Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Temper the Mind & Guard the Body

snap-hiss

Her lightsaber ignited. Its white brilliance cut through the dim light. Its hum overtook the room's silence. Her presence overtook its space. Her movements cut through the atmosphere just as much as the light blade. She was strong and free. The form was executed again and again, always precise, but not robotic, just filled with intention.

snap-hiss

The light blade vanished. Ran opened her eyes. She was in the half-dark dojo seemingly alone, but no. She spotted a shadow standing in the doorway with her periphery. She turned to it, squinted at it, with great suspicion.

After coming to the Jedi Enclave of Svivren, Ran found that she was the only night owl among the Jedi who had chosen to take residence there. So who was the phantom in the dark watching her? She questioned, before raising her lightsaber and aiming it at the shadow in anticipation. The moment of paranoia showed to Ran just how much damage past experiences had left her. She dropped her sword arm and with it the hilt. She never took her eyes off the shadow but her face seemed to change from a look of fiery intensity to a muted dejection.

Ran shrugged the feeling off quickly and straightened. "Who goes there?" She asked as she walked toward the shadow, and the door's control panel. Her bare feet impressed upon the floor. Her training gear left much of her scars and tattoos exposed. Her synth-leathers and blaster were left in her quarters, but she wouldn't need them. For the face she saw was not the face of an enemy but of a young ally.

xiqfVVX.png

"Padawan Aris."

He hadn't meant to be staring. Or lurking. But as he passed by he'd caught sight of someone training. Moving, honing their skills with a lightsaber. There were few things that could catch his attention as well as that. The oddly tall teen stepped through the doorway, giving a sheepish smile to the older Jedi as he did. "Shii-Cho, right? I think I recognized it. It's not the rigidness they teach in the temple, though. Is it your specialty?"

Aris knew that masters of the form could weave the strikes taught together in such a way it was more akin to the waves of the ocean. Flowing and unpredictable. "It just- it looked really cool. I didn't- I'm sorry for staring."

Ran Serys Ran Serys

"You have a keen eye, Aris." Ran replied as she tapped the control panel. The lights brightened and she was able to get a better look at the boy. He looked familiar, but if there was any recognition to be had Ran could not find it. "It is my specialty and I didn't learn it in the temples," She confirmed. "Maybe that's the lack of rigidity you're seeing." Ran reasoned. She had avoided temples like the plague until recent events sparked the want of a home in her.

Still the young Jedi was only half correct, and Ran would not correct him yet. The form she had practiced was not just a singular form. The forms at work in the display were the first form, Shii-Cho and the third form, Soresu. Aris had caught Ran developing a unique exercise meant to blend the movements of each. She found combat called for seamless and smooth transitions between the two and more lightsaber forms.

Ran walked back to the center of the room while Aris half-explained his presence. "No apologies necessary." She declared. "Would you like to join me in this exercise? I can teach you." She added. It was an honest invitation. If he accepted, she would begin her initial evaluation by testing his stance with a push to see how his body responded. How he and his body responded would change the approach she took in teaching him.

xiqfVVX.png

That did make sense. Somewhat. It wasn't a full explanation in his mind on why her form was still different than others. It was one thing for the fluidity to still match the basics, but there was something more, right? Maybe. Maybe he was just overthinking it now. He stopped thinking about that entirely, though, as she offered to teach him. A smile, small and faint, formed on his face. Which for Aris might as well have been the goofiest smile imaginable.

"I'd very much like that, yes."

He did move into his stance, and the push seemed to leave him unflinching. Sturdy. He was unnaturally sturdy, even, as if little more than a rock.

Ran Serys Ran Serys

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom