Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Training Day

901 ABY | New Jedi Temple

Sazo Vass fidgeted uncertainly, having made her way to the Jedi Council Chambers. Shortly after her returning from her short sojourn to Haruun Kal, where she had retrieved the focus of her vision (which she had strapped to her back), Sazo received a summons.

From Valery Noble. Sword of the Jedi, Valery Noble.

Up until that moment, Sazo wasn't aware Master Noble knew who she was.

But the summons didn't get into any details, just off you trot to the Council Chambers after breakfast, Master Noble will be waiting you, please, thank you, and May The Force Be With You.

With a deep sigh, Sazo opened the door, and stepped into the Council Chambers.

"Master Noble, you wanted to see me?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

HAIuSyi.png

Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Blasters | Lightsabers

"That's right."

Valery had been standing in front of the window to stare across the Coruscant skyline. But as soon as the Padawan made her way up to the Council Chambers, she turned around to greet the young woman with a smile. She bowed her head and walked a little closer. Valery had seen her on occasion, wandering through the Temple or in classes taught by various instructors. But this was their first proper meeting.

She liked to familiarize herself with as many Jedi as she could.

"I don't believe we've properly met before," she began. "I find it important that I try my best to meet with as many of the Jedi in this Order as I can, so I summoned you here for a meeting, and for you to join me on an assignment." Valery hadn't mentioned it in the message, so she waited curiously to see how the Padawan would react.

Some loved the idea and were beyond excited. Others were terrified, though that typically changed quickly enough.

"If you have the time, of course."

Sazo was gobsmacked. Talionis vibrated.

DO NOT EMBARRASS ME, CHILD. ACCEPT THE OFFER. TEST YOUR STRENGTH. TEST MY STRENGTH. SHOW THE GALA-

"
Um, it's an honor, Grandmaster", Sazo said, mentally blocking out the loquacious sword's rant. "That you, um, thought about me for this assignment. I would be honored to accompany you", she managed to get out.

Sazo took a deep breath, and smiled.

"An honor, Grandmaster. What is the assignment?"

HAIuSyi.png

Valery tilted her head curiously.

While Sazo accepted the offer and seemed genuine, she couldn't help but feel as if she had something on her mind. Perhaps something that happened during the day? Or was there something that made her hesitant about joining the mission? Either way, Valery was curious now and she wanted to make sure nothing was up.

"Is everything alright, Padawan Vass?" Valery asked, rather than answer her question. "You look a little... tense?" She wasn't quite sure what the right word was, but she had a feeling that Sazo understood what she meant.

Hopefully, she felt comfortable enough to talk about it.

"Yes, Master Noble", Sazo said, smiling brightly. "Just...a lot on my mind. Last mission got a bit off the rails." All of these things were technically true.

WELL ACTUALLY IT'S PRETTY SPACIOUS IN HERE, WHICH BRINGS TO MY NEXT POINT, YOU NE-

Sazo gave her ancestor the equivalent of a mental slap upside the head, and Talion quieted with a grumble.

'Yeah, I don't know how to explain 'The Force gave me a vision of my long-dead ancestor's sword, and I went and got it and now it's bonded to me, he can talk to me' without her thinking I'm crazy.'

[Yes, Sazo has a lot to learn about what crazy looks like in this big 'ol galaxy.]

Sazo pressed on. "So what assignment did you have in mind, Master Noble?"

HAIuSyi.png

"I see," Valery said with her head still tilted just a little. She was curious, but she wasn't going to pressure the Padawan to talk about the mission and what she had on her mind because of it. "If you want to talk about it, you always can." She offered a smile and watched the young woman a moment longer, offering her a chance to ask questions or talk about it if she wanted, before finally moving on.

They did have a mission to discuss.

"I'd like you to join me for a more diplomatic mission. With Tython and Empress Teta fallen, we've seen a huge surge of refugees passing through the Alliance. We're working hard to find places for them to stay, but it has caused some problems as well. I'd like you to join me to settle one of these disputes."

"It will also be a chance to offer the people who lost their homes some new hope."

Sazo nodded firmly. "I will, I promise", she responded. And she meant it; if Talionis caused unexpected complications-

HEY NOW.

Sazo would fess up, and deal with what came with it.

She mentally rewound what Master Noble said, blinking before humming thoughtfully. "I...didn't realize the Jedi did that sort of thing. I just thought we just killed Bogan. It's noble. Those poor people...the elders told me stories of a being named the Unmaker. He destroyed so much, caused so much misery, destroyed so many homes...

Sazo trailed off, realizing she was rambling and blushed. "Sorry...Where are we going?"

HAIuSyi.png

"Good, I'm glad to hear it." Part of this entire joint mission was to develop a bond of sorts. To establish a relationship that made Sazo feel comfortable following her as a leader, but also to make her open to the idea of approaching her whenever she needed someone with experience to talk to. From her own youth, Valery remembered the Jedi Masters who were very stoic, sometimes harsh, and unapproachable.

They built walls between themselves and the people they were supposed to teach, and she had always committed herself to being different. Especially now that so much responsibility rested on her shoulders.

She wanted to be there for them.

"The Jedi do a lot more than that," Valery began with a chuckle. "It's also not our mission to kill anybody, but to protect others. Sometimes, that means we have to take a life, but it's not our goal to kill." The distinction was very important. Jedi honored life and sought to protect it. They would never actively look to destroy it.

"We'll be traveling to Odik II. It's where many of the refugees from Empress Teta went to. Along the way, I'd like to tell you more about what the Jedi really do and what we represent, if that's alright with you."

Sazo hummed thoughtfully, taking in Valery's idea of the role of the Jedi. The warriors who fought in the war- particularly at Tython- never talked about the Jedi outside of their great killing abilities. She mouthed out 'Odik II' several times. It was a planet she'd never heard of, but there were a lot of planets she'd never heard of.

"We'll be traveling to Odik II. It's where many of the refugees from Empress Teta went to. Along the way, I'd like to tell you more about what the Jedi really do and what we represent, if that's alright with you."

Sazo gave her a small, genuine smile. "Thank you, Master Noble. I'd like that very much; I feel like I have a lot to learn about the Jedi, that I didn't get from Haruun Kal. I'll go get ready." Sazo turned her heel to walk out of the Council Chamber with purpose.

...And moments later, walked right back in, every bit the tall, lanky, awkward teen she was. "...Is there a way we should dress, in terms of temperature and functionality, Master Noble?", she said, blushing.

Another thought crossed her head.

"And may I bring my familiar, Jiub? He's an akk dog, and he's been a bit cooped up. He's great for transportation, and protection."

HAIuSyi.png

"Very well, I'll see you in the Hangar in a moment." Valery smiled and dipped her head before she watched Sazo move to the turbo lift to get down to her quarters. Only... to return a moment later with a question that made Valery chuckle, "The climate there is quite moderate. Don't dress up for extreme cold or heat and you'll be fine." Ordinary Jedi attire would suffice and they didn't really need anything special for the terrain or situation either.

No undercover gear or camouflage of any kind was needed.

"You can bring your Akk dog as long as he listens to you. We can't be running after your little friend if he loses control or doesn't listen." This mission wasn't as dangerous as others, but it was still important for the livelihood of others. So, they needed to take this seriously and only bring along people or pets capable of remaining calm and in control of themselves.

With that said, Valery left for the Hangar herself and got the Bastion ready — her husband's light-freighter that she often used for missions as well. It was the perfect ship for this assignment.

Sazo nodded sheepishly. "Jiub shouldn't be a problem- my clan has taken akk dogs as familiars for generations." That said, she darted out of the room.
-----------

"...And I'm sorry you've been cooped up in the menagerie for months; Jedi don't really 'get' familiars", she explained to a very grumpy Jiub.

ACTUALLY, HARUUN KAL USED TO BE A PLACE OF PILGRIMAGE FOR THE JEDI. THEY USED TO ACTIVELY TAKE AKK DOGS AS FAMILIARS BEFORE THE RUUSAN REFORMATION. AND EVEN A LITTLE AFTERWARDS.

"...The hell is a Ruusan Reformation?", Sazo muttered as she entered the hanger of the Temple, the Bastion coming into clear view. Talion muttered about 'illiterate spawn' and decided to quiet down(which she didn't bother Sazo entirely).

She entered the Bastion, Jiub trailing behind her. He perked up at Valery, deciding to examine the mystery woman with a big sniff. Deigning her to be acceptable, he curled in directly behind the cockpit, eyes facing the Grandmaster, in a show of spite to his master.

Sazo rolled her eyes and took the high ground.

"Master Noble, when I was...home, there was a convocation of sorts. I believe it was about moving the Order. But I don't understand. Why would we leave Coruscant. If the Bogan are coming here, don't the people need us to fight them? What would happen if we left?"

HAIuSyi.png

As soon as Sazo and her companion arrived, Valery was up on her feet and facing their way to greet them. The Jedi Master never had a particular affinity for bonding with animals — not anything like her husband and her children. But when the Akk dog sniffed and showed its approval, Valery couldn't help but smile a little. She reached down to pat Sazo's trusty friend on the head and turned back to the cockpit.

They had a short trip ahead of them, but they needed to be focused. Even where they were going, the region was no longer entirely safe. Occasional Dark Empire scouts harassed lone vessels, and raiding parties terrorized Alliance assets along the new borders as well.

They had to be careful.

"We're not leaving Coruscant," Valery clarified. "We're moving away the younglings and the very young Padawans who can't defend themselves. They have no business being anywhere near the front." She fired up the Bastion's engines and gently took the light freighter off the ground, before inching forward until they were cleared away from the Hangar. With a course set, she took them up through the atmosphere and into space.

"But I myself will be staying, and Jedi who are capable and ready to defend Coruscant against the Dark Empire will be there, too. Perhaps not constantly, but when the time comes that the Jedi must defend the Temple, we'll be there."

Sazo nodded thoughtfully, chewing on the inside of her mouth. Talion nodded agreeable as well; anything that put her in the path of a battle- and for the opportunity fo Talionis to test it's mettle- was something he was wholeheartedly for. She looked out the viewport, hyperspace painting the view in a vivid blue light.

She looked back at Master Noble.

"I've been a Jedi for a couple of months. And it's been great. I've learned a lot- particularly about what a Jedi is, and what a Jedi isn't. The warriors who fought in The War were with the Crusade; they said that a lot of Jedi said the Crusaders were something called...Bokken Jedi? Do you know what that is?"

"Anywho, do you think Jedi are doing a good with that? Helping? Do you think there is something the Jedi should be doing, but aren't, Master Noble?"

HAIuSyi.png

"It's an older term," Valery said with a dip of her head. "It refers to Padawans who were trained after the purge caused by Darth Sidious." She wasn't sure why that was relevant anymore, since the Jedi teachings today were on par with those of the past. In fact, Valery believed them to be far superior to those of the Clone Wars, who were taught to be military leaders, meddle in politics, and disconnect themselves from the people with strict rules all at the same time.

A recipe for disaster.

"The Jedi as a whole are doing what they must. There's always more that we wish we could be doing, but the Galaxy is huge, and we can't be everywhere. For example, a war like the one that just started means we have to focus on defending the core. If we don't, and the Alliance and Jedi fall, we have a huge problem."

"But by focusing so much on the war, we can't also help out in the Outer Rim. So, you'll often see crime rise whenever the Jedi have to protect people in times of war. I'd wish it was different and that we could do more, but we have to be realistic."

Sazo nodded, appreciating the honest answer. The Jedi were a lot of things, but not immortal, and it was nice that the Grandmaster knew that.

"Master, I am confused about this Dark Empire...they say that the man that leads it, was supposed to have died on Tython years ago. And that Emperor before him and the Sword of the Jedi killed him. But he is back. "

She paused, as Jiub decided he wasn't angry, and with his tail, deftly pulled her over to him, enveloping her into eight meters of scaly, repto-mammal around her. Sazo rolled her eyes, but leaned into her familiar.

"How has this man returned?", she continued.

IT HAPPENS MORE THAN YOU THINK, YOUNGLING.

"...And why does the Empire fight under his banner?", she finished, not missing a beat.

A thought occurred to Sazo. "Master Noble, when we get to Odik II...how will we be received? The Jedi failed to stop the Empire from destroying their homes. What can we say to them?", she said anxiously.

HAIuSyi.png

"He's not the first to rise from being dead," Valery said with a sigh. "The last line of the Jedi Code essentially means that existence goes beyond the death of our physical bodies, and that we return to the Force. So, even when we die, something of us is retained and it does make it possible in some cases for people to be brought back alive. Usually, the methods are quite... dark and unnatural. But it is possible."

It wasn't something Jedi typically did, but Sith were far less enthusiastic about leaving behind the mortal world. They bound their souls to objects or tombs, and they twisted life and the Force itself to sustain themselves for longer.

"The Dark Empire follows him because he has always presented himself as their Sith'ari. The one who will make the change they want to see. I'd have expected more to turn against him when he failed last time, but I suppose that's the power of corruption and manipulation. He controls his people like a puppet Master." Valery frowned, but forced those thoughts aside when Sazo asked a question about their upcoming mission.

"They will have mixed feelings," she said with a dip of her head. "But that's why we're going there. Nothing we say can really ease their suffering, but we can show them that we're there for them by being there."

HAIuSyi.png

She could have expected this.

Whenever she spent time with Padawans she never trained with before, they often wanted a lightsaber lesson or just a simple sparring session. She didn't blame them for it, and in most cases, Valery enjoyed it a great deal. Sparring was more than just practice, after all. It was a chance to learn more about another Jedi.

"We have time, yes," Valery said with a chuckle. "Was there anything specific you wanted to practice or learn? Or just a spar to test your skills and have some fun?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom