Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Ulama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Von

R
OOC Info
*Intent* To create a pack of weapons for factions and character use.
*Image Credit* N/A
*Canon* N/A
*Links* http://starwarsrp.net/topic/130968-late-night-activites-fel-empire/ | http://starwarsrp.net/topic/133224-experimental-developmentsfel-empire/ | http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Raptoran | http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/River_moon_of_Al%27doleem
General Info
*Name* Ulama
*Designation* Semi Sentient
*Homeworld* The River moon of Al'doleem.
*Language* The subjects can use a variety of clicks and gestures to interact or speak.
*Average Lifespan* 80 Years
*Estimated Population* 16 Semi-unique
*Description* The Ulama were a large bird-like species that has massive claws on both feet that could slash, tear, and stab victims and deliver a venom that created blindness and made the victim clumsy. The creature seemed to be as large as a Starfighter when fully grown and spreading both wings.
Physical Info
*Breathes* Oxygen
*Average height of Adults* 14 Feet
*Average length of Adults* 21 Feet
*Skin Color* Black, Orange, Red, Gray
*Feather Color* Males: Gray, Orange, Black Females: Black, Red, Dark Blue
*Distinctions* The Ulama had 2 large feet it used to grab prey and slam them to the ground with amazing force knocking the wind of the victim along with the savage venom that would often Blind the prey and create dizziness. It stood very tall when it stood straight it stood almost eagle-like the wings and beak resembled this giving the creature great flying speed and strength.
*Races* N/A
*Strengths* * This creature when in flight could hit a speed of up to 175 MPH when diving from a high altitude while more average speeds of 135 MPH are more common.

* This bird had very dense muscles built for speed and strength it could use them for slamming into prey or lifting them being able to fly with up to 4x its own weight while costing speed but it could be done.

* This species of bird had a venom in its claws which caused Blindness for hours the victim would also feel dizzy or clumsy.
*Weaknesses* * This creature had skin and feathers it lacked any scales or thick hide to protect itself this bird can be easily injured by most weapons.

* This species has very little to go off in the ways of smell and can almost not smell at all causing it to hunt fully on eyesight and if cut off from seeing the prey it cannot hunt.

* This creature has a weakness to toxic materials when ingesting food it has 0 resistance to toxins or poisons these could be used via gas bombs or tranq darts filled with toxins.

* With its large size this species must also have a clear area they have trouble hunting on their feet or in thick jungles or forest and need an open area to be effective.

Culture
*Diet* These birds ate medium-sized mammals or fish they even scavenge for dead or somewhat rotting flesh as well.
*Communication* They would often use clicking sounds and gestures to communicate.
*Technology level* N/A
*Religion/Beliefs* N/A
*General Behavior* Bred and trained to be aggressive and highly defensive to anyone but the Richard Von and the others of its species, often becoming docile and showing a lot of loyalty to its fellow friends.
Historical Info
This creature called the Ulama was created in a cloning and genetics lab using the DNA of Raptorans as well as some species of poison frogs to bridge the gap in the DNA giving the Ulama venom in its claws but no kind of water abilities or resistance to water and no camouflage either. This project took 18 months of work from Richard Von and his droids along with a lot of funds for all the equipment and studies only 16 of these creatures were made although Richard Von still has the DNA sample to create more or even modify the genetics further from here with more time of course.

These birds are very fast and strong good for combat which is the primary reason for them being created as a tool for the Fel Empire and more importantly Richard Von who has the complete Loyalty of the pack and the Beta in the group of Ulama. They would be deployed with their advanced speed they would swiftly pick out targets in an open area killing them and dropping them before coming in for another dive. These birds were smart and would attack depending on the commands from the Alpha or Beta with pointing from Richard Von or a kill command from the Beta.

These birds must eat 1/4 of their body weight in food every 36 hours and must have multiple hours of free flying a day or they become depressed and likely to rebel the same would happen if kept alone or in groups of 2 these birds are highly social and need multiple pack members to thrive.

[member="Richard Von"]

Pretty cool space bird. Just a couple of things I've noticed so far that we need to go over.

Please link the River Moon of Al'doleem to the appropriate wookiee page.

Richard Von said:
*Estimated Population* 16 Rare
16 is a very small number overall and would definitely fit in our semi-unique category. I know your submission states that because they are a product of genetic engineering, it is possible to breed more, but that is still a highly endangered species as it stands right now. Please change this to semi-unique or up your population to several communities worth at least.

Richard Von

R
I changed the from rare to Semi-unique, as for breeding they don't really breed they lay eggs only in the winter though, I also put in the link to the planet in.

[member="Zark"]

[member="Richard Von"]

Okay, taking a look over this I have one major issue.

Right now you have three strengths that are what we call 'hard' strengths- they are good in PvP and work *always*. You have one weakness that is a hard weakness- same criteria in that it is a PvP weakness and is always the case, so that one is good. But then your other weakness is mostly flavor- not bad, but not balancing out those strengths at all. You also have this in your history:

They would be deployed with their advanced eyesight
Which sounds pretty clearly like it ought to be in strengths.

So I'm going to need a couple more weaknesses here, and either the removal of the advanced eyesight part, or it's addition to strengths. You could change that simply to 'good' eyesight and I'd have no particular issues with it there, but the way it reads it sounds like it belongs in strengths.

Richard Von

R
[member="Irajah Ven"]

I fixed a couple weaknesses and did not want to delete any strengths so I counterbalanced by adding 2 more weaknesses.

[member="Richard Von"]

That all works just fine, thank you.

I still need you to either tweak the eye sight reference in the history or add it to strengths tho. I see no issue if you add it to strengths with the new weaknesses, btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom