Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Old Scars Fade Slowly

Um9wLtZ.png

dd54ql0-bc409979-9c0c-49c8-b227-5ee898165bf0.png

Cathar, Ran Dom Kuun, City-Tree of the Denik Tribes
Late afternoon
Tag: Mia Monroe Mia Monroe Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel

To say the idea of a new Manda'lor was scary to the Cathar people was an understatement. The people of Cathar had always been skittish ever since the days of the old Republic, generations of trauma of a homeworld once scorched by Mandalorian hands pooled up into a species that only ever saw their tribes scattered to the wind. In a way, the two peoples were not so different. Scattered tribes hoping to one day finally return to the days of old. The days of unity.

The Cathar named Jonyna however never knew those days. She had only heard old tales of wonder from ancestors. Stories passed down orally through the hearts of Cathar.

An invite had been sent out to meet with Jonyna on her home tree to this new Manda'lor. If they were to lay claim to Cathar and it's sacred ground, then the sage of the Denik, the speaker of her tribe, would find out if they were worthy.

The starport of Ran Dom Kuun was always pretty busy, but the locals seemed to give way when a woman dressed in tribal gear sat waiting at a certain landing platform.

xEvaQGF.png

As Mia lowered their transport onto the home tree's landing pad, her mind wandered. When Ijaat had sat across from her over food on the Pomojema and suggested they rebuild Mandalore, she had not for a moment considered what would come next. What would naturally follow the gradual uniting of clans for a single cause.

But this was it.

The expansion of borders, the growing strength, the need to reach out, to seek resources and allies. while all of it was familiar, it was equally new. a lot had happened in four decades. A lot had changed. The Mandalorian Empire had broken truces she and her predecessors had set up long ago, torched worlds they had promised to protect, using poorly constructed loopholes. the more she dug, the worse she found.

Their mission was more than just rebuilding Mandalore, it was about restoring faith. And It started with those that fell into their borders.

Powering the ship down she turned to Ijaat, settled into the co-pilot seat next to her, his expression told her his mind was as occupied as hers, the weight of his title, the title she'd told him to take, weighing heavier on him now, more than ever. She moved a hand to his knee and squeezed, to draw him out of his thoughts.

"I'm going to start charging you a chauffeur fare." she told him, trying to make light of the situation offering him a smile before rising and collecting her helmet, pressing a brief kiss on his head. "Come, they will be waiting."

Donning her helmet, she lowered the landing ramp. She was here as his guard, to offer protection and guidance where it was needed. the Cathar had good reason to show animosity to them. Mia would make sure it did not escalate.

Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Um9wLtZ.png

The Cathar sage stood, unmoving. Had she been a few years younger, she would've bear her lightsaber at just the sight of them, and none of her tribe would really blame her. But now...

She spoke for them. The Cathar species. She spoke for not just the Denik, but the whole species. She knew the message she wanted to get across, and she waited. Her katana were at her side, but she knew she would not want to draw it. Today was a day of peace.

"Welcome, Mandalorian." She spoke, as Mia Monroe Mia Monroe approached.
"I take it the flight was well? Landing wasn't a problem?"

Mia's sapphire eyes settled on the cathar female that greeted her, while sensors in her helmet marked by weapons that might be held by onlookers. confident there was no immediate threat she descended.

"Welcome, Mandalorian." She spoke, as Mia Monroe Mia Monroe approached. "I take it the flight was well? Landing wasn't a problem?"

She inclined her head in thanks of the welcome. "Thank you for inviting us," she countered as she approached, extending a hand to shake "The flight went well enough, not one I've made for a long time. I'm Mia Monroe, Al'verde of the Protectors."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Um9wLtZ.png

"Jonyna Si, Sage of the Cathar-Denik. Representive of my people. Walk with me, if you will. I take it your Manda'lor is coming soon?"

Jonyna stared at the hand for a moment, before taking it, and shaking. It was a good first step. Maybe theycould finally bury the hatchet. She thought of the Field of Victory. Yes, that's where they would...

Mia noted the pause, the hesitation as Jonyna stared at the extended hand. Mia's heart sank just a little. Whatever damage had been done, the scars of it were still healing. She only hoped that she and Ijaat would be able to ease some concerns, and set them on a path that could see their two people working together to build a better future.

"It's an honour, Jonyna." she commented, stepping in with her at the suggestion of a walk. "He will join us when he is ready."

Ijaat Mereel Ijaat Mereel Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Um9wLtZ.png

Jonyna raised an eyebrow slightly at that, but she didn't let it linger. The Manda'lor was sure to be prepping his own traditions, surely. "So, tell me, what do the Protectors stand for?"

It was a question that lingered in the heart of every Cathar. Every time a new empire had taken their planet, it had been considered another part of a larger holding. Cathar didn't have the resources, or the industry to be an asset to Imperials, and it was simply a trophy to the Sith. But the Mandalorians, they always seemed to be the ones who saw it as a battlefield. What did this version of them see it as?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom