Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange Bedfellows

TB-705

T
Thengil tapped the device several times, brow furrowed in feline frustration.

"Is it on?"

The Togorian assisting him in setting up the holoprojector nodded once.

"Hmph. Thank you, Rakhad. You may leave."

"As you wish, Goldenmane." The words came out with a slight, musical lilt to them. Soft and sly as a serpent. The Sith's yellow eyes narrowed slightly on Rakhad's retreating form. The Togorian was cunning and a valuable asset, but the sort of person whose very presence made it such that Thengil had to check his wine twice before drinking.

Just in case.

The Cathar turned his attention to the holoprojector, which presumably now displayed his seated form for the others to see, just as he could now see them. The meditation chamber on board his ship was stark and devoid of distracting accoutrements, perfect for this sort of tete-a-tete.

"Greetings," he rumbled to the assembled league.

[member="Antherion"] | [member="The Slave"] | [member="Darth Imperia"] | [member="Vitor Avendahl"] | [member="Maleagant"] | [member="Dagorn"] | [member="Catalys Maijora"]

Behind the once rival that was the pirate known as Thengil, there lay a figure few from the group likely knew; but whose reputation certainly had made a name for itself amongst a number of the outer rim’s population center. With alabaster hair hung astray over his eyes and forehead, the slim figure struggled to move; eventually ceasing its pointless endeavor and letting the cold steel of the floor hug the skin of his cheek.

Colors ran with each other as he struggled to maintain some semblance of control. No matter how much danger he knew he was in, he had to keep reminding himself of just what was happening; with every passing second another chance for him to be executed by this massive beast. He had failed in his self appointed mission to deal with Thengil and prove himself to the Genoharadan, but there was something far worse at stake now; that being his life. Yet no matter how much adrenaline threatened to flood his system and throw his body into overdrive, none of it came; forever held at bay by the exorbitant amount of drugs put into his system.

In a mixture of anger and euphoria, he struggled to speak; neck straining greatly as saliva fell from his quaking lips. And yet, nothing came, only the soft light of the chamber drenching his vision in an azure aura; reminding him how close he was to drowning.

│ [member="Thengil Ri'Shajirr"] │

Where had Catalys been? Many wondered.

The agent fled the Kaas system soon after their battle there had been won, the Resurgent Empire's consolidation of power benefited both himself and the GenoHaradan in the end. Since then he and his vessel drifted lonesomely across the stars; observing, listening, biding his time. When the call went out--summoning himself and the other members--he too answers.

"I'm here," the holographic form of himself flickers into being for all others to see. "Let us see who still lives among us." Of course there were always those too busy to answer anyway, and he half-expects [member="Tai Fa"] to be one such person... Bird thing... Whatever one would refer to him as. "It is good to hear your voice, Thengil," he addresses his on-and-off-again colleague more personally.

Meanwhile, the shadow projects of K-D-Y have gone silent, but the resource input had done the opposite of that. Catalys is up to something big, but what?

A topic for another time, perhaps. For now he awaits the arrival of the rest.

[member="Thengil Ri'Shajirr"] | [member="The Slave"]

Darth Osano

D
FORT AMARANTH

Maleagant's formerly sparse quarters had become perilously crowded. Several more bookshelves had been brought in, all of which were packed with rotting tomes, datapads, and miscellaneous scrolls. There were also several tapestries along the walls, scrawled with increasingly complicated arcane designs. Symbols of power. There were a lot of Sith glyphs. A lectern was in one corner, some musty and indecipherable tome still open on it. Yes, the place was positively adorned with trinkets and artifacts that wreaked of Sith Magic. Most of which had been acquired from the black market. Occasionally Maleagant could be bothered to pilfer a tomb himself, but he was becoming increasingly busy.

He would have to move out of here and find someplace else soon. For now, though, he was present for the GenoHaradan conference. Seated at his desk, his hologram flickered into existence before the rest of the GenoHaradan. Maleagant had little to say in terms of greeting. He could see who was present and they could now see him. So he folded his arms and waited. Then they could all get started and into the meat of important matters.

[member="Catalys Maijora"] | [member="Thengil Ri'Shajirr"] | [member="The Slave"]

ʜᴄ sᴠɴᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏɴᴇs
The Temple was a home for one person, if the craven and cold thing that dwelt in the shadows of shadows could be considered a person. Antherion didn't consider himself a person, he hadn't for a long time; he was the realization of an abstract ideal: perfection. Not the single, static state that he occupied, for that had been ripped from him, not this corpse-like mockery in flesh that his spirit was trapped in, he was in the process of adjusting the reality of the outside to his internal reality. Here, in isolation, encased in the egg of his failures, he could be insulated from the outside. He could unfurl, and know His truth. And he could make his grand designs.

But occasionally, Antherion would let the outside in. In shadow, at least, a glimmer of his grandeur might be known to them. No, they would see Antherion the machine, Antherion the crippled, Antherion the defeated. He pursed his lips, and bore his burden by reminding himself that a day would come when his throne was the altar that they worshipped at.

In a too-large, empty room, Antherion sat down. The table was circular, grand, and there was but one chair — then, one by one, in sequence, the figures pulsed into being. The executioner, the pirate, the silent Sith... and a victim. He tilted his head for a moment, wondering how that one had gotten himself into such a situation, and gave pause. It would be better to keep silent on this, and bring it up later.

"Greetings, my august comrades. Should we be expecting more?" From a machine, through a machine, his shadowy projection's voice was far from sweet to listen to. He briefly made meaningful eye contact with the bound captive, a simple, stern acknowledgement. He wanted that one to make it out alive, and wanted him to know that the way for that to be done, right now, was not to struggle.

Then, he turned back to the matters at hand.

[member="Thengil Ri'Shajirr"] | [member="Catalys Maijora"] | [member="The Slave"] | [member="Maleagant"]

Aboard a Trandoshan slaver ship was Dagorn in his personal quarters. His lieutenant, a cousin of his, was at the helm and giving orders to the other Trandoshans aboard the vessel. Most of the crew were part of his tribe and a few percentage of them belonged to other clans as they were attracted to the promises and power Dagorn held. Working with him gained them much more points than what they earned in a month.

His quarters was decorated with pelts, heads, and fur coats all of which displayed his finest and famous kills among his people.

His reptilian form appeared holographically and said nothing.

He waited for the rest and for business to commence.

[member="Antherion"] [member="Maleagant"] [member="Catalys Maijora"] [member="The Slave"] [member="Thengil Ri'Shajirr"]

TB-705

T
The Cathar inclined his head, acknowledging Catalys, then to Antherion. "Perhaps..."

Eyes of a paralytic yellow, swept back and forth, then blinked slowly. "Let us begin. I have a matter that needs dealing with, but I do not believe all members of our society are yet acquainted," he growled, referring to the newer additions of Antherion and Dagorn. He noted with some irritation the absence of Vitor, Imperia, and Tai Fa.

"I will wait. Maleagant, you preside."

Darth Osano

D
Maleagant nodded curtly and began his spiel. "Our slaving operation on New Hsskhor is on hold. Silver Jedi are operating in the area. It would be better to take our remaining profits from the Wroshyrr harvesting than lose the whole station."

As usual, the Silver Jedi were ruining other people's business enterprise. Maleagant had quite liked the process of enslaving the tribal Wookiees with the full consent of their slightly-more-civilized-and-highly-beleaguered kinsmen. Not to mention the wealth of new contacts this had opened up on Trandosha. The Trandoshans really liked their slavery business. A shame it had to be put on hold, but that's the way these things go sometimes. The Silver Jedi were fleeting. The GenoHaradan, however, were forever.

Probably.

"The stipends we currently receive will be cut. Drastically. Do not attempt to change this," he continued. "The Trandoshans we work with are not taking this well. I suggest you speak to them, Thengil."

[member="Catalys Maijora"] | [member="Thengil Ri'Shajirr"] | [member="The Slave"] | [member="Antherion"] | [member="Dagorn"]

Catalys couldn't help but notice that a few faces were still missing.

Oh well. Less people to talk to. "My fleet is available for the GenoHaradan. If you need someone to distract your enemies," whether it'd be the Silver Jedi or elsewhere, the Umbaran itched for competition. Sitting aboard stations and manufacturing starships in secret had its charms, but ultimately there were little challenges aside from keeping things under Kuat's nose.

Despite not being involved with the slaving enterprises on Kashyyyk, Catalys had his experiences with the Silver Jedi before. Not once but twice now on Ziost and Dromund Kaas. They proved a mostly manageable enemy, as their military prowess had only declined from the first conflict to the second. He couldn't imagine the trend changing after their loss on Kaas.

"Or perhaps I will assist Thengil, if he desires my aid."

What do bad guys talk about anyway?

[member="Thengil Ri'Shajirr"] | [member="The Slave"] | [member="Antherion"] | [member="Dagorn"] | [member="Maleagant"]

A growl came from Dagorn's mouth as his associates reminded everyone of the atrocities that the Silver Jedi Order had done to disrupt their business on both Trandosha and Kashyyyk. The Trandoshan wasn't really the slaver type as he much rather kill his prey rather than making them do his bidding, but his GenoHaradan colleagues and his clan, Clan Bloodclaw, found a profit in enslaving his species rivals.

"My clan and others have been experiencing an obvious blockade of Trandosha, cutting us off from our dependents that supply us with weapons, vehicles, technology, and other necessities. We've been relying on expensive smugglers for our wants and needs. We've also been conducting guerrilla warfare tactics on Silver Jedi supply runs and outposts within Trandosha. As for our small bases on Kashyyyk, we've been jammed from any transmissions."

To say that Dagorn and his people were very unhappy of all that was happeneninf would be an understatement.

They were extremely ticked off.

[member="Catalys Maijora"] [member="Maleagant"] [member="Thengil Ri'Shajirr"] [member="Antherion"] [member="The Slave"]

ʜᴄ sᴠɴᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏɴᴇs
Antherion pursed his lips, a rare moment where he allowed his face to reflect his internal reality — in this case, a very exquisite displeasure. The GenoHaradan assets he had been entrusted with, a minor biomedical corporation, had been suffering a fair deal from a few failty investments. It was far from disaster, but it was stagnating in profits and growth. He decided thag he would let his financial reports speak for themselves, and not draw attention to mediocre results.

There was another thing he kept hidden yet, however. Relief. If this major disruption was the norm amongst their reports, then he might not have to face the music for a major catastrophe.

"Judging by your recent — and might I add, prudent — actions with respect to Malachor, Lord @Maleagent, the majority of you here are aware of the situation that unfurled on that planet. Abyss did not back down as I expected he would, and succeeded in provoking an orbital bombardment. Expect revenue from what I had been skimming off black market profit and taxes to cease, permanently. Production of the refined savorium likewise will be delayed, as my test facilities were decimated, but they were to use in our slave plantations, so I suppose it can wait.."

The adept let out a weighty sigh. "I have some ideas as to stabilizing our prospects, but I defer first to the more senior members before preventing them. Especially if they have other matters to discuss." On that last note, he cast a meaningful glance at [member="Thengil Ri'Shajirr"] and his prisoner.

| [member="The Slave"] | [member="Catalys Maijora"] | [member="Dagorn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom