Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Return Home[TRE Dominion of Korriban Hex]

Malachor V – A Promise Not Forgotten

[member="Krest"] redirected the CryBan grenade toward Soeht. Then, he yanked [member="Darth Abyss"] away from his current position. The grenade exploded – covering Soeht in a substance that would temporarily freeze him in place. Soeht’s only reaction prior to the detonation was a slight turn of the head toward the grenade.

The connection broke early. The lightning emanating from Soeht ceased to be.

The result was Darth Abyss as he was in that moment.

A frozen Soeht appeared to silently observe the arena. Darth Abyss’s temporary meltdown. [member="Thengil Ri'Shajirr"]’s terrifying roar. [member="Serenity Loveheart"]’s resolve to continue fighting despite the cacophony of Abyss and Thengil. The [acronym="Ignoring me? That's fine. I'm still a generous..."]negotiation[/acronym] [member="Antherion"] began.

The ice trapping Soeht began to crack as Darth Abyss calmed down and addressed Antherion’s wish to bargain.

The feeling of someone resting their hand on his should could have been felt by Darth Abyss. Were he lucid enough, that is. As if trying to impart a [acronym="Spare him, and I'll give you the key to others' minds."]message[/acronym].

ʜᴄ sᴠɴᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏɴᴇs
Allies: [member="Krest"], [member="Thengil Ri'Shajirr"]
Adversaries: [member="Darth Abyss"], [member="Serenity Loveheart"], [member="Soeht"]
Objective: Negotiate for his Life

"You ask for a reason. I will give you one." Antherion inclined his head upwards, facing to where one might see the eyes. In the Mindeater, he saw only an empty, hollow creature, ravened by rage, hunger, and hatred. He spoke in a low voice, angling himself such that his lips would not be read. What he said next would pass only between him and the Dark Lord.

"Freedom... what I lack. But more than that, I can see your profound love for it. You have created a free people. A free world. Vrak Nashar wants an Empire ruled by the Sith, but what you have created is a world suffused with the philosophy of the Sith. They stood against all odds and were victorious. Their chains are broken like mine have never been. Each lowly, drugged-up 'unchained' is more a Sith than I am.

"You kill me... kill the cathar? Sure. Eat our minds, break our bodies. Vent your anger, abandon your people to a culture that doesn't understand them. You would watch from the shadows as what you built crumble. And I don't mean some criminal empire... I mean the society of freedom. They would be broken and bred as the Purebloods of old did it, more extreme than anything you've ever seen in your undoubtedly long life.

"I know what that is like. I have seen it. It is stupidity, brashness, and arrogance. Empires built to exalt the egos of their creators crumble. Nothing built upon nothing... that would be all that remained.

"But listen -- I understand your creation. It is like... a piece of art. I appreciate fine art. I appreciate beautiful things, and this experiment is beautiful. As steward of Malachor, I could get the Empire to stay its hand and preserve what you have created. Who else would understand what you are doing and agree with it? Who else would keep it safe?

"Who else would be willing to defer to you in situations of import? Have the humility to listen to guidance? I am not a threat to what you have made, I am its salvation. I am the deliverance of the Unchained. Others can keep their thrones... this Empire will rise, and it will break into rubble as quickly and absolutely. This that you made will either share that destiny, or endure and transcend it.

"I want your success in this. Your power is built across the Galaxy in a million ways and places I cannot understand. For you, the loss of Malachor is insignificant. Its destruction would diminish us both... and the Universe."

"You would need only fear were I a genuine Dark Lord, seeking to selfishly add a candleflame's glow to the glory of a star for power's sake... but as you said, I am no true Sith. I have already called your bluff. If you wished me dead, you would have killed me. You asked me for a reason, but that is because you wanted me to give you one.

"I have. Like said, I call your bluff. Act. Remain silent, and I will depart, and you can watch form the darkness as this burns around us. The choice belongs to you, because you are the free one, the might Dark Lord, and I am but a humble cripple. Steer my destiny, oh master."

The sith lord remained silent for a moment, simply towering over @Antherion. It was only begrudgingly that Abyss admitted to himself that the crippled sith was right, as every part of him screamed to spill blood, and then go on and spill more blood until the resurgent empire was nothing. But he had to force the animal back in its cage for now, mindless, brutish violence wouldn't lead him to victory today. Then the mindeater answered, but without moving his mouth. Instead of whispering he decided to speak to his opponent telepathically.

"Well played boy. Malachor shall be yours. For now at least. But never forget that my eyes see everything. Make the mistake and take your survival a sign of weakness, and I will make you pay in blood."

A cruel smile was drawn onto the sith lords face, still looking down on the other man. While the battle was over there was still a last blow to deliver before he would be ready to leave. His desire for revenge had to be at least partly satisfied.

"I am sure you understand that I can not let this go unpunished, not after everything that happened today. Your defeat has to be absolute if you ever want to become strong enough to stand between the lords of our time one day. That has always been the sith way."

The metal sword was lifted into the air, and Abyss allowed himself to break into a almost maniacal laughter before it fell down, aimed to disable the chair the man was sitting in. Again he spoke, this time for all of them to hear, simply to make this whole act more believable.

"Crawl home to your master, and tell them how you gloriously conquered Malachor. I am sure they will believe you."

In the blink of an eye Abyss was gone from sight, swallowed whole by the shadows that surrounded him. A few moments later he decloaked, standing behind the frozen figure of his unexpected allie, @Soeht. The red lightsaber jumped into his hand, meant to melt the icy prison around the other dark entity as payment for his gift.

[member="Krest"] [member="Serenity Loveheart"] @Thengil Ri'Shjirr

Location; Malachor V
Objective; Flee
Allies; [member="Darth Abyss"]
Enemies; [member="Thengil Ri'Shajirr] [member="Antherion"]
Neutral(?); [member="Krest"] [member="Soeht"]

In the heat of the moment, she hadn't realized her master disappear into the shadows, but she did see himself lift the sword in the air before slamming it down. A graceful exit by him wouldn't be ringing true for Serenity, as she disengaged from the combat, one again placing the sedative like mind effect on the tiger, given its original effectiveness, it would be likely in his rage it would have an even lesser power now; but that wasn't what she was doing with it, anything to get out of here and off of this planet.

In a retreat, she ran and grabbed the weapon she had previously dropped and making a full sprint towards the door, and assuming nobody would stop her, she was greeted by her gang leader, which would follow with a gentle tap on her shoulder followed by a laugh.

"You have done well, dear Natalie."

She gave no response as the duo made their exit out of the stadium, followed by several more members who had set up some sort of perimeter outside of the arena. Bruised and battered, she climbed on one of the speeders as police sirens, blared out which resulted in a pursuit. It wasn't difficult to escape them, especially given they were outnumbered. Speaking once more to her sister, albeit it on a different encrypted communicator.

"Blow up the ships and get out of there. You know the meet-up point."

It closed, the port would be set ablaze as every ship, cargo container and security camera was set to destruct by the remote control detonator. This was not done to create a message,merely at this point a distraction to ensure they were off every radar on the planet, diverting all of the planets resources to that area as they re-grouped to a more safe location.

Serenity, her sister and the members who had assisted her, would now disappear into obscurance, assuming nobody made no meaningful effort to stop them.

(Gang located in bio; see; Hopeless Sorority)

TB-705

T
The foes scattered, like rats running back to their burrows. Thengil shook his head, braided mane swaying, as if trying to clear stunned thoughts. The tyro once again sought to influence his mind.

Stop.

The word boomed as a peal of thunder in her mind, even as her legs carried her far from Cathar and enfeebled human.

Ri'Shajirr turned to regard [member="Antherion"].

"Silver tongue brings victory."

Necessary, for often a cripple's only weapons are his lips and the words they form.

"Now we will have words. There is a collective within the Sith..."

In lowered tone, Thengil proceeded to describe in small detail the operations of the GenoHaradan, and extend [member="Antherion"] an offer to join them.

Malachor V – A Promise Not Forgotten

The ice trapping Soeht further cracked as [member="Darth Abyss"]’s lightsaber warmed it. Eventually, Soeht’s body twisted itself free. Sheets of ice mixed with water fell to the ground.

Freed, Soeht turned to Darth Abyss. He [acronym="Stay still."]lifted his right hand[/acronym] and pointed to Darth Abyss – careful to avoid the lightsaber.

M̷y ͜thanks.

tumblr_okgr1qYM7H1rf78nfo1_500.gif

Another promise – one that Abyss gave no indication of knowing about.

An attempt to finish the process he began.

And allow Abyss to see minds as Soeht does.

"There are multiple collectives in the Sith." Krest, who had come to stop a fight between allies, found them stopping without him needing to say anything. A welcome change, but he had not left [member="Antherion"] just yet. He casually glanced to [member="Thengil Ri'Shajirr"] before staring up at the cliff where [member="Darth Abyss"] and [member="Soeht"] were. Were all Sith so casual about talking about secrets and doing focused rituals with enemies still around?

"GenoHaradan sounds interesting though."

ʜᴄ sᴠɴᴛ ᴅʀᴀᴄᴏɴᴇs
Antherion jolted slightly as his hoverchair crashed to the floor of the Warcry, kicking up a cloud of grit and sand. He waved his hand, trying to clear the air, glancing around as to where [member="Darth Abyss"] had ran off to — his search yielding few results. He shifted slightly - his soreness the last act of the deadly being's revenge. That it was only that was something to be thankful for. He grimaced, putting out a signal as strong as he could muster for the remaining troops to keep their distance for now. He needed space and time with which to make his next move. Malachor V was his, but the next steps or missteps would determine whether it would solidify, the Mindeater dispelled to the dark corners of the Galaxy, or if it would crumble and explode in his hands.

He listened quietly as [member="Thengil Ri'Shajirr"] explained the GenoHaradan, and pursed his lips with wry amusement as [member="Krest"] interjected.

"Since it seems we have an audience, I suggest we speak in more detail on this 'collective' later... Thengil, yes? I have questions, and I imagine the answers best remain private. In the mean time, we need mass covert action. I am going to require an audience with Lord Nashar to clarify to him the sensitivities of the Malachor situation, and the resources that will be required to handle it."

He would let them foment for a few days, repair their spire, gather their forces. There would be little travel due to the destruction that had been wreaked in the Cargo Bay. Let them believe that it was a strike, that another might come. The seeds of solidarity that Darth Abyss had planted would unify them, he would foster that.

In the mean time, he and his allies would need to scour the planet for Darth Abyss's abandoned facilities that were still intact, the ruins of whatever was not completely destroyed. They needed to act fast, or it would be certain that it would be wiped clean. He had no illusions about harvesting data, but he did know that it would yield valuable physical records, as well as deep Holonet links, ideally. The personnel he needed meant that it would be required to request aid from the Empire, meaning he'd need to accept a certain amount of government involvement.

He pursed his lips. Minimize Imperial oversight while making the most of their resources... maximize the power from the GenoHaradan while minimizing their influence. He may have won the battle, but this war was just beginning.

| [member="Soeht"] | [member="Serenity Loveheart"] |

TB-705

T
"That would be wise," assented the Cathar, glancing sidelong at [member="Krest"] with the sort of disdain only felines could muster.

"Leave, cur, and limp home to masters, before I find reason to slit belly and see color within."

[member="Antherion"]

Ziost.

Warok glanced out at the wreckage of the citadel. The screaming finally stopped. Now there was nothing but the faint rustling of shambling footsteps and soft creaking of bones.

He turned back to [member="Cady"] and looked up at her. In the depths of his eyes there sparked a greenish glow.

"I can make you immortal."

He raised a paw. Verdant mist materialized, drawn from the nothing, and coalesced into the shape of a rustic dagger. The faint light of the phantom knife bled over Warok, revealing gaping patches in his fur. He pointed the tip of the ethereal blade toward her belly.

"To live you must die. Dying is not so hard. Will you die to live forever with me?"

Ziost
Post V

Cady's eyes widened as Warok held a blade to her abdomen. "What? Have you lost it?" Cady backed up a little. "You are asking me to die..for you?" The skepticism in her voice was unable to be missed. "How do I know it would even work? How do I know you won't turn me into one of your mindless pets that you've unleashed here?" Cady took a few more steps back. "I do not like where this is going.."

[member="Warok the Defiler"]

Location: Elom, Elos City. [In the northern tunnels beneath.]
Allies: [member="Bethany Kismet"] | [member="Electroheart"]
Enemies: [member="Joon"] | [member="Darth Pyrrhus"] | [member="Zakir Thaun"]
In Scene With: [member="Corin Zanith"]

One lightsaber I can deal with. Two is an annoyance. A double-bladed is just a pain in the arse.

And it seemed his opponent was capable of using it proficiently - or at least well enough that Elijah wasn't even going to risk getting close to the Sith. Instead he immediately began back-pedaling, keeping as much distance from the spinning blades as possible. In all of his time as an SIS, Elijah had never direcly gone against someone with a double-bladed lightsaber, even a single blade was trouble if you were properly equipped to deal with it. Elijah had no lightsaber nor anything with cortosis to disrupt the Sith's weapon.

Evade and run was the only option left, unless a miracle happened.

"The city can fall, it's the people in it that matter. If I die to ensure their safety then I'll go happily." As Corin stalked after him, Elijah shifted his backwards direction towards one of the remaining pillars. "Unlike you Sith, always wanting to be at the top. You're never happy - never satisfied and then you're unevitably stabbed in the back by another."

His sole focus on Corin's movements and the talking was enough of a distraction that when the stone chunk came in his direction, Elijah was barely able to jump back before it struck the left side of his torso - smacking squarely into the ribs. The sharp movement back also sent him backwards into the fifth pillar.

When Corin lurched fowards, Elijah bit down the pain and dived to the side avoiding the lightsaber which instead cleaved the column in two. Now the entire room was beginning to shake, bits of the ceiling began to fall around them. Adrenaline pumping through him, Elijah quickly jumped to his feet and began running in one direction - towards one of the tunnels that led deeper into the underground system. As he did he passed by the sixth pillar, he sent a Force blast towards it.

The attack didn't even need to completely take it out before much larger chunks began falling, as the entire ceiling began to cave in.

"Beware the kitten who thinks himself a tiger." [member="Thengil Ri'Shajirr"] would receive a smile before being ignored. [member="Antherion"] was the only reason why he was here, and Thengil was an afterthought.

"Well, I suppose it was pointless of me to even arrive. Here I thought I would stop Sith from killing Sith. Ah well." And then he would leave.

ZIOST

"Please," Warok entreated, eyes standing wide and so very round.

The shuffling grew a bit louder. If [member="Cady"] looked around she might find them ringed by undead, though these were different. They wore armor and bore weapons and looked more bone than flesh.

"I will bring you back. You can live forever."

Ziost
Post VI

"No.." Cadyssia replied before turning away to leave the Citadel. She was not ready for such a commitment. Her mission was completed so she had no more business there. Of course, she would have to fabricate what happened so that she might be seen in a better light by he master. "I will take my leave ow. I appreciate your assistance, Warok."

[member="Warok the Defiler"]

ZIOST

"Oh..." Warok's features drooped. His round ears too. He slumped slightly, then nodded. "Ok... Goodbye, @Cady."

Still slumping, the patchy Ewok turned and trekked away from the citadel. The undead followed. And if one looked close enough, it almost seemed as though they slumped too.

The moment the ceiling began to collapse, Corin threw himself backwards, towards the exit of the cave area he had entered from. Barely a moment after he entered the tunnel the cavern collapsed behind him. Pushing himself up, Corin looked at the shifting rocks at the entrance, grunting in annoyance. He deactivated his lightsaber, the last light in the tunnel vanishing as he rose to his feet.

"Not the most honorable way to die, Jedi. I suppose it suits your kind." He began to make his way back out of the tunnel system, coming back to the surface. He looked into the ash filled sky, seeing a second wave of dropships beginning landing. The enemy fighters must have been dealt with, then. The Kaleesh had orders to secure the capital city, and any useful structures, including armories and communication centers were to be secured. They had taken the planet, now they had to keep it.

"[member="Joon"] I have dealt with the Jedi. What is your situation?"

[member="Elijah Henson"]

In scene: [member="Bethany Kismet"], [member="Zakir Thaun"]
Nearby: [member="Electroheart"] - [member="Joon"] | [member="Elijah Henson"] - [member=Corin Zanith] |

The start of their interaction included a moment he found surprisingly refreshing. That the two would be at odds ideologically speaking came as a surprise to no one. They would disagree, likely for an eternity if the debate would be permitted to carry on without the limitations of time weighing down on it. Neither, he assumed, were new to life. They had found their way and creed and had it reinforced and improved, experience after experience. It was refreshing then, to be met with a calm and simple ‘You don’t need to agree with me’. Indeed, he did not.

Refreshing, although it was but the first step made of sending him into unbalance. Her presence was calming, even to him. She reminded him of someone he had never known, someone who did not exist. And that sparked his ocean of hate to start making waves within.

Even her defence against his mental assault left him with mixed feelings. So often he was met with walls, and he specialised in tearing them down. Yet she controlled the narrative, not with hastily built walls, structures prone to contain overlooked areas that served as points of entry, but instead with an ocean. The mixed reception came then from realising he would not be allowed to play his game and so easily have his way, while at the same time recognising the skill and even art with which she met him with. Her prepared ocean response resembled his own desert quite closely. Perhaps that was what kept him searching, even as he was starting to see her mind would not so easily be broken and left open to him. His own curiosity became amplified by her own efforts to draw him further in, and so the Togruta pressed on. Perhaps somewhere she would slip. Perhaps somewhere she might even unintentionally teach him something new about the technique.

But to whatever end, following the Jedi on this journey through carefully selected memories would not be to his benefit. The indication of conflict that had been threatening to come alive before now saw its flame of rebellion spark to life even further.

Friendship

Home

Both ideals he had once believed possible but since then discarded. In his circles, friendship had a tendency to turn on itself. The Dark Side corrupted all things, even the very atmosphere within which he breathed. Home was a but a concept that had remained intact for a short time, and had since shattered and scattered itself across the galaxy. His own daughter had fled and become estranged to him, a situation that could have been easily prevented by something as simple as spoken approval, from him to her. Now she roamed the galaxy, thinking she needed to get away from him and independently prove herself worthy of his love and recognition only through accomplishing impossible tasks. Perhaps his daughter was already dead. As for her mother, she was reduced to an unspoken name. Bethany showed him all the things he could not have, reminding him of the things he had once valued but since then lost.

Perhaps he could have worked with what lay even further than what she had shown him. Perhaps, if he had not fallen victim to his own anger. He felt as if he was becoming the vessel of two conflicting energies, a Ying and Yang still vying for influence at the expense of the other, not yet finding balance, not yet drawing the final lines.

Perhaps she had hoped he would find balance, find hope. Instead he saw his own deepest failures and inadequacies so blatantly and effortlessly achieved and displayed by this misguided soldier of the Light. Such were the sacrifices of a Sith. Like he had told his apprentice, discard comfort, discard family. The Code is all there is. Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. When will finally my chains be broken? He was beginning to see it as a privilege not awarded to the living.

The mental tendrils of Pyrrhus withdrew in fury. Instead they retreated to form up a noteworthy wall of his own to prevent her to pursue and dig deep into the mind of the Sith Lord. Ironically, he was forming one of those walls that he so often dismissed himself, yet he was not in a state of mind where he could play the puppet master who calmly led his would-be assailant through a maze of his own making. Yet he did not intend to give her the time to work the stones of his wall apart.

Why was he here? Slaves? What slaves? He was here to defeat the ghost of his past, somehow managing to manifest through this Jedi. For no reason he had the time or energy to investigate, he felt both the urge to protect and kill her, at the same time. He did not recall drawing his weapon, yet the curved bone hilt was very clearly in the tight grip of his left hand. Not even the familiar snap-hiss had alerted him to its presence. He had simply suddenly opened his eyes, and the lava-red blade was already there, at his side, ready to do its master’s bidding.

“I will not be delayed” he grunted, the fury evident in his voice, even though most of it now was aimed towards himself. Reaching once more into the deep, dark pools of the Force, he summoned its power to him. This time it served a purpose much more direct. She was standing in front of the entrance. He would have her step aside. With a powerful yet poorly controlled wave of the Force he attempted to physically see to that in an effort to have her tossed aside.

Location: Elom, Elos City. [In the tunnels beneath, heading southward.]
Allies: [member="Bethany Kismet"] | [member="Electroheart"]
Enemies: [member="Joon"] | [member="Darth Pyrrhus"] | [member="Zakir Thaun"] | [member="Corin Zanith"]

Elijah had somewhat missed timed his blast towards the pillar, as by the time he had reached the tunnel threshold he had to dive fowards to avoid getting crushed by the falling debris. The impact of slamming against the ground sent a sharp pain through his body - the already damaged ribs not taking a liking to it. For a while Elijah just laid there trying to catch his breath, occassionally couching as sheet of dust blew over him. Part of him just wanted to stay there, unmoving to avoid the pain. But years of being a soldier, stucking in similiar situations on the battlefield smothered that mentality before it could gain any ground in his mind. So Elijah slowly pulled himself up onto his feet, and looked back.

The way was completely caved in, thankfully stopping at the doorway and not taking the tunnel he had dived into along with it. Elijah had intentionally made his way into the one the civilians had gone down, and now that he had he hoped it would help him trace their path. As he began to walk, Elijah grabbed his comm - but got nothing but static when trying to contact Bethany, Electroheart or the ship. So instead, he paused a moment and focused in the Force, trying to ignore the pain his body was in and tried to communicate through it.

Bethany, Electroheart - if you can hear me...I had the collapse the area I was in to get away from the Sith...I'm heading through the southern tunnels following the civilians, hopefully.

Elijah kept wincing every now and then as he walked, breaking up his message each time. Hopefully he could reach wherever the civilians had gone to before it was too late.

~
Objective: Reconquista of the Old Artifacts
Nearby: [member="Nick Imura"] │ [member="Seraya Whisperwind"]
~

Anger swelled in The Slave. The computers he had searched gave way to the secret that this location did not contain the holocron itself, that it had been taken long ago towards some foreign location. His brow furrowed as he fought to retain his ability to think, a maelstrom of force energy ripping through the archeological site like a torrential storm. He fell to his knees, his fists clenched tight as destruction built itself a monument, but in only a hesitant moment it fell to the ground.

The Slave drew shallow breaths, focusing his energy towards his core to alleviate the exhaustion he felt. The room was left little more than rubble compared to what it was before, distant piles still settling in the darkness with little concern for him nor his pain. It was only then, when the damage had finalized, that the steps of ghosts long past made their presence known…

Step by step, the foreign and ethereal form wandered into the opening. It was shrouded in a thick cloak, a dark mask that concealed its translucent features, and stood nearly a foot taller than The Slave himself. It spoke in a harsh tone, its energy rolling in waves through the confined space.

You dare disrespect my Master’s Tomb?”, it said with a horrid tone.

The Slave simply looked up, still recovering from his fit of anger but clenching his jaw and setting a face nonetheless. He broke free from his dilapidated state, standing tall in the face of this new adversary and offering little more than a forced smirk,

And if I did?”, he spoke, knowing he was taunting a ghost eons older than himself.

The opponent simply watched him, circling his position with its stoic pose. The dark energy that rolled off him carried a heavy malevolent pressure with, one that spoke epics of the power he carried. A power The Slave, no matter how cocky he was, knew he couldn’t face head to head, but he dare not show weakness to anyone.

But he sensed the ghost could sense the gap in their power.

It raised a hand, a singular fist that opened and then shut, as if he commanded the air in his fist itself. The room grew silent, and the aura The Slave felt only grew before he realized what he had done. In the corner of his eyes, he could sense the other entities that grew near, slowly coming into his gaze with each hesitant step. Before him was a legion of long dead soldiers, all with their anger ridden sights set on him, and him alone.

His body tensed in anticipation, his mind tracking where the exit had been. He was being punished for his outburst, but it was nothing he didn’t expect. Though, maybe he just told himself this to better focus his mind in the moment. Unlike the other Sith, he did not look for power in fear, he found it in pleasure.

To him, the pleasure of being free. And there was no better pleasure in being free than demanding it from those around you, and if they sought to take it from him then he’d simply ensure his security.

He’d ensure it with a grin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom