Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Netherworld F.A.Q.

Timeline: http://starwarsrp.ne...netherworld-r33
Galaxy Map: http://starwarsrp.ne...-map-update-r34
Netherworld Map: http://starwarsrp.ne...erworld-map-r35

EVENT

Question: When do we start posting?
Answer: If you're reading this, you're good to go! Either start your thread or pop up anywhere in the Galaxy in the main thread - Episode IV. Just make sure to annotate your location so others can find you!

Question: What about Staff Members? Will we be waiting on them to post the story?
Answer: No. Staff Members will be providing NPCs in surprise encounters and there will be a main villain that pops up every once in a while. But other than that, the whole premise of this is that you're lost, scared, and you don't know what's going on. How would your character react in a Rapture event? How would your Faction? How would the Galaxy?

Question: Should we tag Tef or any other Staff member in our role-play posts to get their attention IC?
Answer: Only if they tagged you first.

Question: Was my character left behind or did he/she disappear?
Answer: If your USER ID is even, you were left behind. If it's odd, you disappeared.

Question: What is my User ID?
Answer: You can find your user ID's on your profile page. It's in the URL - the number that comes before your name. Link

Question: Do we have to take part in the main role-play thread or can we start our own?
Answer: You can start your own. The main role-play thread just has the highest chance of Staff-driven NPCs popping up. They can still pop up in your own threads, though!

EPISODE IV: NO HOPE

Question: Can I use the Force in the Galaxy?
Answer: Yes. But it's going wonky. Expect crazy side-effects, and be wary if a Staff Member catches you using the Force - they might impose some crazy side-effects on you as well.

EPISODE V: AKALA STRIKES BACK

Question: Can I use the Force in the Netherworld?
Answer: No.

Question: Do I still have my gear?
Answer: Yes. Anything you can carry on your person.

INVASIONS

Question: There's no Netherworld Invasion rules. What gives?
Answer: Invasions can still take place, and the Netherworld Dominion still references them in case of a tie - but they remain unchanged for the Netherworld Event. We want to dissuade Major Factions from committing their members to Invasions, given the amount of PvE and Story threads that can take place. Invasions can be pressuring and stressful - we don't want the event to be stressful. However, Invasions can still take place if deemed necessary - but normal Invasions rules apply.

DOMINIONS

Question: What's up with the Netherworld Dominion rules?
Answer: Netherworld Dominions are Dominions that take place during the Netherworld Event, in the Netherworld forum. Any Dominion in the Netherworld forum must follow the Netherworld Dominion Ruleset.

Question: Do Dominions further than one hex require +50 posts?
Answer: No. You may not dominion further than one hex with the Netherworld Dominion Rules.

Question: How heavily enforced is the "6. Dominions must have a minimum of 5 unique writers posting in it."?
Answer: Very heavily. This will be the most scrutinized rule. Do not post in the dominion with only 4 people. Do not post in the dominion with 3 people. Get 5 people together, regularly posting. Don't do 30 posts with 4 people and 20 posts with 2 people. This will be rejected. This is not a spamfest. This is a group activity.

Question: How much quality are you looking for in posts? How fast can we complete Dominions?
Answer: This is a situational answer, but specific groups of people have been known to just spam their way to victory without any thought to quality of role-play. This is not what we are aiming for. Give time to others and allow others to partake. Do not spam. If you overreach in speed and pace of role-playing dominions, you will be warned once. You will only receive one warning - upon suffering a second infraction, you will be removed from the event and banned from participating in Netherworld Dominions.

Question: Once a Dominion is completed and verified by a Role-play Judge, do we need to wait for the map to be updated to continue past that hex?
Answer: No.

Still confused about something? Ask your questions below, and we'll get you your answer.

Yoru Shakou

I have a question pertaining to the Dominions.

As it states that a Major Faction can start up to 3 Dominions, does this mean that a Minor Faction can dominion a neighboring world/system?

[member="Tefka"]

If a character is in the nether, can they still be allowed to post in Open threads outside the Event?
[member="Razer Sin"] is going if I do it, and I have a few ideas that have nothing to do with the Event, sooo If I cant do them...then...yeah...

[member="Vassara Raxis"]

Also in the FAQ

Question: Was my character left behind or did he/she disappear?
Answer: If your USER ID is even, you were left behind. If it's odd, you disappeared.

Question: What is my User ID?
Answer: You can find your user ID's on your profile page. It's in the URL - the number that comes before your name. Link

Romeo Sin said:
[member="Tefka"]

If a character is in the nether, can they still be allowed to post in Open threads outside the Event?
[member="Razer Sin"] is going if I do it, and I have a few ideas that have nothing to do with the Event, sooo If I cant do them...then...yeah...
Yes. But not the dominions in the Event.

There will be a way to escape the Nether very soon, but not for a few days.

Serian Loria

In the shadows, at the fringe
[member="Tefka"] Is it the start of the number or the ending number because mine is has both even and odd numbers, but it starts and ends with an even number.
I would assume the starting number would be the one that matters.

@Tefka

I thought only NPCs were disappearing

When was it ever said PCs were being taken.

Because this means I have to waste my time doing an escape thread whenever its possible just to save my characters which is a pain and then I can't help my faction recover or get new worlds in the meantime either.

Heck this is my only character who wasn't taken and I already know that's a blessing, but I don't want to lose my others so I might have to give up important roles for this character regarding what I wanted to do in the event against this sudden decision.

Serian Loria said:
[member="Tefka"] Is it the start of the number or the ending number because mine is has both even and odd numbers, but it starts and ends with an even number.
I would assume the starting number would be the one that matters.
Your number ends in 76. That's even.

[member="Tefka"]

Will there be a mass push to a certain area? Like something calls all the players to one specific place?

Or will people have their own calling to a specific area?

Or is there no center area?

Krest said:
[member="Tefka"]

Will there be a mass push to a certain area? Like something calls all the players to one specific place?

Or will people have their own calling to a specific area?

Or is there no center area?
Throw the sheets to the wind and just jump in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom