Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Wroshyr Work

For almost as long as he could remember, Vulpesen had hated the sith. Even when hate was forbidden to him by the jedi code, he had found it coiled in his heart like a serpent, ready to spring. But the sith were the antithesis of everything he believed. They were pure evil and they, perhaps even they alone, were worthy of such vitriol. That had been his staunch belief. That belief was changing as his gaze swept over the charred wroshyr trees and the burned village before him. Cathar. Serroco. Now Kashyyyk and Rodia. Vulpesen considered himself a student of history. Why then was he just now seeing the destructive evil posed by the Mandalorians whom he himself had fought across the galaxy, whether his lightsaber had shone gold or red?

Upon hearing of the planet’s plight, Vulpesen had gathered up a team of wilders, loaded into the Vixen and set off. Of course, he wasn’t blind to the diplomatic issues regarding his actions. But he was allowed a bit more freedom from intergalactic scrutiny. Hopefully by now, most realized he was no longer a jedi, or at least had forgotten that he had ever been one. Still, before setting off to gather allies from home, he had let the jedi know of his intentions to aid with the rebuilding of the village. It was on a volunteer basis, but he had faith that at least some would answer the call to aid him in rebuilding the village.

A roar to Vulpesen’s right took his attention from his thoughts and he turned to see a massive creature of fur and muscle, fixing him with what he could best describe as a sad smile beneath its pelted face. “Hroongar. I’m sorry I couldn’t come earlier.” The wookiee roared again and stepped forward to pick the Wilder up in a crushing embrace. “Yeah, I know. Been a while. It's good to see you too.”

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

After the events on Cathar and Rodia, Jonyna had made it her mission to help more outside of the GA space. Within their borders, the GA already had plenty of heroes. But ouside, the galaxy always needed more volunteers to do the work that no one else would. This included helping rebuild broken communities. When Vulpesen Vulpesen had stated he was heading towards the Wookie homeworld, Jonyna was the first to offer her assistance as well. She had been teaching herself wookie anyways, after her run in with Irvelghrikk

As The Reaper came down on the spaceport, she looked over to Vulpes' ship, walking out with a bit of a stride. She wanted to impress, especially after what happened on Cathar. Even if the master wasn't a part of the NJO, she still respected anyone who could reach that rank.

Kashyyyk was always a beautiful place.... the silver rest had been beautiful but it was gone... moved literally by her mother into a region of space few others could reach... fun times but the area that had been left behind wasn't just a large hole in the ground. It had filled with water for the surrounding area... a massive lake that had fisheries for the wookiees to use and more equipment. The attacks from mandalorians in season weren't much... but the secondary temple of the quarrelsome daughters was able to provide what it could. The other vilages that were being rebuilt and healing could be done as she stood there and wore sylars robes. A gift from the spirit of the master and her blade of the rose was there on her hip while she was prepared for anything and being here she could still feel Reiko Ike Reiko Ike behind her eye.... then something was there... a scent on the air like old shoes and burnt leather... something she remembered from the temples when she was younger and training. She turned and looked at the old man helping out and talking to a wookiee. "Uncle Vulpesen Vulpesen "

Objective: See how I can help
Tag: Vulpesen Vulpesen Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Orihime Ike Orihime Ike

00_001.doric.png

I'd been to Kashyyyk a bunch of times, it wasn't always the easiest planet to get to if you didn't own a starship, but I had friends here, friends that treated me like family, so I tried to make the effort to get here every so often. But this time I had come for a sad reason. The mandalorians had attacked several villages on the planet and caused a lot of casualties. When I heard that Master Torrevaso was bringing the shifters here to help, I knew i needed to come and find out what had happened. I was blessed by the fact my "honorkin" were far from the events that took place, but so many had not been so lucky.

As we walked from the Vixen to the village my, Ryyk blades hung loosely but proudly from my waist. They were small, for my small devaronoid frame, but as a gift for saving a wookiee youngling they were exquisitely carved.

"It makes me so angry being here master, why did the mandalorians do this?" Ever since I had heard of mandalorians I had disliked them, people so obsessed with their technology they were functionally inseparable from it and wore it like skin. But a belief structure I could handle, destruction and death on this beautiful planet, to these noble people made no sense at all. I had seen too much destruction lately.

Vulpesen Vulpesen was greeted in shyriiwook by someone who appeared to be an old friend. I smirked at the Harry goliath picked up the powerful wilder and cuddled him like a child might cuddle a favourite stuffed toy. Her attention was quickly caught by Orihime Ike Orihime Ike greeting her uncle? Another neice? The Vorren man seemed to have quite a varied family. Then I remembered what Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic had told me about her parents on Kashyyyk, could this be her sister?​

After being putdown by the Wookiee Chieftan, Vulpesen sucked in a deep breath which he let out with a chuckle. At least the ravages of the mandalorians hadn't broken the exuberance of the massive tree dwellers. "To show power," he stated in answer to Gweneth's question. It was an unfortunate truth in the galaxy that those with power would often use it to crush those without it. Vulpesen believed, or rather, he knew that power existed to protect the weak. But it seemed as though that fact was lost on the Mandalorian schuttas that had committed this atrocity.

His ears pricked to a cheerful greeting and Vulpesen turned to face the newcomer. A familiar face, often seen in holos and from his past amongst the jedi of the republic and his few visits beyond home into the space held by the Silver concord was approaching and he returned her greeting with a wide smile. "Orihime! You've grown." His tail flicked and swayed at her presence and he took a moment to appraise the younger Ike. "I saw your mother not too long ago. I hope you're doing well."

He could feel the confused look of Gweneth on the back of his skull and he cleared his throat before introducing the pair. "Orihime, Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari . Gweneth, Orihime Ike Orihime Ike . Gweneth is something of a new protege of mine. And Ike here is the daughter of a very dear friend of mine, one of the few I've got left from my days in the order." His eyes flicked up at another arrival who had come with her own transport. "And that would be miss Jonyna Si Jonyna Si , a jedi knight. We had a bit of a misadventure on Cathar." There was a roar behind him and Vulpesen rolled his eyes before stepping back once more to allow room for the wookiee chieftan to step forward. "And everyone, this is Hroongar, chief of the local village. He and I had a bit of fun dealing with a Tarentatek a few decades ago. myself, killing the damned thing while he skinned it for me."

Mercifully, likely sensing the nearing end of their Archon's patience, the team of Wilders that had come with Vulpesen didn't stick around for introductions, instead turning around to head to the Vixen where supplies had been stored in the twin cargo compartments in the rear wings. They would need to get busy if they wanted to make any progress, so while Vulpesen held introductions, someone had to prepare the labor to come.

Vulpesen Vulpesen Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari

She looked at him and the wookiee as he introduced the others and bwoed her head. "Welcome to Kashyyyk , since the rest was moved we have been checking back up to help where we can." She said it and turned to look at him and smiled. "I am doing well as are my sisters, Momoya and Jade are training with the Aing-Tii, Willow and Loriath have went to meet the bedlam, Reiko is teaching Runi is exploring towards the companion galaxies and Allie and Hoikage are exploring Millidon." She said it with a smile on her face though. "And I am here helping where I can." She nodded though and he had met her mother which meant he had likely seen... the High Plane or any number of other things.

"We brought supplies from the temple of the three daughters the jedi there are handling an outbreak of bone rot among the villagers and didn't want to risk spreading it to the mainland." SHe was looking at the others with a smile on her face. "But come, enjoy the hospitality and do what you can." She looked at the wookiee and bowed while she was moving. around. "UNcle we might be able to do a few other things though, the old rests location is ideal for food and water. We left the purifiers there to filter it as needed."

Tag: Vulpesen Vulpesen Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Orihime Ike Orihime Ike

00_001.doric.png

"It's a pleasure to meet you all, I'm Gweneth" I greeted them myself after Vulpesen Vulpesen also introduced me. I let out a little smirk wondering what misadventure my master might have gotten into with Jonyna Si Jonyna Si . My master was very unusual and I had no doubt at all there would be a fun tale to tell.

"The rest?" i asked Orihime Ike Orihime Ike "Are you a Silver Jedi then? I recently visited the ruins of the old rest, the forest has done quite a lot of work to reclaim it." This was a good thing from my perspective, and I said it with a smile, whether she agreed that the old rest returning to Kashyyyk was a good thing was open to question.

I put my hand on my voice box as i shifted it, not wanting to make anyone else uncomforable with the undulations. "Hroongar mmmghh hhrrll kkkarrr llm ghhhll howwwwuu mngggg hmmrrmm vrrryy kkmmmhh lrrll ggrrrg mmmnn llrrmrrrg" I could shift into many creatures that mihht help here and Kashyyyk had been like a second home to me on many occasions. If I could leave here having improved the lives of even one of the wookiee, I would be happy. I looked to my master for approval and gave him a little smile.

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna eyed Vulpesen Vulpesen with a raised eyebrow, curious on how he explained that little stand off with the Empire.

"Misadventure is one way of putting it. Vulp here just deescalated the situation. So, what's the plan here? I heard something about rebuilding, but I'm not exactly a carpenter. At least, not in this style of building. I could probably carve out a few homes from the trees themselves..."
She rubbed her chin, soft fur rustling at the thought. "That's how we do it back home. Just build right into the tree trunk."

Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari Orihime Ike Orihime Ike

Introductions were done. Now it was time to get to work, as was evident by the myriad of questions and advice that were tossed his way. "Supplies would certainly come in handy. I'm sure the wookiees can handle most of the manual work, though a bit of telekinesis might not be out of place if we find a moment for it," he started before motioning to the wilders behind them who were conversing with the wookiees, "The Wilders and I can probably bend and regrow the trees with a bit of effort, making them more receptive to the construction."

He turned tilted head tot he side until he heard a satisfying pop from his neck, loosning himself up before the hard work began. "Get ready Gwen, you're about to get a lot of practice in your tree work." he said with a lopsided grin. "Jonyna, I'm sure your experience with this sort of work might come in handy. Defer to the locals, but I'm sure a suggestion or two wouldn't be unwelcome. At the very least, I'm sure it'll be a good opportunity for you to learn something while we help them out."

Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Matsu Ike Matsu Ike Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari

Vulpesen Vulpesen Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Gweneth Zarari Gweneth Zarari

SHe looked at the woman as she spoke and raised an eyebrow. "What ruins?" Her voice came out neutral above all. "The Silver Rest was lifted and relocated when the Concord dissolved. My mother transported it to the High Plane. The lake in its place is full of fisheries and newly growing trees." She said it with a bow and listened to Vulpes as he was giving the plan for them to be able to get to work and she bowed. "UNderstood." She moved off to help and offered speech to the others while working with one of the wookiees as she held the hand out to lift and they grabbed as she turned to spotting and keeping it in case they lost their grip for a moment it wouldn't come back down.

Tag: Vulpesen Vulpesen Orihime Ike Orihime Ike Jonyna Si Jonyna Si
Equipment: Gwen's attire, Echo stone, carved luck charm, quarterstaff, slingshot

00_001.doric.png

"What ruins?"

"I err... huh..." Now I was confused too, I assumed the ruins I had explored near the tombs had been the rest, but.. maybe not. "I visited the tombs of some of the old silvers with someone, then I explored where I thought the rest was.... I wonder who's ruin i slept in then?" I gave a confused but mischievous smirk to Orihime Ike Orihime Ike . Kashyyyk was hard to navigate around, even when you aren't throwing yourself through the trees in a primate form. I shrugged and smiled before turning back to Vulpesen Vulpesen .

"By tree work you mean plant shaping, right? I've been practicing but im struggling to differentiate between growth and vigour... does that make sense?" I had been practicing on saplings and whilst experienced wilders could bend and twist the plant to force it into intricate latticelike patterns, mine tended to just blossom vibrantly and I had even a manged to earth myself a fresh pear for my troubles. Hopefully joining with other wilders would allow me to ride along with their flow of their force prowess and get the feel with how it is supposed to work.

I guessed now was as good a time as any to get some proper applied practice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom