Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Weapon X Project

Sicarius chewed her lips in concentration as she studied the results of her experiment on her subject. She had been trying to determine an artificial or alchemical way of transferring longevity on a human specimen. She believed the key was in Nightsister and Sith force imbued undead, combines with a biological scientific method of halting the advance of the ability just short of death. While she seemed to have been able to halt the advance stages of the process just before death the results were… incomplete.

The only subject to have survived to this stage was aesthetically. Less than ideal. Physically he was superb. While the subject seemed to be able to take tremendous amount of physical damage and still function, there were still several problems with procedure.

For one this specimen was the only subject to have survived to this stage. Sicarius wasn't sure what the reason for that might be. It's possible he had some sort of genetic trait that allowed his system to recover more than other humans or even other sentient species could replicate.

Another possibility was the environmental factors the subject may have been exposed to before coming to Sicarius laboratory for experimentation.

Or it could be psychological, it could be that this subject simply refused to die long enough for a gene to be activated that allowed the specimen to react as it did. Sicarius had to admit his psychological reaction was odd, not as odd as her current 'employer' but still. Most subject would have broken down mentally some even to the point of being gibbering messes.

It might have something to do with the rumour that this particular subject may have volunteered for experimentation.

Whatever the cause. Sicarius wanted to study it then duplicate it. Which if this subject was the only one to have survived suggested that he may be an anamoly. The result was no result if it bore no fruit beyond this single example. No matter how encouraging. Although perhaps he would be of some use to the Empire regardless. Sicarius never knew with any certainty what went through Velrans mind perhaps he would find some erratic confusing and understandable only to him use for them.

Still perhaps some verbal confirmations could provide useful data. At the very least she could eliminate some potential factors and causes, if she knew something of his history.

"Subject-893" Sicarius addressed the man on her table.

It was odd actually addressing one of her experiments, mostly she had learned to tune out their screams and begging for help. Even if this particular subject had never done so.

"I need to know. Were you exposed to any environmental factors before coming to the lab?"

Sicarius frowned as she tried to consider the possibilities.

"Perhaps when you were a child? Some sort of disease, or time spent in a Force imbued planet, moon, temple or tomb?"

"I don't suppose you now your families medical history? Whether or not you have some cross breeding with any Near-Human species somewhere down the track? Perhaps even just a clone of some sort?"

Knox Knox

As darkness was to become the norm, everything got rather bright for Knox. His senses slowly recoiled from shifting in and out of consciousness over an undetermined amount of time. Images, voices (especially a loud one), feelings of pain all yet to be identified. Instead while the world slowly formed around Knox, he seeked to figure where he was.

He couldn't exactly move, but he wasn't sure if it was the results of captivity or his own body. It usually took a second to wake after being immobile of what seemed like forever.

Knox tried to move anything that he could, only to feel he was on a table. Someone definitely screwed him. Only a special few knew exactly where he was, frozen to be awaken at a determined time. It helped him around in the long run, put a sense of credibility towards his "immortality" and give himself some rest.

Subject-893.

The realization hit him quick. He's been a goddamn experiment for who knows how long! Knox looked towards the voice in particular to see a somewhat familiar face in terms of the flashes, a pale Dathomirian woman. She seemed rather petite, but the way she carried herself told otherwise.

I need to know. Were you exposed to any environmental factors before coming to the lab?

Smart too for someone young. All the cards pointed to a Sith, but Knox didn't really care about being right. He was focused on getting out.

Perhaps when you were a child? Some sort of disease, or time spent in a Force imbued planet, moon, temple or tomb?

I don't suppose you now your families medical history? Whether or not you have some cross breeding with any Near-Human species somewhere down the track? Perhaps even just a clone of some sort?

Knox chuckled a little bit at the scientist's train of thought. Quite a few individuals tried to answer what he was. Maybe he could use that for the time being until the situation turned more favorable.

"Well miss, that's a good question. I figure my condition had to do with our history of poking a bit too much in places we shouldn't. We Palpatines aren't known for safety." Knox joked with a slight grin.

Sicarius sighed with resignation as the subject offered a sarcastic comment to her genuine questions for information. Normally this would be the part where she threatened to torture him for the information, then once he refused make good on the threat. Unfortunately she was the victim of her own success. The subject could withstand tremendous amount of physical damage. Much more so than the regular humanoid could. Perhaps even species known for their physical hardship or healing abilities.

Perhaps she should test that. Sicarius would enjoy testing the limits of that resilience. To be able to push a person to the brink of death then bring them back again was an art. One which she cultivated and considered herself quite the painter at. Currently however she didn't know what those limits were with this particular specimen. He was also the only one she had. If she lost him she'd more or less be back to square one.

"Palpatine was rumored to have come back from the dead. Perhaps even more than once. It was said he could harness the very power over life and death. Something no Jedi could ever accomplish. Unless you believe in their unity with the force after death being the reason for their alleged immortality."

Sicarius had to admit at the very least the subject was distracting.

"Your resilience to physical damage is impressive even if aesthetically you were something to be improved upon. Then again I doubt you were much to look at even before these experiments."

"I suppose it was too much to expect you to know your full personal and medical history. Oh well I'll have to do this the other way. Take samples and run them against DNA samples from other species for a start."

With that Sicarius took her scalpel and sliced off a piece of flesh. She turned to the scanner and placed it upon it.

"If you won't tell me your medical history how about just your history. You must be bored by now. It would give you something to do."

Knox Knox

Knox kept the sly grin up, but his eyes narrowed as flesh was cut from him. "Well being a experiment tends to do that."

He really wasn't getting the best impression of her, and felt no obligation to share. It was best nobody knew, but he didn't exactly have too many options. "Well there isn't much to tell. Decided I had a knack to chase down those that needed chasing one day, and I happened to be really good at it. Wasn't long until I became a hot bid in the criminal underbelly, either wanting my employment or my death. Sometimes both."

He curled his hand after a few attempts, meaning he could move again. The lack of a gun in it felt wrong, a feeling he hoped to correct at somepoint.

"What'll cure my bordeom is your history. I've been on this end a few times before, but usually my captors aren't Sith. Or apprentices for that matter."

Sicarius Hekate Sicarius Hekate

Sicarius grunted in bemusement at the subjects continual sly remarks. She supposed if she were more interested in the nature of being psychology she'd find that aspect of the subject just as fascinating.

"Notes on Subject 893. Perhaps the subjects physical resilience is tied to his psychological resilience."

It was a curious thought, but beyond being functional enough to serve as soldiers Sicarius didn't much care about what happened to her experiments mental state. Although she had to admit it provided a novel distraction.

"Hmm? Oh my history" Sicarius shrugged seeing no harm in answering the question it wasn't like the subject was going anywhere and keeping him talking and interested may provide something useful

"I was born and raised among the Nightsisters. Traded to the Sith. Got a master spent a couple of years on the run. Pehaps you were one of the ones who hunted us? Ha! A brief stint as a Hutt's captive. Some more time with my master, before we took our revenge on the Hutt took over his criminal Empire then I got captured by the now Emperor. Now I run experiments using the Empire's resources. Of which a steady supply of subjects such as you is one."

"Your ability to suffer physical damage is intriguing but I wonder why your skin and flesh doesn't regrow back but just clings to your skeleton structure?"

"Tell me can you still smell without a nose?"

Knox Knox

"So many questions one would pay to hear."

Knox chuckled as he slowly broke out of the chains that held him, trying to avoid suspicion. Not that she wasn't paying much attention anyways, which may be a byproduct of her nature. Still, he couldn't be too careful with Sith. He looked around for anything to be used as a weapon, seeing little besides surgical tools. A knife would work.

But a thought struck the hunter. If this Empire was anything like the organization of his time, he could set up a living of countless jobs. Of course it wouldn't stop him from taking other work, but it would be a nice way to get accustomed to the current landscape.

No, he'll let bygones be bygones with her. After all he is starting to feel better than he has in a LONG time. But Knox won't forget.

He quickly rose up from the table to swipe the weapon and hopefully get close to Sicarius, just having the knife close enough to get her out of her train of thought.

"I might answer more under a different arrangement. As you see, I'm far better up and moving than being a lying experiment. I go by Knox, not Subject 893."

Last edited:
Sicarius was focused on her work wondering what the effect on the subjects surface skin organs was as a result of her experiments. The ability to withstand tremendous physical damage was potentially very advantageous, particularly if she were able to recreate the results. Sicarius wasn't sure about the viability of repeated success was but still she was hopeful. The question was whether or not the lack of nose meant further loss of function to other organs. If for instance the nose was just the first and hearing, speech or even sight was next could prove catastrophic in a combat environment.

Then again he seemed to be able to hear her now in their conversation and his speech seemed to suffer no impedimentation so far, so the prognosis so far seemed to indicate those other loss of functions was less likely.

"Hopefully the lack of nose isn't an indicator of further shutdown of other organs. The spell combined with electric current seems to have stimulated the body long enough to function on it's own." Sicarius recorded into her audio diary log.

Sicarius was so focused on her work she didn't notice until the subject started speaking. She turned slowly and slightly peeved, she had a brief moment of flash of fear before she remembered she still had access to her force abilities within the confines of her lab. Still it would be a shame if she lost such a promising specimen.

"Very well Knox, and what exactly is your plan assuming you escape this room, then this facility?"

"What happens if as a result of my experiments your organs do start to shut down who else is going to be able to have a chance of fixing you other than me?"

Knox Knox

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom