Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Rituals of the Past

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

ttlwVA6.png

oO3YGYQ.png

Teresa couldn't help roll her eyes while suppressing a smirk as Braze's began scolding the woman before she even did anything. "Oh come on, Braze, not my fault crystals get depressed when I communicate with them." she chuckled, her tone teasing and light-hearted as she shrugged off his words with ease. "Besides, I came prepared to give your methods a shot. That was the plan from when I requested to do this with you. Even if it's a bit more tedious, there's a certain excitement in trying something new, don't you think?" Compared to the expectations her romance novel built around crystal caves, it was nothing like what she'd expected. Not that it was a bad thing, she was still amused by the puzzle at least.

She wished to delve deeper into her side though Teresa did not know how much his friend knew about her and there was not opportunity to ask and clear that up. "I don't know, there are certainly some memories I would let go of without second thought." She said knowing exactly which moments in her life that would be let go of. "Not that I have regrets."

Listening to the explanation the kid gave to his friend she could not help but want to expand on the full potential of the ability. "Psychometry let's one experience a memory or a moment in the past as if you are the one present in that moment down to the five senses. More used or special the item the better the echoes of the force are imprinted. You never know what you may find within however. You can avoid the worst readings with a little common sense thought."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
There was just so much information for Zaiya to process. To be honest, it was quite the comical and almost breathtaking the display of quickly shifting hues over Zaiya's patters as she went from the vibrant citrine of curiosity, to the deeper amber notes of contemplation, then grey flecks of bewildered comprehension, and then a pearly luminance of a shiny ombre of blues, teals, and aquamarine in overwhelming excitement.

"Oh, the crystals are alive? And can they form bonds as well!" Shock went rippling over her marking and mottled spots in a medley of colors,"Is that why Aris's crystal felt so much for him? I could feel a strong connection between them, but Aris didn't seem to pick up on it. But then again, he said he can't feel the Force outside of his body,"

She pondered, "So it is kinda like the bond with a mate? Lovalla form a symbiotic relationship then, resonating in such a way that our color changes start to match. Does that mean it works the same with the Force?" If so, that meant the Force had more applications with bonds than Zaiya initially imagined. It was both exciting and confusing. Forming kinship bonds like with her parents are what she desired to attain again, but the thought she could do this with a crystal was astounding.

Then, when Braze Braze explained what happens when one mistreats a crystal, Zaiya's hues began to dull and dark greys of melancholy flecked with pale yellow hues of concern swept over her rosy gold skin.

"...oh, no I wouldn't want to mistreat a crystal. I wouldn't want to mistreat anyone! That sounds so horrible." She emphatically shook her head from side to side, determination coloring her skin with dark orange notes with a pale blue glow. "No. I don't want the crystals or anyone to suffer. I want them to be happy and want to communicate with me."

A frown creased Zaiya's brow as Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax mentioned that crystals seemed to react negatively when touched by her. Was it because of the heavy, dark-weighted sensation of a void she felt emanating from Teresa? Zaiya wasn't entirely sure; she was still navigating the complexities of the Force. The fact that Teresa was pregnant added another layer of uncertainty. Was that where the comforting feeling came from? Braze had warned her about Teresa's potential danger, but so far, she hadn't shown any hostility.

Moreover, the prospect of exploring a crystal cave sounded thrilling. Despite her initial hesitation, Zaiya chose to trust Braze's judgment that his friend wouldn't pose a threat to them. Naive, perhaps, but Zaiya, aside from the unsettling, stomach twisting sensation from Lord Kalrath, hadn't encountered another Dark Side Force user before. The spectrum of the Force and how that affected a Force user had yet to be explained to her. For now, Zaiya just wanted to learn more.

"Why would they get depressed, Teresa?" Zaiya asked curiously, bright citrine hues now replacing her concerned confusion before. "Isn't it just like meeting someone new that you want to become friends with? You just have to be friendly and genuinely try to become their friend, right?"

The whole psychometry thing was instantly fascinating to Zaiya, but she held off asking to learn more about it now, choosing to focus on crystals and how one would resonate with them.

"I'm happy to try to resonate with the inscription to see if it works." She bounced excitedly in place, her bangles and chandelier earrings giving a musical jingle.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

Braze frowned deeply at Teresa, his expression briefly revealing his disapproval of her suggestion. "Well," Braze began, clearing his throat. He had immersed himself in research on the subject of bleeding kyber crystals, approaching the topic with intense focus.

Turning to Zaiya, his tone became gentle yet serious. "To 'bleed' a kyber crystal, a user aligned with the Dark Side must infuse the crystal with their pain, anger, and hatred. This isn't only about channeling dark emotions; it necessitates overpowering the crystal's will, coercing it to align with theirs through the Force. Typically, this is achieved by concentrating on one's deepest grievances, fears, and rage, corrupting the crystal's natural harmony with these potent emotions.

The process is
excruciating for the crystal. Being inherently connected to the light side of the Force, kyber crystals suffer immensely when made to resonate with dark energies—a violation of their essence. It's this suffering that turns the crystal red, marking its corruption. Essentially, the act symbolizes the rejection of the Force's natural balance in favor of imposing one's will,"
Braze explained thoroughly. His intention was to educate, fueled by his recent studies on kyber crystals.

"To bleed a crystal is to torture a sentient being, dominating and enslaving it, bending it to one's will through its anguish. That's not our path. Our aim is to form a bond with the crystals, a partnership, a friendship. There might be claims from the misinformed that this bond is exploitative, suggesting we use the crystals solely for weaponization. That's a misconception," he continued, his voice trailing thoughtfully.

He then elaborated on the Jedi's approach: "The process a Jedi undergoes to bond with a crystal starts with a ritual that's as much a part of the Jedi's personal growth as it is about finding the crystal. This ritual is rooted in meditation and the Force's guidance, leading the Jedi to a crystal that resonates with their spirit. It's believed the crystal and the Jedi choose each other, forging a bond that mirrors the Jedi's connection to the Force.

After discovering their kyber crystal, a Jedi's bond with it deepens. Through additional meditation and often through the ceremonial crafting of their lightsaber, the Jedi infuses the crystal with their essence, harmonizing it with their presence in the Force. This bond
transforms the lightsaber into more than a weapon—it becomes an extension of the Jedi, a conduit for the Force. It's akin to having a close friend and confidant to rely on."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

This was a lot of information.

Granted, Lovallas typically favored highly intellectual pursuits, but there was an overwhelming amount of information to digest regarding crystals and the various methods of resonating with them. Learning that one could torture a crystal into submission made Zaiya's skin crawl, evoking a nauseating sensation that caused lime-green patterns to ripple across her skin as she visibly shuddered.

"I wouldn't want a crystal to feel tortured like that, let alone another person," Zaiya replied. While it certainly confused her a bit with the abundance of information, Zaiya at least knew for sure that torturing a crystal was not for her.

"No, I'd rather try it the other way. As if I am asking it to be my friend." That way, consent was there. It was akin to when adult Lovalla signaled their interest in a potential partner by exhibiting a particular color combination across their patterns and mottled spots. In Zaiya's case, she would retain her rosy golden complexion while beginning to shimmer with a light amber hue over her stripes. This would be accompanied by a ripple of ombres transitioning from red to gold, with a golden bioluminescent edge adding to the display. There would be no doubt regarding interest and, if reciprocated, would allow for discussion on potentially dating. Or for being politely turned down.

"Can this be done with any crystal, or must they be specific? What about gemstones, rocks, or... umm, pearls?"

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

ttlwVA6.png

oO3YGYQ.png

She looked to Zaiya as her colours changed in their bioluminescent hues. She looked puzzled and it kinda showed in the girls expression as Braze went into the deep dive of a complex perspective. Certainly a perspective she did not wholly agree with. "Darksiders bonding with their crystals the way they do is as much a rite of passage as it is for the light side users to do theirs. Just because the process is different does not change the level of bond that is made. A blade must become one with its owner otherwise it will be unwieldy and heavy. Though that's the last I am saying on this because we can debate this for hours and it would bring down the fun hum?"

Taking note of Zaiya's question teresa pondered it wondering. She had only ever heard mention that there was some types though the name of it eluded her. "Not all, but most. Some Crystals have strong alignments that are unwilling to shift to the other side. As for why they'd get depressed from me, Just ask Braze later. I let him see my past. Be warned it's not a nice story." Also it was too early to talk about her time in slavery or the years becoming more wild, Teresa certainly did not want to delve into the times she was kidnapped and experimented on.

There where parts Braze did not know about that was more personal and stories for other days. She shifted the liquid metal that was like bracelets around her wrists. The form changed with abstract shapes rolling constantly, blocky pointy, bumpy, endless. Teresa was simply playing with it like a stim toy.

Braze spoke in a gentle tone, suggesting, "I think there are a few other materials you could consider... like a Kryat dragon's pearl." His voice carried a hint of deference, acknowledging Teresa's expertise while offering his own insight.

After expressing his perspective and listening to Teresa's response, Braze seemed to accept her viewpoint, at least for the moment. He indicated with his demeanor that he wasn't going to relentlessly argue with her about it.

Entering the caverns, Braze observed the sparkling waters and the luminescent fish that danced within them. With deliberate movements, he sat down and presented the fish with small rice paper origami flowers as food. The fish eagerly devoured the offering, swirling around in apparent delight.

As he settled into the tranquil ambiance of the cavernous lake, Braze spoke softly, as though addressing unseen entities, "Uh... Well... I don't really have much that I think you might like, but I have some small treasures you can have." It was as if he hoped the spirits of the cave would listen to his humble offering. Carefully, he took out a bag of marbles, selecting a few shining specimens to place on the stone floor, their glossy surfaces catching the light and shimmering in the dim illumination of the cave.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
Darksiders? There were a lot of terminologies that Zaiya didn't quite comprehend yet. She frowned, processing all of this, and kept her questions to herself. She wanted to be sure she was asking the right questions now instead of bombarding them with them. It also seemed that there was more to Teresa's story, and a compassionate gaze over to her indicated that it was okay; there was no need to share what she wasn't comfortable with.

Pearls, Darksiders, all kinds of stuff. Crafting a mental list, the Lovalla followed Braze Braze and Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax , pausing only to study Braze curiously as he seemed to talk to someone -- but there wasn't anyone but fish.

"Who are you talking to Braze?" Zaiya asked curiously, her head canting to the side. She stepped forward, only to crouch down to see the beautiful glowing fish he had just fed. A smile drew over her face, they were beautiful.

"Are you talking to the fish?" at least, that is what it seemed like. If Braze could make bonds with others, then maybe that's how he spoke to fish as well.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

ttlwVA6.png

oO3YGYQ.png

As Braze led the way into the cave, Teresa followed closely behind, traversing the now-familiar passageways with ease. Occasionally, a gentle hum slipped from her lips, the melody of the song still echoing in her mind. As they moved deeper, Teresa's gaze fell upon the spot where the moss had been disturbed the day before. To her surprise, it had been carefully replaced, seamlessly blending back into its surroundings.

'When I'm done, ohhhh when I am done, I am taking so much of this. Arrogant shadow creatures. Serves you right for scaring the chit out of me,' she muttered in her head, her aura flickering momentarily as she thought about the frustrations of an entity that was not so frightened by a lightsaber beam. Though they also seemed like cautious curious critters. She still did not like them.

Eventually arriving at the water, the watched the young Jedi go first. Teresa let off a soft chuckle at Zaiya's questions, briefly pondering what to say. "The mean things from yesterday, they're strange shadow crystal creature things. I'm not fond of them."

Upon reaching the water's edge, Blackened Valkyrie watched as the young Jedi proceeded ahead, while Zaiya followed closely behind. She chuckled softly at Zaiya's questions finding amusement at her for lack of better words simple mind. "I think he's talking to the creatures from yesterday," she clarified, her voice tinged with unease. "They are strange shadowy crystal beings. I'm not particularly fond of them."

Her right wing wrapped around her body a little, and Teresa delved a hand in between the feathers, enclosing around one. With a light pull, the unique feather, the length of a sword, was released. Teresa's wing returned back to its normal resting place, a look of pride on her face as she was starting to feel confident with a complex technique.

Teresa stepped forward, gesturing with her hands to rotate the feather and setting it down softly onto the ground at her feet. "These trials are silly." She looked at Braze and with a huff rolling her eyes the woman prepared to say thee most cringe worthy words to ever grace her lips. "May this token of my journey find favor with the spirits of this sacred place. In giving, I seek harmony with nature and the blessings of this caves chit head occupants." she recalled this from the vision of the past. Though It was not perfect and purposefully altered the end it was close enough.

There was no discernible change; nothing significant seemed to occur. It was just... a quiet cave.

Braze turned to Zaiya, a look of uncertainty crossing his face. "I saw them feeding the fish in the vision... uh, well, I'm not sure if we did it right. But yeah. Is there anything you want to say or do for the... spirits?" He asked, shifting his gaze towards Zaiya before turning his attention to Teresa. "That was kinda rude. I think you're supposed to be respectful."

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png
Zaiya could sense a fluttering from Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax , a shifting that perked her interest. She wasn't sure, but it felt as if it was smoldering the area more. It wasn't directed at her or Braze Braze , but it was there. Was the Force influenced by emotions? Before Zaiya could ask, Teresa and Braze answered her question, in that he was talking to the spirits of the cave.

When Teresa took one of her feathers to offer it as a sacrifice, Zaiya got an idea. Althought, to be fair, Braze was a bit right regarding the way she did it, but then again, unless someone showed Teresa how to do it, how does one know how to make the offering?

While they discussed the method of delivery, Zaiya brought her hands up, her bracelets giving out a small jingle. Something precious. Well, her jewelry certainly fit the mark but they weren't completely precious.

No, not as much as her hair.

Taking the pins from the thick tresses, Zaiya's colorful hair came cascading down, falling down over her shoulders and back in a wavy mess. She fluffed it a bit, then gave a sigh. She had specially dyed it in hues of magenta, cobalt, and aqua to make the white strands stand out. At its full length, her hair reached all the way to her waist.

Playing with her solid state hologram tool band on her wrist, she selected an option to display a small knife. Selecting a section of hair that wouldn't stick out too much, she brought it up and cut a lock from it. Her colors muted in the slight displeasure, but she knew that this would genuinely mean more to her as a sacrifice than a bangle.

Deactivating the small SSH knife, she carefully coiled it and set it down beside the feather Teresa had given. "Here is my tribute. Hair for a Lovalla, is a precious extension of our identity and ability to express ourselves. I specifically dyed it to the colors I wanted to show off because I'm not able to be as bright as the typical Lovalla. Please take this as a willing offer from me." Zaiya stated as respectfully and earnestly as she could.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

ttlwVA6.png

oO3YGYQ.png
Teresa's expression turned flat as she waited, anticipating some sort of something, but nothing happened. She glanced at Braze, then to Zaiya, who stepped forward and placed a lock of hair next to the crystalline feather with a smaller one extending out. "Bright doesn't always mean better," Teresa remarked thoughtfully. "I find soft glows more calming than the in-your-face brightness. Especially when you've just woken up. Put more value in who you are, it makes you stronger as a person. When you do, you'll find a good foot to rush forwards grinning at the rest, alright?"

Though her tone carried a hint of displeasure at hearing a kid demean themselves, it was clear that Teresa's words were also kind. An adult wouldn't receive such kind words from her; they'd likely face harsh cruel belittlement pushing them to flight freeze or flee. Teresa glanced back at Braze, raising a slightly quizzical eyebrow. "So, I suppose we leave them here then? I'm not entirely sure," she admitted, feeling a bit embarrassed by her earlier words.

Turning back to Braze, her golden-orange eyes shimmered with curiosity. "How do we actually go about acquiring these crystals, Braze? You mentioned there's a process to it that you guys follow." Despite the slight embarrassment, Teresa was genuinely interested in the singing crystals and wanted to know more about them. She mused that facing Jedi in mortal combat on the battlefield seemed less tedious than this, though bleeding crystals wasn't a problem. After all, the colors were pretty and collecting them was enjoyable. Except for that one brown lightsaber crystal—she'd tossed that away without a second thought because of its putrid colour.

Last edited:

Even as Zaiya presented her thoughtful gift of her hair, accompanying it with sweet words of respect, the environment remained unchanged. The cave stayed as it was—deep and dark, illuminated only by the gentle glow of fish swimming languidly in the waters. No grand transformation occurred, no visible sign that their actions had made an impact.

Despite this, Braze sat in silence for a moment, his expression shifting to a frown. He had perhaps expected some significant acknowledgment from the spirits. Standing up, he dusted off the seat of his pants and then his hands.

"Well," he began, his tone shifting as he addressed the situation, "when it comes to finding a crystal as a Jedi, you sort of... reach out to the Force... and listen. It's all about listening, really. If you can tune into the sounds around you, into the silence, into the essence of the Force itself, that's where it starts. You reach out... and if there's a call, a pull, you feel it. You latch onto that feeling, hold it firmly, and follow its call. Finding your crystal isn't about looking with your eyes—it's about sensing with your spirit. The crystal that's meant for you will resonate, it'll stand out from the rest because it's in harmony with your own energy. So, listen closely, and let the Force guide you towards your crystal." Braze explained, emphasizing the intuitive and deeply personal nature of connecting with one's lightsaber crystal. "Your heart will know it is the one... So... do either of you feel anything ? Or should we venture deeper? I think it's best we stay together... some times these caves can play tricks and be dangerous. "

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Zaiya was notably disappointed that there had been no confirmation or response from the cave. She had given something very precious to her, and as a Lovalla, there was no mistaking her confused disappointment, as her colors dampened and her mottled spots began to gleam in muted greys of confusion.

She contemplated if maybe she did something wrong while Braze Braze and Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax continued her discussion. It wasn't because she didn't want to pay attention, it was more that as a young teenager who just cut off a lock of her precious, precious hair, the angst at how long it would take to grow back as long as it was before hit her.

Biting her lower lip, Zaiya gave a sigh. Maybe she just need to learn more about these crystals and all. Braze mentioned that one had to meditate and try to let the Force guide you to the crystal that spoke to you, but either Zaiya was too busy bemoaning the loss of the lock of her hair, or maybe her crystal that so deemed to think her worthy wasn't here.

"Let's go deeper then?" the Lovalla wasn't sure what sort of crystals they would find, but maybe once they explored more, she'd hear or sense what Braze was talking about.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

ttlwVA6.png

oO3YGYQ.png

As Teresa listened to Braze's explanation, she felt a little confused by it. Closing her eyes, she lifted her hand as the woman drew in a deep breath. A dark aura flowed freely around her like a weighted blanket with a violent embrace. However, it didn't stay that way for long as it began to be filtered through the amulet. The dark aura transformed into something light with a graceful, protective feeling that permeated and radiated around the woman. Letting out the deep breath, the blackened Valkyrie's shoulders relaxed, and even her wings drooped down a little as she relaxed. There was no sound other than the girl's voice agreeing with Braze to go further in.

Though she did not reply, Teresa continued trying for a moment longer, feeling unsure if she was doing it right. "Reach out and listen" were such vague instructions. Teresa sighed while opening her eyes, which had become ruby red and normal-looking due to the effects of the amulet. "Yeah, I don't see why not," she finally replied. "I don't even know if I am doing this right," Teresa admitted.

"And I agree, no splitting up. Definitely for the best after last time," She said looking towards Braze. "I am not exactly nimble in closed places either at the moment." Noting the many directions they could take, Teresa wanted to take a different path to the one she went down the day before. "Neither of us wandered this way yesterday."

Teresa's wings sprawled out as she hopped across the small stretch of water the light lift enough to effortlessly make it across.

Braze sensed Zaiya's frustration resonating within the Force, an undercurrent of disappointment that tugged at his own memories of past trials. Moving closer, he placed a hand gently atop her head, his touch meant to soothe and reassure. "It's okay, Zaiya," he murmured with a softness that belied his warrior's exterior. "I, too, stumbled during my initial trials with the Crystal. Persistence is key. Together, we'll find the one meant for you. Let's press on, shall we?"

With a comforting smile, he extended his hand, an invitation for her to join him in stepping forward. Braze, with a casual grace, discarded his shoes and entered the water, welcoming the cool embrace around his feet. The cavern's luminescent fish, attracted by the disturbance, swam around him in a swirl of light, their gentle nips a playful acknowledgment of his presence.

Meanwhile, Teresa, extending her senses through the Force, ventured into a realm of deeper connection. She became the first among them to detect a stirring, a distant whisper that called out to her spirit. This was the call of something greater, a beacon within the vastness of the cavern that beckoned with the promise of discovery.

In the quietude of the cavern, time seemed to pause and the weight of the world faded into the background; There was a brief moment of profound stillness. Nestled deep with in the confines of stone and darkness, a subtle shift occured—a sensation so delicate it might have been dismissed as imagination, were it not for the undeniable pull it exerts on the very core of Teresa's being.

It was like a whisper, not of sound, but of feeling. A gentle tug, like the first thread of light at dawn that promises the sun's return. This sensation grew in depth in to an unseen call that resonates with something hidden deep within her. It's a resonance that speaks to the heart,.

Should Teresa move closer, guided by this invisible tether, the air around her would seem to almost throb with potential, charged with an energy that is both foreign and intimately familiar. There's a warmth here, a sense of welcome that envelops her in an embrace as comforting as it is invigorating.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

Dejected, Zaiya wasn't sure if the brief nauseating sensation she felt was due to her depression at the thought of how long it will take for her to grow that lock of hair back or something else. Thankfully, the Lovalla wasn't so used or trained to the differences between the Dark and Light side spectrum of the Force, that unless it was a distinct killing intent like the grisly looking Twi'lek on Tython, Zaiya wasn't able to pick it up as easily.

So when Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax Teresa Pelles | Darth Pellax relaxed her aura only for the pendant to convert it to lightside energy, the blame was placed firmly in Zaiya's anxiety.

"Okay," Zaiya said in response to Braze Braze saying that it wasn't abnormal to struggle with resonating with a crystal on your own. Thankfully, Teresa confirmed that they should stay together. Taking Braze's cues, Zaiya took off her sandles and held them with one hand, while the other, she held outstretched for Braze to help her across. She'd never gone spelunking before, so this was just as interesting... if a little glum that it didn't appear the cave thought her tribute was worthy.

As they continued on, Zaiya did her best to keep her mind open and just think about what Braze instructed on how to try and search for a crystal. At they went deeper, Zaiya found herself wondering how Aris Noble Aris Noble found his crystal. Didn't he say he was unable to use the Force? I'll have to ask him later, the Lovalla mused.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

ttlwVA6.png

oO3YGYQ.png
She heard the two behind step into the waters, though from the side Teresa went to, there was a slope to allow her to walk in easier. The cool waters were a little unpleasant as they slowly rose to the height of her knees. "Ohhh, it's so cold. I was too on edge last time to notice right away," she complained. No fish had yet to come around her, though the glow party seemed to be coming this way with the other two.

One thing Teresa did notice before channeling the force through the amulet was the shifting emotion of the girl. "Do you also feel sensitive to the aura of others? If so, my bad," she said, not quite apologizing but admitting her action. "I normally focus it inwards, rather than just letting go... I guess. I felt you shifting emotionally, and it was a little off-putting, so I fed the force through this to make it feel different." The Valkyrie turned to face them and lifted the amulet a little. "The one I gave Braze does the same. Except he's of the lightside, so it would feel the opposite."

"I get it though, strong force auras can feel... off or wrong. To describe how it feels would be like the shudder one gets at the smell of spoiled blue milk. It can hit people emotionally too. For example, that might have been me making you anxious for a moment there." Teresa turned, facing down the tunnel, still focusing and reaching out. Slowly, sound began to feel a little distant, and a soft deep hum could be felt for a second. It was the sound of a drop hitting the water that snapped her out of it so quickly.

Just a feeling, but it was there. Something that was different, yet a familiar feeling. Taking steps forward, the blackened Valkyrie began to feel a little warmer. Her pace was deliberately much slower, and the woman even held onto the side to some extent for support. "I've got a good feeling about this way." The woman's voice echoed down the tunnel, along with the sounds of water being disturbed.

"It's okay, Zaiya," Braze whispered, his voice tinged assurance in the eerie silence of the dark caves. The dim light barely touched the jagged walls, casting long, haunting shadows that seemed to dance with their movements. "I'll protect you," he promised.

"Yeah, let's just stick close together," he added, sensing a shift in the air.

He could tell Teresa was also becoming aware of it, her steps hesitating slightly as if the ground beneath them whispered secrets only she could hear.

"Do you... feel something?" Braze asked Teresa as he moved extending his hand towards Zaiya to assist her through the waters.

Several of fishes swirled around Teresa and Zaia harmlessly nipping at them too.

BP9MQYZ.png
wHxnyHV.png

"Do you also feel sensitive to the aura of others? If so, my bad," she said, not quite apologizing but admitting her action. "I normally focus it inwards, rather than just letting go... I guess. I felt you shifting emotionally, and it was a little off-putting, so I fed the force through this to make it feel different." The Valkyrie turned to face them and lifted the amulet a little. "The one I gave Braze does the same. Except he's of the lightside, so it would feel the opposite."

Zaiya turned to look at Teresa, confusion in her iridescent opal blue eyes until it registered what the taller woman was saying. "Wait, so I was feeling that from you?" a ripple of soft greys flecked with pale yellow in concern would shift over her patterns only to fade into a bright citrine hue of curiosity.

"Oh... umm...Well, I'm still figuring it out myself. I really don't know what it all means other than when it feels as if I'm queasy and smothered or if it makes me feel light and warm, like as if the suns rays are shining down on me on a nice summer day." Zaiya explained, although her interest was piqued regarding why Teresa felt that way and also, how that amulet worked.

"Do you always feel like that? Does it make you feel queasy too?" the Lovalla teen asked. If so, oh that would be so bad; Zaiya wouldn't want anyone to feel queasy all the time.

"Why would you need to use the amulets? Is it so that you don't feel sick either?" this was all new to Zaiya, so she wasn't sure how that worked. In her innocence, the thought of hiding once's light or darkside aura was a strange thing indeed.

"I'll protect you,"

When Zaiya heard that, she gave Braze a warm smile, "I know, thank you," and she meant it. She placed her trust on Braze because she had no reason not to. He was Aris's friend after all.

A fish would nibble at her toes and Zaiya gave a half giggle, only to continue on as Braze led the path. However, she paused as Braze asked Teresa if she felt anything. Curious, the Lovalla watched quietly, curious to see what would happen next. Did this happen all the time when someone was looking for a crystal? So many questions and not enough time to ask them.

qXrM5Mv.png
xBoI1s8.png

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge

oO3YGYQ.png

"Wait, so I was feeling that from you?" "Do you always feel like that? Does it make you feel queasy too? "Why would you need to use the amulets? Is it so that you don't feel sick either?"

Teresa lightly chuckled at the questions that came in left and right, though the small fish bouncing into her skin played a part in some of the giggles. "So, in order: Yes, it could have been. I could lift the amulet off if you want to confirm it?" she suggested as a way for the girl to experiment and learn if she wished. "As for, does it always maybe— I think, it's just some people feel wrong is the only way I can really explain it. There are some that are very pleasant to be around though." Teresa spoke honestly as each word reverberated from the walls.

"As for the amulets, they just make our natural presence feel the complete opposite. It changes my eyes to look like they were when I was little. It would make Braze, however, look like he'd embraced the dark side and feel like it too. I got one to sort of replace my other and one for him to simply protect a friend." She'd look back as the soft illuminations caught the ruby-red eyes. "I don't have many," her hands raised up holding up six fingers.

Stepping further, it became more clear that there was at least something on the edge and present. When Braze asked, she hummed her affirmation. "Maybe. It was like a deep humming sound, I think, but it was only for a moment." The woman, step by step, shifted towards the center, having to slightly duck down, submerging more into the waters. Both wings stretched back a little so that they'd not scrape against the top.

"Hopefully not all of this is in here is though water. If there is no dry land on the other side, then uhh, can you try to show me, explain it as I do it? Maybe I might feel what it is I need to," she said a little sheepishly. "It's a little embarrassing but being just explained things, it's sometimes more confusing than being shown or talked through in steps as I am doing."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom