Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Shipyard needs Ships to make

Kesh, Tahv, The Old Palace.

Solan sighed, working at tending to the slowly growing trees and flowers, standing in the open air and looking past them up at the building that circled the old palace gardens. Soon the Palace and it's ruins would be gone, replaced by what would be a meeting hall for all those planets that would put their faith in him and the rest of the Confederacy. Soon there would be a symbol for people to unit around and it started with this tree at the center of that half circle. He would be happy to see that day, though it would mean he would have to find somewhere else to live since then Palace was being converted. He would scratch at the top of his head as he thought about that, knowing that would have to be something he would have to construct in Gyn once the city was also rebuilt.

For now Tahv was the priority. It needed to be a sign for others that the goal was one of improvement and a better future. No matter what the end result the goal was what mattered, and he would do anything to achieve that goal.

That was why he had called an old friend. Sure it would mean that he could be targeted for his connection to the Sith by doing this, but in the end that did not matter. He did no bow to Carnifex, or whoever was Emperor, and he doubted that Taeli would use the people of Kesh, or worse yet the other worlds he trusted as fodder for some Sith Emperor that Solan would more than happily help put in the ground. Still he would wonder if she was still in deep with the Sith these days, or if she had stepped away from them. To be quite honest he hoped she had gotten away from them, that she had found there was no point in that silly and stupid war between Sith and Jedi.

Of course, he wouldn't know until she was here. A thought he concluded as he looked over his shoulder, the force telling him more than enough to know that she was coming soon. The four wings now on his back shifting so that he could see past them, still not used to them being there.

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

She had been mildly surprised to receive the message that she had. Kesh had been devastated by the Bryn'adul during their genocidal rampage through the Outer Rim and Wild Space, and its one-time ruler and admittedly a friend had perished along with much of the population. She had briefly led an incursion there to try and reclaim the world, but when the Empire had collapsed, any further efforts had been abandoned. She thought that might be the end of it.

But Solan had never been one to play by the rules.

Kesh had been a significant investment from Aurora Industries, playing host to multiple facilities on the surface and shipyards in orbit before they had been evacuated in the face of the Bryn'adul march. The company had provided a good deal of economic activity and military hardware for the planet, and from what the message asking her presence had held, it seemed that Solan was keen on rebuilding that activity. Truth be told, the company was also keen on revitalizing the area and so she decided to accept the invitation and travel to Kesh and its capital city of Tahv to meet with Solan. Merryn and other executives and engineers from the company were along as well, all the better to scout out where improvements could be made for the infrastructure and facilities rebuilt and expanded upon.

The ship they had chosen for their arrival would say it all, a large Gagazet-class Manufactory Vessel would drop out of hyperspace and disgorge the transports carrying Taeli and her group to the surface. Passing over the fields, she could clearly see that work had already begun on the city and the palace was being converted into something new, but as her transport touched down and she descended the ramp looking very much like the sophisticated Sith Lady and businesswoman that she was, she was very much looking forward to what the meeting might hold.

Solan Charr Solan Charr

Sokan's eyes tracked the ship as it came down, a place for such transports having been prepared long ago not far from the new building. He hoped that eventually there would be hangers for people to land in and attend the Assembly but he knew that such things would take time to prepare. Instead it was simply an open field not far from where he was now, letting him stand slowly and brush off his legs before starting to walk. He would not take long to get to where she had come down, and what was waiting for Taeli was a few officials who made certain she and her guards if any had found their way down easily.

When Solan did arrive he was honestly surprised to see that Taeli was still the same as he remembered her, honestly having thought that she might have changed over time considering that he had been gone for some time now. Solan himself though looked drastically different, especially with the dark wings that almost seemed to have stars in them. He would still be the same soul, albeit a bit fractured and broken still, the repairing from his revival incomplete considering those present had all been rather unpracticed with such rituals and the Essence Transfer had been inefficient.

"Taeli, I must say I am surprised that you came so readily. I would have thought this was going to be more difficult to get a meeting with you, especially given that my home is a tad more... broken than before." He would wave for her to come with him, heading back towards the former palace with her if she didn't complain.

"So, I hope you do not mind my requests today, but it is in my interest to ensure the security of my home and those worlds that stand with me in my mission." He would look towards her, thinking for a moment as to how she might respond.

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

The rebuilding and the landing site certainly gave the rural welcome she was sure Solan would be tickled by, although she supposed that was more another old friend's style. As she took in his new appearance, the new body, she thought it suited him better than his original. It gave Solan that dark brooding prince look even more so than before.

"Solan, all you had to do was ask obviously," she replied in greeting. The other Aurora officials and engineers would mingle with those Solan had brought, already asking questions about the state of the planet. "Kesh was a significant investment in the past and I intend to reinvest as it were. I actually once led an expedition here to see about what was left once the Bryn'adul collapsed, although we could take a small foothold before we had to retreat. As for the brokenness..."

She would offer only a shrug.

"It can be opportunity instead. Aurora and other allied groups have started restoration efforts in the Centrality region to repair the Bryn'adul damage. I'm excited to hear what your proposals are going to be, but I think a landing site is not the best locale for such discussions hmm?"

Solan Charr Solan Charr

Solan would shift and sigh, happy to see that Taeli was ever so herself, it reminded him of the old days and he could appreciate that. For as much as the new look gave Solan a more brooding look, he still would wear a rather lopsided smirk as easily as ever. He was clearly ill, a result of the improper use of Essence Transfer but that didn't seem to slow him down for a moment as he straightened up and turned, waving for her to walk with him as he was three steps ahead of her. There wouldn't be any new quarters for him, the plans for the new Palace to be to the south in Gyn and away from the Grand Assembly, but there was a conference room or two set up by now in the building.

"You wont have to worry about retreating from this place again. My people and I, as well as our allies have made certain that the Brynadul's time on this planet is limited. We have wiped out the larger pockets on the main continent, though Alanciar is still taken by the creatures. I intend to launch a full scale assault on the fortresses on the continent by the end of the year." He would explain, speaking with his mind already focused on the war that still needed to be prosecuted. A very specific reason he needed Taeli and Aurora Industries' help while Keshiri Driveworks was still recovering itself.

"That said, I am glad to hear you have come to help not only my world but others in the region. You know I couldn't ignore the worlds myself, even if I tried. My people would be likely to deal with the Bryn on other planets the moment our home was safe. And that is what I need your help with most of all Taeli. I have been gone for so many years, even now I am still learning everything that I have missed." He paused and looked at the growing vegetation, the signs that the planet was returning to how it should be.

"I need your help on the business side, but more than that, I need your help understanding the state of the outer reaches, and if possible, your help cleaning the filth of the Brynadul from this galaxy for good." He would make the declaration without a hint of hesitation, only hate and unchecked anger able to be sensed from the words as he led her to the conference room he was thinking about, them entering the Grand Assembly shortly after making it to what used to be the Palace of Tahv.

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

"Not completely wiped out though," she said as she walked with Solan. "There would be benefits in retaining specimens for research purposes. There are a great many holdouts still through the Scar Worlds."

Of course, he would know that another reason she would want specimens of the Bryn'adul captured and not exterminated would be for her own experiments. There was a good deal they could learn from the genetics of the creatures, not to mention their proclivity for biotechnology that seemed to be on par with those of the Yuuzhan Vong. When this assault on Alanicar played out, she would want to make sure that those specimens would be within her hands.

"There have certainly been a great many changes in the galaxy since your... absence," she chuckled. "I'll answer any questions you might have, at least to the best of my ability." She would gesture to Merryn as seats were taken at the conference table. "Merryn has been handling the day-to-day affairs at Aurora Industries on my behalf, and she'll be point in reestablishing the facilities on Kesh."

Datapads would be linked to the conference table and the inbuilt holoprojecters, starting with an image of the Gagazet-class Vessel the Aurora party had arrived in.

"If I may, your Majesty," Merryn began, "what are sort of investment from the company are you looking for specifically? The company has our own ideas, but Lady Raaf and I would like to hear the specifics you had in mind first."

Solan Charr Solan Charr

Solan would sigh at her thoughts on retaining some of the species for research and while he personally did not like the idea... well he knew already the Sith he had reached out to earlier in the week might have similar thoughts on the matter. He would pause though, resting his hand under his chin before speaking on that matter with his voice clear as he did.

"If you wish to take ahold of a few specimens during the struggle to retake and rebuild our little corner of the universe, then I will not stop you. But I really must protest about it being anything other than the Brynadul themselves. I know well you are still a Sith, that much I could tell just by simply seeing you and its not something I expected to change after how long ive been gone and dead but... well I am none the less wanting to make clear I want to rebuild this corner of space and to that degree I hope you understand I would prefer your counterparts and compatriots be asked to not intrude on things." He would ask with his hope that Taeli might be able to keep the greater Sith Order from intruding on things in Wild Space and the Scar Worlds.

Still he would focus more on the situation regarding Aurora Industries and the world, him looking at the woman with a raised brow. He would seem to almost be dissecting the woman right then and there with just his gaze before speaking clearly about what the company was wanted for.

"My people suffered many losses, a great many of our people died during the flight and in the years since. I was hoping for your help in two things Taeli, Miss Merryn. First, the investment in the Shipyards above the planet that had once been capable of producing many ships for previous projects of mine. Recently I and my dear friend Aedan Miles have worked to destabilize the actions of that Empire not far from my home. It took me very little time to research them and come to the understanding that I do not quite like their choice of actions. To this degree I plan the construction of a new force, one made up of Droids largely to possibly protect the worlds in the space around my own home." He paused and rubbed his eyes, tired clearly but continuing.

"I can ensure the production of the droids, but I need your help with the ships. To this effort you will be the main controlling interest in the shipyards and their operation over my home. Furthermore, any worlds that join us in this effort and provide resources will go through you for the refinement of those resources. This will give you a part in not only the production for my people, but the material resources themselves. Lastly, the efforts of Spaarti will be required to repopulate the worlds not only with sentient species but flora and fauna. The entire effort will promise your company nothing but significant gains in the long run."

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

"Despise the Bryn'adul as you will, they've done plenty to deserve such ire, but as horrendous as they are, there is no question they had a unique grasp on biotechnology and genetic manipulation," she replied. "And you have my assurances, Solan, that we are just as eager to help rebuild this region of space as you. Kesh was not the only world in Wild Space and the Outer Rim that Aurora Industries had a presence and had to flee from when the Bryn'adul advanced. You need not worry about being dragged into Sith wars."

Merryn would turn to Solan then, a thoughtful expression as she considered his request.

"Aurora Industries would be pleased to restore and expand the shipyards in orbit over Kesh, and a resources agreement would be highly desired. We have our own proposal to present as well, if you'll indulge me." Merryn would direct her datapad towards a central holoprojector. A map of Kesh would appear first, highlighting the area around the Takara Mountains and the peninsula.

"If I recall correctly, Kesh was also home to production facilities for Aurora weapons and droid, along with research and development laboratories. We would like to re-establish those facilities as well, along with establishing a regional headquarters here in the Takara Mountains. We want Kesh to be the center of our operations in the region, along with being a touchstone for other facilities we may establish in time. If that is agreeable to your Majesty."

Solan Charr Solan Charr

Solan knew that what she was saying was true but even then he had to look to the side for a moment as he considered the fact of the Bryn'adul. He would rather see every bit of their being wiped from the galaxy but Taeli was right and their unique grasp on biotech was something that couldn't be ignored. He would never approach the study of that tech himself but as he sat there he knew Taeli would make good use of that research that could be done. He would shift and think it over and it was only her last words that she presented him that made him smile a bit and nod, knowing that she was telling the truth when she said that Kesh would not have to worry about being dragged into the Sith's wars. AT the least, not the Order as a whole, he was sure there would be fragmentary groups of Sith here and there to worry about.

Solan would focus back on Merryn as she presented him with the situation at hand and he would rub his chin as she started talking. The plans for the shipyards and the resource agreement was easy enough for him to accept as those were something he needed to see fixed and going as soon as possible. He would make sure that his people were the ones in being given the work on these projects but that was something for him to bring up later. Still he would shift and lean forward, his hands under his chin as she pulled up a map, the map showing the Takara Mountains.

"If this is your intention, then I will make this clear as my people need to retain the homeland that we are fighting hard to bring back. If you wish to give my home the opportunity to be this center of operations in the region, then I would request all operations on the planet, and the construction of the shipyards above use the labor of my people. They require means to get back on their feet, and while I intend on making certain they are given the chance to bring prosperity back to their homes, these jobs that I ask of you two would help to jumpstart my people's pride in rebuilding their home."

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom