Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Made the Same

annabanner.png

Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla
Some time ago...

FG60c5.png

The bounty hunter glanced around the office, his expression hidden behind a green helmet. His gaze stopped on the pole snake resting in it's brass cage. Shadows of ships painted the room as civilian traffic bustled outside the senate building. Annasari leaned in the chair behind her desk, waiting.

"Nice decor."

"You didn't come here to admire my interior design."

"No, it was your charming personality."

The senator leaned forward, a venomous smile painting her face. Despite whatever attachments there had been, the ghost from the past was not a welcome one- especially not here. It had was levels below that they had met, but times were changed. The galactic alliance was more than a babe, her enemies now farther reaching, and his presence would only spawn questions.

"Tell me what is you want and get out, Tavius."

The Mandalorian simply looked at her before moving to take a seat across.

"That's no way to greet an old friend, senator. Don't forget who you are."

With the speed of a striking snake, his wrist shot out, grabbing her own. She grimaced, attempting to pull back, though his strength far outmatched her own. A nimble finger swept back the black sleeve. The mark under it was still angry, even after so long, as if her own wrath gave it power. Blue eyes locked onto the t-shaped visor, unyielding. The silence roared for what felt like an eternity before a squawk from the door interrupted the standoff. The bounty hunter chuckled and withdrew.

"Maybe you have changed- maybe my present won't please you."

Anna moved to pull her sleeve back, rigid in her chair. Her stare was cold as she waited on any explanation once more. Reaching for his boot, a chip appeared in his hand. He dropped it smugly onto the stack of papers that littered the desk. Anna arched an eyebrow.

"A new addition to the Enclave was made some time ago. A girl. She's like you."

"I'm a lot of things."

"A hybrid." The eyeroll could almost be heard. "Half arkanian. Best of all, she was on Arkania, sniffing around. Looking for information on the underground labs."

Every moment in the senator's life had taught her to hold her face- a client, the public, a constituent, they would all read what they wanted. The art of composure was her gift, and rarely did it fail, but her shock was palpable. A roboticized snort reigned in her mind before it delved into possibilities.

"All the information is on the chip."

The bounty hunter stood, his chair rolling backward. He made a move for the door before the senator interrupted him.

"Wait, your payment?"

Anna shivered beneath the weight of the hidden grin as he gave her a parting look.

"You owe me."

FG60c5.png

NESTAB | TODAY

The storm that covered Nestab had finally let up. The sun offered little respite from the cold, but the sheen on the snow did make for a lovely sight. Anna sighed, pulling away from the window. The burden of her choices left an undeniable weight on her shoulders. The remote location did little to ease her moral conundrum, though her time with Errant proved it was safe enough. She couldn't change the action of Tavius, but she could stop any further encroachment of prying eyes as she figured out what this girl was up to. Annasari had an idea, though she had invited the source directly to the abandoned rebel base to explain. The curiosity had been far too insistent to settle for holonet communications. Sighing, the senator grabbed the thick coat from the rack. The blast doors slid open at her approach. The wind still howled, cutting through her clothing as it blew relentlessly. Perhaps Arkanian heritage was good for something. Pale eyes scanned the sky, looking for her visitor. ​

It was cold out, yet within her Beskar'gam she was warm. She sighed, walking along. So many worlds she held a connection to were snow worlds. As if she minded, Kestri was frigid and she considered it home. Fully clad in black and gold armor, she continued to follow the coordinates she had been given. After so long, finally a lead. She had been given coordinates, and now she was standing at the base of some old ruins. Her boots left footprints in the snow behind her, but they were already being covered by the squall surrounding her. The Mandalorian stood in front of the building doors in eager, nervous anticipation. What if she was being set up for a trap? Could she potentially be captured again? Placed back under a blinding light and chained to a cold medical table? No. She would not let that happen again. She could not! The girl was fully loaded with weaponry. Lightsabers and blaster were all adorned like jewels on the crown that was her full armor. From the comlink in her buy'ce, her astromech reported that he still had her location on the Tauntaun's scanners. She would not go missing in action again.

<<"Thanks, Mini. I'll let you know the moment something happens.">>

With a sigh, she reached for the door and opened it. The mechanical sound whirled as the heavy frames parted, revealing ruined and decaying ruins inside. Frigid and shattered, the dark halls required the inferred vision on her helm to see. Particles of dust floated in the air as she stepped inside, cutting off the bellowing winds behind her. With a hand on her Borealis pistol, she entered the facility. Her repeating blaster bounced on her waistline, and the full Mandalorian armor casted such a looming shadow with The Distant Chill slung over her back. She walked in, and she noticed the person before her.

As opposed to the loads of weaponry and armor Gwyneira wore, the woman before her wore nothing but the elegant clothes on her frame. The dark haired woman had piercing blue eyes, and her expression of interest was a telling sign that she was at the right place. Gwyneira silently scanned for anything else, as well as reaching out with her Force Sense. Nothing. This woman, in these abandoned ruins on a backwater planet, was all alone. The half-breed stood at the doorway, uneasy and jittery. At last, after taking a good look at the woman, she asked that fatal question.

<"Are you the informant I was sent to? Concerning Arkania?">

Annasari Annasari

Last edited:

annabanner.png

Gwyneira Vizsla Gwyneira Vizsla
Some time ago...

FG60c5.png

"An informant?" Annasari sniffed playfully, her face wrinkling with a note of disgust. "I do so hate that term. Let us call it a... mutually benefiting party."

Her eagerness to resolve the mystery drove a sweeping glance over the bounty hunter before she finished. Most of her was physique covered in armor, as was customary for one of a clan, but as her eyes traveled downward, they stopped on the uncovered fingers. Three fingers- a match of her own. A strange relief sent a shiver down her spine. The feeling was not a foreign one- the vast loneliness had receded when she first met Errant, as well. Yet, this was, in a way, far rawer than what she had experienced with a hybrid of another species. After the initial shock had faded, she noticed the arsenal that decorated the girl's form, accompanied by tension in her shoulders.

"Caution is a child of wisdom, they say, but there is no need for weariness here." Annasari gestured to a make-shift desk and seats that she had been working out of since arriving on Nestab. "Please. Some may say secrecy and cunning are my specialties in a boardroom, but when meeting those of- ah, similar humble beginnings, I prefer a more direct approach. If I had wished you harm, you would have known."

Annasari settled into the crisp metal seat, smoothing the coat beneath her jumpsuit. The ghost of a smile danced across her eyes before meeting her lips, her head cocking slightly.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Annasari Vahl, Senator of Jakku, street-rat of Nar Shaddaa, hybrid." A ghostly three-fingered talon extended an offer. "I do not mean to offend, but may I possibly... see your face?"

My face?

Gwyn felt her spine shiver from bottom to top. Some Mandalorians followed The Way as opposed to the Resol'nare. Her rival Jenn Kryze was a solid example. Gwyneira, however, was a bit more relaxed. Though, her helmet was indeed significant. She always wore her buy'ce in battle. Still, this was not a battle.

Her equipment made her appear larger than she was, like a tooka raising its shackles. And really, that was what it was. However, seeing those familiar claws, and the senator calling herself "hybrid." Gwyn wondered, if it was simply one Arkanian abomination to another, sharing in the loneliness of the half blood curse. She sighed, stepping deeper into the room and approaching the desk.

<"Sure, but I..."> Memories flashed before her eyes. Needles, flashing lights, splicers, screws, pain. So much pain. Loud medical beeping. Screaming. She looked away, frowning beneath her visor as she whispered, "<I don't look like what I used to... anymore...">

She pulled her rifle off, leaning her personal weapon against the desk with a small thump against the desk. She reached up and placed her hands against her buy'ce. Her buy'ce was especially valuable to her, as it was made with beskar from her buir's own beskar'gam. She always prized it, keeping it close. Many times, she did not want to remove it. It was too precious to her. Yet, the request had been made. Gwyn gently lifted the helmet from her head. Long, flowing white hair was unfurled, falling down her back and over her shoulders. For a moment, her eyes were closed. Then, she opened them. A prickle of shame flooded her as her eyes started adjusting to the dark.

Where the whites of her eyes were, it was red as if permanently puffy and irritated. Her pupils, which just seemed strangely unnatural, were amber. In the dark even, they glowed as her newfound infrared instincts kicked in. The headache immediately was on, sharp and throbbing with intensity. She hissed, dropping her buy'ce on the desk as she lifted her hands to her head. Oh, these headaches again... a side effect of what her father had done to her.

She grimaced, struggling as the pain persisted for several more moments. "S-sorry! Hea-d... ache."

After what felt like forever, but was more likely several seconds, the pain subdued along with the infrared that had involuntary activated. She sighed, pulling a seat out and collapsing into it. She opened her eyes again, looking to the senator. Gwyn's dreadfully pale skin was a stark contrast to her black armor. She pulled her buy'ce closer to herself, lowering one hand beneath the table and resting it upon one of her pistols. Just in case.

"So, you're half Arkanian yourself? Is that why you wanted to see me?"

Annasari Annasari

Last edited:

Mouth twisted in concern, Anna watched as the scene played out, her eyes narrowing only slightly as her mind worked to piece things together. After the girl recovered, she reached across the desk slowly and deliberately to pour from the golden pitcher that rested in its corner. An emerald ichor filled the crystalline glass, which the senator slid to her visitor in offering.

"Partly," Anna admitted, nodding. "I have never met another like us. I didn't want to make a spectacle of you, but... one does wonder."

Eyes dropping to the floor, a wave of shame swept over her. She had only dealt with purebreds on occasion- but all had treated her like an exotic animal in a zoo, or a digusting abomination. They hadn't made any attempts to conceal their feelings, nor made any apologies for their overtness, but even still, Anna did not want to come off in any such way.

"The other part," She stated after a quiet clearing of the throat. "Is that I need to know who I am working with. The information I offer is on quite fair terms for both of us. However... If handled poorly, I need to know who it is to hold accountable for our ruin." She stated matter of factly with a shrug.

Gwyneira eyed the offered glass tentatively. She hated drugs, and she hated drinking. What if this offered drink was drugged? Or if not drugged, simply offered to weaken and subdue her. Gwyn did not touch it as the conversation rolled on. Perhaps, she was too cautious.

But she would not get captured again.

She blinked, maintaining a calm expression despite her anxiety. As the woman spoke, she already felt a kinship based on their shared heritage. That, and like Gwyn, the senator was more cautious.

Gwyn closed her eyes. What if she failed with the information? If she struck the wrong cloning base, or sabotaged a Galactic Alliance supported mission? What if she wasn't good enough?

Gwyn lowered her eyes down to the untouched cup, speaking. "You probably understand what I have endured. I was called an abomination by my Arkanian father. Arkanian society in my homeworld shunned and ridiculed me for existing. The Arkanian Academy found any way they could be validly lower my grades so a half blood wouldn't graduate top of the class. Most of my life, I learned to hate myself with it. But now..."

One hand, against the table, gripped tightly into a ball. Terror was in her mind, and so was revenge. She closed her eyes.

"The information I want, I want so I can finally put those stuck up, pompous purebloods in their place." Her eyes opened, slits of rage and war. "After the expiraments they did on me, it is unwise to believe that Arkanians aren't going back to their old tricks. The Galactic Alliance keeps Arkania in line, but there are illegal underground sects like my father's base, and even the dwarf planet in unexplored space, that house more traditional types. Those ones, I want to crush."

Gwyn pressed on, leaning in as she spoke, "But I will not start any trouble between the Mandalorian and Galactic Alliance's peace and guardianship. If anything misfortunate comes to pass with the information, I will take personal responsibility."

For all of her determination, a shadow of grief and lifelong self pity crossed her features. She slumped, face softening. "As if my life means much anyways..."

Annasari Annasari

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom