Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
224th_Division_men.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To flesh out Cerria's regiment
Image Credit: Main Image [Wookieepdia]
Role: A highly mobile infantry unit with the support of light vehicles to rapidly move into positions to take and hold objectives until other units can relieve or reinforce them.
Permissions: N/A
Links: Imperial Army

GENERAL INFORMATION
Unit Name: 287th Imperial Dragoons
Affiliation: Empire of the Lost, Imperial Army, Commanding officer: Col. Cerria Desyk
Classification: Dragoons (Mechanized Infantry)
Description: The 287th Imperial Dragoons are a more elite regiment of the Imperial Army composed of Mechanized Infantry, most recruits now come from veterans from other units rather than directly from basic training, though some with high enough proficiencies may be recruited directly.

COMBAT INFORMATION
Unit Size: Large
Unit Availability: Unique
Unit Experience: Veteran
Equipment:

Reman Infantry Fighting Vehicle (One per Squad)
FAE/A-12 Imperial Army Trooper Combat Armor
E-22 Blaster Rifle
IG-14 Blaster Pistol
DLT-19 Heavy Blaster Rifle OR MPL-57 Grenade Launcher (One per Squad, replaces E-22)
Thermal Detonators

Combat Function:
The 287th Dragoons are a rapid response and mobile force, quickly moving in on objectives and digging in, using the heavier firepower of their Reman IFVs to support them until foes are driven off or other units arrive to support them. They can not work independently in a warzone as they lack heavy armour, heavy weapons, anti-aerospace, or any aerospace assets of their own, they can work in a peacekeeping and garrison function independently when nothing more than low intensity combat is expected.

Force Abilities: None

Strengths:
  • Mobile Firepower: Their Reman IFVs support the 287th Dragoons' squads with far greater than what the average infantry squad could carry with them.
  • Treated with Respect: Though the higher levels of command may treat the 287th like other units of the Imperial Army, their Colonel having worked hard to mould the unit into the force it is now treats the troopers under her command with far more respect than the average unit, keeping moral higher than average, inspiring stronger loyalty, and keeping casualties lower as she is less willing to sacrifice them in pointless frontal assaults.
  • Plus strengths from Imperial Army

Weaknesses:
  • Heavy Armour: The 287th have the equipment to deal with light and medium armored vehicles, but lacks the necessary equipment to deal with heavily armoured vehicles and walkers without support from other units.
  • Air Strikes: Though the Reman IFVs have the capability to engage airborne targets, they are not ideal for repelling them, leaving the 287th vulnerable to airborne foes when unsupported.
  • Plus weaknesses from Imperial Army

HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The 287th Dragoons were originally a unit that was forgotten and ignored, even amongst the already poorly supported Imperial Army, until Colonel Desyk was put in command with orders to get the regiment into fighting shape. She immediately set about doing several things, chiefly repairing the low morale and discipline within the unit and fighting the bureaucracy for equipment and supplies. Starting with the unit's fighting spirit she instituted a better training regime, rewarding the best squads and platoons within the regiment at the end of every week to provide positive reinforcement and the usual punishments for misbehavior. She also started chasing down individuals who had useful skills but were seen as pariahs for some reason; stormtrooper washouts, veterans from units disbanded due to combat losses, or troublemakers who while lacking discipline were skilled enough in her eyes to make the effort of attempted rehabilitation worth it.

Though it was difficult for Colonel Desyk she eventually was able to raise the discipline and skill to that of an elite unit she next set about supply issues first working within the quartermaster corps to get her E-10s and E-10.5s exchanged with other units for E-22s to keep her trooper's gear uniform for the sake of logistics. Next was the unit's Reman IFVs, they had about half of what they needed to fully mount the unit, and of them, only 70% were operating at the baseline set out by regulations. So she set out to fight with the bureaucracy for equipment and spare parts, harder than whipping into shape, petty clerks who take every chance to hold their power over someone turning out to be a bigger obstacle than any fortification. Slowly dripping in ones and twos, and even being sneaky and requisitioning enough parts to assemble the IVFs on location the 287th Dragoons were eventually able to reach full readiness and be assigned to active combat duties again.

Last edited:
Ello! I've had a read through this before setting it for review!

Soldiers! I'm all for soldiers being fleshed out in the codex! This is a good little submission, well linked and all the permissions look to be doing okay! Everything you have is open market stuff, so I'm happy there!

I've got no issues with this, so I'll trainee stamp it and pass it up for secondary.

[TRAINEE APPROVED]

Cerria Desyk Cerria Desyk | Srina Talon Srina Talon

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Cerria Desyk Cerria Desyk

Zachariah Conway Zachariah Conway and I noticed all the submissions you are using are open market or affiliated with the EOTL. As such you can remove the link you provided in permissions. The only time you need to provide permissions is when the item you are using is closed market and not affiliated with the faction you are a member of.

Once you get that edited for me I'll look this over again.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom