Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A character’s career change(answered)

Given the new reorganization of the GADF that requires troops to wear the standard armor or variants of it I’m considering to have Minerva step down from her command of Strike Force Talon(a commando company). IClly it will happen at the conclusion of the Tython Battle as she hands over command to a trusted comrade. The GA can still count her as an ally but I admit I’m kinda puzzled what to do with her next since she won’t be a member of the GADF anymore.

I guess she could go back to being an independent mercenary when she is not assisting the GA in a major fight or something. Feel free to offer advice.

Last edited:
Seems a little bit silly to change an entire characters career and something they've built their life around, on a uniform change. But if you feel that strongly about it, then a mercenary is definitely a good route to go for ex-military.

I'm not super familiar with the newer factions that have popped up, but LAW and maybe even the Confederacy, might be good fits for that sort of narrative.

Minuteman75 Minuteman75
Vulpesen's VSF is always happy to take mercenaries on the payroll. Vulps could quite easily see a fellow soldier down on their luck and lend a hand. She could either serve an additional unit to his royal guard and thus keep fighting with the GA. Or she could fight in other places. I've been working the the TAC with Vulpesen's son as the representative.

The former story would work well if you're fine with Minerva working "alone" since he doesn't really have space in his command for another strike force. The latter could work well for keeping her strike force intact. (though im sure we can work something out for it to be vice versa if you want.)

She is a Mandalorian. The uniform change would require Minerva forsaking her armor, a key part of her culture.

Then again maybe the Alliance’s SIA could have a place for her.
Realistically, the reorganization wouldn't require her to foresake her armor, so long as Talon itself sticks to the GADF aestetic.

The issue we have with it is when entire units are running around with custom gear that doesn't fit the faction.

If the abyss stares at you, don't blink
Given the new reorganization of the GADF that requires troops to wear the standard armor or variants of it I’m considering to have Minerva step down from her command of Strike Force Talon(a commando company). IClly it will happen at the conclusion of the Tython Battle as she hands over command to a trusted comrade. The GA can still count her as an ally but I admit I’m kinda puzzled what to do with her next since she won’t be a member of the GADF anymore.

I guess she could go back to being an independent mercenary when she is not assisting the GA in a major fight or something. Feel free to offer advice.
It's your character, and your story to tell, but sometimes the best stories come from the biggest fork in the road. I was going to "kill" this character because I couldn't find his voice. Then a few twists and turns that were unintended and he's crazy fun.

Thank you all for your advice and honest opinions. It is appreciated. In light of the clarification I’ll keep Minerva with the GADF and the other Talons will adapted to a variant of the aesthetic.

On a different note it is becoming more clear to me that I have a bad tendency to overthink things and jump the gun. For that I apologize to anyone if I caused any frustration with that. I’ll try to do better with asking questions here.

Edited: The matter is settled.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom