profile individual on The Holo. Naturally this infamy could translate to more interactions with law enforcement. On the flip side of reaching 100 infamy, characters can also receive negative infamy, to the cap of -50.

How much infamy can I get or lose for a thread?
A character can potentially gain 5 Infamy or lose 3 infamy in any one thread.

How is IOTH calculated?
Infamy gained or lost is calculated by the length of your thread, the content of the thread, and the outcome of it.
  • A thread that has reached at least the first post of its third page is considered eligible for the maximum amount of infamy gained or lost in that thread.
  • Threads involving three or more writers will immediately generate 2 IOTH for all involved.
  • Threads with a favorable outcome (your character has achieved their goal/etcetera) will generate positive IOTH
  • Threads with an unfavorable outcome (your character has failed to achieve their goal/etcetera) will generate negative IOTH

Will I ever lose IOTH automatically?
Once a character has first reached a point beyond 10 infamy, IOTH will decay on the first day of every month by 10 points. This is to encourage activity, and to allow for a sense of realism - if your character is less active on The Holo, they will become less infamous as a result.

How is IOTH tracked?
This thread.
IF THERE ARE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS ABOUT INFAMY ON THE HOLO, PLEASE POST THEM HERE AS OPPOSED TO THE FAQ THREAD.
Thankyou.

My character has 3 personas / Presences within the holonet which he keeps very secret. I would be hoping i could maintain 2 at 100, and the other at -50. Would that be possible?

Also, would work put in per post be counted towards your Infamy? Like, many people i've seen around post like 2-500 word posts. While I tend to post somewhere around 1-2000 word posts. So naturally i tend to have fewer posts, but much more content than some threads in just 3-4 posts.

Would that be meaningful?

[member="Orphen"]

My character has 3 personas / Presences within the holonet which he keeps very secret. I would be hoping i could maintain 2 at 100, and the other at -50. Would that be possible?

Yes. If you specifically made note of it in your posts which handle you were using, it's fine to do this so long as you specify in your posts what handle/persona/presence/whatever you want to call it is being used for those actions.

Also, would work put in per post be counted towards your Infamy? Like, many people i've seen around post like 2-500 word posts. While I tend to post somewhere around 1-2000 word posts.

Post content does go somewhat towards infamy, but it's not the be all end all. Naturally better post content is more likely to be a better read, and it's good to reward things like that, but I can't really discriminate against people who prefer to post less - at the end of the day, it's personal choice how much you choose to type.

TLDR? It's a factor, but not the biggest one in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom