Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question What new feature do you want at Chaos this year?

DeadpoolMLP

Too many characters, I have
Updated Indexes of existing Codex materials - Ships, vehicles, tech - perhaps sorted by category.
Purging of deprecated Codex materials - Ships, vehicles, tech built on an outdated system or specific and exclusive to characters no longer extant.
that second one is gonna piss off a lot of old heads. People still like using subs they made in 2013, I've seen it.

I think it be neat to have a slightly more engaging roll system.

The ability to add bonuses you can label to mimic a simplified RPG system to live determine a duel could be neat. While you can already write it manually into a tl;dr, my goblin brain likes seeing roll results with the math broken down in front of me.

Example:

Bonus Input:
+1 labeled as Padawan
+2 from lightsaber

You click roll. Get your result, it automatically does the rest of the math. Blah blah. Pre-loaded into your message for ease of use.

While FAR from necessary, I think it be a neat quality of life addition. Not as a rule. Just an optional feature.

A way to easily tell which factions are active or inactive.

I get it’s not higher priority since the top posters really are the ones around and they can keep track better than small timers like me but I do think it would help boost minor faction activity though because instead of only going to majors because you know they are active you could easily tell which minors are active and join them.

I usually just bug Valery Noble Valery Noble if I need to find out if minor factions are around. She is a life saver <3

Last edited:
I’m guessing you’re seeing what I’m doing. Relax homie, I plan on adding custom hex colors you can add via user preferences that will pop up so you can have whatever you want, easily.

I’m less listening to the year 5 requests for a wiki (seriously you can edit tags), more looking to make 2024 a QOL improvement year. Ya’ll gonna get some cool gadgets just keep requestin.
I like the colors.

Pls don't kill me but I suggest more rgbiv layout for what you have presently? :

• █ 6
  • █ 13
  • █ 27
  • █ 20
  • █ 21
  • █ 35
  • █ 11
  • █ 4
  • █ 10
  • █ 36
  • █ 3
  • █ 54
  • █ 52
  • █ 37
  • █ 39
  • █ 9
  • █ 38
  • █ 8
  • █ 1
  • █ 2
  • █ 56
  • █ 43
  • █ 44
  • █ 45
  • █ 53
  • █ 22
  • █ 51
  • █ 16
  • █ 47
  • █ 23
  • █ 46
  • █ 48
  • █ 49
  • █ 19
  • █ 26
  • █ 30
  • █ 25
  • █ 55
  • █ 29
  • █ 24
  • █ 18
  • █ 17
  • █ 28
  • █ 31
  • █ 32
  • █ 33
  • █ 50
  • █ 34
  • █ 5
  • █ 12

before you go and put work in like that can you please ask me first so you can do what we both want at the same time lol

like literally just dm me before you do it just be like "tef i feel like ordering your colors are you cool with that and also is there a way in which I can do it to help you"

like 2 extra steps per color and you would've nailed it but its fine i'll probably do it

but for example, I would need their hex codes and ordered per property

like #ff0000 <current spot> 1000
#nextred <current spot> 1100

1000 is the spot I order it, and I increase by base 100, to create plenty of room for future expansion if wanted.

right now u just gave me <color u need to click on to find it's hex code> <current spot its in>

I

1000 is the spot I order it, and I increase by base 100, to create plenty of room for future expansion if wanted.

right now u just gave me <color u need to click on to find it's hex code> <current spot its in>
I Can do this when I'm at my PC again :]

Like this? Tefka Tefka

Reds:
  • █ #FF0000 1000
  • █ #FF1744 1100
  • █ #EB6B56 1200
  • █ #E25041 1300
  • █ #D1482F 1400
  • █ #B8312F 1500
  • █ #B2102F 1600
  • █ #FF3D00 1700
  • █ #FF8C7A 1800
  • █ #FF6349 1900

Oranges:
  • █ #FF9100 2000
  • █ #FFA100 2100
  • █ #FFB200 2200
  • █ #FF9222 2300
  • █ #FF9200 2400

Yellows:
  • █ #FFCF33 2500
  • █ #FAC51C 2600
  • █ #FFFF00 2700
  • █ #FFCF7A 2800

Greens:
  • █ #35FD2D 2900
  • █ #00E676 3000
  • █ #00A852 3100
  • █ #00A885 3200
  • █ #41A884 3300
  • █ #61BEBA 3400
  • █ #A0BD6D 3500

Blues:
  • █ #0011FF 3600
  • █ #2264B9 3700
  • █ #548CD2 3800
  • █ #007CB2 3900
  • █ #2CB9F2 4000
  • █ #0099F3 4100
  • █ #0000FF 4200

Purples:
  • █ #8337FF 4300
  • █ #DD33FA 4400
  • █ #9500AE 4500
  • █ #9345B8 4600
  • █ #573582 4700
  • █ #6B3F95 4800

Blacks, Grays, and Miscellaneous:
  • █ #000000 4900
  • █ #282C4E 5000
  • █ #474F77 5100
  • █ #7C706B 5200
  • █ #A38F84 5300
  • █ #D1D5D8 5400
  • █ #EFEFEF 5500
  • █ #FFFFFF 5600

An option when setting up a poll to remove the ability to see poll results unless admin or creator of said poll.

Similar but for seeing the names of who is voting.

its so weird that in 2024, forum software created 18 years ago had better code for polls than we do currently.

this is not something currently offered by the base software and would need heavy redesign to offer.

Bugger. Will experiment with other options to see if I can get desired result next round.

but also, on a forum with subaccounts, why would you EVER want a poll that is anonymous

if you make it so that only you can validate the results, then only you will validate the results. And lets be real, you aint doing that unless you get super sussy. So why not just remove the incentive for lying on polls

but also, on a forum with subaccounts, why would you EVER want a poll that is anonymous

if you make it so that only you can validate the results, then only you will validate the results. And lets be real, you aint doing that unless you get super sussy. So why not just remove the incentive for lying on polls

My first request of the two was what I primarily came here to ask for, the second was an afterthought while I was typing out the first. Main reason for the first was to avoid anyone feeling bummed out if they didn't get any votes in a vote that is supposed to be all about good will in the community. If they cannot see how many votes everyone got, then no chance of someone feeling that way. Sure, the person that nominated them should vote for them at least, but you never know. Betrayal is not a new thing.

My first request of the two was what I primarily came here to ask for, the second was an afterthought while I was typing out the first. Main reason for the first was to avoid anyone feeling bummed out if they didn't get any votes in a vote that is supposed to be all about good will in the community. If they cannot see how many votes everyone got, then no chance of someone feeling that way. Sure, the person that nominated them should vote for them at least, but you never know. Betrayal is not a new thing.

Morally, I... understand your take here.

Mechanically and philosophically, I do not support this line of thought. I will cave when things are used offensively, without purpose, especially when it's something like a Cringe react (that I'm ultimately responsible for introducing). But removing poll transparency to help people not feel bad...

Okay, I'm going to put on the doctor's glove actually than respond the usual tough guy routine. A way to fix your outlook, I think, or at least help it in concern to polls - always allow unlimited vote selection. For example, I cannot vote for one party more than once, but I may vote for every party. You see me do it all the time with Staff polls, both internal and external, there will be a "Yes", "No", "Tef sucks", "I hate Tef". And then I allow the ability to vote for everything, but I don't publicize it. I do this because it's chaos in the vote, without imbalancing the vote. Some options will still pull ahead, but most options (if not all) will get a vote. I also do this because it detracts from how serious people want to make these things.

In the case of "lets make everyone feel good", the community will take care of its own in this regard. Most people will get a vote.The option I think you should utilize is just allowing people to vote for all options. specifically labeled when creating a poll as "Maximum available responses: Unlimited."

For a spicier take, though... people need to accept they have to lose so there can be a winner. I will never support a world in which everyone wins. In my world, a requirement of my victory is your defeat.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom