Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manifesto

manifesto.png

[member="Arcann Law"] | [member="Zeradias Mant"]

Greetings, Coruscant First. I hope you may address some concerns I have with the Manifesto. I just wish for my answers to be clarified.

Manifesto 3 "Those who are not citizens must live in Coruscant as foreigners and must be subject to the law of aliens. Foreign persons are subject only to Coruscanti law and are not protected by their homeworld or home governments laws while on Coruscant."
  • I respect the laws people are held to are Coruscant laws only, while being in Courscant. However, are there immigration or alien laws that must be adhered to? In other words, are aliens not treated in an equal fashion? I just want to know if there are laws that exist for aliens that do not exist for Coruscanti people.

Manifesto 5/6 "We demand that the state shall above all undertake to ensure that every citizen has the possibility of living decently and earning a livelihood. If it should not be possible to feed the whole population, then aliens must be expelled from the planet. All citizens must possess equal rights and duties."
  • Would it not be possible for aliens to gain citizenship, in any way, shape or form? And would it be possible for an alien to lose their citizenship, easily or more easily, than a Coruscanti-born citizen?

Disclaimer: I am no media journalist or publisher, I am head of a State and large Company, and wish to see my permissions and possibilities of supporting an Independent Coruscant.

Zeradias Mant

Democracy Dies in Darkness
[member="Eddak Manod"]

Good questions.

For the most part, it is the same set of laws. However, they are not afforded typical civil liberties and protection Coruscanti citizens may receive. They are also not protected by external laws, regardless of their affiliation, unless agreed to upon by the Coruscanti government, which would be very seldom. We don't have a hard set of laws, nor is a book full of them practical for roleplay, but we may pull a few more specific ones as needed on the fly for story purposes. Coruscanti people will almost always be held in a higher status than offworlders.

There are pathways to citizenship for immigrants, however it includes renouncing your original citizenship and prohibits dual citizenship. Citizenship is only lost when renounced by the individual, or in very exigent circumstances, revoked by the Coruscanti government. Revocations can only be done to those not native to Coruscant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom