Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tech Review Mindshatter Kyber Crystal

dh06khj-da31a910-c224-4106-91fc-8f4e7e333db8.png

Mindshatter Crystal

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

• Name: Mindshatter Crystal
  • Manufacturer: N/A
  • Affiliation: Braze
  • Market Status: Closed Market
  • Homeworld: Identified in rare, force-sensitive regions across the Universe.
  • Production: Semi-Unique
  • Modularity: N/A
  • Material: Kyber Crystal enhanced with Force-sensitive alchemy.

PHYSICAL SPECIFICATIONS

• Classification: Lightsaber Crystal
  • Weight: Extremely Light
  • Color: Pastel Rainbow (Shifting with user's emotions)
  • Resistances: Low; susceptible to physical and Force-based damage.

STRENGTHS / SPECIAL FEATURES

• Vision Inducement: Capable of inducing vivid visions and hallucinations in opponents, disorienting them and potentially revealing deep fears or desires.
  • OOC: You get to decide how much your character is affected by this ability.

WEAKNESSES

• Void Stone Vulnerability: Completely nullifies the crystal's powers.
  • Ysalamiri Effect: Within the presence of Ysalamiri, the crystal's abilities are neutralized.
  • Fragile: Despite its powerful effects, it is physically fragile and prone to damage.
  • Corruption: Susceptible to corruption by dark side energies, which can warp its abilities towards malevolent purposes.
  • Limited Supply: Extremely rare, with sources located in areas steeped in Force lore and often guarded by formidable challenges.

DESCRIPTION
The Mindshatter Crystal, a semi-unique Kyber Crystals, is nurtured in crevices of the universe, where the influence of the Force is strong. Force nexus elements give rise to its existence. This crystal works as a conduit between the physical and the psychic realms, manifesting in a kaleidoscope of pastel hues that shimmer and shift in direct response to the wielder's emotional currents.

ColorEmotion/State
IndigoDeep contemplation or intuition, engagement with inner wisdom, psychic insights, introspection, connection to higher spiritual truths.
SilverAdaptability, resilience, state of seeking, openness to change, ability to navigate through uncertainty with grace and foresight.
GoldInspiration, empowerment, profound connection to the Force, clarity, alignment with highest ideals and aspirations.
BlackPresence of deep unresolved inner conflicts, absorption of negative energies, caution to confront and cleanse darker aspects of psyche.
WhiteBalance, peace, unity, spiritual purity and alignment, harmonious connection to all aspects of the Force, unburdened by bias or conflict.
BlueCalm and reflection, serenity, truthfulness.
RedAnger or aggression, passion, danger.
OrangeExcitement or curiosity, creativity, change.

Purple
Anxieties or fears, nobility, ambition.
PinkCompassion or love, kindness, nurturing.

Green
Balance and growth, harmony, healing.

Last edited:

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Braze Braze

Hi there, I will be taking over this submission.

Lets go through this one

1 - So many abilities again not only can it induce vivid visions and hallucinations in opponents, in order to disorient them and potentially revealing deep fears or desires. It can also manipulate all emotional states around you, also just confusion or 'overwhelming' tranquility.

2 - It also 'significantly strengthens all empathy, telepathy and mind manipulation force powers.

All of this is way too strong, please remove some of these points.

Braze Braze

Hi there, I will be taking over this submission.

Lets go through this one

1 - So many abilities again not only can it induce vivid visions and hallucinations in opponents, in order to disorient them and potentially revealing deep fears or desires. It can also manipulate all emotional states around you, also just confusion or 'overwhelming' tranquility.

2 - It also 'significantly strengthens all empathy, telepathy and mind manipulation force powers.

All of this is way too strong, please remove some of these points.
this should be changed

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Braze Braze

Thank you for toning this down.

So with the remaining power you have decided to keep, I would like you to add some primary sources about force powers that use this kind of power.

Also the corruption part, I assume you mean the crystal, however given the ability you would like it to have I would also personally be leaning towards the idea it could corrupt the user as most forms of that ability I can think of are force visions in dark side nexus (eg Luke in the Dagobah cave and rey in the caves on Ahch-To.) Or otherwise to my mind darkside abilities such as fear, horror, ect.

Ravenfire Ravenfire

I've added Mind Trick, Force Illusion, Fear (Force power), Force Empathy, Force Vision to the primary Sources.

Braze Braze

Thank you for toning this down.

So with the remaining power you have decided to keep, I would like you to add some primary sources about force powers that use this kind of power.

Also the corruption part, I assume you mean the crystal, however given the ability you would like it to have I would also personally be leaning towards the idea it could corrupt the user as most forms of that ability I can think of are force visions in dark side nexus (eg Luke in the Dagobah cave and rey in the caves on Ahch-To.) Or otherwise to my mind darkside abilities such as fear, horror, ect.
This deviates from my original concept too much. I disagree with what I'm going for.

• Intent Matters: Whether a crystal corrupts its user depends on how it's wielded. If used with good intentions, like healing or understanding, it wouldn't necessarily lead to corruption.
  • Jedi Principles: Jedi teachings emphasize discipline and ethical behavior. A Jedi could use the crystal responsibly, drawing on its power to overcome fears or empathize with others without turning to the dark side.
  • Balance and Resilience: By maintaining balance within themselves and staying strong-willed, Force users can resist corruption even when faced with intense visions.
  • Examples in Canon: Characters like Luke Skywalker and Rey have faced similar challenges without being corrupted. Their experiences show that inner strength and commitment to the light side can prevail.
  • Neutral Nature: The crystal's focus on thoughts, emotions, and warped visions doesn't inherently align with either the light or dark side of the Force. Its influence depends on the user's intent and how they wield its power.

Primary Sources:
  • Mind Trick: While the Jedi Mind Trick can be used for manipulation, it's not inherently corrupting. Its morality depends on how it's wielded, making it more about intent rather than corruption. The crystal's abilities to induce vivid visions and manipulate perceptions share similarities with the Mind Trick's influence over thoughts and perceptions.
  • Force Illusion: Similarly, creating illusions through the Force isn't inherently corrupting. It can be used for deception or defense, depending on the user's intentions. This parallels the crystal's capabilities to disorient opponents through hallucinations and warped perceptions.
  • Fear (Force power): Inducing fear through the Force is often associated with the dark side, suggesting a potential for corruption. However, like other powers, it's the intent behind its use that determines if it's corrupting. The crystal's ability to reveal deep fears aligns with the Fear power's influence over emotions.
  • Force Empathy: Understanding and sharing emotions doesn't necessarily imply corruption. It can be a tool for empathy and connection rather than manipulation or control. This aligns with the crystal's focus on emotions and its potential to evoke empathy in users.
  • Force Vision: Exploring visions of the past, present, and future can be enlightening or disturbing, but it's not inherently corrupting. Again, it's more about how the visions are interpreted and acted upon that determines their moral implications. The crystal's ability to induce vivid visions and hallucinations shares similarities with the Force Vision power's exploration of different realities.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Braze Braze

All fair points, I will however ask that you add an OOC waring onto your strength that says something along the lines of

OOC: You get to decide how much your character is affected by this ability.

Otherwise we should be good I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom