Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Shadows Dance by Candlelight

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: OPEN

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png
Braze settled himself onto the cool stone floor of the cavern, feeling the ancient energy of the earth beneath him. With a gentle flick of his wrist, he conjured flames to ignite each of the candles he had placed around him. The warm light cast flickering shadows on the rough cavern walls.

Taking a moment to center himself, Braze donned his black silken blindfold, enveloping himself in darkness. Deprived of sight, his other senses heightened, allowing him to fully immerse himself in the meditation. He listened intently to the subtle crackling of the flames, feeling their warmth radiating through the air.

In the darkness behind his blindfold, Braze focused his energies on each of the seven candles before him. With each breath, he drew in the essence of the flames, allowing their energy to flow through him. As he exhaled, he directed his focus towards the flames, willing them to grow in strength and intensity.

With each cycle of breath, Braze felt the power of the flames responding to his concentration, their glow growing brighter and more vibrant. Lost in the rhythm of his meditation.

Um9wLtZ.png

"Ya know, with how often you wear them, you'd think you're the blind one and not Ko." Jonyna's voice cut through the meditiation, watching Braze from afar. "Still practicing your pyrokinesis, kid?"

Tag: Braze Braze

TAGS: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Braze's concentration wavered for a moment as Jonyna's voice disrupted his meditation. A small smile graced his lips, hearing the familiar voice of his friend.

"Yes... actually, I'm trying to focus on control," he admitted, his tone soft and contemplative. "I've learned it's relatively important when it comes to something so... destructive." He trailed off, his words hanging in the air like the wisps of smoke from the candles.

"Ya know... it's kind of funny... I used to fear the dark a lot... but this... it's kind of comforting," Braze continued, his voice carrying a hint of introspection. He adjusted his position on the cavern floor, the smooth fabric of his blindfold comforting against his skin as he settled back into his meditation. "Would you care to join in the practice? The flames respond well to your presence, as I recall."

Um9wLtZ.png

"Not how I usually practice, but sure. You lead, kid." She smiled, sitting down and watching the boy work. Braze had always had a knack for this kind of thing, and Jonyna was curious of how he planned to hone his skill. She had done the same her own way centuries ago. That had involved a lot of falling on her face, and plenty of singed fur.

Braze returned Jonyna's smile with a nod of gratitude, acknowledging her willingness to participate in his unconventional method of practice.

"Thank you, Jonyna," he said, his voice carrying a note of appreciation. "I find that exploring different approaches can often lead to new insights and growth."

Braze's attention turned to the flickering flames before him, their golden tongues dancing in the darkness. "Let's start by focusing on just one candle," he suggested, his voice calm and steady. "We'll work together on manipulating its flame, practicing a push and pull technique."

He turned towards Jonyna, a determined glint in his sightless gaze despite the blindfold. "Focus on your breathing," he instructed gently. "Feel the rhythm of each inhale and exhale, and let it guide your connection to the fire. With each exhale, imagine pushing a wave of heat towards the flame, then pulling it back with your next inhale. It's all about the ebb and flow of the force."

As he spoke, Braze demonstrated the technique, his movements fluid and controlled. With each breath, he directed the energy of the flames, shaping them with a subtle grace.

Um9wLtZ.png

This was, admittedly, nothing new to the Knight, but she followed Braze's instructions to the letter. For now, she wanted to show him the respect of learning his own way.

Her breathing slowed, as she pushed and pulled on the flame slowly. Control like this, it was a simple task nowadays for her. Back during her trials, she probably would've laughed at the idea of it ever being easy.

"So, why fire?" She asked idly. "You're pretty good with wind, why not try water next?"

Braze's focus faltered slightly as he reflected on Jonyna's question, his mind drifting back to a time long past.

"Well... I... I've tried water once before... in a way or manner of speaking..." he began, his voice soft with reminiscence. "And I've almost drowned myself."

His grip on the flames loosened as he spoke, the once steady sway of the candles faltering momentarily. "I met someone when I was trying to teach myself how to use water..." he continued, his tone tinged with a mixture of admiration and humility. "They floated on the wind like a dandelion, but they did it so effortlessly... She was like a nymph or a fairy.... she was beautiful and inspiring... "

Braze fell silent for a moment, lost in memories of the past. "She said I was pretty dumb, and in hindsight, I think I was..." he admitted ruefully. "I was trying to learn on my own, and it was stupidly dangerous."

As he spoke, Braze's expression softened, a hint of vulnerability creeping into his features. He glanced towards Jonyna's direction.

Um9wLtZ.png

Jonyna's technique never faltered, and Braze could probably figure that her talking was her own way of pushing him in his practice.

"When I first started learning how to use fire, it happened kinda suddenly. We were trying to rescue this scientist on Naboo from the Empire. Getting in, we thought everything was going well, before suddenly we ran into an Inquisitor. He chopped off my boyfriend's hand, and nearly beat me into submission, before we had to chase after him. He nearly got away, escaping on an airspeeder. But...in the last moment, as he was just about to get away, I thought of how frustrated I was. How I was worried Giran wouldn't make it. I didn't really think about what I was doing, I just...jumped, and let it all out at once. Launched myself into the air, had to have been at like, 70 miles an hour. My fur caught fire, and I was left with a massive headache, but...I got the scientist."

She smiled. "The Force is strange like that. When you need it most, it gives you a way to succeed, but never in the way you expect. On Cathar, we believe that the Force is just as much a living being as we are. To master it, you learn to befriend it. Tame it. It took me a long time to tame my own fire. Would you like to see how I practiced back in the day?"

Braze's focus wavered momentarily as Jonyna recounted her harrowing experience. He blinked, attempting to regain his concentration as they spoke, the flickering flames serving as a reminder of the task at hand.

"That's quite the experience," he remarked, his voice thoughtful. "When you unleashed your power like that... do you think you tapped into the dark side?"

As he posed the question, Braze felt a surge of inspiration to refocus his attention on their practice. But a nagging curiosity lingered, compelling him to seek further insight from Jonyna.

"What was that like for you?" he asked gently, his tone tinged with genuine curiosity. He wondered how Jonyna had navigated the line between power and temptation, and he awaited her response with keen interest.

However, before delving deeper into the topic, Braze couldn't help but inquire about Jonyna's offer to demonstrate her past fire training.
"By the way," he interjected, his curiosity piqued, "what exactly did you practice back in the day? I'm intrigued to see what you're offering to show me before I agree to it."

Um9wLtZ.png

"I don't think so." Jonyna had pondered the thought herself, but at this point she was pretty sure in her answer. "The Dark Side is....different. It feels different. Almost like, oil. It sticks to you, making you want to use it more. I never felt that with fire. What I did in that moment, it wasn't out of some...hatred. I needed to succeed. To save the day. At least, how I understand it, that need was what fueled my flame."

She paused, considering Braze's next question. The line between Light and Dark, it was a tightrope that she had walked before.

"...when I met my second master, the ghost of a jedi my people practically worshipped, she explained to me that the dark side isn't just some temptation. It's not some new voice in your head, spurring you to be evil like some holodrama plot, it's...it's you. It's in you, always. It's the voice in your head telling you to throw that snowball at the kid who did nothing wrong. It's the every intrusive thought you've ever had, slowly getting louder and louder. I've struggled with it myself, but..." She paused, pouting slightly. "I always reminded myself why I was fighting. Not out of revenge, but because I lived by a code. Not the jedi code, my own. Do Good, even when it is inconvenient. Protect the Innocent, for you are their shield. Fight Evil where it stands, with both kindness and fury. Above all else, survive. You are one of few. Do not let the Light die out." She quoted, looking to Braze with a soft smile. "The jedi and sith will tell you that good is subjective, but I find it's pretty black and white. Being a good person isn't hard, ya know?"

Finally, she smiled as she got to her feet. "Oh! I used to practice like this!"

Her feet ignited, slowly lifting her, letting her hover slightly. "Mom used to make me do this to practice my control. Just float around and see how long I can stay airborne."

Braze absorbed Jonyna's words with a thoughtful expression, nodding slowly as he processed her perspective on the Light and Dark sides of the Force.

"It's like an eternal struggle within yourself," he mused softly, his tone contemplative. "Your personal code seems to be a guiding light amidst that battle."

With a respectful gaze, Braze thanked Jonyna for sharing her insights. "You've given me a lot to think about," he admitted, his appreciation evident in his tone. He removed his blind fold to see what she was doing.

As Jonyna demonstrated her ability to hover with the Force, Braze's eyes widened with awe. "Incredible!" he exclaimed, genuinely impressed. "Your control is amazing. You've clearly mastered your abilities."

With a warm smile, Braze expressed his eagerness to learn from Jonyna. "I'd love to see more of what you can do, and maybe you could help me improve my own skills too."

"I don't think I've ever made fire come out of my feet before," he mused, his tone a mixture of wonder and a hint of envy. He paused, his gaze still fixed on the flickering fire, then turned to his mentor, searching for guidance. "How do you focus that?" he asked curiously, eager to learn the secret behind such a unique skill.

Um9wLtZ.png

"Same way you do with your hands." Jonyna chuckled, idly gliding around the stone floor, using the small but controlled flame as a sort of hoverboot. "Just takes focus, and a bit of creativity! Fire can burn, but it also is a great way to move!" She giggled, twirling like an ice skater! "You can do anything you want with a little creativity! You can save the galaxy!"

Braze rose to his feet, his mind shifting into a state of deep focus. He drew in several slow, deliberate breaths, centering himself before he moved into action. With a swift, graceful motion, he executed a high kick, and to his surprise, flames erupted from it, casting a warm glow over the training area.

"Oh, well then... I suppose you're right," he remarked, his eyes dropping to his boots with a mix of curiosity and amusement. "I wonder why my shoes don't catch fire..." He trailed off, pondering the anomaly.

As he watched the lingering flames, a thoughtful frown creased his brow. "I don't know if I can sustain prolonged jets like that," he admitted, his gaze still fixed on the fading fire, considering the limits of his newfound ability.

Um9wLtZ.png

"A quick flame won't, but keep your feet aflame long enough and you'll melt 'em. Had to make mine special." She spun around idly, smiling. "Imbued with the force, so they don't burn. It's not too hard! Just gotta keep your concentration." She skated over, and around Braze in a circle. "Like I said, it's practice. Give yourself a task you think is impossible, and just keep at it. Punch the wall till it falls."

Braze moved towards a seat and slid off his shoes. He hesitated as a flicker of doubt crossed his mind. "I somehow think this might be a bad idea," he murmured, trailing off as he stood up. Flexing his toes, he attempted to project flames from both feet. However, instead of a fiery display, Braze lost his balance and stumbled forward, barely catching himself before his face hit the ground. "Ow," he muttered, wincing from the awkward fall.​

Um9wLtZ.png

Jonyna let out a snort, before offering a hand to help him up. "Trust me, I did that a ton when I first started. Still do occasionally. Just trust me, bad ideas are only bad if you give up halfway through."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom