Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Good and the Bad: Student Edition

Outfit: Jedi Attire
Equipment: Crossguard Lightsaber
Tag: Konrad Montrose Konrad Montrose

Lily was excelling in her combat training, she was dedicated to the fullest and spent hours at a time training. She had been quickly advancing through the Jedi Forms and making her own notes and additions to them. Using her Echani training to mix in the different forms. There was a very different air around the senior Jedi. An aura that suggested a long standing war was on the horizon. Something that Lily knew would not be good for them. Something she knew she was not quite prepared enough for.

While she had combated individual Sith, full scale war was not something she jumped into. Especially with her mother being so panicked about it all.

For now, she had another task assigned to her. To assist the training of a new student, someone who seemed to be skipping sessions and held little interest in his training. Lily hated the idea of having to help train someone who wasn't interested, it took time away from her own training and it would not be an engaging training session that she would enjoy. Nobody fought well in training when they did not wish to be there, and Lily only wanted to fight the best so that she could continue to grow and become the best.

But she took it on. They presented as a challenge for Lily and an important step in her training, there would also be Padawans who were reluctant to learn or made training difficult, finding ways to reach them and help them. That was crucial. It was tough to ignore that thought process and so Lily willingly took it up and found herself banging on the dorm room door of Konrad. Attempting to wake him up for the training session that they were meant to be having over an hour ago.

The sudden bang upon his dorm room door jolted Konrad from a deep sleep. Having spent more time at the engineering desk than in his bed lately, he dragged himself from its confines and trudged towards the door. "Who's banging on my door at this hour?"

Although his question would have been more fitting if it were indeed early morning, it was a normal time for people to be up and about. Activating the door's controls, it slid open, revealing the person on the other side.

"Do you people ever sleep?" he grumbled, his vision still slightly hazy from just waking up, raising a hand to hide a yawn.

Lily Decoria Lily Decoria

Lily held an unamused expression on her face when Konrad opened the door finally.

"You are an hour late to the agreed upon time. Lack of sleep is not good enough." Lily stated bluntly, "if you struggle to sleep, perhaps you should get a curfew and stop spending time doing activities that disrupt your sleep and availability for prearranged training sessions." She was annoyed at his lack of concern and apology for being so late. She assumed incorrectly that he might show some apologetic tone for not attending their training session on time.

Crossing her arms, "I assume you need to change into the training gear. Then we can start. I will be waiting here in case you decide to fall asleep again or attempt to ditch the session." She was not taking chances here and returning to the training room, she would wait till he was ready. "You will also need a training saber if you have one."

Raising his hands in defeat, Konrad retreated back into his dorm with a grumble. "Fine, fine, I won't try to leave via the window this time." With those words, he gathered a bundle of clothes before heading into the bathroom to change into his chosen training gear—a simple, plain shirt with a few rips here and there, along with appropriate bottoms.

Emerging from the bathroom, Konrad scanned the room for the training saber. "Should be around here somewhere... no, that's a thermal detonator... ah, found it." Retrieving the object, he made his way back towards the door. "Should have everything except a can-do attitude."

Tag: Lily Decoria Lily Decoria

"If you don't think I was not prepared for the window escape, you are in need of serious training since you woefully underestimate your opponents." It was one of the most obvious things she had needed to do. Ensure all exits were covered so that the Padawan couldn't simply escape without her realising. Lily refused to be underprepared when handling someone and she was determined to keep on top of her skills that her Master had given her. When he returned in the training attire, Lily looked disapprovingly at the ripped shirt.

It was not appropriate in her mind to be wearing ripped items of clothing for training. Gave a shabby, tacky look. However, she was not going to tell him to wear a different top. It was a personal preference over an actual issue.

"Not sure you should be keeping a thermal detonator in your room." Lily pointed out, if the detonator was to go off, it could do massive amounts of harm and cause chaos in the temple due to his carelessness. "As for the lack of attitude, hopefully you find it soon otherwise you will be returning here bruised, battered and very sore. I will not hold back simply because you don't wish to train." Lily warned, if she was going to train with someone, she was going to give it her all.

At least she had given him some warning.

Inspecting the training blade with a hint of amusement in his eyes, Konrad remarked, "Perhaps my overconfidence stems from my upbringing among street gangs," a nostalgic chuckle escaping his lips as he recalled his past adventures with the group. Shifting his focus from the saber to his new instructor, he detected a subtle hint of disapproval regarding his attire, prompting a smug smirk to play on his lips.

"Consider it my self-defense tool against unwanted dorm visitors or a means of creating diversions," he quipped, though he kept the true reason for possessing it to himself. "it will remind me of the good old days. Nevertheless, I'll make an effort to show some enthusiasm."

She sighed deeply, "street gang, huh?" Lily wasn't impressed, she never liked gangs and the ones she had heard about on Coruscant were never doing any good so she did not think they would be doing that would benefit people, only exploiting and harming those around them. It was odd that someone would feel proud of that background and yet still be here in the Jedi temple. "Must have been a low ranking gang for you to have such confidence without any demonstration of skill." Lily pointed out in a dry tone.

"Well, I will make sure to inform the Jedi Masters so they can remove it. Killing a fellow student through an accident would not go down well for you." Lily stated firmly, she did not believe having grenades in your room to be valid for any reason. There was too much danger and she refused to take part in harming another student through inaction. "It is good to hear. There is a lot to benefit from when learning to fight." Lily pointed out, she was entirely biased to the benefits of combat training but she didn't care.

With a casual shrug, he elaborated, "Being part of a street gang was more about survival than any test of skill, really." Pausing from fiddling with the training saber, he continued, "They took me in after my old man passed away."

Despite maintaining a veneer of smugness, a tinge of sadness lingered in his voice, dissipating abruptly as a hint of surprise flashed across his face. "Hey, I won that thermal detonator fair and square," he protested half-heartedly, fully aware that his objections were futile but enjoying the opportunity to tease her nonetheless.

Taking a tentative step in what he presumed was the direction of the training room, though admittedly uncertain, he hummed to himself, "Fighting has its merits, but I've always been more inclined toward a persuasive approach."

"Hm." There was little Lily could say, she didn't know if joining a gang was a smart decision, even if it was for survival purposes, especially since she always thought there were other options. It was a choice. But she was also aware of the issues that her biases and privileges that were fuelling into her though processes on the situation.

When the surprise and protest coloured Konrad's face, Lily had a steel expression that was unshifted. "It is too dangerous to just keep in a dorm room. I'm sure you have other places it can be stored that would be safer. Like the armoury." Lily pointed out, giving the time for Konrad to move the dangerous weapon somewhere that would be safer and more secure. A place where grenades are meant to be stored. Not in a dorm room where anyone could access if determined enough.

Entering the training room that Lily had booked for them to train, she tightened her hair into a high ponytail and breathing in deeply, "your opponents will not always be receptive to words. Few Sith Lords will be talked down. They will force you to fight and will try to break you. Learning to fight and defend yourself will ensure you will never be underprepared for a fight." Lily retorted as she had been in actual fights and fought opponents would did not just stand around and chat.

As he walked, Konrad muttered under his breath, "Where I acquired it in the first place." He was well aware that he might be labeled as nothing more than a thief, but he preferred the term 'Dashing Rogue.' It sounded more appealing and, if he were being honest, it helped maintain a somewhat optimistic outlook on the galaxy.

Following behind the other, a single thought crossed his mind as he entered the room: 'Hmm, not what I was expecting.' While somewhat paying attention to what she was saying, Konrad found amusement in poking at a training dummy with the saber he carried before deciding to speak up. "Sounds like you're speaking from experience?"

Lily noted the muttering from Konrad and held her tongue, she was not going to lecture someone on thievery when they did not wish to change their lifestyle. It seemed very clearly that Konrad enjoyed being a thief and criminal, it was concerning for the chances of that person becoming a Jedi. However, she reminded herself that everyone deserves a chance at redemption and the ability to change. It could be that being in the presence of Jedi and learning about the Force could change him, turning him away from the criminal lifestyle. There were changes in Lily from becoming a Jedi, she was more understanding and sympathetic to those who were less fortunate than herself.

"I have fought Sith. But I also seen how others use the language of fighting, it is all about causing harm, killing, disarming and while it is all simple expression, it is informative." Lily stated, having be in sparring fights and actual battles, Lily was learning how non-Echani fighters used combat. The lack of deep expression that she had been used to with the way her people fought with. "Today, you will be attempting to land a hit on me. I will only use the Jedi forms that I have learned so that you have more than a zero chance of hitting me."

While her words were cocky, her attitude and tone felt very serious and truthful in how she had already assessed her opponent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom