Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Hermit

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Oh? And what makes you an ex bounty hunter, exactly?"

She paused her stitchwork then, looking to Marigold with a brow raised right up. "Master Kahlil has been far more busy with his work as the Shield, but he was as much a Jedi as he was a smuggler. What stops you from being both?"

Marigold Marigold

"I killed people for creds til I got caught." Marigold explains plainly. "These people didn't chase me down for nothing, back at underworld.. I used to go by a nickname. The Red Scar." The young padawan looks back up at the old woman, lifting her head just enough that one could see her eyes. Lacking any glint of life, just a blank, expressionless stare. "Sometimes I captured people, but I took on assassination requests often than not, killing all types of criminals. I massacred through the Outer Rim, all the way into the belly of the Inner Rim, Coruscant's underworld. Oh, you should have seen my gig at Kessel, I butchered that Spice and slave trading son of a bantha..." She pauses, that expressionless face grows a wide, chit-eating grin. "Limb. By Limb."

There was mania, power, arrogance. Perhaps worst of the worst showing up in the young padawan, it lingers. Permeating the room with awkward silence, though it seems that Marigold snaps out of it, lowering gaze. Perhaps embarrassed, guilty even? Regardless, she continues.

"Bounty hunters follow whims of creds and barely any set of morals,, given their average clients are criminals themselves. Smugglers have a lot more leeway in how they conduct their business, and what they smuggle. The contradiction between being a bounty hunter and being a Jedi is a bit too large to manage, no?" She'd explain, murmuring in a quiet tone.

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"This is something you should speak with Master Noble about, I imagine. But, I do have my own advice on it."

The old woman went back to sewing, deft fingers already forming the robe with relative ease. it wouldn't take much longer at all for her to at least finish this first ensemble for the new Padawan.

"You always have a choice. Sometimes it's just not one you want to have to make."

Marigold Marigold

"For a seamstress you sure do have the wisdom, but it seems like everyone in this place knows better than me, it's frustrating, really. Makes me feel like I'm the stupid one in every situation." Marigolds scoffed. "I bet I know some things better than them."

She spoke with a tone full of pride. Her hands crossed as she looked at the robe that was being formed.

"We'll see about that, what I know is that we always make choices not knowing the consequences of that choices, because we always keep making them with incomplete information. Maybe it is a choice, is it a good one? I dunno... Don't know if you don't try though."

"A Jedi, huh? Wouldn't have guessed myself." The young padawan takes the robe, bowing lightly to the woman, instinct more so than force of habit. "Experience is a good teacher... Just hope the price isn't too big to pay."

She turns over to the exit, then back to the woman, dipping her head. "Thank you." She muses. And should nothing stop her, she'd be out on her way, holding onto the robe protectively, a hint of pride present.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Jedi are more than just fighters or soldiers. Now, et that robe on and let me know how it fits. Once you're comfortable I can make you the rest of your robes, but you'll have to make sure you keep them in repair and clean."

She chuckled a little. The robe wasn't completely finished yet, though t was good that Marigold seemed excited with it.

Marigold Marigold

Marigold dips her head and tries the robes on, she was used to being a nomad with no home, thus robes were her prefered style of clothing that would fit most situations, however, she does bring up a question while twirling in her robes, admittingly a tad bit childishly.

"Why do we get robes and not, you know, conventional armor? Peacekeeping isn't a safe job, y'know."

She asked her the same question she asked her master, though this time elaborating more on it.

"If you guys are to keep peace, wouldn't... Y'know, big guns, good armor assist that? The sword that everyone gets to wear is cool, but conventional warfare are blaster fire, plasma artillery, vehicles... Ship battles. How'd we even deal with that?"

After a small pause, the young padawan, however. Does stop twirling, and with subtle smile on her face she speaks.

"Yeah, the robe fits just fine."

Last edited:

M977SXg.png

"Oh there's armor, but you don't live your day to day in armor. Not even soldiers do. I'll let your new master answer those other questions, but I think it's good for you to know that the New Jedi Order isn't as traditional as you seem to think it is." Again the elder woman snickered before taking back the robe to finish stitching it together. Make sure the fit was as good as it could be. The rest would be made later, but for Marigold it was likely more important she feel part of the order sooner, rather than later. "We're just about done here. Master Noble will explain everything else for the evening. It is good to have you here, Padawan. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise."

Marigold Marigold

"I don't know, I didn't care enough about Jedi's before, suppose only right I'll learn whether my stereotyping of them was right or wrong... I'll guess I'm going to check up later on the robe." She crossed her hands, looking around. It seemed like the seamstress' words did get to her in a positive way. She lowered her head with a soft chuckle.

"Really? Good to know that... I'm not too sure if I'll fit with the others..."

Frankly, Marigold never really showed weakness to anyone, and didn't trust anyone much to be vulnerable around them. But every so often, she can't keep her own fears to herself, least they take over.

"Well, I'll get the clothing later... I'll uh, go check back up with... Kah-" A pause, she begrudingly says. "Master Kahlil..."

Last edited:

M977SXg.png

"You probably won't, but most don't actually fit in anyway. Being Jedi is about accepting that, though."

She gave one last smile before practically shooing Marigold back out, to where Kahlil was more or less waiting. He was nose deep in a datapad, seeming to be going over something. Notes and the like. More business with the Senate, as always for him. He paused only long enough to glance up and smile.

"Now you at least look the part, hmm?"

Marigold Marigold

"Oh please, those robes aren't that much, I'm sure a homeless person could wear ones and play pretend Jedi."

She scoffs ever so lightly, crossing her hands and watching her Master fiddle with datapad once she exited the room. The padawan was impatient, pacing around as if seeking anything to do, a shaarp contrast to how she was lacking energy or motivation when she just woke up.

"Well, now that's done... What else's on the agenda today?"

M977SXg.png

"You probably shouldn't say that about a robe someone just made for you themselves, mm?"

He understood the point she was making, but there was still the other way it could be taken. He glanced her over though, seeming deep in thought. What was next, she asked? Good question. The last thing he wanted to do was put too much pressure on her shoulders with actual training. "Meditation, I think." That'd have to do, for now. Getting her a grasp on the connection with the Force she had would be best.

And maybe helping her to face some of the trauma she had. Sitting in the quiet was often hard for those with weight on their minds.

Marigold Marigold

"Well, the robe is well-made, I tinker with my cloak all the time, so I know that sewing is hard..."

Marigold agreed with Kahlil, though hesitating ever so slightly in giving compliments.

"Urgh, meditation? Are you serious...? I'm not exactly most patient person, y'know..." She grumbled in frustration. "The silence is unnerving sometimes, y'know? Well, in this place it's more of a white noise, kind of weird isn't it? Plug my ears and close my eyes and I still can hear, or see... Not how you would typically see or hear though, it's like... A feeling." She had troubles explaining exactly what she was experiencing, much to her chagrim.

"Grgh, whatever. Let's just go, yeah? Where to?" The young padawan queries, seemingly ready to follow her master.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom