Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Triple A-Okay

if they're watching anyways
ipuGMYq.png

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa Amani Serys Amani Serys

"Aunty A! They're here! Hi, welcome. I'm Kyla, it's nice to meet you." She looked twenty-something; dark brown hair, average height, smile that could light up the sun.

"Let them in!"

"Yeah! Here, let me take those," she said, for their jackets.

The apartment felt small -- the front hallway was tight, packed in by the coat hangers and shoe rack and console table that blocked nearly half the hall. There were two doors on the left and two on the right, and the hall opened up to a larger room, what looked to be a kitchen, maybe a dining room across from it.
"She's at the end. Oh, and bathroom's first left."

Wall to wall there were pictures, mostly of four-five kids, but a couple with Auteme, too; a lot of art, going from five-year-old's first crayon drawing to paintings of the skyline that matched the view from the windows at the end of the hall.

Auteme already had the table set, simple ceramics with a floral pattern on the edges, on an intimate round wood table -- real wood, from the look and feel. The Chancellor herself was hardly dressed as such, down to a fluffy orange turtleneck and jeans. She stood at the stove, three pots on top and something in the oven. She smiled as her guests entered. "Hey, welcome. How are things? How was the trip in?"

Auteme's Apartment
Coruscant

"...And what do we say when they give us dinner?"

"Thank you for the food!" Lia puffed out her chest a little, obviously excited to be back on Coruscant.

"Tank fooood!" August goofed, but Alicio gave him a raised eyebrow. "Thank you for the food," he amended quietly.

"Mmm-hmm." Alicio glanced over at Amani, properly pacified. It wasn't every day that the leader of the free galaxy invited you and your family to dinner. He'd always tried to instill good manners in their children, understanding that toddlers would be toddlers, but today, the Alderaanian was a little on edge. It was the first time he had the chance to speak with Auteme since her... questionable senate decision. Rumblings had begun among his colleagues, rumblings he didn't particularly like.

As the family approached the correct door, Liana pulled ahead, wanting to be the first to knock. She pounded on the door as heavily as her little toddler fist could manage, and it was opened by a woman Alicio had never seen before. There was a moment where Alicio wondered if they'd gotten the wrong place, but they were quickly invited within. Alicio gave Auteme's niece a warm, if clipped smile, and an outstretched hand to shake. "Thank you for the warm welcome. It's good to meet you, Kyla."

The little family was quickly ushered in, their coats taken by their attentive host. Alicio's eyes traveled the walls, taking note of the many family photos. He realized he'd never talked with the Chancellor about family before. She had... more than he'd assumed.

Finally, they came within view of Auteme herself. Alicio let his smile fill out, even if his eyes betrayed a bit of his fatigue. She neglected decorum, so he did too.
"Thank you for having us. The trip was smooth, but I'm more impressed we all had the time." A King, a Jedi Councilmember, and the Chancellor? It was a miracle their schedules lined up.

"Anything we can do to help?"

- Amani Serys Amani Serys - Auteme Auteme -

Alliance politics were in a messy spot. War, and the responses to it, had many up in arms. Tonight would hopefully be a break from all that. Or at the very least, a break from many of the voices involved.

Being back on Coruscant was a welcome familiarity, offset by the tension that gripped the long-standing capital of the Alliance. The fear that something might happen at any moment. The Dark Empire was only a few sectors away, after all.

The kids were blissfully ignorant. And as the door opened, Amani allowed herself to be so as well. A woman she'd never met, who promptly introduced herself as Auteme's niece, welcomed them inside, "Thank you, Kyla. A pleasure." She offered a hand after Alicio.

The Chancellor's apartment was more curious than Amani had expected. It seemed relatively small, given her position; but then again so was the Organas' when they lived here. Pictures of children decorated the walls, and the Chief Healer met the same revelation as her husband: That family was a concept that seemed wholly disconnected from Auteme. To be reminded that not only did she have one, but learn that it was as big as it was, felt like a whole side of the Chancellor secretly unraveled.

Auteme was awaiting them at the table, dressed and greeting the family casually. Amani offered her a smile, "It is impressive. When we were crowned I was sure we'd never have the time for dinner ever again. Let alone with the Madame Chancellor." She looked around and nodded, silently affirming Alicio's offer for help.

if they're watching anyways
"Ah, well," her expression gave welp, "I've had a few cancelled meetings. So, I appreciate you making the time for me."

Kyla was immediately on the case for Lia and August. She was clearly a pro with kids -- bright smile, silly, physical. She brought them over to the living room that sprawled out across from the kitchen and dining room. The tea table was already replete with neat trinkets and a couple of old toys, which Kyla assured the kids she still played with.

"It's mostly done, but- you could cut the bread and finish mixing the salad." She gestured to the appropriate foodstuffs resting on the counter. "Oh, and- drinks. What can I get you?"

It wasn't even close to the selection at the Chancellor's estate, but it wasn't too shabby. Auteme grabbed them glasses and set them in reach.

"And, when are you going to introduce me?" She smiled, looking over at their children.

"Any time, Chancellor." Alicio could only speculate why the Chancellor's calendar had opened. One would think with the big move, she would only be busier.

August ingratiated himself immediately to Kyla, rambling in toddler-speak to her in an excited timbre. He was quite the outgoing child, dauntless in the face of new people, and entirely engrossed in the new toys. He picked up the nearest doodad, and swung it around Kyla, making starship sounds with his mouth, and inviting her to play along.

Alicio tilted his head down to Amani, shooting her a sweet smile. "I call bread duty," he murmured, finding his place at the prep table, and cutting the loaf with an obvious familiarity. Baking was one of his favorite hobbies, so he'd gotten rather good with a breadknife. Focused on the task ahead of him, he spared a quick look at Auteme. "Do you have something on the kettle? If not, water is perfectly fine for me."

"And, when are you going to introduce me?"

"Of course." Alicio finished slicing, finding a little smirk. "Liana, August? Come say hi to our host."

- Amani Serys Amani Serys - Auteme Auteme -

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom