Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private It's Called Fashion Sweetie

Huila Station | Centrality | Chi Chuchi Chi Chuchi
18c92ac67fbb658e03ccc27214a0da5e.jpg

Only Perise would wear a floral dress with combat boots.

The budding fashionista had her own style, one that revolved around her beloved boots. She had conned Myra Elspeth Arceneau Myra Elspeth Arceneau into buying her several pairs, including a fall-themed pair she had quite convincingly obtained after making an argument that she had to start on her fall wardrobe immediately.

Never mind she still needed key summer looks.

Which is why she was headed to the Che Chuchi Boutique today. A mobile fashion lovers dream, Persephone followed the boutique on all social media and was excited once they had announced they were coming to the Centrality Region.

With as much rebuilding that was going on in the area, several businesses had been drawn to explore the scarred region.

When Persie found out she immediately burst into Makky's and Myra's bedroom, launching into a massive explanation of why she had to go and how she would just die if they didn't let her go.

Oh, and how she needed one of their credcards too.

Persie had timed it perfectly ; Makky had been half-asleep watching graviball and Myra had been reading a romance novel. Both had been too tired to really protest and putting the couple on the spot in their pajamas in the late evening prevented any real debate. Persie was positive Myra had a real soft spot for her anyway.

Could she get away with it again? Maybe. There was a fashion show she wanted to attend in the Core, and the young teenager was going to have to find a way to butter up her guardians.

But first ; shopping spree.

Booking a private shopping experience and armed with Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell 's credcard, the young girl walked into the boutique.

Only two feet inside the door and the experience was already perfect. A theme park for a fashion obsessed young teen.

"Hello?"

Chi was in a paradox. Most of her high-ticket items had suddenly sold in a whirlwind of activity leaving little behind to display, yet earning her a tidy sum. Now she found herself in the position of a shop having sold most of its inventory with little time to replace it. Closing down and taking time to replenish would have been the right call of course, but she loathed to risk the sudden momentum of the Boutique. And while many of the pre-made single run items were gone, at its core the shop was there to produce bespoke fashion and goods at request to the customer's specifications, and she didn't need existing stock to do that.

That's how she found herself docked in one of the nicer, or at least cleaner, bays in Huila Station with the rose on cream upholstered reception room's outer door open for a last-minute client, tastefully spares orichalc gilding glinting under the warm lighting. She'd chosen to wear a simple dress of green with a black wrap belted high up her waist. With her arms mostly bare it gave her what she hoped was a look of casual elegance that would match expectations and not out-dress a potential client.

Slightly startled at the "Hello?" Chi looked up at her guest with a smile as she pulled the ribbon around to mark the place in the book that had held her attention, setting it aside as she rose. Even without the recognition program in her contacts, she recognized the young woman standing before her from the holo pictures she'd found when screening her.
"Hello Persephone, how are you doing this fine day?" She held out a delicate and well manicured hand to the girl in greeting.

Persephone Dashiell Persephone Dashiell

Its her! I'm actually going to shake her hand!

Brash and bold, Persie rarely was concerned about how others viewed her. She was also typically not nervous in most situations. Concerned, but never nervous. Right now she was both. Even her hands were starting to sweat. In the eyes of the young teen girl, Chi Chuchi Chi Chuchi was a celebrity. One who had come to her little corner of the galaxy.

Instead of a brisk shake and death grip,Persie took the womans hand and gave a gentle shake of greeting, trying to be delicate and feminine with the movement. Myra had been working with her, along with her rigid and no nonsense Governess. Persie was the definition of a bull in a china shop at times and she was working hard to change that perception of her.

"Fine, Miss Chuchi. Its real nice to meet yous. How are yous?"

Backwater, uneducated accent was coming out to her nervousness. Another thing her guardians had been helping her work on. Persie wasn't trying to change everything about herself, yet there was a great deal of self-improvement and education occurring with the girl. It was all part of her goal to embrace her new life and become a famous fashion force herself.

"I've been following yous since arriving in the care of Ma-..." Persie almost said Makky and Myra, but quickly corrected herself."...my brother and future sister-in-law. You've gots a real great eye for fashion."

The girl's earnest and plain-faced excitement had Chi breaking into a genuine smile of endearment at what she knew to be more than simple flattery. "I'm doing grand Miss Persephone, but please, I insist you call me Chi. All my friends do." Her warm grip was firm, but soft as well in the clasping of hands.

It was hard not to let Persephone's eagerness infect her as well, but she kept her calm through years of practicing emotional control and diplomatic study. Instead she listened to Persephone chatter on about her family with an interest. Out here she often missed her own dearly and it seemed like their closeness was the exception instead of the rule. It was nice to hear that wasn't always the case.

"Thank you, that's very kind of you to say." She gestured to a comfortable chair as an invitation to take a seat before taking her own again. "It seems you've discovered a style of your own as well." She eyed the matching boots and belt Persephone wore, wanting to draw the conversation naturally to the topic of why she'd come to the boutique.

Last edited:
"Oh, thank yous."

Persephone sat down, settling into the chair and crossing her legs in a lady like fashion. She couldn't believe she was sitting here, with Miss Chuchi, about to discuss fashion.

"Oh...are you sure Miss Chi?"

Even before joining this life, the young teen knew full well not to address adults by their first name. Even when invited to do so. Besides, Chi Chuchi Chi Chuchi was practically a celebrity. No one went up to Skylar Quick, intergalactic super star, and just started chatting like two best friends.

"You can call me Persie, a lot of folks do."

A small pause, sensing they were going to get thr topic at hand : fashion.

"Oh thank yous....uh, I've been really drawn to combat boots. I find them very versatile."

Relax Persie, relax.

"I'm looking fer a few summer pieces. I have a wedding this summer and then picking up the tent poles here and moving outs to a new place...I dos shop year round for all seasons..."

"They can be," Chi agreed about the boots as she listened to Persie's desires. 'Tent poles' threw her for a moment, but she put it down to a euphemism for leaving little behind during the mentioned move.

A droid came and served Persephone tea and then refreshed her own and Chi gathered her thoughts allowed ideas to begin coalescing, speaking again once it had finished. "It sounds like you have three wants and four, possibly five, needs. A few afternoon outfits, something for your brother's wedding, and good traveling clothes. Possible a gift for the newlyweds as well?"

Chi wasn't going to try and sell a kid on armor or some of her more high-tech gear, but that didn't mean she wouldn't try her utmost to get the girl the best she could do for her. She eyed up the Human across from her, Persie was likely still in her growing years, anything made for her would benefit from being easily let out as well.

Tea service was foreign to her. Makky and Myra hadn't gotten to this point in her refinement education. All she knew was they had went to a real fancy restaurant one evening as a family and after caf had been served. Persie drank caf in the morning. Perhaps this was something similar, just seemingly more...refined?

Either way, she took a small sip, listening as Miss Chi outlined some thoughts on why she was here to shop. The fashion designer had a clear and good grasp on why.

"Yes....uh...for the weddin' I think I am the best man....or what would be? The best sister? Either ways, I'll be standing up there too. A feminine tux is what I had been thinkin' .I think it could be cute. You are very, very fashionable and I trust what direction you could send me in. Something Myra would approve of. Its her day."

Persie was starting to relax, although her saucer was shaking slightly. The young teen wasn't used to these types of situations yet. Rummaging around like a street urchin? Swindling drunks out of a few credits to grab snack? All she could handle. These formal situations were such a minefield for her still.

"Gift for Makky and Myra?" Eyes went wide, as if she hadn't thought of such a thing yet. Of course, the young couple wouldn't care, but now it brought up a concern the teenager didn't have before. "What'da get newlyweds?!"

Chi Chuchi Chi Chuchi

She was doing her best not to smile as the poor girl had a little freak out. "Something that says I'm proud to be your sister and welcomes the new person into the family. Normally you might pick something that helps the newlyweds start a life or home together, though I understand they might not need anything of that nature. Perhaps something more personal or meaningful?" She paused thinking, most of her pre-screening had ben on the family in general and if Persephone was afforded the funds to afford her Boutique, not the upcoming nuptials.

A finger went up as a thought occurred to her. "Do they share any activity or sport? Perhaps something that offers them an adventure. Or that would be nice to have where they're honeymooning?" She had a few ideas, but wanted to see if Persephone had any insights, she knew her family infinitely better than the Pantoran knew them. She enjoyed a long sip of her freshly hot tea before setting the cup on the saucer she held in her lap.

"As for the Tux, I'll need to know a few things, if there's a theme, colors, bridesmaids dresses, groomsmen. Ah, if you're giving a speech! I won't write one for you, but I'll make it the easiest thing you've ever done if its expected."

Having come to the boutique for some fashion talk, Persephone was completely unprepared to talk wedding business. There wasn't much she knew at this point due to a number of factors. First she was new to the family, which Miss Chi would not know due to the crafted story. Secondly, Persie knew Makky and Myra had surprised the family by getting married so quickly.

Details were still being hammered together despite not having long to decide.

Shared activities?! Now she was really under the gun. Mind drifted back to the holos that were on display around the penthouse, trying to remember what she saw on those younger images.

A sip of tea before answering.

"Uhm.. they surf...boating, I think." There was a small pause. "Theys drink wine almost every night.."

Eyes went wide again.

"There's a speech?! No one told me about a speech..."

Maybe this entire standin' up with Makky thing wasn't a good idea.

"... I don't knows any details...uh.. Makky is wearing a tux. It's going to be small, at a farm...it will be summer..."

Chi Chuchi Chi Chuchi

Last edited:
Leaning forward, Chi laid a gentle hand on Persephone's knee, "Relax hon, we're just brainstorming here. All I need is the planner's comm code and for you to let them know its okay to share some of the details with me, they'll know the rest. And if no one told you to do a speech, they're not expecting to put you through that." If the venue was a farm in the summer that likely meant it was outdoors, that gave her a solid place to start.

Surf boating was a new one to her but maybe she could work something out with it? Not that Persephone had asked her to make gifts for them... Best to move off the topic of the wedding though.

"Let's not worry about it for now Persie. It's one afternoon and a ways off. No sense in getting worked up about someone else's big day. How about you tell me what it is you look for in a piece of clothing?" Knowing what the girl preferred would help her in putting together a few outfits, if everything should have pockets, or be button up, maybe she only wore loose tops.

"Oh..okay..."

Persephone was still on edge. The planners comm code? Was there a planner? Most planning she had seen was Makky and Myra sittin' around at breakfast, deciding things on their own. Maybe there was one and she just wasn't privy to such information.

At least now the talk was turning to fashion, the real reason she had come. It was a much more safer and easier subject to navigate, one where she knew many more details.

"I think it depends. Uhm, you knows that social media app...ZikZok? I saw somethin' where it says to describe your fashion in three words."

Persephone stopped to take a sip of tea, relaxing more now. She was still nervous about being in the presence of Miss Chi but at least it was focused on all things fashion now.

"My three words is playful, trend-driven, and cool. Uhmm...I like to see what others wear, like yourself...very beautiful....but alsos turn it into my own. I don't like to copy...what do you call that...but be inspired?"

A small pause.

"I want others to say the same when they look at me."

Chi Chuchi Chi Chuchi

The mention of the social media app brought a slight tightening to Chi's lips, but she let the girl continue. The program usually didn't have depth and reminded her of popcorn, entertaining for the moment, but forgotten and leaving you waiting for the next piece a moment later.

Playful was good, as was wanting to make styles her own. Time to use a line of her own she thought. "Trends are just that, here for the day and out of favor the next. True fashion is timeless, a classic in itself. And when you add your own style or flair, it becomes yours, not a costume put on because it looked good on another being from an app."

Persephone was hanging on to Miss Chi's advice with every syllable. Why wouldn't she? Miss Chi was already living her dream of being a fashion icon, designer, and businesswoman. It seemed the older woman had unlocked a formula, not to mention anyone could glance at the Pantoran and see she had a great deal of fashion sense.

A sage nod at the words the woman was imparting on her.

"So...you is saying take classic pieces and add my own flair?"
Brow furrowed, hoping she was following correctly. "'Suppose that could work through accessories and just overall stylin'?"

A sip of the tea, still mulling over the advice she had been given.

"So yous never buy any trendy clothing yourself? Or design a piece based on trends?"

Chi Chuchi Chi Chuchi

"I don't allow trends to dictate what I make myself," she carefully replied. "That said I've had customers dictate what they want and then I can only do my best." Chi leaned back and took up her own tea again, sipping at it to buy a moment of composure. "I'm more meaning that classics are such for a reason and when one understands the underlaying principals, one can apply their own creative ideas. You're already doing so by matching your accessories by color and material, at least with your handbag and boots."

"But there's more to it than that, say lace jabot's were to suddenly be popular and you found them tight around the neck but wore one regardless. You'd find it stuffy and uncomfortable. Or maybe the lace itched against your neck beneath your chin." She paused a moment to let Persie imagine. "You'd be giving off subtle hints that you were uncomfortable all day, and your mood would worsen. Without making the outfit yours, say by switching to a cravat or something that makes you happy, you wont ever be at ease and people will pick up on that. Hence my costume comment. Remember, it takes a moment for an influencer to snap a picture, a few minutes to film a clip, and they have editing software for touch-ups. For us that inner glow has to come naturally and freely for the outing."

Leaning forward again, Chi locked eyes with Persephone, "So, what makes you happy when you dress up?"

Nose crinkled at the idea of lace jabots making a comeback in the fashion world. Persephone knew through her various readings on fashion the jabot was to cover buttons and seams but she still didn't quite see the purpose. The teenager thought a jabot would make someone look like a granny on their deathbed, not stylish or fashionable. Yet she was aware Miss Chi was trying to make a point not to be such a follower, that not wearing what she truly wanted would just sour her mood.

"I understand. That makes sense."

Much like her every present combat boots. Not completely unfashionable but Persie wore them with different outfits to mix up her own style.

"Umm...I like being able'ta express myself through my pieces. Lookin' put together, but also confident? Like I own the room when I walk in....that I can wear what I want and be happy. That I have choices. It makes me happy when I'm put together and pretty...'cause I like things just so's"

Up until a few months ago her choices were vastly limited. Now, being able to cycle through things and experiment meant the teenager was having fun and trying to make her own stamp on things. Thanks to fashion advertisements, she had a good idea of what she liked, longing over glossy holos and fancy window shop displays for years.

Chi Chuchi Chi Chuchi

As a young teen, Chi doubted that Persephone really could look like she owned the room unless it was through 'daddies' money, and that was a look to be avoided. She could however make her look like she belonged or at least deserved to be there. And to satisfy Persephone's desire to make each her own she'd make a few base outfits open to having layers and accessories added depending on mood, setting, or weather. Dresses would be easiest, a light flirty summer dress and a more formal one, something for traveling, and the wedding outfit. Which was a tuxedo. Maybe an additional piece or two.

"I think I have most of what I need," she told the girl. "If you'll just hop into the body scanner, I'll have your measurements. Then I just need some time." With one of her winning smiles, Chi showed the way to the small booth that would run optical lasers over Persephone to build a 3d render of her body.

"So's I passed the test?"

Brows perked up. Apparently she had passed some type of fashion test and was now able to get measurements. Persephone wanted to chat her ear off about fashion and how the woman got into the business and just anything about her life. However, Persie was wise enough to know such a relationship came with time.

Tea cup and saucer was carefully set back down, only then did she rise, smoothing out her dress.

Persie had never seen such a measurement scanner and stepped inside. An interesting machine, one that was going to rotate around her.

"This is sooo cool, like'a custom tailor."

Chi Chuchi Chi Chuchi

Chi almost found herself asking 'what test' but held herself back. Really she'd wanted to get the girl thinking for herself and to tell her what she wanted from Chi rather than what she'd seen on the net. Otherwise she'd be happy with it until she saw something new or she realized that the perfect style as shown on someone else didn't fit her at all.

"You wouldn't believe how handy it is." She agreed as she looked over the scan as it filled in. "By the way, what's your favorite color? Blue would look rather nice on you." She said through the moving scan arms.

Persephone was doing her best not to move during the scan. She wasn't quite sure how the entire thing worked so it was best not to disturb the process. She wondered the limits of a machine ; did it create a model of herself that could model outfits as they became available? Or chose outfits in a database based on her body type? Perhaps she was thinking too far ahead.

"I enjoy periwinkle."
That was a form of blue, so maybe not so far off the mark. "I like blue...almost any color except orange. Uh, don't think it fits my personality an' all...if'in that makes any sense to you. I trust your judgement."

Doing her best to make conversation, Persie continued on.

"Do yous have a favorite color to wear? Like'a signature color?"

Chi Chuchi Chi Chuchi

Che's Boutique itself had orange accenting along the hull, but the rest of Persephone's conversation brought a smile forth. "A nice pink lilac is one of my favorites," She confided and tucked a matching strand of her hair behind an ear. "I like blue too but it's also a difficult color for me to wear for clear reasons." Which was one of the reasons she was happy to use it now.

The machine beeped and the the scanners quieted prompting Chi to offer a hand to her guest to guide her off the low platform. "Okay Persie, your part is all done except the waiting! Arguably the hardest part," she joked. "I'll have some things ready for you by the end of the week."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom