Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Black Signal | Adeline

latest

THE ORDER

Location: On the bridge of the Phylactery, in the same system as Yalara

Tags: Adeline Noctua Adeline Noctua

Dress: His Long black kimono, with a matching robe going around it and white and red flowers decorating it.

Gear: -Hologram Projecting Droid

-Two Lightsabers hidden in his belt

-Personal Surgical Tools

-His Razor Fingernails are firmly in place

-Implants turned on and running

-Darth Udezi's Legacy

The Phylcrary entered the edged the of the system in which the plant of Yalara was located, cloaking systems activated and carefully scanning the system with a tactical precision. What had drawn the Admiral and his ship to this place, was something rather simple… a strange signal. So haunting and foreboding in its melody that the men of his crew had taken up to nicknaming it the Black Signal. Charles had to admit that he had not been able to obtain any information of where such a signal might be coming from in the system or why it reached out to him and his ship specifically.

Immediately as the ship dropped out of hyperspace and into the system itself his unease about a potential trap grew worse, all of it steaming from the planet Yalara itself. He didn't know much about what lay on the planet beyond the source of the signal that was starting to give him a minor headache with its 'sing song tune'. He was able to ignore it for now, "Give me a scan of the planet's surface and the local area, but keep it subtle. I don't want our position given away just yet. Also launch a crew in one of my shuttles, and have them send down a general communication signal to the planet and bounce back any responses through scramblers to me."

If there was anyone down there with significant Force abilities, the cloak of his ship would do nothing to hide them. His only reason for tactically deploying the shuttle was to at least keep whoever was down there guessing as to where he might be… well… based on what he was dealing with.

A few hours later he got a message back that the shuttle was ready too start transmitting, "This is Admiral Castex, I have received a… signal from this planet on repeat for the last few days and have come seeking the one who has 'summoned' me here… do state your business." It was while he waited for any response that a voice came over his implant from all things while the comm station on the bridge had a blow out, the crew manning it thrown back,

"SMaLL THIng… You Make Demands! Hardly you are a bug, and have brought my escape. Until we speak… you shall not hide!"
Alarms bells started going off around as the crew scrambled, Charles who was bleeding from the nose took a moment to recover as he yelled out, "Status report!" One of the bridge officers replied, "Nothing serious sir, it will take us a few hours to fix the larger com relays, but we should be able to send communications around the system… and the cloaking systems is no longer functioning." Pausing the man seemed confused as he continued to get reports and relayed them to Charles, "There is nothing wrong with them… they just won't turn back on as far as the chief engineer can tell."

Steepling his fingers the man looked out over the situation in front of him and began to wonder, just what sort of little mouse trap they had fallen into.

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

Location | Yalara

Tag | Charles Castex Charles Castex

As soon as the cloak was removed, an incoming message from the planet Yalara would be sent right to them. This one being from another location separate from whatever else had messaged them before.

"Unidentified vessel, identify yourself and state your purpose for being here."

A simple yet firm request came from the voice on the other line, all the while it would seem like the planet itself tried to draw them in closer. With every force user aboard that vessel getting a gut feeling to avoid that place... Yet it still drawed in the mind like some sweet scent.

"Refusal of my request is bad for the health."

latest

THE ORDER

Dress: His Long black kimono, with a matching robe going around it and white and red flowers decorating it.

-Personal Surgical Tools

-Darth Udezi's Legacy

A smile spread over his features at the reception of the message from the planet… at first anyway. Yes it was different than the one that had threatened the ship moments ago, but Charles had a feeling that he was now speaking to the person who was actually in charge or at least someone who could put him in contact with that person. What gave him pause what a dark foreboding sensation. Worse than he had felt before… as the Admiral was the only force user, apart from the Sith Spirit in his holocron, aboard his ship at this time. It seemed like the very planet and the very source of this transmission was staring right at him.

To the point that he couldn't help stand up and walk towards the view port that looked out into space. Pressing his face against it to stare at Yalara as if he could just keep walking towards it. It wasn't until a second message was given that he seemed to snap out of it, and give his answer, turning around and heading back to his seat, "Yes this is 'The Phylactery', Flagship of the VIIIth Legion, and I am Admiral Charles Castex. I do hope we are not bothering you, but I suspect that you where not the one who… summoned me here."

Pausing for a moment he explained, "I received from Yalara what me and my men have been calling 'The Black Signal' for a week now, and came to investigate. It has become rather invasive, and well since entering orbit I feel that maybe there is something causing the signal on your planet. What that is I am not sure. I have come to find out what it is, should I have permission to do so, as well as identify its source… as it has piqued my curiosity. I can forward you a copy of the Signal and the last transmission from the entity if you wish?"

His words where straight and too the point as he steepled his fingers, sensing in the voice that spoke a sort of no-nonsense nature about them. He knew that he would have to be careful for the sake of his men… something was very wrong with this place. It felt like a web and somewhere down there was a spider, but everything in his mind told him to go down there anyway. At this moment he resisted.

b8R1xeo.png

Equipment | In Bio

Location | Yalara

Tag | Charles Castex Charles Castex

"This is General Keres, I find it disrespectful having someone try to hide within my own area. Signal or not, perhaps a little research will save your skin in the future. And no, not a soul steps foot on my home without either me knowing or them being invited prior.. We picked up the signal as well, curious how something hid from me this long."

The image of Adeline would come through the holoprojector, she sat idly at her desk, tapping a claw against the wood.

"Introductions aside, knowing someone or something is here without my permission will not do. Trace that signal as well as you can, if this signal has been as persistent as you declare then I should expect the task to be done with all haste. Once the location is found I can offer you two things, either I go and wipe this off my home.. Or you and your men take care of it."

It was doubly clear the woman cared not for wasting time, nor for surprise guests.

latest

THE ORDER

-Personal Surgical Tools

-Darth Udezi's Legacy

Thoughtfully he looked at the hologram that appeared before him, revealing a rather unexpected figure. No… given what he could feel about the planet below, this General Keres… she was different if she survived down there. If she commanded down there like she claimed to do. A gentle apologetic bow was given as he looked up into her eyes, "Do forgive me General I have been, out of the loop for a while now. I assumed that Yalara was an uninhabited planet, but it looks like I am behind on the times. Had I known I would have sent a communication ahead of my arrival…"

Pausing for a moment he turned his head as he was trying to be careful with what he said not wanting to antagonize the General any further, "I kept my ship cloaked because I could not be sure that this signal wasn't leading me into a trap. The fact that you are receiving it as well means that whatever is sending it out is not trying to hide its location any longer. I think it wants to be found. Give me a moment and will narrow down a place that I can have my men start searching…"

He couldn't help a smile that formed under his mask, but that was the only sign of his amusement that he would show, "Haste? You know how the saying goes if you want something done… do it yourself. I came here to ask that thing what it wants and so don't worry I will take care of it myself. If you want you can come along and speed up the process… that way we will be out of your hair soon enough General."

Charles had to admit that Keres seemed rather abrasive, but he could understood why given he had come unannounced. What he didn't understand was if she had anything to do with the unnerving feeling that the planet was giving off. Eventually he received a message from one of his men, "Sir we think we may have pinpointed a small energy signature on the Northern pole of the planet. Comparing the comm waves that we are getting from there to what has been received from the past week we are sure this is the Black Signal."

Turning his gaze back from his officer to Adeline, Charles would ask, "Well it seems we have a starting reference, if you want to help triangulate it with your own communication grid. As I said before my offer to search for it together still stands."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom