Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Old fashioned training

Persie blinked. She looked at Makky as he described what he and My-rah used to do. She was certain they no longer did such things, convinced they were already out of touch in typical teenage fashion

"The shopping emporium?! Makky no one under the age of thirty goes there anymore. I'd rather be dead then caught inside!"

Wheels were turning though.

"We can ditch Makky and go do something that don't require a lot of walkin'. I still got allowance credits."

If she didn't there would be a pointed glance at her brother to fork over more.

"I like the idea of goin' to the movies with Persie...but erh...whatsa pretzel? I ain't ever 'ad one of those before. And I dunno a lot about loiterin' around shops. Dad always told me not to do that, since it made me seem like I was a 'ooligan or somethin'..."

Iko pouted at that thought for a moment before nodding at something Makai said, lifting his head up for a moment, breaking out into a bright,if somewhat nervous smile as he glanced over towards Persie.

"But yeah. I'm 'appy to do anythin' with you. We always find a way to make things fun...Also. Mr Daishell, why can't we 'ave sleepovers? I ain't ever been to one...Unless, you count the Jedi temple...but we all share dorms back then so it didn't really feel the same if I think about it..."

Though he turned his attention over towards Persie at that, biting his lip in thought for a moment. Debating it over in his head. It was somewhat sore to move but at the same time, hanging out with Persie was a good distraction from the pain. Iko looked back over towards Makai, giving him a small smile.

"Is that okay with you, Mr Daishell? I promise, I won't let anythin 'appen to her! You can consider me a livin' breathin' Thirteen Seventy Seven!"

Makai Dashiell Makai Dashiell Persephone Dashiell Persephone Dashiell

"Okay, first, you can call me Makai. I'm begging you, no Mister Dashiell. I'm not that much older than you. Maybe a decade."

Which might seem like an eternity to teenagers. He remembered seeing someone his age as a fully fledged adult back then. Technically true, but not always the case.

There was an eagerness to go off and explore. He got that. Some of his best memories were off exploring and being off with his best friend. He wasn't going to deny that to the pair, although there was an overwhelming urge to try to get to know Iko Vel Iko Vel as much as possible. It was clear the boy would have to come over and soon, he and Myra Elspeth Arceneau Myra Elspeth Arceneau could establish some ground rules as a unified front.

"Second...uh...you and I need to have a man-to-man chat about sleepovers. Then I can explain things in better detail without Persie around."

Okay, not as oblivious as he was but far and away more innocent. However, once the teenager was able to move around, meeting the family was in order and the chat could happen at their next meeting.

"You two are free to go...uh...I'll probably go off and do some exploring on my own. We can meet back here later on."

Makai wasn't keen to relive his bachelor days in the flat with the food cartons and metal folding chairs. Already did enough of that during university.

"Come on Iko! Let's go before Makky decides not to let us have any fun."

Wearing a dress, Persie put the knife in her bag and placed it over one shoulder. It would be difficult to access if something happened but where else was she goin' to put it in this outfit? Oh, maybe her jacket pocket...but she didn't want to loose it.

Taking the boys hand, she almost drug him off the chair. The teenage girl didn't want Makky to change or mind or decide that he needed to follow along with them.

It would just lead to more questioning! Persie's didn't come here so Iko and Makky could talk. She came to hang out with her best friend and see how his recovery was farin'.

As much as she was draggin' him along, Persie was mindful that his injuries were going to slow them down.

"Cantcha use a Jedi min' trick on him?"

"Oh. Okay Makai! Sorry. I was just raised to be polite to my elders. And...you are one of them after all."

Iko nodded, breaking out into a beaming grin at the fact they had permission to leave. Though he did let out a small yelp as soon as Persie took his hand and dragged him off the chair. He wasn't as worried as she was about Makai following them...mostly because he wouldn't even understand why he'd be worried about it in the first place. As they say, ignorance is bliss and all that.

Though he did pout slightly when Persie suggested using a mind trick, shaking his head at that. The idea would never have crossed his mind. AT least not to use it against Makai or any of Iko's other "friends"

"Nah. I ain't got taught it. Plus...it feels wrong. To mess with someone's mind. 'Ow could people trust me if I went around doin' that? It just...wouldn't be very cool. Or 'eroic like, y'know?...Plus I've felt...wrong since the pirate stuff. I nearly let my anger out...which ain't good. I coulda got in real trouble..."

Iko rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand at that. It was something that had been plaguing his mind since the incident. How easy it was for him to get mad. He wasn't that oblivious when it came to the dark side or how negative emotions could ruin things but...there was a small part of him that enjoyed the anger. It had made him feel strong. And he needed strength to protect Persie, right?

The young Padawan squeezed Persie's hand gently. Partly to move his mind onto another topic, like how warm he felt holding her hand but also mostly trying to reassure her, since well...she seemed somewhat nervous. He didn't know what for but he was going to do his best to make sure she felt safe! That's what boyfriends do right? He was like...her own personal knight! A Knight in shining armour! That was so cool...

The grin just grew across his face, as he let Persie lead the way. The young lad hadn't done much exploring of Fondor if he was being honest so he didn't know any of the good places to go to...Hm...

"So...erh...you 'aven't told me much about your family. Like...I know a few things, but is there anythin' I should be careful of? Anythin' I shouldn't say or do?"

Persephone Dashiell Persephone Dashiell

Persie felt a little bad about the yelp from Iko Vel Iko Vel as she drug him out of the chair and out of the apartment. Just a little. The other didn't know if Makky was going to change his mind or worse, decide he needed to tag along. Who wanted their brother to third wheel while they were tryin' to date? She had been the third wheel with Makky and Myra before, rolling her eyes as they were far too engrossed in one another. No way Persie wanted the same thing directed her way.

"So whatcha mean by lettin' your anger out? Like hittin' on folks?"
Eyes narrowed, looking at the dark-haired boy. "Don't you dare go hittin' on me Iko Vel. I ain't my Mama, I ain't gonna get hit. By the time you raise your hand again your pretty little face gonna be lifeless. You best think long and hard."

Being not Force sensitive, Persie didn't understand. Especially since in her mind sometimes folks just got angry. Jedi seemed to have to be in some odd state of detachment, which didn't make a lot of sense to her. Especially when Iko was here holdin' her hand and declarin' to be her boyfriend. That was the opposite of detachment in her eyes.

Even though she was leading the way, Persephone had zero idea where they were headed. Not far, she knew that. Personally, she didn't know why Iko didn't throw himself into a bacta tank. Or maybe he did and this was the lingering effects. Or maybe he was just hardheaded. Or maybe there was a bacta shortage. They were very close to the war front and Makky did mention broken supply lines more than once.

"Uhm...I'm adopted, but...I'm a real Dashiell....uh...its real embarrassin' but no one else wanted me, so Makky and Myra took me in."

Persie didn't elaborate any more on her background for now. Iko could probably tell she was adopted by now, or did she tell him? He could probably put two an two together since she mentioned her deceased mother during a previous meeting.

"So's...Makky and Myra are kinda my parents now. I ain't never had two parents at once, it's real interestin'. Don't tell Makky but I really 'preciate them...I think things will work out okay...I wasn't sure at first but they seem to like me well enough. I like them too, 'specially My-rah"

What else did she want to tell Iko? Surely he would have more questions.

"We live with Miss Ar-sin-new, that's My-rah's Mama. Then there's Rue, we share a room together, she's a little younger....and very weird...oh she's Miss Ar-sin-new's other girl. Makky's Daddy just came back too, he stays with us. I ain't never lived in a full house like this. Its...its real different..."

Everything was different. Where she came from there was no breakfast made for her each morning. No family movie nights. No one to call her a favorite child despite not bein' a relation. It was uncomfortable as it was thrillin'....kinda like how she felt with Iko.

"No! No! I could never 'urt you or 'it you. I swear to you Persie. I'd take a blaster shot for you...even if that'd make you mad. Heh..."

At that, Iko held his hand to his chest. His face honestly looked horrified at the thought of him hurting Persephone. The smile on his face having faded away as he stared off into the distance. Trying to figure out how to word it to Persie. It was hard to explain to someone who wasn't Force Sensitive. Who couldn't fee it...but it was best for him to try and explain it. So that she wouldn't assume he'd lash out at someone.

"It's...the way it was explained to me, is that there's the Light Side, and the Dark Side. The Light Side revolves around being calm, lookin' out for people and tryin' to help them. Bein' in control of your emotions, and not lettin' them control you but the Dark Side revolves more around...pain. Sufferin'. For themselves and others. Some of them are cruel and some are just people who dived into their anger and never came back out...Sorry. Sorry. I'm...probably not makin' any sense."

As Persie spoke more about herself, and how no-one wanted her, Iko gave her hand another squeeze. Trying to reassure her that wasn't the case anymore. She had her family with Makai and the others, and she also had Iko now. Even if he was a dumb teenager who barely understood his own emotions. But he'd be there to listen if she needed him to. And unlike most people he'd pretend to listen to, he'd actually listen to Persie

"Oh. I 'ad two parents for...a little while. But it used to get loud in the 'ouse a lot. I'd just bang things together to block out the noise. Then my dad took me away to Coruscant and there wasn't any loudness. Instead it was quiet...so I went back to bangin' things together again, to make noise. It used to cause a few arguments between my dad and I but 'e got used to it..."

Was he being vague so as not to upset Persie about the arguments? Or perhaps Iko was just naive to them himself. It wasn't something he wasn't sure himself. Honestly he hadn't thought about that time since....well, he couldn't remember. It just only felt right. Persephone gave him information about her, so he should do the same. Give and take.

"I can imagine that. It was real different in the Jedi Temple. 'aving guards everywhere, 'aving to share dorms with people I barely knew. I got to see a few cool aliens but...some of them seemed lonely. Maybe they were 'omesick..."

As the lad limped alongside Persie, he was letting his mind wander. The Jedi never quite felt like home for him. He only ended up heading to the Temple because his dad had sent him there. And honestly...it was a bit of struggle trying to act all responsible in front of the other Jedi. Either way, Iko just mumbled to himself, audibly enough for Persephone to hear.

"...Maybe I should stay at their place...It does sound a lot more 'ome like...I can fight...Maybe I can 'elp look out for people there..."

"Well...good, cause like I said..."

Persephone didn't want Iko Vel Iko Vel taking a blaster bolt for her,but it was nice to hear all the same. She understood a little about what he was trying to explain but some was still lost on her ; dive into anger and never come back out? Sounded like they needed anger management classes, some real therapy and maybe they wouldn't be all ornery. Seemed simple enough to her. Perhaps these Jedi hadn't figured out somethin' like that yet.

"Sorry your folks argued. That's never fun, gets old real quick, yous know?"

Persie was thankful there wasn't much arguing in the Arceneau-Dashiell household. Not that weren't disagreements, more folks didn't raise their voices and try to shout as Iko had described. Just that one thing with Makai and his Daddy, but even then they had the good decency to go into a field away from the rest of 'em.

Catching his words about living with the Arceneau-Dashiell family, Persie squeezed his hand. There was a lot Iko didn't know. Things he probably never thought of - hell, stuff she ain't thought of until the rules Makky and Myra laid down for her. It was a lot of work being in this branch of Dashiells, but the rewards were worth it so far.

"Iko....I don't mind if we ask Makky but...but there's a lot you gotta think about..."

There was a little ledge and Persie stopped to talk, allowing them to sit. Iko probably needed a breather but he also needed to know what livin' with the family entailed.

"You can't be a Jedi. Arceneaus and Dashiells are strictly neutral....as in, some business comes from the Sith and Empire. We don't fight or get involved in politics. You would have to give up bein' a Jedi. It can't happen in our house. No fightin. No political sides."

One of the first rules that had been drilled into her head. They were neutral, politics were not something they got involved in. That didn't mean they didn't meet with Senators or Queens or Governors, it merely meant they didn't put any weight or power or authority behind the person. Had to be friendly to those folks to get business done.

"That don't mean we are all 'bout the credits. Lots of charity work and refugee work, Miss Ar-sin-new even has her own foundation. They keep real involved in getting credits and supplies to folks who need it."

Especially in war-torn areas.

"You have to go to school, you'd probably have to get tutored by my Governess. It also means you gotta work during the summers and long school breaks. After the weddin', I'll be workin' for Miss Ar-sin-new at her new company, Aventine, til my learnin' resumes. Even Rue has to work. All the adults say they ain't giving no free rides. Makky worked. My-rah worked. Miss Ar-sin-new worked. Says if I wanna keep living the life I gots I got to join in."

Hair tucked behind her ear, looking at the teenage boy, hands still joined together.

"It ain't what you think...yous will be giving up a lot....but gainin' a lot too.."

"It's fine. I can barely remember the arguments. I barely remember my mama's face..."

Iko frowned at that. No. He shouldn't talk about that. Stay positive. He huffed as they sat down, focusing on breathing as he rested his head against Persie's shoulder for a moment. Relaxing whilst he listened to her talk about all of the things he'd have to give up if he wanted to stay at her house. He hadn't intended on her hearing it but it was too late now...and he debated things in his head.

No politics...That would go against his whole ideal of being a Hero. Helping those who needed it and fighting off the villains. Was that something he was willing to give up? Education...Iko wasn't the greatest at learning new things. It was partly why he hadn't really gotten into the Jedi Order that much. Learning techniques, learning how to fix things without using violence...Was that something that he was willing to change? And finally working...Honestly, that part wouldn't be too hard. He worked a lot for his dad in the past. Sure, it was mostly fixing the store when stuff started to break but it was still working at the end of the day. With all that in mind, he still thought about his choice. Was he willing up to give up the chance to be a Jedi, a great Hero known through out the Galaxy, just to stay at Persie's house?...Yes. Yes he was.

"The no politics thing isn't...that bad if I'm being 'onest. I was never that smart with Politics. People with red lightsabers were bad, otherwise they were good. That's 'ow I see...no, saw things. But I need to change 'ow I see things. I'm...not a 'ero. No. I'm just Iko. I'm just me. I'm not...a Jedi. No. I was never a good one anyway."

A small smile framed Iko's face, even though it was slightly put on. It wasn't something he was that happy over. He had started to make some friends in the Order, and now...well, he was going to be abandoning them. It also meant he'd have to be very careful with the information he knew. Hm...He shook his head at that. Focus on Persie.

"...I won't be giving up anything that's more important than you...Though erh...I guess I should ask if it's alright for me to get some kind of...Force tutor? .Not a Jedi, or a Sith one. Just...a neutral one. That way I can still learn 'ow to get stronger and be better at protectin' you and other people. I'm not smart. I ain't gonna be able to 'elp out with anythin' big and important but...I can 'elp protect what's important."

The young Lad nodded to himself, before leaning toward to give his own little peck on Iko's lips. A small blush on his face, but it was just him returning the favour. Plus if his words weren't enough, he was sure that that his actions would be enough.

Eyes went wide, both at the kiss and the admission of@Iko Vel wantin' to stay with the family and havin' to follow the rules. When she laid it all out, it seemed harsh, and it many ways, it was. When Miss Ar-sin-new laid it all out to her with Makky and My-rah it had been more than overwhelmin'. Yet she was a practical girl, Persie understood. It was all about protectin' the business. She could respect that, respected the way Miss Ar-sin-new did business.

Face flamed red again, just not as tomato red as before, more of a lovely shade of pink.

"Yeah...I think yous can still use the Force. Its just alignin one way or the other. Can't be pissin' off anyone."

Brow furrowed, as if realizing something. Something she thought was important.

"Yous shouldn't be makin' no decisions right now. Sleep on it. Or, more logically, think about a trial period 'fore you tell the Jedi off. 'Cause what if yous end up hatin' it? I didn't like it at first. I mean...I'm good nows. I just wasn't used'ta havin' someone look over me and hold me to the rules. I'm used to goin' and comin' as I please and that ain't happenin' with Makky and My-rah hangin' around."

She thought her words wise. One couldn't just jump in.

"Plus, you gotta ask your Pa. You just can't leave the Jedi. Plus...what if he comes lookin' for ya? Says that Makky and My-rah stole you away or something? Yous just a kid and all still too y'know."

"Good. About me being able to still use the Force. It's...a part of me. I wish I could show you how it feels to have the Force. They say it connects you to all things but...eh. Sounds a bit too much like mumbo-jumbo to me. It's just a cool power. But like any power, it's not to be taken lightly."

There was a part of Iko that was upset at Persephone not being as sensitive as Iko was to the Force. He had heard about people being connected through the Force, being able to hear each other no matter what, and always feeling their presence. That would definitely make it hard to feel lonely, but it wasn't Persie's fault. So he shouldn't be upset over it. Iko nodded to himself. Before turning his head to look at Persie as she explained the idea of having a trial run. It made sense but at the same time...

"What if the Jedi seem is some kind of security 'azard? They can't just have me comin' and goin'...But I can take some time to think about it. I should. You're right. I should...actually think about something'for once. Think about what I want. Instead of doin' what my dad always asked of me...or what other people asked of me...Is this what datin' is meant to be like? 'aving serious conversations, and makin' choices we might not necessarily like, for the other person? Because...well, I can't see myself doing some 'ard thinkin' for anyone but you."

He frowned, as the young Lad turned serious for a moment, at the mentioning of his Father and sighed to himself. He wasn't that oblivious to how his dad was mostly just trying to get him out of his hair. Otherwise his dad would have came to Fondor as well. There was a part of him that never wanted to talk to the man again but he couldn't let Persie's family get into any trouble over him.

"...I doubt 'e'd ever come looking for me anyway. Lettin' a kid join the Jedi is like...givin' them up, I guess. The Jedi are meant to be their family but they ain't be a good family to me, I suppose. Only one I could consider a friend is Blaze...there's Cassie but I dunno. Don't think we get along...but I'll talk to my dad. For you. I know it's all a big deal and I shouldn't rush, blah blah blah. I just...I thought I'd feel 'appy being a Jedi. But I feel 'appier seeing you smile. So if I 'ave a choice between seeing you more, or bein' a Jedi? I know what I'd pick...Bein' a jedi, obviously."

At that, Iko broke out into a little grin, trying to lighten up the mood slightly. He felt like he was being too serious. It wasn't like him. He wasn't meant to get serious. Jokes, smiles and just general silliness was meant to be him. He was showing a side to Persie that he didn't even like to show to himself. Taking a moment to just squeeze Persie's hand and reassure himself that she was still there. That he wasn't dreaming of this. Hell, for all he knew, he had been knocked out when he got hurt and this was all some figment of his imagination. Closing his eyes and just resting his head against Persie's shoulder, Iko broke out into a smile. If this was a dream, he didn't want to wake up.

"Well...Makky and My-rah are talkin' all the time. 'Specially at night. I've barged in on 'em more than once. So...if we's using them as an example...yeah, sounds like we's got to talk about all the hard stuff. I dunno what they talk about but....maybe stuff like this?"

Her guardians were the only real frame of reference she had to go off of in terms of what normal folks did. Her Mama? No way. Her Daddy? A rollin' stone? Makai's Daddy? Just a tragedy. Miss Ar-sin-new? Unfortunately widowed, but she saw the holos and the redhead looked real happy 'fore that. So for her, Makky and My-rah were it. Better or worse. She really didn't know much about them relationship wise, 'cept they were friends growin' up.

Persie's brow furrowed when Iko Vel Iko Vel talked of the Jedi. Did kids really just get dropped off there? Then he and Cassie said they didn't get a lot of food ; so apparently they didn't have tables full like the Perry Cooper series? Or were they just bein' dramatic cause they didn't want to be there? It was hard to say, it was a world she didn't know anything about.

"Ha-Ha."

Iko squeezed her hand again. He got real comfortable on her shoulder, settlin' in as if he wanted to stay that way for awhile. So instead of askin' if they wanted to get up and move around she didn't, instead swinging her legs lightly for a moment before settlin' back down.

"Well...if wes don't see each other again I'm goin' to be back on Fondor for a gravball game soon. Spendin' time as a family 'fore Makky gets married and I gotta go be with Miss Ar-sin-new."

"Maybe. I ain't got a good...point of reference for all of this. It's all so...new and scary. I 'ave to actually think about what I say."

Another small joke from Iko. Staring off into the distance, listening to Persie say how she was going to be coming back to Fondor for a gravball game. That sounded fun. Iko never really played any sports himself. He was always too busy before he joined the Order, and then when he joined the Jedi...Well, he just kept sneaking out.

"Oh. If it's you spendin' time with 'im as family, shouldn't I leave you alone? Family is important and everythin'. I think. That's what I was always told by people. I always thought family was just...people you were related to. That isn't anythin' special."

Thoughts were running through his mind once again. It was nice to enjoy this moment with Persephone. Taking a moment to just relax and think. Instead of constantly being on the move as he normally was like.

"Nearly forgot, I'm sorry that I couldn't teach you 'ow to use your gift. It...completely slipped my mind. I 'ad set up a droid for it and everythin'. Maybe if I do end up stayin' with your family, I can find a way to teach you...I promise, I'm not as bad as I was against the pirates..."

He chuckled, referencing how he dropped his sword before he could even use it back then. It was nerves. Or maybe it had just been the anger he had felt at the time. That anger was gone by now.

"...Shoot. I'm gonna need to get fancy clothes if I'm gonna meet your family. I don't want them to think I'm just some dirty kid...But I don't know the first thing about good clothes..."

"The gravball games are for My-rahs sister, so I'll just be sittin' there bored. Ain't my thing, but I ain't goin' to pass up a chance at a new outfit and lookin' cute."

That has she had no choice but to go. Miss Ar-sin-new would be busy along with Makky's daddy. There was no chance she would be left alone for a long period of time so travelin' she was.

"Oh that's okay. I don't think I need trainin' to stab in the meanwhile. Plus, until you get a chance I can watch ZikZok and see if there any moves I can practice. I think I can learn the droppin' on my own."

A joke back. Besides, if she started to learn on ZikZok then maybe Iko Vel Iko Vel would be impressed by the time they met up once again.

Then Iko mentioned clothes. A huge,massive mistake around the young fashionista. Persie had been ponderin' what they were going to do; now she knew.

Shopping.

She had only bought two things with her allowance so far so there was wiggle room to put Iko in something less...Jedi.

Hand released from his and she cupped his face, squishing his cheeks together.

"Let's go shopping! Cause your robes are horrifying compared to this pretty face."

Hands dropped and she hopped off the ledge, urging Iko to move along with her.

"Well...I mean, you always look cute. You don't need to be at a gravball game for that. I don't really see the whole point of a new outfit...but if you like havin' one, that's good then, I suppose."

Iko shrugged his shoulders, before frowning at what Persie said about training through Zikzok. He didn't like the idea of not learning it from an actual person...but if it helped to make sure Persie was safe, he supposed he couldn't complain too much about it. What he could complain though was at Persie squishing his cheeks together as the young Kiffar spluttered, his face starting to burn a bright red.

"'ey! My robes aren't that bad! They're blue. My favourite colour. 'Mph."

The lad pouted for a moment before pushing himself up to his feet, wincing ever so slightly. A part of him debated if it had been a smart idea skipping out on just letting bacta heal himself...Of course it wasn't a smart idea. But he wanted to learn through his mistakes. Even if that meant being in plenty of pain right now.

"I 'ope your family isn't gonna be mad about you buyin me clothes...I don't want them to think I'm only interested in money or somethin'. I know some families worry about that...I like you. Not credits...Well, I mean...credits are nice and all, but you're nicer. Even if you are gonna be 'avin' me run around for clothes."

If there was one thing Iko Vel Iko Vel was going to learn quickly was that Persephone loved fashion. Before coming to live with Makky and My-rah she only had a couple sets of clothing that she struggled to keep meticulously clean and rip-free. Fashion was something she admired from afar, promising herself she would have a pretty closet full of clothes.

Now she did. Even an entire rainbow of combat boots!

Ignoring Iko's concerns, she rolled her eyes. It sounded like he was making up excuses not to shop. Persie wasn't going to hear any of it ; now she had the chance to style someone other than herself!

"Blue is nice. Anyways, my allowance is ta'do what I wanna with it. I'll spend it how I please. 'Sides you get to be my own personal model. I've been wantin' to style someone. Makky and My-rah won't let me...you shoulda seen me try to give My-rah advice on her weddin' dress. She wouldn't take it!"

To be fair to Myra Elspeth Arceneau Myra Elspeth Arceneau , Persie might have burst into the changin' room when My-rah was in nothin' but her drawers and tried to give some advice. Much needed advice, Persie thought. Then she just went on hollerin' about being naked, and Persephone didn't see the big deal, theys were both girls, ain't like there was nothin' she ain't seen. Needless to say, Persie was regulated to the lounge area of the bridal shop after that.

"I think yous will be a little easier to work with."

Last edited:
"You think I'll be easier to work with? Doubt it..."

Great. What had he just gotten himself into? He had to make a mental note to bring up clothes around Persephone anymore. Since...well, shopping trips weren't going to be that fun. Unless he was shopping for materials to make stuff...Hm...Maybe he should try and see it from Persie's point of view. Iko was crazy about metal, she was crazy about clothes. Maybe he could deal with that then...

"Erh...What's a weddin' dress like? I've never seen one. Or been to a wedding. My dad and my ma married before I was even born so...I've never gotten to experience a weddin'. What are they like?"

Were they just like typical dresses? Iko tilted his head for a moment, trying to visualise what the wedding dress would be like, using Persie as his imaginary model in his head...But he didn't really know what it would look like. White and fluffy? Black and sparkly? Hm...They should be blue. Blue wedding dresses would be amazing. Either way, he snapped out of those thoughts to walk alongside Persie...or well, more limping alongside her as he looked around Fondor.

"I'm outta my allowance for now. I asked my Dad for a loan, so I could make your knife. The crystal was more...expensive than I thought it was going to be. But that's okay. Totally. Yeah."

"I ain't never been to no weddin' before either. My folks weren't hitched. This'll be my first."

Persie was even playin' the part of the "best man", although that title should have gone to Rue, considerin' how close the two were. Yet Makky had assured her there was no one else he wanted to be his 'best man' so play the role she would. It was apparently easy, wearin' a cute feminine tux and standin' up there holding a ring in her pocket. Fairly simple.

"Hmm...it kinda depends on the girl."

Hand swung Iko Vel Iko Vel 's as they walked, her keen blue gaze searching for the right shop. Since he didn't want to do this, she would have to implement some strategy, findin' somewhere she could hit all her boxes at once. Not impossible, not on a planet such as this. Especially with the influx of folks from Coruscant.

"White or off white...some are big and poofy. Some are kinda sleek and form fittin'...some got a real long train...just 'pends on what the woman wants. Once ya pick one, the menfolk ain't supposed to see it, so its hanging up in Miss Ar-sin-new's closet."

Brow furrowed, looking at Iko once again, feet slowing their pace.

"The shouldn't have gotten me a gift! I don't needs nothin'. Take it back, sell it, get some credits..." An idea popped into her mind. "Why dontcha make and sell stuff anyways? Yous real talented, folks like payin' for one of a kind stuff."

Huh. A lot of wedding dresses were white? That was disappointing. He preferred colour. But then, he wasn't the one wearing a dress. Honestly the idea of wearing a dress didn't appeal to him...or maybe it did. Hm...If they were nice at the end of the day, then Iko supposed it would be okay...Though he wasn't going to mention that to Persie. For all he knew, she'd try to get him into a dress as a model.

"I didn't make it because you needed it! I made it 'cause I wanted you to 'ave somethin' from me. That I put sweat and tears into. Credits aren't important to me. You are. So...you're worth the loan."

Iko squeezed Persie's hand at that, before tilting his head at her idea of making stuff for people. It was possible at the end of the day but he wasn't sure if anyone would ever want something for him. He wasn't officially trained, he had no experience or expertise. Well, he had plenty of experience but he wasn't sure how many people would still buy from him...but it was a decent enough idea as he shrugged his shoulders.

"...That works. I needa show your family that I can be smart and can work. I don't want to be seen as dead weight...No. I shouldn't be worryin' about that. Worryin' isn't me."

Just take everything easy. Be how he normally was. That's what Persie probably liked. She probably didn't like Iko being stressed out or panicking over things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom