Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Wings Fully Unfurled

Pyeth Raffinki Pyeth Raffinki

"I hope you will have the chance," Tiland said, thinking back to the night spent sleeping on the great boughs and the vagaries of the visions that had visited him that night. And to find such a legendary creature would be... quite an experience."

Although, prophecy was always challenging. It was hard to guess at how to interpret them. He had met a Mist-Weaver and one of the blue banthas. But for some reason, he suspected those were not what that vision had meant, although he could not guess what legendary creature it could have been referring to.

"And that is fascinating," Tiland said, eyes refocusing and contemplating the words and their implications. "What would it have meant to have been given absolution?"

"I don't quite know. I turned it down. It said something about sharing knowledge of Chief Vedas' manipulations, maybe it'd shown the Shaman a vision, or sent bad omens." Pyeth said, there was some regret.

It was an easy resolution, but rarely did easy translate into positive outcomes. "I love my Aashi and people, but no good can come from opening old wounds. Especially when living through disaster."

Pyeth leaned back pondering, what would have happened even if he agreed. Would he give up the path of a Jedi? Live out his days amongst his people.

"Was it the right choice, Master?" He asked, curious as to Tiland's opinion. He was older and Pyeth learned to trust in his wisdom.

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun

Tiland leaned back, deep in thought. "That is most insightful," he said, leaning forward again. There were implications and meanings that he could not even guess at untangling. He interlaced his fingers and knit his eyebrows together before raising them up at Pyeth's question.

"The right choice?" Tiland repeated the words softly to himself before giving a gentle smile. "Pyeth, only you can answer whether it was the right decision." He paused for a moment before letting out a deep breath. "But what I can say is this- as I've gotten older, I've grown less and less convinced there are always right decisions. In this case, either could have been the right choice. I suppose my question to you in return is what do you think your decision means for you?"

"A chance," Pyeth replied without a second thought. He went still, realising the word had escaped his beak. He had forgone his chance, the Raffinki would close their doors to him, now and forever. It should have left him a shrivelled and broken thing, but he felt no such remorse, he wasn't angry. He wasn't leaving empty-handed, Rishi had gifted him her Kyber, Aashi & her returned to safety, and answers were given. Not freely, but there was comfort in knowing all that happened was no fault of his own.

Yes, he killed the Maun'gur, but as the Spirit and Master Tiland explained, there was no answer, no outcome that didn't end in someone's suffering. Life was Sacred.

"A chance," He said firmly, "A chance for me to help not only my people but those in other parts of the Galaxy that do not benefit from the same representation or recognition others do. I do not need recognition, so long as I leave a place better than I found it... Since we arrived, I've done nothing but try and force change, creating scenarios for which I alone might benefit. Fancied me a saviour."

Last edited:

"A chance," Tiland mused, nodding slowly as he listened to Pyeth's words. There was wisdom in his words and wisdom hard-earned, at that. The sorts of lessons that could only be learned by experience and, more importantly, reflection leading into self-awareness.

"Those are good insights," Tiland replied. "Honesty, humility, and acceptance, and a realization about yourself."

The words cemented the hunch Tiland had had about the experience and he interlaced his fingers together, considering his next words carefully. "The time here on Rishii has been a series of trials for you, I think, and testing. But through them all, I think you have grown wiser and more aware of yourself and the path the Force is putting ahead of you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom