Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Populate The Courtship of Ukatis [GA Populate of Ukatis Hex]

Rock and Roll MotherFluffers
2HQjV5Q.png

Oh…yeah, I never feel like much of a Jedi either. Been through three masters now, no one seems to want to stick around me too long.” He frowned. “But I’m keepin’ at it, ya know? I’ll find a master someday. You ever wanted to just quit being the chancellor and go back to being a Jedi?”

Tag: Auteme Auteme

7myPGFN.png

Ukatis
Tags: Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

5GKFNrC.png

"Good heavens," Phobos muttered, glancing back to the ribbon in her hand. "I wasn't aware..."

That poor woman. This hadn't just been a matter of cultural signifigance. What she had seen had been a failure of courtship, rejection from a potential suitor. It was heartbreaking. Such a sorrowful tale sounded like the beginning of a Tragedy, set to somber precussion. Phobos couldn't help but hold the ribbon with a little more reverance. The Ashspawn most certainly knew that she wouldn't want to be stood up. All that bravery, only to be cast aside...

"The question is; do you wish to keep it on, now that you know what it entails?"

Phobos's cheeks bekame a darker grey, a clear sign of embarrassment. She hadn't thought about romance since... Well, it seemed she didn't remember doing so at all. The young woman had just woken up after all. There was no memory of such an event to speak of, only a feeling of such things. Regardless, she knew the truth about such a thing in regards to herself...

"I don't believe I should," she decided. "Courtship is... too fast. I don't believe it would be proper of me anyways. I'm not familiar with their ways... and biologically different."

Still, she didn't want to part with the ribbon. The poor thing had already been abandoned once before. Phobos instead chose to slip it into the pocket of her cloak, tucking it away out of sight.

"You... wear one," the young woman observed. "Are you seeking courtship?"

Im pretty sure I know everything
But there was a problem. Jaidan had entertained and still entertained the possibility that he'd misinterpreted something. But what he'd felt in the Force was clear, and left him a lingering feeling of certainty. Even in the absence of an attempt to harm, there had been a danger of some sort in Typhos' action. Given his species and what they could do, the nature of that danger could be determined with a reasonable degree of confidence.

"I'm sorry, I found myself distracted by the question which the Chancellor had posed. As to your question, yes. The handshake is an extremely common practice. But when I shake someone's hand, even without the barrier of gloves, it's a simple pressing of the flesh. A greeting, and nothing more. What you were ready to do amounted to something far more. You offered greeting, but would also have taken something in turn. Something that, even on your world, you'd have had no right to unless you won it. Or would you tell me my senses led me astray?"

Typhos digested what he felt he was being accused of. It was a correct assessment of what would of happened, what should of, but didn't. Since leaving Isis, Typhos proved to be naïve to the differences of others around him. Boundaries specifically showed the most. Many could chalk it up to inexperience, cultural differences or sheer ignorance. There was no excuse either way but it was the last bit that the Gutretee wrestled with the most.

Typhos had remained steadfast in learning like a Gutretee and not thing else. It took humanoids and the like years to gather the experience to be proficient or master a task. For the Gutretee species this was all cut out through their copying of memories. It became about efficiency for Typhos now he was a Jedi learner. And this was something he was quickly learning that was seen as strange.

" Master Jaidan, I can-not tell if you are ask-ing me a question or if you are tell-ing me. I hear you mentioning what was but also what could of been." Typhos furrowed his brow again after seeking clarification.

Q1C3xHp.png

Playful and mischievous as she could be, Jenn was quick to back off when the fiery-maned woman before her announced that she did not feel quite ready for courtship. A polite nod and a comforting smile followed; she was not here to add to the poor being's discomfort, not when she first set out to give her some measure of company. So, when Phobos made that observation, a giggle escaped her lips - a sound most people would never even begin to suspect the fearsome Alor of Clan Kryze could utter!​
"An astute observation", came her voice once more, giving an elegant little wave of her hand to show off the ribbon, delighting in how much it clashed with her outfit. It would take quite the oblivious soul to miss it! "Indeed I am. Some of my friends might say I am something of a hopeless romantic." Even now, she found herself thinking of Pollux, most likely kneeling before his gallant knight with a heartfelt and public declaration of devotion - and Karrys, trying to see just how many locals she could wrap around her little finger at a time!​
"Come. The day is still young, and one hardly needs to be looking for companionship to enjoy the festival!"

M977SXg.png

"You are such a sap, love."

Kahlil smiled warmly as he leaned down to kiss her forehead. Brief and gentle. He wanted to show off his lovely wife, but he didn't want to rub it in to the faces of those here without a date. Yet, anyway. He wasn't that mean, probably. Maybe. He shook his head of the thoughts, squeezing her hand in turn as he looked back towards the festival around them.

"Where do you want to go first?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

t77acx9.png

HAIuSyi.png

Outfit: Dress | Wedding Ring

Valery closed her eyes and held his hands between them while he leaned down to kiss her forehead. She didn't say anything in response, and just smiled and enjoyed the warmth and affection he felt for her in his heart. She could feel it through their bond, and she savored that comfort for as long as he allowed the moment to last.

"I know what you're thinking, and let them be jealous." Valery smirked and chewed on her lower lip while her hands shifted up against his chest. Her fingers traced the muscle until they went up his neck and settled against his jaw, with only her thumbs brushing gently through his beard.

She leaned in closer and closer, her lips pursed and her head tilted to search for a kiss. But right before she was supposed to steal one, she stopped and teasingly grinned against his lips, "We could dance first and show off? Or I could beat you at a Ukatian game?" She pulled back a little and clearly knew what she was doing now.

"I don't want to just be dragging you around, though. So, tell me, my beloved, whar would you like to do?"

Saahar tried to keep from looking like a kicked puppy, but in all honesty Makko had her a bit terrified. He was, in a way, a monument to pass sins. Her plan for the day followed more along the lines of escapism than it did repentance, but suddenly that seemed to be diverting

"Yeah," she mumbled, "that reaction was definitely warranted." If she'd shown a little more tact and grace by not barging in a random patient's room, they likely could have stayed in blissful ignorance a while longer.

"I am sorry what happened to you Makko." Her brows creased, tone level with sincerity, "If I had known-"

She stopped, words seeming to fail her. Partially because she knew they were a lie. If she had known Vazz's every intent, would she really have intervened? Or would she have just cowered there, paralyzed by the repercussions.

She was as much to blame for his injury as Vazz.

Her head fell a moment before she met Makko's gaze,"I should've done more, and I'm sorry I didn't. I know that doesn't change anything."

Makko Vyres Makko Vyres

if they're watching anyways
"Mm." She smiled, and shook her head. "Yes, but- it's the same job. Just different responsibilities, different scales. My perspective's changed by stepping outside of the role of Jedi. Like -- have you gone to university? High school? You get different teachers who know different things teaching you what they know. You learn faster- well, if you pay attention.

"Master and padawan feels like it should be the main method of continuing the Jedi. Lineages of knowledge. But even we know there's a better way! All the classes, padawans learning together, masters sharing their knowledge -- you don't need to limit yourself to one 'master'. You don't even need to limit yourself to learning from your elders. I'm sure I could teach you something, just as I've learned something from you."

t77acx9.png

Ukatis
Tags: Jenn Kryze Jenn Kryze

5GKFNrC.png

A hopeless romantic? It sounded like a novel she had read before... No, that didn't sound right at all. Maybe it just sounded like the concept of a novel. She certainly couldn't think of a name to go along with it.

"Come. The day is still young, and one hardly needs to be looking for companionship to enjoy the festival!"

"I... would very much like to..." Phobos murmered, gazing back out at the festival. "I..."

She had to work herself up to it a bit. No, this was fine. Her hood was firmly over her hair, and Jenn being a far more extravagant woman in comparison to herself made Phobos decide, albeit with some hesitation, that attention would most likely not be on her if they recieved any at all. The Ashspawn exhaled, recomposing herself and doing her best to fix her posture, standing a little taller.

"Very well," the young woman nodded. "I will join you."

It would be fine... probably.

It grew quiet and Jin was feeling much more calmed. Hearing Loomi have a good idea where they are going for the Crystals, it seemed different to how their first experience went. Master's other student seemed rather talented and level headed. Perhaps the altercation would have been worse without the Godoan's presence. "I got lost in the cave's on Ilum and the ice wall nearly closed up, but it's really amazing that you know where to go," He said almost at a murmur, but the silence and the reverb of these empty tunnels carried the soft voice. "This would probably take me a few hours alone no doubt." Seeing how Braze also wore three lightsabers on him, it looked as if the Echani had taken these trials multiple times. How time flew fast it seemed, faster than what it felt like outside the temple.

j9tLrW8.png

t77acx9.png

Ukatis
PpBs3gB.png

Tag: Aris Noble Aris Noble Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti
"I'm fine," Vera said, her eyes lingering on their hands a moment longer, "You two sure you're not supposed to join the red-ribbon people, though?" She snickered and turned her head to look at Fuzzy, who normally would have jumped at the chance to introduce himself to someone new. He was distracted, and after following his gaze to some of the other Racyons running about, Vera understood why.

"Go make friends, Fuzzy. And remember what I told you at home." She looked at Fuzzy and Fuzzy turned his head to look back at her. There was an unspoken understanding between the two before the Racyon dipped his head and jumped off her shoulder. He stopped to hug himself around Vera's leg, then ran off to find something.

He needed something to impress.

"Sorry about that, Fuzzy has been nervous about coming here." She looked at her brother and Zaiya and hummed in thought. "Let's start with games? I'm sure we'll be hungry after playing a few, so we can go for food right after that?" It seemed like the most logical order. If they went to eat something before the games, she could actually end up vomiting.

After running off, Fuzzy knew exactly what his mission was. He had discussed it with Vera before they left, and now it was time to make it happen. He ran for the food stalls, and rather than retrieve a single dumpling, Fuzzy jumped up and used his momentum to knock over a large trash bin. He wasn't going to bring her one item of food.

He'd bring her the whole buffet.

After prying free the bag inside the bin, Fuzzy tied it up with his little claws and started running. The sight of a Racyon on the run with a heavy bag of trash trailing behind him — mostly food — didn't go unnoticed but he was ready to claw at anybody who would want to stop him. On the way to his destination, Fuzzy stopped and snatched a donut from one of the tables, right as its owner had turned away for conversation with a family member.

He wouldn't need it as much as Fuzzy did.

Finally, he spotted her — Lula. Fuzzy liked them big and plumpy, and raised himself on his hind limbs to start walking over to her with the entire collection of food right behind him. He tossed the donut down into the grass, then ripped open the bag once he caught her attention.

To finish his presentation, Fuzzy bowed his head and waited.

Um9wLtZ.png

Jonyna never felt...comfortable dealing with politicians. Something about the way they carried themselves always left her felt like she was being lied to in some way. Maybe it was her own personality. She didn't bother discussing how to fix a problem more often than not, she just...fixed it. The idea of standing around a room, talking about how one could fix an issue, and then putting it off because no one can agree...

Maybe it was her upbringing. Cathar had always valued those who can achieve. If something needed fixing, you went to a neighbor, or a friend. Skills were learned through communal teaching.

Or maybe it was her own past. She had seen what happens when politicians dilly dally for too long. What happens when State Becomes Military.

Either way, she knew that G0TT0 G0TT0 made her feel uncomfortable.

So, she kept close to Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania , the fellow jedi knight feeling a bit more calming in this case.

"So, Cora, what've you been up to since becoming a knight?" She inquired, as she followed them in the direction of food. Jonyna had eaten a big break in preparation for today. Mostly because she knew if she came into the festival hungry, she'd make a pig out of herself.

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Ailmar Dawnstone Ailmar Dawnstone

Haha, well. At least they sound like they have your best interests at heart,” Rayia chuckled to herself at Ailmar’s reaction. She saw him place a hand over his brow as first Camila and then a second individual unknown to Rayia became embroiled in an argument with the old codgers at the bar. With her ears alert for trouble, Rayia did catch the concerned mumbling from Ailmar. She also caught onto the fact that the row was just your typical bar-boasting and didn’t seem to be escalating.

An odd tightness welled up in her chest, and her smile shrank a minuscule amount. Watching the crew’s antics reminded her of her relationship with her sisters. They used to antagonize each other with well-meaning jabs. The normal way siblings do. ‘At least before that situation went to the Dark Side in a handbasket,’ Rayia thought to herself.

Rayia blinked, snapping out of her nostalgia as Ailmar turned to face her again. Judging by his expression, there was something he was keeping from her. ‘Yet, you know as much by what someone will say as much as by what they won’t,’ Rayia thought to herself. Her ear twitched with curiosity as she heard Ailmar describe himself as an explorer like the Pathfinders of old. It was almost the perfect opportunity for her. Rayia was hunting precisely for a little known… No, perhaps it was better labeled as an uncharted pocket of space.

Rayia’s eyes flicked towards where Camilla was inviting both herself and Ailmar over. She smiled in the face of his invitation. “I will join you in just a moment. I was just in the midst of introducing myself to our host. Propriety waits for no one, after all,” Rayia said.

Withdrawing a slim communicator from her pocket, she shot Jonyna a message on a private channel. “Found someone who might know something about the Ghrol sector and Felacat. Felt you meet up with Cora earlier. Please let her know I wish to introduce myself when she isn’t so swamped. I’ll be in the food section of the festival grounds.”

Cora listened closely as both Ryana and Albrecht expressed their thoughts about Ukatis' ability - and expectations - regarding contributions to the looming war. Both raised valid points from their perspective.

"I'd imagine that the Alliance would take into consideration Ukatis' recent troubles. We weren't targeted because the Enclave wanted to rule us or take what little resources we had - they struck us in retaliation for Ryloth. For all the good the Alliance has done here, Ukatis was caught in the crossfire. The people here will never forget that."

Cora's lips twitched into a near-frown. Visions did not come to her easily, but she'd had visceral foresight into the sacking of Axilla. It had been powerful, and though the they'd prevented the capital's total destruction, it was the type of thing that would reverberate through generations.

Yet, there was a grim truth to the fact that Ukatis would not be able to reliably sustain itself without the aid of an outside power. As much as Cora wanted to wholeheartedly support their alliance with GA, it made a small, inward part of her turn bitter.

"We won't be able to contribute as much as some of the more…progressive worlds, and I doubt that we would be expected to. But we understand that this partnership is not a one-way deal."

Before the attack, the Alliance had helped to provide much needed foodstuffs to supplement Ukatis' poor harvests. Though views on the galactic power varied among the citizens, Ukatians were prideful. A debt would not go unpaid.

"As will I. My ties to Ukatis are strong, but stemming the Dark Empire's tide is my duty as a Jedi, and a part of defending my home."

There were other things she wanted to do, too, that the crown would look upon less favorably than her relief work. A Jedi temple on Ukatis might be seen as a slow encroachment into the native culture. Force traditions were sparse here, after all.

A pair of racyons scampered past, drawing her attention down, then out over the crowd for a few lingering moments. She followed a familiar thread to the form of Makko Vyres Makko Vyres , clad in Jedi robes. Idly, she wondered what he'd look like dressed as a Ukatian noble. Yes, there would be fine trousers, a vest and complementary cravat in his future, even if she had to convince him.

"Oh," Jonyna's question was more lighthearted than she'd expected, and a genuine smile filtered onto the blonde's face. "I've spent most of my time on Ukatis, organizing relief work. I've already delegated the majority of my responsibilities, and will return to Coruscant, soon.

"How about yourself, Jonyna? What've you and your padawans been up to?"

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto had been knighted, and Cora recalled that Jonyna had another feline apprentice, though she hadn't yet met Rayia Si Rayia Si .

( Vera Noble Vera Noble Fuzzy)

As Fuzzy approached, he would find Lula lounging beneath a picnic table. On her back, the racyon plucked at a bunch of grapes that rested on her generous belly.

Ah, the virtues of opposable thumbs.

Lula watched Fuzzy's courtship display with discerning, beady little eyes. Finally, she rolled over and padded to the donut, giving it a noisy sniff. She dug in, finishing off the pastry with animalistic delight.

Then, she approached Fuzzy. Lula sniffed him over and raised a paw. After hovering for a few indecisive moments, she huffed and waddled to the torn trash bag.

Munching on a discarded funnel cake, her answer was clear. Fuzzy was welcome to join her.

7myPGFN.png

The Shantyman

"Very well, I will wait for you there." Ailmar's response was easy on the ears, smooth and natural, in the same manner as someone truly comfortable with another, or trying their hand at smooth talking. Rayia had to decide what it was for herself what it was.

It didn't take long for Alimar to make his way back to the bar after bidding a temporary fare well to Rayia while they introduced themselves to the royalty. It seemed the two could play games with one another, the knife ear quickly connecting the dots on who Corazona was. However, with any luck there the acquaintance ship at the very least would be mutual and more than a simple underlying transaction.

That was for fate to decide. In the meantime he reunited with Camilla and a few of the other members from the spirit who gathered round at the bar for drinks and banter. Keen ears would have been able to pick up on some of the words spoken in that crowded mess, but nothing more than an idle comment about
"Being careful with Felcats." spoke by Camilla herself seemed of interest before the conversation idled back into whatever the crew would come up with to pass the night away.

Inevitably, someone, likely the shanty man himself, began to hum the opening of one a many shanty,
"I sing a song of Obi-wan, he was a Jedi master. With scum like us he'd never socialize." Despite that name being lost to history, it has still been sung at this very bar, even if only a merry crew of their own. The deck hands who knew those shanties well joined in, and soon enough the bar was joined in chorus by the fifteen odd men and women of the spirit singing in unison of a man long since dead. Ailmar himself joined in with his crew and all in all the crew of the spirt were off in the corner having a grand old time with drink and song aplenty.

Tag: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Jonyna Si Jonyna Si G0TT0 G0TT0

Ryana listened to cora speak about ukatis she had points plus politics wasn't one of ryanas strong points he knew that as they all at food. As she shared with pip as she listened to cora speak about ukatis she could almost sense how cora felt about her home planet ryanas goal wasn't to be mean. As she scratched pips heads who purred a bit before taking off again towards a group of 5 racyons running off ryana sighed a bit "nice seeing you cora qe should better catch up some time" ryana said as she ran after pip.

if they're watching anyways
"Okay, but you know what I'm talking about. Like, you've learned from different people at the same time." She waved her hand. "Doesn't matter. What I'm saying is, you don't need a Master to be a Jedi. I never had one. Most of my friends didn't either. We learned and taught each other. You shouldn't measure yourself by who's teaching you, you should measure yourself by what you've learned. And there's a lot to learn."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom