Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Purpose

Wearing: Dress

Armed with: Decoy's Blade (Black Core, Green Aura Lightsaber)

Arrived at Nar Kreeta in: Mercury Courier

Current Configuration: Moya Virtu (See Bio)

The Biot began her morning routine as she usually did, feeding and caring for Pet Rabbits that had once been part of her and Laertia's traveling magic act. Then the Biot petted, hugged, and loved them as much as she could, spending an hour or so with them letting them run around the ship before putting them back in their pens.

Their old ship, The Blessing of Loste, had been put in storage on an airless moon...one of her daughter's rainy day stashes.

She didn't know who her daughter was anymore. Xiphos had replaced the flawed, temperamental but ultimately kind woman Moya had cared for. But she couldn't follow Xiphos down her path of insanity and bloodshed. Leaving had been the only moral choice left.

It had broken Moya's heart to turn her back on Laertia. But she clearly was no longer able to help her, and at the end of the day, Laertia didn't want that help.

She had been in hiding. In the most isolated corners of society doing mercenary work. But even being associated with Laertia a short time had made her a person of interest, wanted for questioning. There was no going back to normal, even if she had left.

But Moya HAD to come here, to Nar Kreeta, where it had all changed for her. Changed for them all.

Nar Kreeta was where Laertia Io had decided that The Bryn'adul had to be opposed at all costs, even if it meant ignoring a dying, crumbling Sith Empire. Laertia had betrayed The Jedi by fighting them at Dantooine when they had disagreed.

They had retaken Nar Kreeta, but the planet was in ruins. Rebuilding had barely begun and she had slipped into a clandestine space port set up in orbit.

She wasn't the only one here. It had been set up by Nar Kreeta refugees. Not military. She couldn't have made it past the security checkpoints in a military run space port. Not without Pheremones.

The Refugee Spaceport was large, constantly swarming with activity, refugees hoping to find family members, an endless tide of suffering.

Moya could only look on the planet from a lone viewport on the ramshackle station, staring at the world that had done what no lone enemy, not even the hated Amalgam could do:

It had finally broken Laertia. Caused a downward spiral Moya feared that there was no recovering from.

She wasn't sure what she hoped to gain. It was dangerous coming here--

She sensed danger behind her and started to go for her blade.

"I would not do it were I you..." said a man's voice with Coruscant Lower Levels accent.

"Turn around...slowly."

Moya turned, black, form fitting gown with exposed shoulders swishing. It cling to her curvy, bronze skinned frame

It was a human man in black, Mandalorian Armor, pointing a Sonic Blaster at her, holding a box.

"You're a hard target to track, Moya Virtu..." The Mandalorian rumbled.

"Who hired you to kill me?" Moya asked.

"Kill? No, no, I'm to take you alive. GA and SJC have questions that need answering. And given how you seem to have decided to become a loose end to Xiphos...easiest choice in the world to send an expert bounty hunter to bring you in. NIO would have paid even more but they remind me too much of the Sith. Plus, I know what they do to their prisoners. Whatever the GA will do pales in comparison to what the NIO would inflict to get the answers they want. You're better off, really."

"And I'm supposed to be greatful for the fact I'm being delivered to a potential Life Imprisonment?"

"It was your own choice to remain with Xiphos up to the point you could not. Whatever made you leave her is your own affair. The Major Factions don't run on forgive and forget. We can make this as easy or as difficult as you want. I'm to bring you in alive. You don't necessarily have to be in one piece."

"What's in the Box?" Moya asked.

"A Vong Unmasquer. Your schematics are still in the databases. No wonder Xiphos never put you in the field too often."

"I don't suppose I could persuade you from this?"

"This armor of mine was especially reinforced against the chemical weapon your Pheremones technically count as. There's a million credit bounty on your head. I'm collecting on it. One way or another. Now do you want to come quietly or--"

Moya flashed a bolt of green lightning that painlessly flung him backward.

Unfortunately, he dropped the box.

Moya gave an involuntary, metallic scream as she saw the Unmasquer, and her flesh immediately, painfully began stretching every which way, violently across her face and arms. Only the special circuitry in her dress reinforced her nervous system enough to prevent the flesh from completely tearing itself off the Biot Skeleton underneath, though her face did violently split open as her metallic shrieks continued, ripping its self off the silvery skull and leaking vast amounts of glowing green blood, muscle tissue flinging everywhere as she staggered back in great pain as The Mandalorian rose up.

"Warned you, Android..." he said, firing a sonic bolt at her that she barely dodged, finally breaking into a run, her face starting to heal and seal up up to its normal, flawless self as soon as she was out of the Unmasquer range.

She ran as fast as she could from the empty area she had wanted only a few moments privacy to reflect in...

Kava Koyote Kava Koyote

Kava watched the altercation from the shadow. She flinched back as the box did whatever it did to the supposed female. She backed away into the shadows and tried to move through the ramshackle space station away from the bounty hunter. She followed the female back to where she was recovering. Sitting in the dark she chittered to herself in binary. "Should I go to her? Is this where the force wants me to go? Why couldn't I just be like all the other padawans?" She stayed back in the shadows and watches through a hole in some stacked crates.

Moya Virtu Moya Virtu

Moya ran and ran from the Bounty Hunter, knowing to be cornered with the Unmasquer again was almost a certain capture.

A heavy Sonic bolt whizzed by her, making her flesh distort for a few seconds as she ran with the aid of the Force. She knew it would be a slim thing to evade him. There wasn't enough time to change to her more advantageous forms and defeat him. She would have to out think him.

As the next sonic bolt whizzed past her head, Moya leapt up to the rafters, activating her Lightsaber and slicing into certain support beams down on him, forcing him to dodge them as she fell to the ground, flipping, ducking, spinning out of the way of his sonic bolts. He then used a flamethrower from a wristmount and Moya barely dodged that, the flames wafting upward. But he got wise and eventually just opened the box again.

Moya hissed, flesh rippled and staggered backward, but managed to throw her Lightsaber blade at the box, which killed the creature inside and took one of his fingers, sprinting at him and grabbing a piece of fallen support beam and brained him in the head with all her might. He was launched backward, but recovered and threw a punch that dislocated her jaw, only did her to start punching him back.

Because Moya could not feel pain normally, she could throw punches that hit much harder than ordinary. She could literally throw all her strength into the blow even if it broke every bone in her hand.

This was what was used to subdue the Hunter...sheer relentless pummeling that beat him to the floor unconscious, even though her broke bones too.

When he was fully subdued, Moya, having fully healed, tied him up with nearby loose cording, disarming him.

Then she at last sensed Kava Koyote Kava Koyote in the shadows, chittering to herself.

"Who's there?" The Android called out, spinning around, sensing her life force as she tried to locate her mysterious observer...

Kava squeaked realizing she had been noticed. Her binary chittering got quick and frantic as she tried to find an exit away from the thing that just took out the bounty hunter. She was scared and it showed in the force even to the point things started to be pushed away from her by the force. He curled up tightly on herself. “Please…. Don’t hurt me” she calls out in basic. Moya Virtu Moya Virtu

Moya finally spotted the source of the life energy she had detected. She instantly became non-aggressive. This creature was no bounty hunter.

"Relax. I won't try to hurt you as long as you don't try and hurt me..." Moya assured. "He's alive, just so you know. He'll wake up in a few hours. Are you one of the Nar Kreeta refugees? I'm Moya. I...I came here to try and figure things out. You can come out. Here. Take my Lightsaber..."

Moya rolled the hilt over to Kava Koyote Kava Koyote

Moya nodded as Kava Koyote Kava Koyote rolled the hilt back to her.

"Yes, let's get away from this Hunter. The station is likely no longer safe..." Moya replied carefully, trying not to scare her.

"My name is Virtu. Moya Virtu."

(Clip of Bond Theme Plays)

"I have a courier. I was planning to go to the surface." Moya explained. "You look hungry. I have food. Nothing special. Rations mostly. You're welcome to it if you don't mind a little travel.

The girl looked scared, and her exile status struck too many chords with Moya, given her failure with Laertia.

There had simply been too much mental damage in the end.

Moya backed off a bit, to give Kava time to come out of the shadows.

Moya took the offered hand of Kava Koyote Kava Koyote and she began walking her through the station and back to the hangar where she was docked.

"Poor thing. You look hungry. I'm not sure what your species eats but if you tell me I'm sure we can find it someplace Moya mentioned as she ran with Kava, keeping her senses alert for any more ambushes.

They finally reached her ship, a Mercury Courier and Moya quickly ushered the young being aboard as she started up take off procedures.

"Make yourself comfy. We'll be at the surface of Nar Kreeta soon..." Moya encouraged as the ship began to lift off.

Once they were heading to the planet, Moya called for Kava to join her in the cockpit.

"Are you alright?" Moya asked. "I'm more than capable of treating any injuries you have."

Moya was desperate for a purpose, desperate to fill the Laertia-Sized hole in her life. She still loved her daughter, even separated.

Kava worked to keep up with the Bion and her torrent of concern, but it wasn’t till she was seated in the copilots seat that she stopped chittering in binary and looked over to her new protector.

“I think I should start from the beginning of your questions and then we can go from there. I am a selonian, we typically eat a meat intensive diet. I am not hurt, however it seems I have found myself destitute and without a master or a care taker. As we are both less than wanted it seems we might find a mutually beneficial arrangement.”

Kava would gently reach out and touch her through the force. “You seem to have suffered a loss recently. I don’t wish to burden you….”Kava sighed softly and looked the other direction.

Moya Virtu Moya Virtu

"No... you're not burdening me..." Moya assured her.

I am Moya Virtu, an Alchemized Biot. An Android, if you will. My primary duties were in protecting someone...caring for them..."

Moya got a tad quiet as she piloted.

"I failed..." she admitted as she sped ever closer to to the planet, at last entering it's upper atmosphere.

"An arrangement... would be beneficial, certainly. It'd certainly be easier surviving with two as opposed to one on the ship. What are you looking for, exactly? I got plenty of meat products. And you're welcome to stay..." Moya said, literally jumping at what Kava Koyote Kava Koyote had suggested. Months of being alone and in hiding had taken their toll.

As they approached a clearing amidst a sea of debris and damage that had yet to be cleaned up, Moya finally set the ship down. The debris would make scans difficult.

"Let's get you something to eat..." She said, powering down all systems. "It'll be safer to move at nightfall..."

Moya led Kava to the ship pantry, pulling out a number of meat products. She had no use for them herself. She bought them so she could pretend she still had a use. That there was someone to take care of. By great fortune, there was.

"Pick one..."

Kava looked over the selection before looking up, sensing the Bion’s need to care for someone. It was a distinct feeling that she had only seen around the hospitalar branch of the Jedi temple. She selects what looked like some kind of fish. Kava handed the container up to the bion and in a small higher pitched voice kava said, “Madam Virtu, I am in your debt. As for an arrangement, that can be worked out though I get the feeling that our relationship need not be so formal, more familial seems better aligned with your programming.” Kava would look down chittering softly in basic, chiding herself for not paying more attention in her diplomacy lessons. It seems that she was very fluent in both basic and binary droidspeak, fluently making the whirs and clicks as easily she pups make conversation in basic.

After a pause she would look up, “I have no home, I have no direction, and the force has seemed silent to me as of late. If assisting you around this ship is my purpose then this is where I belong, if giving you someone to mentor, care for, and train to be as potent as you give you purpose, then I believe the force has driven us to this juncture.” Kava looked up at Moya Virtu Moya Virtu with her eyes wet and it’s apparent that she feels lost and alone and the idea of having a place to belong was an offer she would never be able to refuse.

Moya thought to herself as Kava Koyote Kava Koyote stated that their relationship could be family like.

The offer was too much for her programming to resist as Kava selected the fish ration.

Moya placed a hand on Kava's shoulder.

"I feel how lonely you are, Kava. I am too. We are both in need of someone to care for.

Moya began preparing the Fish Ration for Kava.

"I have been...without direction these many months, and caring for you...it would give purpose to me..." Moya said.

"Very well...if our relationship is to be family...then I hereby adopt you as my daughter. All I ask is that you refer to me as your Mother..." Moya said, the ration finishing it's heating process. She put it on a plate, with it's side dishes.

"Tell me about yourself, my new family member..."

"Your story is...very familiar to me..." Moya admitted to her newly adopted daughter, hiding the pain in her heart over Laertia. She didn't want to make Kava Koyote Kava Koyote sad after giving her a new home.

"There are no bad students. Only poor teachers." Moya assured. "If they didn't know what to do then that was their problem. You don't need to be a Jedi to wield the Light, or fight for good, Kava. That's the trap many Force Users fall into. But for now...just eat, relax."

Moya decided to let slip some of her own origin.

"I'm a one of a kind Prototype. Flawed. Alchemized. I...I failed my previous charge. She...she had a lot of mental health issues I proved simply unable to treat in the end..." she confessed.

"She...she became dangerous...and I couldn't follow her down the path she was going..."

Moya could not hide her sadness at the last statement. Despite her programming saying she had to cut ties if Laertia slipped too far down a destructive path, she couldn't help but still love Laertia.

At least, she still loved who Laertia had been...

Kava ate her food and listened to her new adopted mother. “You say you are flawed? Flawed how? I am pretty good with machines, it seems to be a gift I have in the force, seeing how the machines are meant to work and nudging things back into place… but if I’m stressed or if I’m rushed, things can get a bit… melty.” She said that last part thinking of how many droids that she had ruined the motivators on trying to fix or improve them.

Moya Virtu Moya Virtu

"I'm afraid I am not exactly mechanical...and my flaw is inherent in the design...it can't be overcome with modifications to the design itself...not normally anyway. I overheat in battle sometimes, and I need to wear special equipment to absorb the excess heat build up or I shut down temporarily..."

Moya sat down next to Kava Koyote Kava Koyote .

"Tell me more about yourself, Kava..."

Kava would sigh as she ate her fish, “well, again, I was found as a youngling by a Jedi who found that my queen’s brood had been decimated by some kind of sickness I was the only female left but not a breeder. So the Jedi took me in and brought me back to the temple. I didn’t fit in with my family pod though… I was too fidgety and wasn’t good at sitting for instruction or meditations… so I spent a lot of time in the droid repair area or the dock working with the mechanics.” She smiled weakly at Moya Virtu Moya Virtu .

"Ah...well...I was looking for other details, but we'll get back to that Daughter. My home is your home. My pets are your pets. I keep rabbits around. They were part of an old magic act I was part of. They're very docile and friendly..." Moya assured.

After Kava Koyote Kava Koyote was finished, Moya gave her a tour of the ship, let her pick where she would sleep and also showed her a selection of Blaster Pistols she could take for her own use. It was small but quite a well thought out selection of standard and heavy blasters, slug throwers and Sonic weapons.

"We'll be heading out soon. It's almost night time. Tons of useful stuff to scavenge, even now. But you'll need to stick close. Nar Kreeta was savaged by the invaders...and we will need to be light on our feet..." Moya advised.

“Rabbits? Are they like the Kushiban? I heard that they had really soft fur… like me!” Kava finished and was shown the weapons.
“Um mother, I really havn’t had much experience with blasters, only with Sabers, and then only with training ones, I haven’t even gotten my own kyber crystal. So I don’t know how much protection I can afford. I was learning to use a staff pretty well since selonians’s traditionally use those.” As Moya Virtu Moya Virtu told her their evening’s activities, she smiled, “oh! We get to forage! I’m good at that, especially in junk!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom