Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Populate The Courtship of Ukatis [GA Populate of Ukatis Hex]

ENpTUc7.png

Minerva drove a blue painted speeder truck through the streets, carrying boxes of water for workers and their families. Her gloved hands on the wheels, she maintained a balanced pressure on the pedal. Seeing ahead a wagon filled with hay pulled by two identical beasts of burden in an intersection Minerva eased off the speed before going for the brakes, letting the wagon be drawn by an elderly man. Within the T-Visor she smiled at how the old man looked completely focused on his goal.

No doubt he's been doing this for years. A man of the soil. True farmers are disciplined, committed to their way of life. Because much depended on them.

Once the wagon was on the other side Minerva resumed her drive with engines blaring. Making a right turn she stayed on that course noting people repairing roofs or putting bricks along the way. Having fought for as long as she had ruins was so common in her view that at times Minerva had gotten to such sights. Sighing to herself Minerva thought.

But for most of them total war wasn't a common occurrence here. I suspect many will want to adapt to make sure their world can defend itself more effectively against future invasions while enjoying what they have. Well I’m not so sure about a number of their nobles but the others more than likely.

Minutes later Minerva stopped at a construction site and parked, signaling with an engine horn that she arrived. Soon enough Utkais workers and Alliance personal rushed over to get the latest water supply. The warrior stayed inside the truck, intending to go find more stuff to bring to others once they're unfinished unloading the boxes.

Last edited:
:Objective 1: Festival

Ah, festivals—the familiar embrace of celebration and camaraderie. For Carlo, they evoked memories of past gatherings on his homeworld of Cardia, where such events revolved around the Flight Academy and, in ancient times, the empire. However, those chapters belonged to the annals of history now, and Carlo found himself amidst unfamiliar surroundings, far from the familiar streets of Cardia. While he harbored no intention of participating in the courtship rituals customary to this event, Carlo nevertheless engaged in playful banter and conversation with those immersed in the festivities—a habit that often drew disapproval from certain members of the Von Carrino household.

Procuring a drink from a nearby stall, Carlo cradled the glass within the grasp of his mechanical right hand, a playful smirk adorning his pale lips as he surveyed the lively crowd. Bringing the glass to his lips, he savored the taste, a contented sigh escaping him as he relished in the carefree spirit of youth. "Ah, the boundless joys of youth and liberty," he remarked before taking one final sip and setting off to explore the myriad offerings of the event, his demeanor a blend of sophistication and nonchalance.

Amidst his wanderings, Carlo's attention was arrested by a stall adorned with goods showcasing the local fauna of this world—a sight that piqued his curiosity and ignited a spark of intrigue in his deep sapphire eyes. "What fascinating creatures," he mused, his interest piqued by the diverse array of exotic specimens on display.

Tags | Open

"I mean. That's part of the Force I can show. I can see...the past of items sometimes, but I know that's 'arder to actually prove. There's some other Jedi who can shoot like...fire out of their 'ands. I can't do that. I ain't learned it yet." Iko shrugged his shoulders at that. He knew levitation wasn't anything too awesome. Now if he could show Persie how he fought, maybe then he'd seem cool. But he wasn't going to go out looking for a fight right now. He was happy just chatting with Persie anyway.

"Hm? Well...You don't need that many friends! You 'ave me! And I 'ave enough energy for five people." He broke out into a cheeky grin at that, placing his hands on his hips for a moment and holding his head up high in the air. "Plus...I...erh...Okay. 'aving energy is basically all I 'ave going for me." An awkward chuckle as he rubbed the side of his neck, taking a look around the festival to think about where they could walk to.

"That sounds good to me. I want to get one of those creature things before I leave." He jabbed his thumb in the direction of where the Raycons were. "Never had a pet before myself. Dad always used to say it would cause too much issues for the shop. Jokes on him, I don't have to live wit' him anymore" Iko grinned, proud of himself...Even though it wasn't like he had chose to do that. It was more a result of him joining the Order.

Persephone Dashiell Persephone Dashiell

Braze was not expecting what happened and was startled as their world was shifted. He was about to struggle but seemed to stave off the desire to do so as he got a face full of fluffy tail fur. He sputtered trying to shake his head away from the fluffy. Before he could say anything Loomi was even scolding him. He frowned at that. "Okay. I'm sorry I won't touch you again. Can... you please. Put me down?" Braze requested not seemingly wanting Loomi to be upset by actually using his words instead of trying to fight with Jin.

He really wanted to just enjoy his day today and hadn't intended to be malicious or mean to anyone. This was already looking rather bad. He couldn't recall why Jin might be so on edge around him or why they might react so strongly but he was definitely going to just try and avoid them after this.

Amaran rogue investigator, slicer and researcher
Zef grumbled softly. Normally a patient young woman, she tended to not be so good at it when getting hungry! It had been a good nine hours since she had last eaten, and deep fried Dianoga tentacles had only done so much to stave off her hunger to begin with!

The gray Amaran's stomach vocalized its own concerns, perhaps a bit more loudly then it should have. Between the two youths she was following (and occasionally eavesdropping on - especially the boy with the freaky hair!), a strangely rotund, orange-skinned Gamorrean clad in rainbow sashes over the... Curve-accentuating leather harnesses hanging loosely off of his fat frame, as well as the form-fitting garment of sea-green material with an odd, pearlescent sheen, turned a distasteful glower towards the Vulpinoid, fixing her with watery gray eyes. Just ahead of this... Portly fellow, a LOM-series protocol droid composed of frosted-white metal, swiveled its head and cursed in Rodese.

Zefgahld met the Gamorrean's harsh glare with a sheepish and left-sided smile, one hand smoothing the tufted cheek fur along one side of her face, her ring-clad tail swinging to and fro lazily, the bronze rings catching the surrounding light for the briefest of moments.

"What?! It's not like I farted or anything..." The Amaran shifted away from the offended Porcinoid by a half-step, eagerly awaiting the prospect of oncoming food... Occasionally, her gaze shifted beyond the Gamorrean's immense body, to imagine herself ruffling a hand through that strange boy's bizarre, if cute hair, so alien and endearing.

What a goofy-looking teenager!

Last edited:

7myPGFN.png

Swept into the action

Ailmar ventured deeper into the heart of the festival, moving in solitary through the various groupings of attendees with a sense of cautious awe. Surrounded by an atmosphere of joy and celebration unlike anything he had experienced in years, he couldn't help but feel a twinge of unfamiliarity at the absence of imminent danger lurking around every corner, and nostalgia for his years growing up in the corporate sector when he was forced to those style of events. Lost in thought, he found himself pondering the possibility of giving up his role as a freedom fighter for the simple comforts enjoyed by ordinary people. It was a notion that both intrigued and unsettled him, a departure from the adrenaline-fueled existence he had grown accustomed to. Before he could delve further into his thoughts, a collision with one Jonyna Si Jonyna Si jolted him from his reverie, sending him stumbling forward.

Regaining his composure with natural agility, Ailmar straightened his posture and brushed off his attire with deliberate motions. Despite the impulse to confront the perpetrator, he hesitated, mindful of the festive spirit. Instead, he opted to roll his neck at the show of disrespect and leave it at that, instead making way for the bar. With a relaxed stride, Ailmar made his way through the bustling throng of festival-goers towards the bar, his thoughts fixated on one particular drink that had become a staple and a favorite throughout the ship and her crew during their years of adventure. As he reached the counter, he leaned in, casting a quick glance around to ensure privacy before motioning for the bartender's attention. Once the clamor of the crowd faded into the background, leaving only the two of them in close proximity, Ailmar uttered two words, his voice barely above a whisper.
"Moogan, hard."

A brief moment of silence hung between them as both Ailmar and the bartender glanced around, ensuring they were not overheard. Satisfied that the coast was clear, the bartender returned their attention to Ailmar, a subtle gesture of pinching two fingers together, an understanding of his request. Ailmar responded with a simple nod, reaching into his pocket to retrieve the necessary credits. With a quiet exchange, the bartender accepted the payment, their movements fluid and unseen as they slipped the shinny golden credit into their back pocket. Still without a word, they slipped away from the front of the bar, disappearing into the backroom behind the stage, where a trove of supplies lay hidden from the public eye.

"What in the word did you order kid? Got the bartender sneaking off like this is some sort of mission." An older man at the bar caught the Sephi's attention. They were clearly under the influence of one too many tall glasses of Phattro, and more strikingly were accompanied by two other men of similar age all wearing red handkerchiefs; They too were under the influence of course.

"I'm enjoying a drink from my home world, I gave them a list of how to make the drink is all. And no, before you ask you may not try it." The retort, no, the straight up lie came so quickly that the drunken old men had little time to process it before the elven man was gone from the barside, vanished without a trace. That didn't stop them from making comments about the strange man and his need for secrecy though, something about scum and villainy crossed their lips.

Ailmar was under no delusion that his drink would be ready anytime soon as the process took ages to prefect even if it was worth every last second. In the mean time however, he ventured back into the crowd in hopes of meeting new faces. His eyes naturally tracked to Corazona von Ascania who by this point had an occult following of people talking with or about her, and he upon seeing some similar faces among those followers decided to join in and see what was going on.

While making way closer to Cora and the others, his eyes continued to wander, taking in the sights of an event he could properly enjoy with age and experience instead of being forced to idly sit in the corner and pretend to care while suits talked. In that moment of satisfaction, another person caught his eye, Rayia Asai Rayia Asai , causing him to stop and process their appearance. Of course, he wouldn't be able to before that same familiar voice spoke up from behind.

"Captain, stop staring at the Felacatian and go talk to-" Camila. Her words had caught Ailmar off guard and he ended up jumping out of reaction, turning around with a sharp

"Lords have mercy!" before a brief pause as the words processed and his face turned as red as a Prisht-fruit. "Cam! are you going to stalk me the entire night?" Ailmar lowered his tone soon after out of fear of drawing attention to himself.

"As pay back for drinking from my glass, I might just do that. But in all seriousness go talk to her, she doesn't have a ribbon on but the least she can say is no when you ask for her holo-number." Words of wisdom any sailor could live by.

The worst they could say was no, totally.

"You're a fiend, but sure why not. Please watch the bar for me please and give me a ring with my drink is done." And with that the Captain was off for whatever stupid idea this was, he had to make friends somehow, right?

"I'm gonna drink whatever it is as payback!" With Camila's voice fading into the bustling crowd, Ailmar found himself momentarily alone, left to his own devices and the task at hand. He took a moment to ensure the crimson handkerchief was securely tucked into the breast pocket of his green, traditional Sephi formal attire. With a sense of purpose and idle confidence, he made his way through the lively throng towards the Felacatian.

"Pardon my interruption, ma'am." The Sephi approached from the left with a formal bow of sorts. "If you're not terribly busy, may I join you for the festival activities?"

Q1C3xHp.png

There was something to be said about the power of escapism.​
Even if she found herself walking away from the wonderful festival without finding a lovely companion, she would, at the very least, have enjoyed a rare chance to break away from her many obligations and commitments as the Alor of her people. Walking about as she did now, the fiery-haired siren was just that; a not-quite-human lady taking in the beauty of the world around her, rather than a leader of warriors. This normalcy, she decided, was a wonderful privilege to be cherished and enjoyed in equal measure.​
Stars only knew when she would get the chance to partake in this sort of recreation again. Best to savor the moment and leave the worrying for later, when the armor beckoned and the duties that came with it sunk their talons into her mind.​
What finally drew her from her contented state of observation and harmony was the sight of a poor girl hurrying off as she sobbed, taking great care not to drag her dress behind her. There was little she could do for the poor lass, given her cruelly limited understanding of the intricacies of Ukatian practices beyond what Pollux had told her about; all she could do was watch her leave with a sigh, her pity for the girl soon replaced with curiosity at the sight of the discarded red ribbon being picked up by-​
Mh.
Difficult as it may be for her to accurately perceive the stranger from a distance, the siren truly felt as if the world around her was drowned out from her senses as she focused on the hooded figure. The sight of her bringing the brightly-colored ribbon to her hand claimed all of the Mandalorian's attention, well and truly transfixed. The Alor kept on observing the lonely figure for a little while longer, before she found herself struck by an epiphany.​
She's lonely.
It was, in truth, hardly any of her business. Who and what this stranger was did not concern her, and yet... she felt a certain kinship, nonetheless. How often had she found herself playing the part of the outcast, anxiously awaiting on the sidelines for an opportunity that never came? Alone, othered, left in solitude?​
Her steps lead her towards the alleyway where the atypical figure stood in wait, her lips curling into a gentle smile as she brought a hand to rest against her heart. A simple sign of peace.​
"Hello!", came the siren's pleasant voice, melodious and captivating as ever. What this stranger was was, in the end, irrelevant; what truly mattered was who she was. "I hope I'm not intruding? I saw you standing by your lonesome and thought you could use the company."

t77acx9.png

Tags: Open
With a sly grin, Dash offered a mock salute to the Ukatians who had eagerly emptied their pockets of credits. The cred chips clinking inside his vest momentarily distracted him from the ache of not seeing the Princess again. He found another picnic table, this one set up on the bustling main street where the crowds converged.

"Alright, settle in, 'cause I'm about to spin ya a yarn that'll make your head spin faster than a TIE fighter in a dogfight. Nova Run, anyone? No? Well, you've heard of the Kessel Run, right?" they hadn't, "Well, think of this as its bigger, badder cousin – a gauntlet of death and destruction that only the bravest and craziest dare to attempt. Me and R3, we're hauling a shipment of spice through the heart of a supernova. No biggie, y'know -- danger's my middle name. Matter of fact, Danger Arceneau Danger Arceneau 's basically my cousin. Anyway -- Imperial patrols show up, ready to blast us to stardust, do we throw the towel? Not a chance -- we kick it into overdrive, dodging solar flares and plasma bursts like we were born to it. And when we finally make it out the other side, half the ship's scorched to ash but we punch it to Shaddaa anyway and get our check."

More and more people gathered.

"More? Alright, listen up. Ever heard of the Ghost Nebula? Yeah, thought so. It's a nasty piece of space, gravitational anomalies and rogue asteroids just waiting to turn your ship into scrap for Wabo and his crew on Tatooine. So, what do I do? I decide to take a shortcut, blaze right through it! Whew, let me tell ya -- it's like navigating a maze blindfolded with one hand tied behind your back and rabid akk dog on your tail. But I am cold as the Dark Lord, nerves of steel a Jedi could only wish for -- Ghost Nebula's got nothing on me. Mad run only a few can claim, and yours truly -- Corellia's Finest -- is one of 'em."

Dash wondered if he could monetize this bullshit somehow.

Typhos Typhos

"Walk with me, please."

Jaidan said no more for the next few moments after that, for he found himself needing the time. The more he thought on what had just happened, particularly on what had almost happened, the more he felt his jaw involuntarily tighten. His every private moment, every regret, every cherished fragment of simpler times, just grabbed without a word like his life was some public library...and on top of all that, this thief hadn't even respected the cultural norms of his own planet, never mind the galaxy beyond.

What the HELL did he think he was doing? In what strange universe was this even remotely acceptable?

It was a misunderstanding. It had to be, either in the crystalline being's benign but potentially disastrous lack of understanding or Jaidan misinterpreting what he'd felt and jumping to the wrong conclusion entirely. Either way, reflexive anger would help nothing. And so, by the time he judged them far enough away to continue, he had sealed his first atavistic response away behind a thin but holding layer of logic and context. Time to see if it held.

"What is your name...Padawan?"

That would explain the apparent novelty which this experience held for the Jedi, at least. But most certainly not how they could fail to grasp the enormity of what they'd just attempted.

"And if I guess rightly, where is your master?"

t77acx9.png

Ukatis
PpBs3gB.png

Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti
"Fuzzy had lots of friends. Mom said I raised an army because I managed to get them all to follow me," Vera said with a grin. If she had been allowed to at the time, she would have brought all the Racyons home. But now, knowing just how much attention Fuzzy demanded on his own, she was happy with the way things were.

They also had plenty of siblings who demanded their time.

"Good, I don't want to be around lovey-dovey people being weird. I want to play some games and try food!" And make new friends if she could. Aris mentioned Zaiya joining them, so maybe she'd be someone she got along with. There were likely other Padawans too, so it was a good chance.

"You're also going to try the food. Even Mom has cheat days, and you know how strict she is with herself. So... if you try to resist, I'll shove it down your throat if I have to."

"Hi, Aris!"

The voice drew Vera from her attempts to force her brother to eat unhealthy food and made her focus on the colorful Padawan. She offered the girl a smile, though she did tilt her head when it seemed she was going to reach for her brother's hand for some reason. She very much could go without having to see that and it showed in her expression, as she shuddered and cringed a little. Still, Vera smiled again after that and especially brightened up when she mentioned her eyes.

"Thank you. You must be Zaiya, then? I'm Vera."

t77acx9.png

Ukatis
Tags: Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

5GKFNrC.png

"Eep!"

Phobos had been so transfixed on the ribbon that she hadn't even noticed this new woman approach, one with a head of fiery ginger hair. She gave a surprised squeak and a jump, all but falling onto her back. All that commotion made her hood fall off, revealing the vibrant green flames that lie beneath. As the Ashspawn scrambled to her feet, she was quick to throw the hood back over her head, pulling it down tightly over her hair.

But, of course, the damage was already done.

"Uh... hello," she muttered, trying to look the other woman in the eyes. "I... uh... I appreciate the offer. But if you wanted to retract it now, I'd understand..."

She didn't want to make things awkward by being so... strange.

M977SXg.png

"Mmhmm."

Kahlil just snickered as he looked about before his grin softened to a calmer expression again. She was right, of course. It hadn't always been good here, and he did have an idea what this sort of festival might've been doing behind the facade of innocence. "Whatever it was, Cora didn't outright oppose it now. It's changed, or at least changing. The most we can do is support that."

Though he raised a brow, glancing back towards her.

"We're on a date right now, you know. There's nothing I would change, since it's what got us here. What about you? You always seem to think back as if there was something we missed."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

They took a few more steps dazed at the embarrassing rash actions they took. Frankly they did not know what came over them except the thoughts of a few years ago. Coming to a stop Jin'lian felt the weight of the seniors words, and they could not despite she was right. Being scolded like that made Jin's ears point down and so did their tail moving between their and around the leg.

Hearing the apology and the request to be put down from behind. He'd let Braze down and looked perplexed that he just said... sorry. "Nnnnno no. I-I am so sorry. So so sorry, I reacted without thought." they said bowing apologetically while rolling the flowy part into both hands. He could feel the back of the collar tighten, feeling anxious.

Looking at loomi he bowed to her, "I am sorry to you too. I did not mean for this to happen, causing a commotion and all. I feel like I have made a bad impression now and it was not my intentions at all." Though he managed to fight the tears back the look In Jin's showed the struggle to be brave and communicate

With a deep breath and a slow exhale to calm themselves a little. "I panicked because the last time you pulled me along somewhere, I did not have a very good time at all that day... or the rest of that week. Even though that was like two years ago, I am still a little scared of you to be honest," He admitted though it did not excuse the guilt for the actions he took now. "I didn't hurt your side did I? I-I can try to alleviate the pain... I'll, uhh, I will be quiet now and reflect on my actions." The first of thought thoughts was, "why was my first reaction it pick him up, blinkin heck."

j9tLrW8.png

Ukatis
Tags: Jin'lian Jin'lian , Braze Braze

JgnWDAq.png

Loomi gave the both of them a sigh, pouting a little as both of them reacted in varying ways to what she had said. Braze became meek, clearly feeling guilty, and Jin broke down nearly to tears. It wasn't that bad. The Godoan did what she could to fill the air with reassuring emotions, something that would soothe the two to let her talk some sense into them.

"It's not that bad," Loomi insisted. "The two of you just need to be willing to communicate. That means being able to listen, but also being willing to speak. I don't think any of you were trying to cause problems."

It was rather silly, but Loomi wouldn't say such a thing. She understood well enough that the emotions here were very real. The two of them just had to work it out. The Godoan exhaled, giving a faint smile as she did her best to keep up the soothing aura.

"You didn't make a bad impression," she assured. "Let's just reset like this never happened. If you aren't comfortable, please say so so that others can understand, and lets do so calmly."

And hopefully they could move on and get back to the mission. Loomi still hoped that they all could have some fun in light of the suddent emotions.

dgxmq14-4d2aaa93-542a-4548-a4d5-8abe8fb38b16.png

TAGS: Loomi Loomi Jin'lian Jin'lian

dgxmmvv-a37f840b-d383-4727-8658-db139c0bb7ca.png

"Okay, well... I'm sorry. I won't pull you anywhere anymore," Braze stated simply. "No, you didn't hurt me. I don't really remember what I've done two years ago, but I'm sorry for that as well," he continued. "I'm not going to hurt you," he added, trying to reassure the blonde. Unsure what else to do or say, he took a step back, giving the blonde more personal space and a wider berth. Braze nodded in agreement with what Loomi had stated. He didn't mind moving forward. After all, he very much wanted to collect crystals today and have fun with Loomi.

"It's okay, we can just act like nothing happened. I'm not upset," Braze offered, his voice carrying a tone of genuine forgiveness. He tried to lighten the mood, adding, "Let's focus on today and make it a great one. There's plenty we can do, starting with the crystal collecting. It should be a fun adventure, don't you think?" His attempt to steer the conversation towards more positive topics reflected his desire to keep the day enjoyable and stress-free for all of them.

Tag: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Jonyna Si Jonyna Si G0TT0 G0TT0

Ryana smiled at cora "thank you cora that means alot" ryana said standing there red was the color of wanting a relationship in this festival ryana should have stayed home. But pip wanted to be here and she did want to be near her friends plus pip would be around other racyon kits she liked the site of pip being at home as she stood there.

"The alliance knows that ukatis has been through alot and i imagine they understand that ukatis will need some time to rebuild before offering builders and troops" the lethan stated standing there. As pip started playing with a random racyon nearby ryana would keep an eye on pip to make sure he didn't run off or bother other people or steal anything.

That's when she saw jonyna and guffy walk up and look at her and pip ryana waved at guffy she walked up to jonyna and gave guffy headscratches " knight jonyna it is a pleasure to meet you ko speaks highly of you" ryana said as she stepped back after she stopped scratching guffy. Pip ran up and crawled up ryana and stood on ryanas shoulders looking at guffy "you jealous turd" she said jokingly as pip stuck his tongue out.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Ailmar Dawnstone Ailmar Dawnstone Taam Moghul Taam Moghul

As Rayia stumbled along the cobbled floor of the festival grounds, she thanked the stars that she had chosen to wear flats. The pomp and circumstance of the occasion was already fraying at her nerves. She wasn’t used to this many people cloistered in the same space. True, the Felacatian tribe that she hailed from on Weik had been close-knit. But their sensitivity to motion meant that they preferred to limit social gatherings to small groups.

In fact, I don’t believe I have ever seen so many people clustered in one space before,’ Rayia thought. Her ears flicked to attention as Jonyna revealed that the Princess of Ukatis was the one hosting this festival. “Ah. I remember that name. Cora was also the one organizing relief aid the last time I was here,” Rayia said, nodding her head. Rayia hadn’t found the proper time to introduce herself at the time.

Then Guffy ran between Jonyna’s legs and Jonyna scrambled off. Her longer strides pulled her away from Rayia, and the Felacatian felt her master’s movements drawing away from her and into the crowd. Still able to sense where Jonyna had gone, Rayia followed at a slower pace slightly perturbed by the attention she was drawing.

Why am I drawing such attention?” She muttered to herself under her breath. She stopped a few paces short of approaching Cora, seeing as she was embroiled in conversation already. Rayia’s onlookers however, would be subjected to an odd sensation thanks to Rayia’s Felacatian ability to sense motion in the vicinity and her feline reflexes. As they turned to look at her, her golden eyes would be waiting expectantly upon them.

At least, until a singular word caught her attention. The word Felacatian, uttered in a conversation nearby, had her ears perk to full attention. Golden orbs swiveled to a man dressed in crisp, green finery. A smart, crimson handkerchief blazed from one of his pockets. Rayia had told few individuals what she really was. Either the Jedi records had been updated following her confession to Valery Noble Valery Noble or she was looking at someone who was familiar enough with her species to know what to look for.

Either option is… interesting…’ Rayia thought to herself and dipped her head slightly as the man approached. “Oh, I don’t mind at all,” Rayia said, flicking her gaze towards the man’s friend who was now disappearing into the bar. A bemused smile slowly slid onto Rayia’s face. “Your friend seems nice.”

Last edited:
if they're watching anyways

Auteme found herself humbled again. She'd mostly asked that question as a simple opener, not really expecting anything of substance in response. Instead, she was awed by the wisdom of Master Jaidan and the insights of the young Cathar. She had not truly come here looking for a relation to a crystal, another being. She'd come here for means to an end.

When had she stopped listening to others?

She hadn't been a Jedi for a long time. Clearly she'd forgotten more than she'd thought.

The Gutretee padawan's motion set off the same alarm bells as it had for Jaidan; she'd caught it a moment after, and he politely pulled the padawan aside before Auteme could say anything. She gave them a nod and a smile as they departed.

"Mm. Well," she looked deeper down the cave, then back at the Cathar. "Thanks for your advice. Are you building a second lightsaber?"

t77acx9.png

HAIuSyi.png

Outfit: Dress | Wedding Ring

Valery nodded in agreement, "I'm very proud of Cora and what she has done for Ukatis. After it fell to the Mandalorians, I feared the relationship between the planet and the Alliance would be strained for a very long time. But she has a way of bringing people together." Valery smiled and spent a moment longer thinking about Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania . She could still remember how they met, and it felt so crazy knowing just how much she had changed since then.

The pride she felt would never fade.

The shift of the conversation drew her mind back to her husband, and she turned to him with an almost apologetic smile, "I know we are, Babe, and I didn't mean to imply like I feel I'm not happy with how things went." She slid one hand down his arm and gently took his hand. As always, she interlaced their fingers and squeezed as she felt her much smaller fingers eclipsed by his.

"I used to have days where I woke up in the morning and felt like everything I was doing meant nothing. The wars would never end, and when they did, a new one would begin before anybody had a chance to enjoy peace. Even after my time in stasis, that hadn't changed. I felt my life had no purpose at all." She frowned and squeezed down on his hand a little tighter, the way she did whenever she sought his comfort.

"Then I met you."

She looked up at him and smiled, "When I wake up in the morning now and see you in the kitchen with your silly best dad mug, preparing us breakfast. Or when I see and hear the kids running through the house, I know that it isn't all for nothing." She chuckled and a smile began to spread across her lips. A happy smile.

"No, I don't actually think we missed anything. But you know me. I sometimes just like to think back and reflect, and I guess I just can't believe how well things worked out sometimes."

Realizing she was being her silly romantic self, Valery began to laugh and hugged herself back around his arm, "Sorry for getting all sappy. I'm just... Happy."

As he moved away from the stall, Carlo had acquired some items for his fluffy companion back home, requesting that they be set aside until he was ready to leave the event. Plucking a flower from a nearby stall, he paid for the item, a warm smile creeping onto his features as he marveled at its beauty. "Such uncapped beauty within such a small thing," Carlo mused before continuing on his way. However, he paused to hand off the flower to a random passerby with a warm smile and a wink before resuming his journey.

Engaging in various games he found during his upbeat exploration of the festival, Carlo stopped intermittently to converse with other attendees along the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom