Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private The Need for Speed

xiqfVVX.png

He'd finally almost gotten it done. It was patchwork for the most part, built from the scraps he'd been able to obtain in his scavenging attempts between his various missions throughout Alliance space. Aris wiped at his brow as he fixed in the last exhaust he needed to make sure the engine would run. By all accounts, it should be ready to go. Finally, after all these months no less, he'd gotten it set up. Keeping it secret from the Temple was hard enough. He doubted they'd allow him to build his own speeder at his age.

But he'd wanted to anyway. He certainly got a love for them from his mother.

"Alright, let's get you kicked on.." He reached down, fiddling with the ignition. He'd set it up with a peddle soon enough, but this would have to work for now.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

HAIuSyi.png

Outfit: Wedding Ring

It was a quiet day.

Kahlil and Vera were back on Ossus to work on their golem project, and the little ones were all napping. Only Aris was around, but he had retreated into the garage, just like the day before and the one before that. It made home a little too quiet for her liking, so rather than sit around alone, she got to work. Within a few hours of time, she had prepared all kinds of snacks - she had baked cookies, made some toast with different kinds of cheese, and prepared some fruit juice using fruit from her garden.

With her Apron on and a motherly smile across her lips, Valery soon entered his workshop and spoke up, "Hey sweetie, I brought you some snacks." She gave him that loving look she always had, but there was a hopeful shimmer in her eyes as well. She set the plates down and offered him the glass with juice.

She really hoped he'd like it.

"What are you working on? You've been in here on your own a lot."

xiqfVVX.png

Aris blinked in complete surprise. He could here Valery on her way into the garage. She usually gave him privacy in that regard, but to know she was on her way as he was finishing off the board for it's first flight had him, uncharacteristically, panic. He lifted the whole thing in one hand, trying to tuck it away behind litearlly anything to keep it out of sight. He wasn't sure if he could keep it if she knew about it.

And that actually made him want to hide it. He stared at it's hiding place for far too long, even after Valery had entered the room to set down the tray of snacks.

"Hmm? .. Oh. Um. Board- Boring things, I mean. Nothing fun."

He was a terrible liar.

HAIuSyi.png

"Uh-huh." Valery smiled and walked over to him after setting down the tray with snacks. Usually, he'd at least thank her for the snacks or say something about them. So, she knew something had him on edge and the way he spoke suggested that he had been working on something that he didn't want to show her.

Very unusual for him, considering just how close the two of them were.

"Why don't you show me what you're hiding there? You have me all curious now." She smiled innocently but there was a teasing edge to her voice for calling him out without making it sound too serious. Unless he was building a weapon of mass destruction or a bomb, she wasn't going to be angry with him.

She really hoped it wasn't a bomb.

xiqfVVX.png

"I'm not hiding- I am hiding."

He was about to double down on the lie, but it was obvious he himself was obvious. In truth he knew he was a terrible writer. More importantly, he knew that he didn't want to lie. Not to anyone, and especially not to his mother. He stepped back to the makeshift hiding spot before reaching down to pick the whole thing up in one hand. It was heavy, incredibly so, but he handled it without any issue.

"I was going to make a full speeder, but I figured it would be better to instead make a hoverboard like this. .. I was hoping to get a test fly in before it's taken away, honestly."

By all accounts he was too young to pilot something like this, but he still very much wanted to anyway. He smiled sadly as he looked over the makeshift board. The engine. He'd put a lot of work in this.

He'd just have to try again when he got older.

HAIuSyi.png

Valery couldn't help but smile a little when he admitted that he was hiding something. Kids had their secrets from their parents, she knew, but she felt happy knowing that he wouldn't blatantly try to tell her lies. There was nothing he couldn't talk to her about and-

He lifted an entire hoverboard out from his hiding spot with just one hand.

Valery blinked while she looked at it, raised an eyebrow and turned her gaze to her son. He had been working on this? These were the kinds of projects she expected from Vera, but now Aris felt a need for speed, too? Maybe he was more like his Mom, after all, and that thought made her smile.

"So... you were going to test this without me, huh?" She smirked and placed both of her hands on her hips while she looked it up and down. "I wonder how fast it can go." She paused, hummed in thought and nodded to herself.

She had a plan.

"I'll uh, find a way to explain it to your Dad. He's building gigantic golems with spears and swords with Vera, so he has no legs to stand on if he thinks this is dangerous." Of course, the golems weren't actually dangerous at all, but she would fight for this. This was a chance for her to bond more with her son.

"Let's take it out to the back and test it? After you try your juice and give me your opinion, of course."

xiqfVVX.png

Huh?

Aris blinked as he looked up from the board to Valery. It took a moment for him to process what it was she was saying. She wasn't going to take it away from him, was she? And she was going to figure out how to explain it? A brighter smile took over the solemness that had spread over his expression. Not only was he going to be able to keep the board, she was going to let him fly it.

He tucked it under one arm as he stepped over to pick up the juice. Took a sip. ".. It's good mom. Like everything you make. Mostly." Not everything she made was the best, though there was enough for him to believe something new would be.

"Let's go fly."

HAIuSyi.png

"Mostly, huh?" Valery wasn't sure if she should smile or pout at him, but at least he still liked most of the things she made. Her cocoa especially, was still his favorite and nobody was going to take that away from her. "You should try a cookie too." She smirked and waggled one in front of his face before she turned around to head outside. If they damaged anything, Kahlil would kill her, so they were going to get some distance and try things out.

"So...let's start slow, alright? I am also eager to see how fast it can go, but safety first." Aris was still her baby, and the thought of him stepping on that board was a little bit scary.

Maybe she'd have to be ready to protect him.

"I'd also love to try it out after you. Or maybe we can build another together? Or an actual speeder, and I'll grab my bike so we can go on rides together..." Yeah, she loved the idea of that - spending time with her son doing something like that.

Hopefully, he would love it too.

xiqfVVX.png

"Oh, right."

Aris was already halfway out the door when she mentioned the cookies. He was excited, to the point he didn't even want to wait any longer. He wasn't just going to check if it worked this time, he was going to be able to actually fly it himself. That had him beyond excited for the chance to literally surf through the air. Vera had told him he needed to learn how to fly.

This counted, right?

He took a cookie, quickly eating it as he rushed his way back outside. "It's good!" Is what he called out as he set the board down and hopped onto it. The starter he still had to do by hand, but he could control the rest by foot. There'd be some learning, but he'd make it work. In his excitement he was pretty focused, but he did pause long enough to look back at his mom with a warm smile.

"I'd like that. This is a prototype, but I do want it to look really nice, not just put together scrap."

Then he promptly kicked it on, and was hovering just a few inches off the ground. He hummed in thought, testing his balance, testing how to move it, how to accelerate with the peddle on the back. "So far, good.. Alright."

HAIuSyi.png

Valery couldn't stop smiling when he nearly rushed out the door before quickly snatching a cookie. From the first day, he had been very quiet and reserved, but in moments like these, he showed the excitement a kid should experience. So, as he stood outside with a board underneath his feet and a warm smile on his face, turned towards his Mom, Valery looked back with tears in her eyes.

Happy tears.

"We'll make you the best possible hoverboard, and we'll work on a speeder bike, too. You and I." Valery walked over, her tears forced away so he wouldn't think she was crying or getting overly emotional again. Deep down, though, this meant the world to her.

Spending time with her children and watching them grow up. Being part of them developing new interests, and feeling welcomed to share those moments with them

"Please be careful, sweetie." Valery was close and held up her hands protectively near his waist, just so she could catch him if she needed to. "Let's start moving forward. You can do it." She looked up into her son's eyes and flashed an encouraging grin.

This was exciting.

@Aris

xiqfVVX.png

"Mom."

He glanced to her as her hands came up around his waist, brow raised. This wasn't like a bike with training wheels, this was a speeder of sorts, with an engine. More importantly, an engine. Which gave off heat. "You need to give me some space. I'm very well balanced." He gave her a smile before waiting for her to step back. If he was going to move on this, she couldn't be hovering close by.

He needed his space.

"Let's see where this goes.."

He did a little more testing on just how to keep his balance and move, then, he was off. It wasn't slow either. He took right off, having pressed down on the peddle as far as it could go as he surfed over the grass. Then towards the lake. If something went wrong, it'd be easier to land in the water than dirt, he figured. And he soared. There was an awkward moment of figuring out the balance over the water, but he was all smiles once he had.

This was freeing. He dipped across the water, letting his fingers trail in it as he hovered just above, and left quite the line of small waves in his wake before he took off. Faster this time, speeding across the water just to see how fast he could go. And eventually he swung back around towards where Valery was, beaming with a smile.

"It works!"

HAIuSyi.png

"I was just making sure you wouldn't fall while getting up on it." Valery pouted, unable to give up on that protective side of her. This hoverboard was likely very fast, judging by the size of the engine he used on it, and it offered no protection at all. If something were to go wrong, they would have to use the Force to not get hurt.

But he was right too - he looked balanced and she couldn't be standing too close when the engine roared fo life. Reluctantly, Valery took a few steps back and watched closely, her heart beating just a little faster from anticipation and motherly worry.

Until he blasted off.

Valery's eyes widened at the sight but not with fear anymore. No, she was excited now and watched on while he soared across the water and even dipped his fingers into the surface of the lake to leave behind a beautiful trail. That was her son, alright, and she couldn't wait until they went for a ride together.

"Don't come straight at me!" She called out when he came back around, still grinning from ear-to-ear. If her own son were to run her over, she would never hear the end of it.

xiqfVVX.png

He didn't exactly soar straight towards her, but he certainly was close. By the grin on his face he was testing himself a bit too much as he kept full speed right back to where she was standing, only to cut the engine and swing the board around so he drifted in a half circle around her before coming to a stop. He was way too grinning to be anything but her son at this point. The inner gremlin had finally emerged.

"Did you see that? I didn't think it could go this fast, but it does! It's awesome!"

HAIuSyi.png

Holy chit, he really was a Noble.

Valery watched with proud gremlin eyes, as he drew close at Mach Skywalker and drifted his half-circle around her. Aris came to a stop, and Valery couldn't help but rush over, clearly excited as well, "That was great, sweetie! You're a natural at this." She wrapped her arms around him and just briefly pulled him close for a hug.

A chance for her to have an outlet for all of her motherly energy.

"Imagine how fast we can get it if we get some proper parts. I know some people I can call for it " Valery smiled and kissed his forehead before finally giving him room to breathe again.

"Maybe we should sign up for a podrace or water race sometime, huh?"

xiqfVVX.png

He returned the hug, surprisingly. No hesitation, no pondering. He was excited, and he didn't see a reason not to hug his mom right at this moment. The forehead kiss brought a pout to his face though. He was getting a little old for those, even if he didn't say as much. He just reached up to rub his forehead as she looked to the engine he'd piecemealed together.

"If we fit this with a proper engine I could probably win any of those races."

He grinned as he nodded his head.

"Let's do it."

HAIuSyi.png

Valery didn't say anything, but she certainly chuckled when he rubbed his forehead. No matter how old, for as long as he lived at home with his parents, Valery wanted her kissies whenever he'd have to leave for a long time, or whenever she felt particularly good about something. This was one of those moments.

"I'll shoot Yula Perl Yula Perl a message. She taught your sister a lot of mechanic and engineering skills, and I'm sure she'll have some good parts for something like this." Probably some parts that weren't legally tested and certified too, but she'd just have to be clear about what they wanted.

An engine to go fast.

"You won't be able to use this in every type of race, but we could build other things, too. A speeder bike, maybe?" Valery snickered and turned her gaze to a separate section of the garage. "I'd love to be able to go for rides with you. My bike is really meant for just one person, but sometimes I manage to get your Dad to join me. He's... not as into it as I am." A mental image of the two of them going down a huge slide at Hologram Fun World flashed through her mind.

The look of pure terror on his face.

"If you have your own bike, I can take you down my favorite route." Though she supposed he could use the hoverboard and go after her, too. A bike was just more comfortable.

Last edited:

xiqfVVX.png

"Learning more about how to handle the mechanics would be ideal. I've been using a lot of holotube to figure these things out." The really long, boring ones at that. They weren't boring to him of course, given how full of information they'd been, but they weren't enough to really build something well. He'd need someone who could actually show him what to do to be of any real use with it.

His gaze followed hers to the garage, nodding. Another speeder to use in different races would be a very good idea. Just being on the board alone would be dangerous, depending on the race.

"That sounds like it'd be fun. I would like the board to be that fast, though. It's very.. Nice, using it. I can use my whole body to control it. It's.. Just nice. I'm not really sure how else to explain it."

HAIuSyi.png

"You should talk to your sister. She's good at this stuff and she likes spending time with you." Valery smiled and let out a happy little sigh. The fact her children were so close meant a lot to her. A lot of brothers and sisters would constantly fight and never really spend time together. Aris and Vera teased each other at most, but they were practically inseparable in a lot of ways. Both as Jedi and as siblings having fun.

Vera also knew Yula, so if Aris needed parts or even more help, she'd be able to help that way, too.

"That's a great way to explain it," Valery said with a dip of her head. "I love the adrenaline, too. That feeling in your gut when you go faster than your body should ever be able to..." She grinned and turned her eyes back to his hoverboard. "Why don't you get on your board and I'll grab my bike?"

"We'll go for a fun route through the mountains."

xiqfVVX.png

"I will. Maybe we'll build our own speeder too."

It wouldn't be a bad idea. More time spent with Vera was always a good thing in his mind, and having another speeder meant ensuring they had at least a back up, if not another specialized option for the different kinds of races that were out there. And he wanted to run them. All of them. There was quite the excitement in his gaze at the idea of being able to win all the races.

Because that's what he'd do. Win.

His expression lit up brighter as he nodded and picked up his board again. A ride through the mountains sounded fantastic, probably more than it normally would by the absolute grin on his face. He was right on his board, idly floating about as he waited for Valery to get her speeder out and ready.

"Once you show me the route we have to race."

HAIuSyi.png

"Just a moment!"

Sometimes, Valery was a child.

She very quickly hopped, slid and bounced her way into the garage, dodged her way around and over obstacles, and removed the protective cover she had placed over her bike. It was relatively new and built by a fellow Jedi, and it was perhaps one of the best gifts Kahlil had helped arrange for her after he ruthlessly crashed her first speeder into an acidic lake.

She loved him, really.

"Too sexy~" Valery said as she looked it over and traced a hand over the seat and body. With how busy she was, she didn't often get to take it out for rides anymore. Now, she wasn't just going to drive it around Niv Hani, but her own son would be joining her! Her excitement had reached new levels.

Quickly, Valery opened up her locker at the side of the room and began to undress in the middle of the garage — out of sight — and threw on her leather pants, pulled on her boots, picked out a tank top and threw on a leather jacket over it. The clothing wasn't just protective, but she also felt amazing wearing it.

Finally, Valery got seated and let the engine roar to life.

"Well, what do you think?" Valery asked once she slowly made her way out of the garage and back to her son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom