Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LFG Interest Check: Monthly/Bi-Monthly Treasure Hunts

Hello folks!

It's that time for my half-baked ideas that somehow manage to work one way or another.

Todays Subject: Treasure Hunting!

Intent: Create a community driven event based around hunting (PVP, World-Building, Puzzles, etc.) for rare and unique items.

Additional: It is very important to note that none of these will be canon items. The reason is simple, there aren't really canon items anymore. So, what would be the purpose besides a good story? Perhaps we create unique items that can enhance your Force connection, allow you to see in different spectrums, etc. You know!? Like little flavor enhancers to the story. I will seek to gain Staff permission on bigger events but this is really more for people who don't center themselves around the Map Game.

Who is Welcome? Everyone, this would be considered a Sanctuary type thread and all that means is - PVP is permitted within the parameters but will not allow people to engage one and another because of Faction stance. tl;dr - Leave your grievances at the door.

You mentioned Rewards? I did, and rewards will be abound. These rewards will range from something for your Forum flair (Signature block only, can't make Admins add anything.) up to customized items.

Credit: Ashin Cardé Varanin Ashin Cardé Varanin was one of the original people that I recall doing this a few years back and it often yielded pleasant results for all involved.

Last edited:
Additional, Additional: Something else that crossed my mind was interlinking Hunts. Example: Treasure Hunt A will contain something for Treasure Hunt C, while Treasure Hunt B may provide something for solo/extended use.

Additional, Additional, Additional: I swear, it'll get long if I don't just edit these things.

--breaths out a sigh of relief--

That being said, I was looking at maybe making them thematic at times - maybe you get dimensionally shifted or it's Life-Day themed, or whatever.

Welp, some will have objectives that are PVP based in nature but it won't be rooted in Faction grievances or because "Jedi is there, I'm a Sith - attack!" No, the treasure should take center stage with the story - not petty squabbles over ideology.

So pretty much, in lamest terms, PVP is strictly tied to the story itself and stems from nothing outside of it. Am I understanding that right? ( I hope I did.)
You bantha poo-doo's ready to get up to some no-good?

[ Love this idea ]

I also like this idea too. Fits with what we originally were looking for and doesn't appear too complicated. The only thing I worry about is the hunts becoming repetitive. I've done something like this before and found myself struggling, even with group help. Trying not to always make it a hidden temple with traps is rather challenging some times. XD

That said, I do have ideas about the actual story itself. I'm just debating on listing them here or in a personal message or discord.

Ashin Cardé Varanin

Couple bodies in the garden where the grass grows
Love it. I'd suggest junking the pvp restriction, though, for three reasons based on the 30+ Weekend Treasure Hunts:
  • The objectives tend to give enough incentive for emergent conflicts and surprising alliances/truces - carrot, not stick.
  • Restricting how characters can react naturally to situations neuters the anything-can-happen sandbox nature of a good treasure hunt.
  • Ideally, it's extremely rare that you'll need to enforce, adjudicate, or control anything to do with the thread. Set it up to run by itself no matter how far it diverges from your expectations.
Can't wait to see treasure hunts happen - would like to participate in one for once lol

L Long Gone

Love it. I'd suggest junking the pvp restriction, though, for three reasons based on the 30+ Weekend Treasure Hunts:
  • The objectives tend to give enough incentive for emergent conflicts and surprising alliances/truces - carrot, not stick.
  • Restricting how characters can react naturally to situations neuters the anything-can-happen sandbox nature of a good treasure hunt.
  • Ideally, it's extremely rare that you'll need to enforce, adjudicate, or control anything to do with the thread. Set it up to run by itself no matter how far it diverges from your expectations.
Can't wait to see treasure hunts happen - would like to participate in one for once lol

L Long Gone

Wonderful suggestion! Noted and PVP restrictions will be tossed, allowing for more organic and seamless interactions. I apologize if anyone felt the intent was to restrict. It was more to limit negativity but he brings up a solid point.

Any other recommendations?

Looking to plan the first two in the first four months of 2021. Might be delayed initially until Codex and Factory are done with holiday time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom